Justified Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on FXBetween Seasons

Season 3 Finale - Slaughterhouse

Yaspaa

[1]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 78
    Please direct all discussion regarding the final episode of season 3 Slaughterhouse to this thread, thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BLinus4815

[2]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 8

Loved, Loved, Loved how Raylan played Wynn Duffy for the coward he's always been.Duffy's almost as weak as Dickie Bennet. Was looking forward to a Quarles/Raylan showdown, but props to the writers. I failed to predict anything other than the fact that Boyd and Limehouse would be back next season. IMO this season was even stronger than the last. can't wait for season 4. This is officially the best show that no one's watching (hope the ratings went up this year though).

Edited on 04/11/2012 9:44am

danharr

[3]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 45

Good ending had no clue as to how Boyd was getting out of this nicely done. Man Raylen can't win for nothing crazy creep dad thought he was killing him when he shot the trooper damn that's cold.

CjTl2005

[4]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 11
    I'm not so sure about Arlo's confession. It seems too easy. We know Arlo didn't kill Devil -- he just took the fall for both and I have no reason to believe he did either. We also know Johnny seems to have something up his sleeve. Although, why would Quarles tell Raylan that Arlo did it unless he knows it's true?

"Oh snap! It's a piggy bank!" Line of the season, I thought. I look forward to S4.

Jemadari

[5]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 12

^^^ Not sure I get the point you're making, it's no secret he took the Devil charge for Boyd whom he apparently regards as family and judging from his first encounter with Raylan at the bar when he looked disappointed and made the comment about hearing a cop with a hat had been killed, the confession of having shot a cop with a hat pointing a gun at Boyd seems in no way suspicious to me

When Boyd was in jail for blowing up the Sheriff's car Johnny's comment to Ava about them sticking together seemed less than innocent and now we learn that he's holding a grudge about taking a shotgun blast to the gut, really looking forward to watching that play out

After having proven himself honorable with respect to the Bennett money Limehouse also proved himself a man to hold a grudge, his 2nd in command Errol started this whole play for a bigger piece of the pie which led to confrontations with the Crowder crew along with associations with Quarrels and unwelcome scrutiny from the Marshall's service but the second the threats subsided he got rid of him...but there's still the issue of the moves made against Boyd which are far from resolved or forgotten

All said and done great season though if they had found a reason to kill Duffie that would not have bothered me

CjTl2005

[6]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 11
    What I'm getting at is the shooting of Raylan's friend -- the state trooper with the hat -- happened off screen. You had Quarles, still smoldering, holding a gun pointed at the trooper. Boyd was knocked out by the blast, Johnny was not in the best place to take a shot, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. What about ballistics? Did they make any attempt to locate the murder weapon? Arlo is unaccounted for. He is most definitely not all there so I don't know if what he says is based in reality or one of his hallucinations.

Jemadari

[7]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 12

Fair enough, I was just a little confused when you said you had no reason to believe he did either and I'm like "well, we saw Boyd shoot Devil so they aren't trying to trick us" but whatever I psyched myself out,I tend to focus heavily on syntax, I'm clear on your meaning now

While I have no issue with Arlo being the shooter it did wrap things up a bit too neat maybe would have played better if it had come out in some kind of trial next season with accompanying flashbacks which I suppose could still actually happen

Edited on 04/13/2012 4:22am
    Edited 2 total times.

BLinus4815

[8]Apr 18, 2012
    • level: 8

In the words of Limehouse "i don't think you're seeing the big picture 'round here" lol. it really doesn't matter who killed the deputy. what matters is the fact that Arlo was willing to kill his own son...again! Raylan will never connect with his father.

Edited on 04/18/2012 5:24am