Juvies Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionBetween Seasons

New Show?

Khleoswife

[1]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 9
    Anybody think this show will be any good?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sexyup

[2]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 5
    Khleoswife wrote:

who cares it's mtv it will get good ratings.

Shysty127

[3]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 7
    sexyup wrote:
    Khleoswife wrote:

Thats not really accurate, but it looks okay. I doubt it will pick up though. On MTV you either have to appeal to peoples sense of envy (My Super Sweet Sixteen, TRL, The Hills, Cribs), or be funny (Yo Momma, Punked). All the shows that don't fit that, get cancelled.

justinwestnet

[4]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 17

Shysty127 wrote:
    sexyup wrote:
    Khleoswife wrote:
    Thats not really accurate, but it looks okay. I doubt it will pick up though. On MTV you either have to appeal to peoples sense of envy (My Super Sweet Sixteen, TRL, The Hills, Cribs), or be funny (Yo Momma, Punked). All the shows that don't fit that, get cancelled.

Thats not true.  True Life has been on for a while now. And "Made" lasted for a while.  Both were pretty dramatic.  I can see this lasting a little bit.  But if every person gets off easy like the two kids in the first one did, then it will get boring real fast.

enaweinstein

[5]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 1
    Does anyone know how to get in touch with Sara or any legal rep. I would like an update on her persuing her GED and college. I am a cross country coach at Piedmont College and we do accept home schoolers. I want to offer her the opportunity to apply for Piedmont. We do offer Music and, also, the posibility to tryout for my team. The school have academic opportunities to students that have good grades. Also, I believe, they offer scholarships in the music department.

Thanks to anyone who can give me any leads

Shysty127

[6]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    justinwestnet wrote:

Shysty127 wrote:
    sexyup wrote:
    Khleoswife wrote:

Thats not true.  True Life has been on for a while now. And "Made" lasted for a while.  Both were pretty dramatic.  I can see this lasting a little bit.  But if every person gets off easy like the two kids in the first one did, then it will get boring real fast.

Just so you know, both of your examples prove my point even further, sense of envy. Made is a show about wanting to be someone totally not yourself, and true life is a show that delves into the lives of someone else. No one evies people in jail

gnomesie

[7]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 10
    Shysty127 wrote:
    justinwestnet wrote:

Shysty127 wrote:
    sexyup wrote:
    Khleoswife wrote:

Thats not true. True Life has been on for a while now. And "Made" lasted for a while. Both were pretty dramatic. I can see this lasting a little bit. But if every person gets off easy like the two kids in the first one did, then it will get boring real fast.

Just so you know, both of your examples prove my point even further, sense of envy. Made is a show about wanting to be someone totally not yourself, and true life is a show that delves into the lives of someone else. No one evies people in jail
    Except this is a good show. People like to see ordinary people with ordinary problems. True life and Made both do that. True life is still on the air. Why? Because it's interesting. Everyone on that show has problems. People in Juvie have problems. Sometimes you don't go to jail because you're a bad kid. You go to juvie because you made the wrong decision in whatever you do. This show will last a very long time. Especially with new generations of kids messing up.

Tomboy127

[8]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 9
    I'm wondering if it'll be renewed. I hope so.