Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight Forums

The CW (ended 2009)

KRDK Cancelled at the End of This Year

borgfighter410

[1]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 7

Hey guys,

Bad news for KRDK. Steve Wang has confirmed that after December 26th, KRDK will be cancelled, leaving behind only 2 episodes from the end of its first season. Here is Steve's statement, confirming this: http://img195.yfrog.com/img195/6927/statementbystevewang.jpg

Apparently, from what I heard, 4Kids' does have a YouTube account and does actually comment back if you post a comment on their channel, so maybe if you all want to see the last 2 episodes, post on their channel, requesting that they air the final 2 episodes. The link that I posted also contains updated information about possible future KR series and all that. This is very harsh for a show that is just returning after Saban's disaster. Please spread the word out and continue to support KRDK, but if 4Kids does not air the last 2 episodes, I do know that there are dubs of KRDK in different languages online. Again, KRDK will be cancelled after December 26th, so let's make our move to try and petition to 4Kids to finish it out.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

coolwill15

[2]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 10
    What a shock! Why they doing this after they leave 2 episodes behind? That's nuts. Although the show is amazing.

DuelMark

[3]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 35

NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Aside from Ninja Turtles, that's all I see on this network! They best finish it if they want viewers!

dragon22a

[4]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 32

That is really not right. With two episodes left, they are going to cancelthe show. I know that the ratings are maybe not the best. It is a children's show and these things are risky especially given the darker storyline and maybe the toyline is not doing all that well. But the executives must see that there is a fan base. Why alienate that group of viewers when the network as a whole is not doing all that well in the ratings.

Why not give the fans of the show a decent ending. It is not like the ending has not already been filmed. There is a final episode, an ending to the storyline already done. It just needs to be aired. Why not give it an hour block to finish the show right. The CW does not have anything else on that needs to start in the new year. The only reason I can see for this is if CW and the production company only had rights to the show for 2009 and if they air the rest of the episodes they will have to pay for 2010.

If that is the case, they have two weeks before the end of the year. Why not begin to advertise the last 3 episodes as a KRDK movie event. With most of the shows in the block in repeats, move some of them and give a 90 minute block to the show as a sort of feature. The fans will be happy and the show will be over before the end of the year.

Edited on 12/12/2009 3:26pm

borgfighter410

[5]Dec 13, 2009
    There is a petition going on online, asking 4Kids to finish out KRDK. Please sign this! I dunno if it will work or not, but it is a start, and so far, it looks like we have a pretty good number of people who signed the petition, including me. We have to save this show and see it to completion. I do not want to see it end prematurely, like one of my favorite shows did (Eon Kid). Here is the link: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/krdk/

SuperTam

[6]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 19
    I just signed the petition. Maybe they'll put the complete series on DVD, so it won't be a total loss.
    Edited on 12/13/2009 1:02pm

JusticeLeaguer

[7]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 61
    *Sigh* This completely sucks! Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is an awesome show and it deserves to have all episodes aired. The CW4Kids should take Sonic X off of their schedule and air a three episode KRDK finale movie event. I hate that it's being canceled based on ratings because it is completely NOT a representation of its fanbase. Personally, I dvr the series and then watch it sometime Saturday afternoon. It's one of my favorite shows and it deserves to stick around longer. I would have liked to see it blossom into its own Kamer Rider franchise but I guess that won't happen.

borgfighter410

[8]Dec 15, 2009
    *sigh I totally agree with you, JusticeLeaguer. Apparently, the executives of 4Kids probably don't understand that not everyone can watch the series when it airs every Saturday. I just hope that the first season will finish somehow, since I hate to see it go like one of my other shows did (you know which one, JusticeLeaguer)
    Edited on 12/15/2009 11:25pm

cjpdigi90

[9]Dec 18, 2009
    • level: 8
    That is ridiculous. Why stop showing a series with only two episodes left? I've watched it every week, and DVR'd it when I couldn't. What's worse, the episode they're supposedly ending on is a Part 1. A cliffhanger! It looked like it the series would've just ended at episode 40 anyway, so just let it finish. Kamen Rider and Ninja Turtles gone, they've got nothing.

dragon22a

[10]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 32

GOOD NEWS:

CW4kids has posted the final epsiodes of the show online for viewing. I guess they finally realized there mistake.

canadiank

[11]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 10
    I was watching KRDK for earth and ventara pt1 saturday here in NY and at the end there was a preview for next weeks episode pt2. and it says its the season finale. If they werent going to air it why would they advertise it?

borgfighter410

[12]Dec 28, 2009
    I dunno why but if they do show episode 39, then I will be very surprised.
    Edited on 12/28/2009 11:31pm

roguele_beau

[13]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 31

Obelisk20

[14]Jan 2, 2010
    • level: 9
    I hate CW really bad now. I don't see why they couldn't air 2 episodes. Also, if they knew that would be airing KRDK in January, I don't see why they just didn't air the final 3 episodes on Dec. 26th, instead if just that 1. One more thing, and this is important

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I loved KRDK. For one thing, it was immensely better than the suckfest that was Masked Rider, and I remember that they aired all of it's episodes back in the day. I enjoyed it even better than Power Rangers
    ***SPOILER***
    , and secondly, it was the only show I watched on CW4kids since they stopped airing Yu-iG-Oh! 5D's. I am sad to see it go, but I have hope for a new series (which hopefully won't air on the CW), and hold out hope for a DVD release because there are a couple of episodes that I didn't see.

Animal51687

[15]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 4
    THEY ARE STUPID FOR GETTING RID OF THIS SHOW MAYBE IF THEY WOULD HAVE KEPT IT GOING INSTEAD OF SPACING IT OUT BY 4 MONTHS PEOPLE WOULD HAVE STILL BEEN INTERESTED. WITH NO NEW POWER RANGERS THEY WOULD HAVE HAD A CASH COW ON THEIR HANDS

borgfighter410

[16]Jan 6, 2010
    Well, it's officially over now, and we can't do much more about it. At least it had a very good run, despite it being on a very bad network.