Kappa Mikey

Nicktoons Networks (ended 2008)

Kappa Mikey Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• Okay, as soon as I saw commericials for this show I wanted to see it. I just wanted to see what it was like. Now I'm always watching it. Why? It is HILARIOUS!

I love all of the parodies Kappa Mikey has, especially the Phantom of the Soundstage one (hehe Fart). I also like how they didn't do Mikey in anime to show that he sticks out. Oh and I always love it when someone is pounding the crud out of Yes-man, "For the Greater Good!". Gounard is pretty funny too, I can't get the picture of Mitsuki pulling a cow out of his mouth out of my head. And then, Ozu! I always think its a riot when he screaming and yelling one second then he is all calm and peaceful the next.
  • I love this show!

I love Kappa Mikey. My favorite character is Guano. I don't know why, I just like him. Gonard is funny, same with Yes Man. I think Mikey and Lily are mean. Especially Mikey though. I like Mitsuki+Mikey. I don't know how Mikey likes Lily. Ozu is funny too. Gonard is just stupid and funny. This show isn't liked to much, I don not know why, I love it. It is not my favorite show but it is one of my favorites. Guano and Gonard are probably the two most liked characters. They are my favorites too. The action is horrible I think. Mikey always says "stop it Gonard" in a weird way but overall the show is pretty good. I give it a 9.1.
  • Genius! Kappa Mikey is so damn funny!

When I first saw the show, I didn't like it too much, but couldn't help but watch it. I found some parts mildly amusing, and finally decided I didn't really like the show. Then I saw the show again and was ready to admit that I enjoyed it. The show has some cool media references (like showing Shampoo from Ranma 1/2, Chii from Chobits, and someone basically based off of Kakashi Hatake). I like being able to say "Oh hey! That's ___ from ___!" Only the true anime fans would be able to point these things out. It's cool how their American characters are drawn cartoon style and have cartoon expressions whilst the Japanese characters are drawn anime style with anime expressions. Very original. The show overall has an excellent sense of humour and good uses of irony. It's hilarious how Mikey does the things any typical American would do in Japan (like playing with katanas). Anyone who doesn't like this show either dislikes anime or has an underdeveloped sense of humour.
  • Not Shakespeare, Not Trying to be

When I first saw the promotional for Kappa Mikey, I thought it was another stupid show that was not worth my time, man... was I wrong. Kappa Mikey pokes fun at your typical anime show while managing to be a decent anime show itself. The characters are cliche, but they are supposed to be. The premise is unique and winning, an american cartoon becomes the new star of a failing anime show and rockets it to #1 in tokyo. The day to day work of the crew as they try to live and work in japan brews much comedy.

Above all, this show is flipping hilarious. Give it a chance. Watch 2 or 3 episodes, if you do not laugh, then it is probably not for you.
  • Anime at its worst...

This is what happens when an animated character stars into an anime show which in this show , it's mostly anime where as of the main character is well... unexpectingly annoying to say at least.

Kappa Mikey is like I said , an Anime show at its worst. This show dosen't even have any taste for anything that's releated to my favorite shows with this. All it has is the plain wackiness of any show that's actually over the line of what I watch. The characters are too either stupid nor such general people who they work for a Japanese show. BTW , this is another show created by in my opinion the worst Nicktoon company ever , Animation C.

Overall , this is something no one would watch that this show not only offends anime but the face of wackiness with dancing sushi , a villian who is actually stupid out of a show with random thoughtouts that are more annoying then Billy or Ed , and the rest is history.

A 1.0 out of 10.0
  • Better Than My Gym Parter's A Monkey & Origenal Too

Kappa Mikey is an anime about a boy who wishes to be a star & won a trip to japan charater are just like Bobobo-Bobo-Bobob & Super Milk-chan cambined That voices are perfect for any charter & better than the worst shows ever [My Gym Parter's a Monkey, Johnny Test, 6teen]

Nicktoons keep up the good work
  • This show about Anime people in Tokeo can be interesting to some people but not to me.

6.8
    This show about American Mikey living in an Anime world is not very interesting. Its an ok show if your five not that smart and still play pretend. I really do not get the point of this show and why people like it. Tell me people how can you stand this show? I can't figure out what is so interesting about this show. The only thing I like about the show is the anime drawings and Mikeys not even an anime drawing which I gusse gose with the an american living in a anime world theme. Thats just my opinion of the show I'm sure pleanty of people enjoy whaching the show but I think it just dosn't make much seance.
  • Creative, but could be better.It's a nice try..... but, no.

5.2
    It's a show about some american teenage kid going to Tokyo to do some wacky t.v. show (....wow). It's a excellent try and is very creative if you consider a mixture of american style animation with the a more detailed anime. But I simply dont get the episodes they're uninteresting and gets pretty boring after a while.It's suppose to be a hit comedy but the show isn't even that funny.They try to sell jokes as funny but I just don't think it's cutting it.I've seen way better and I believe Nickelodeon can do way better than shows like this.Mayjor disapointment.
  • Set in a anime world and makes fun of it and just has many funny stupid jokes. You may think at first when you see the commercial \"ah hell nah, this is definintly gay as a mofo,\" well folks appearences can be decieving.

Has people watch more then 1 episode of this show, from what I see every episode is quite funny and that sounds like this show is doing what it was made too, crack jokes. I like the stupididy Gonard tends to show which usualy result into a hilarious joke. How can this show actually ruin anime, remember folks when people say anime they\'re probably talking about cartoon shows in Japan, this, is a show from America. This is more like a spoof of anime which is alright with me. Hey don\'t get me wrong, I love anime, I watch it all the time, I have a giant collection of anime, I\'m a pretty big otaku and this is one of my favorite shows on Nick. There are a few problems I see, the animations at time can get a little sloppy and the opening by the Beat Crusaders are a master of engrish lyrics. In the end great show, people should give it more then just a glance before they say \"omg how dare they mock anmie!!\" And try to atleast spell anime right atleast when making fun of it.
  • wow this show about a kid who lives in japan and has his own tv show...

i really like it this cartoon shows how japan is like a little and the drama is so funny too and its a really new idea if you like shows that are real life cartoons with funny stuff like scbooy-doo i think you will like this i know scbooy-doo is old and can not be replace but if you watch both of them and think about for a while there a little same but you know what i mean now if your like me you will love it tell me if you agree or not over all tvrocks06 says this show rocks
  • Unique. Takes some getting used to, but overall a great work of anime.

At first it took me a while to get into Kappa Mikey, but after I did, I try to watch it every chance I get! It's an underapprieciated show. The animation may be a little had to get into, but it's fun to watch. The characters are so original. There is no "Gonard" anywhere else on TV. The plot is also incredible. The things that happen on that show happen no where else on any other show. It doesn't follow the pack, and that's probaly another reason a lot of people don't watch it. It's not like SB or FOP. But I like it being different.
  • this is like the most boring cartoon show ever.i attualy want to put zero score on this

boring d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d dd d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d
  • Ok. Now that I've seen a full episode of this show, I can say for sure that it's beyond stupid. I was laughing the whole thing, not at the jokes or things that were supposed to be funny, but how bad it was! It was so retarted!

2.5
    And what's up with the fact that Mikey doesn't blend into the background? It looks freaky.
    It's a pathetic attempt to combine anime and american cartoons together.
    There were too many flaws in the show.
    For one, anime expressions were way too overused.
    I mean I saw eyes popping out of everyone's face every other minute!
    And what's up with the random dancing things that appear out of nowhere?
    I change the channel whenever it's on.
    I don't get how anybody could actually like this show at all. I just don't get it.
    I guess no minds think completely alike.
    Everybody is different.

Anyway, I'll rate this show a 2.5
  • What the hell? Another blasted show by Nickelodeon? but this time with Anime and American animation combined.

4.6
    This show really is crazy and yes it is an insult to anime makes fun of it yes girls in it can be annoying but they are more annoying in this pile of crap and Mikey Simon the main character is the only one who does'nt look like an anime character meanwhile the others look like anime characters and act even worse than they did in the actual anime shows but Nick have gone too far come on Nick cancel shows like this it's getting pretty boring and it sucks i completely hate this show and will never like it.
  • A parody of anime, that oddly enough stars quite a few anime VAs!

The show\'s premise is that an American actor(Mikey Simon) wins a job on a Japanese action show, The boss yells alot(Mr. Ozu), and comes complete with his own brown noser(Yes Man), the director is a furry little pokemon-like animal(Guano), his co-stars consist of a raging diva(Lily) a sweet, but kind of ditzy girl(Mitsuki), and a loveable idiot!(Gonard)
    The show is riddled with pokes at various anime, in one episode there was a detective who bears a striking resemblance to a character from Fooly Cooly.
    By the end of the episode the characters usually end up learning a lesson of sort, sandwiched between two takes of the show in a show(Lili-Mu)
    There's also these weird intermissions with cute dancing...sushi...things...
    The artwork is good, though Mikey is drawn in a completely different style then every one else(part of that whole, American character on a Japanese show idea.)
    It\'s a good show for kids too, in fact it\'s something you can watch WITH your kids! Flash cartoons like this are easier and cheaper to produce then traditional animation so here\'s hoping that also means a long run!
  • Mikey Simmons es llamado para unirse al elenco de LilyMu. Sus protagonistas podían darse cuenta que algo andaba mal. Pero el público piensa lo contrario, y de repente, Mikey es la nueva estrella del Japón, lanzando los ratings del sho

¡La primera comedia espontánea de la Televisión! Cuando Mikey Simmons, actor desempleado de la ciudad de Cleveland, es llamado para unirse al elenco de LilyMu, conocido antiguamente como el show japonés animado más popular, parecía que la mezcla no cuajaba bien. Sus co-protagonistas podían darse cuenta enseguida que algo andaba mal con su personaje. Pero el público piensa lo contrario, y de repente, Mikey es la nueva súper estrella del Japón, lanzando los ratings del show LilyMu de nuevo a la cima. Kappa Mikey es la historia de Mikey y su épica lucha para ganarse el cariño de sus compañeros, aprender algo de la cultura japonesa y verse cool mientras logra pelear contra escarabajos gigantes.
  • If it wasn't for Nickelodeon advertising this crap without mercy, you'd be completely lost in the first 2 minutes of it!

I dunno about in the US, but here Nickelodeon would not stop advertising this show... and more often than not, over-advertising is a sign of sucky quality. This is no exception.

Mikey, an American idiot with an oversized outline, becomes a star in a Japanese series. Therefore, everyone else is intended to look like an anime character. But, of course, it looks nothing like an anime or even an Amerime.

Like I said before, all the advertising Nick did about the show explained what it is about. Had it been not for that, you wouldn't be able to understand what the hell was going on.

The only reason I didn't rate it a 0 were because of the characters Gonard and Yes-Man, both of which are mildly amusing. Gonard is the idiot who plays the bad guy, while Yes-Man is just plain weird. Everyone else is almost as lame as the show.
  • What happens when you combine American and Japanesse animation with both humor from the countries? You get Kappa Mikey.

When I first saw it, I thought just another Nicktoons Network, might as well see it. Who knew it would be one of my most favorite shows I watch on TV? The animation comes combines America and Japan style with some great humor thrown into the mix. This show might upset some anime fans and might not appeal to a lot of people, but it is actually a great show for everyone!
  • Mikey Simmons is just an ordinary American boy and no hero, but he plays one on tv!!He stars in LilyMu,a Japenese show!!

I like this series..and honestly,cant figure out why!!!Im no fan of Japenese anime,but these characters arent normal!!They're hilarious!!I really enjoy watching this series every Sunday at 11:00 am!!!!This show probably wont last very long,but its bound to last longer than Mr. Meaty*gag*!!!!Well,I hope it stays on for at least another 2 months...but my current interest is trying to save Danny Phantom.....SAVE DANNY!

That is all....
  • This has to be the most pathetic American-Made Show out there.

You have to be a little kid who never saw Anime in your life to like this show, although this is not even close to it, it's garbage. Stupid Random Humor makes it even worse. I actually can consider it a twisted stereotype of Japanimation/Anime. The creator had to be "on something" when he came up with the idea for this show. I think it's the worst show on Nick and poorly animated. I would rather watch Pokemon Marathons than this. I apologize to all who like this show for me flaming it, I just can't stand how pathetic and stupid it is.
  • This show is very underappreciated. Too few people like it.

I think this show will do well on television. I have seen only a few of the episodes, and I loved them. This is one of Nick's new shows that I like. Nick is currently going into a dark era, but this is one show that the channel needs. I don't understand why everyone hates it. It's funny, but it has some annoying characters. Gonard is an idiot. I think he's mildly annoying. Lily is a control freak, and I hate people who act like that. Everyone else is great, even Ozu. It's OK that he acts bossy because he is the boss. This is a great show.
  • This Show is Funny

Kappa Mikey is a Show about a A Kid Named Mikey an Average American who Becomes The Next LilyMu actor aftere wining a Ticket He Tries to Deal with Tokyo and It's Crazy Habits aswell he Lives in Lilymu towers With his Cast Mates Guano a Cute Little Pikachu Creature The Writes The Scripts,Lily The Almost seemiling Nice Girl she Hates Mikey and I Hare Her,Gonard he May Play The Bad Guy on Lilymu But he's a Freindly Guy,Mitsuki she Has Lot's of Feelings for Mikey and Ozu His Boss/Producuer and yes Man Who well Says Yes To Ozu This Show Is Very Funny C'Mon guys Watch it
  • just another nick screw up.

this show is about a guy named kappa mikey who wins a contest and goes to japan. (or at least thats all i got out of it)but if u ask me from how it looks its just gonna be one of many horrible nick shows to come. i was about half way through the show when i though is supose to be funny or did a bunch or morons with 2 much time on their hands decide to get together and make a half a** atempt at making a show? to tell the truth im still not sure. i feel sorry for nick all they got going for them now is drake and josh and avatar. o well i guess one channel can't be amazing forever.
  • Mikey's come to town

Kappa Mikey is an anime made in america about an anime made in japan.The plot in Kappa Mikey is that an actor from Ohio that can't get a job then he wins a role in the Japanese show Lillymu via a scratch ticket. After arriving in Japan he begins work on the show and meats his costars Gonard a freindly but stupid charactor voiced by Sean Schemmel, Guano a purple dog thing with a blue gem on his chest, Lily a girl that hates Mikey ( even though he loves her )and the often forgotten Mitsuki who has a crush on Mikey. Most of the show is about the Lilymu cast's life and the plot is about Mikey ether tring to get adjusted to japan or messing something up and trying to fix it. I really like Kappa Mikey and if you like animes made in america about an anime made in japn you should wach Kappa Mikey.
  • just another poorly done american anime to add onto an already long list of poorly done american anime.

hmmm, where to start where to start? First off, the voice acting is terrible, the anime is not that amazing, and it's basically the same thing in every episode. Mikey does somthing stupid, Ozu fires him, Mikey in some crazy way solves the problem, Mikey gets job back. It's just another person trying to cash off on the anime-craze. Well you ain't getting a cent out of me!! If your looking for a good american anime, skip this mess and watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. It has much better voice acting, beautiful art, amazing storyline, and you never know what will happen at each turn. Trust me, you will thank me
  • An American actor cant get work anywere in the states when he wins a scratch and win game he gets cast for an anime show in japan and whacky hijinks happen.

this shows isnt bad i was expecting another horrible show along the line of Totaly Spies (and other shows that pretend to be anime and arent) although im an anime fan and i thin that the overuse of anime facial expressions can get old real quick but hey its a tv and its a fairly new show so give it time i guess simply put if you want a reasonably enjoyable show watch this show.Its alot more enjoyable than alot of cartoons out there now like (Totaly Spy,The X's, Yackity Yack,)
  • When I first saw this, I expected neigh-sayers, but I like it. There's a very good reason here that some biased people don't see.

Okay, let's get one thing straight. For all you who think this is another anime show to make American TV look better, if it was made in America, it's not anime. It's just meant to make fun of anime, and they do it rather well. Basically, the characters are average anime stereotypes like the ones used in South Park, only much more biased. For one thing, Ozu's yes-man is a psychopath who talks too fast. Ozu is a kiss-up who only treats the best guy with respect. Gonard is your average stupid anime boy while Guano is a stereotypical anime spaz. (He's my favorite character. All the best humor derives from him!) Mitsuki is the average teenaged girl who has a crush on the cute boy but never shows it and Lily is the angry girl who gets mad at everything the main character does, even if it's not offensive. Basically, the best thing about the humor is that is makes fun of both cultures, American slob with emotional Japanese guy.

Now, it's not the best quality, for it is done in flash. Still, it's so slapsticky and random that you just have to love it. It's not the best take on anime I ever saw, but the fact that it makes fun of anime and American cartoons so well is just impressive.

All in all, it's a pretty worthwhile show, and if not, at least it's good for when you're bored and have nothing better to do on your free time.
  • Because I wanna strangle them!

This is one of the worst shows out there! An insult to Anime! The over use of emocionics is truely sad, an insult to my senses. And just how many episodes do the creators hope to get out of a show about a show?! The way they portray the Japenease culture sickens me!I hate American attempts at an anime! In my opnion this show has no potenial, no one can relate to it, AND the animation and dialog sucks! What exactly is that purple thing supposed to be?! Nickalodean have really tested my faith before (cancling Invader Zim) but this is just terrible!
  • Kappa Mikey, I watched it once and thought immediatly this was a disgrace to all anime. I mean the supposley main character doesn't even look anime, but for some reason it is stationed in Japan and the rest of the characters are anime.

5.5
    Whoa what can I say about Kappa Mikey, not bad but not tvery good. Anime is the best kind of shows out there and at first I thought this was a disgrace as I said above, I then thought that this was a cartoon. It has little things that anime shows like the characters sweat dropping and everything else, but other then that it is the weirdest thing I have ever seen.
  • Just some show about an American kid who won a contest to be a star in Japan. The plot for the show is about him doing stuff in Japan.

What a terrible show. I think that it's completely senseless. I saw a commercial for one of the episodes, and it's senseless. It's centered around a missing fish, and everyone goes all over the place for the whole episode just trying to find a fish. And besides, the anime setting is poor. It's not right to blend an american kid who looks like he was from an american show setting into a poor anime setting. They don't match at all and it's kind of annoying. In that commercial, the characters were acting all weird. Ugh. I don't want to watch this show. Now tell me how this show got an 8.1?
1 2 3 4