Kappa Mikey

Nicktoons Networks (ended 2008)

Kappa Mikey Fan Reviews (100)

• I'll surely come to see the man Kappa Mikey.

A great mix of anime and american animation.
  • Great cartoon

Even though this show was a parody of anime, it was very entertaining to watch.
  • Kappa Mikey the show that is funny and cool and makes you want to watch it more and more those were the days.

A show that I love at heart and still love even when it left us. I think other shows like and other should be put off the air because most of the shows are lame and not funny at all. Kappa Mikey was a god to most of us. Even when we hate him he came back to us now the Idol Mikey has left us all. We will never for get when you made us smile Kappa Mikey we will away love you no matter what Mikey. Dream on I wish you come back to us and save the day.
  • Kappa Mikey?! What the heck does "Kappa" mean? That was the question I asked myself when I first saw this show on my TV guide. I decided to check it out. Little did I know what I was in for...

What word can describe Kappa Mikey? Well, let’s take a look at what this show’s all about. The main idea of the story is that a normal American boy wins a contest to become the star of a once-popular anime TV show, called LilyMu, in Japan. Not knowing what he’s in for, he takes the opportunity and runs with it. When he arrives in Japan, he finds that things are a lot different than anything in America. His costars are all drawn in anime style and are VERY emotional.

So how’s Mikey going to be able to fit in? Well, he doesn’t. Luckily, that is exactly what the audience wants; Mikey’s American touch causes LilyMu to soar back up in the ratings. He quickly becomes the favorite on the show, causing the other actors to become less popular. Most of the cast doesn’t care, except for Lily, the ex-star of LilyMu, who starts trying to get Mikey fired. As opposed to Lily, there’s Gonard and Guano, who quickly become Mikey’s best friends. Unknowingly, Mikey also has a secret admirer named Mitsuki on the set as well.

How does this all play out as a TV show? Well, being made as a flash cartoon, it isn’t the best quality show around. However, the characters and story are what attracted me to this show. Every character has their own crazy personality, and they aren’t all attempting to fit in with the society around them, unlike so many of the teen cartoons on TV lately. Personally, I think it’s just what we all needed. Japanese anime is becoming absurdly overdone, and we all needed to see something that’s out of the box. That’s exactly what you get with Kappa Mikey. So what word can describe Kappa Mikey? I don’t think that one word can describe it, so here’s a few: innovative, enchanting, funny, and endearing. If there was any other show on these modern cartoon channels that could have these same qualities, I think that TV would be much more captivating.
  • Very,Very good.

"Kappa Mikey" is an awsome show. It IS kind of wierd the way Mikey is just american cartoon and the rest are anime but its cool the way they mix it together like that. It seems liek ti makes fun of anime which is why I didnt give it a perfect score. I love anime and I cant stand when shows make fun of it. My favortie character is Gonard because he is extremely funny. Infact, this whole show is really funny. This show should really come back to the orgininal Nickelodeon where it really belongs. I ahte not being able to watch it. Awsome show
  • Now I know Lilymu towers is in Tokyo.

I love KAppa Mikey it is a great show. I want more epsidoes this is a cool show. Now this show makes me say I like it so much I want more Newer episodes. Mikey is my favorite character. I can't beleive Mitsuki seems to like him as they say. We learn in this show that Lilymu towers is in Tokyo. i didn't evenknow anything about that till I watched the show. Did you know before you started watching the show? Wow! This is so cool I have to say it again! I just wish for more newer episodes in '08 and/or late '07!
  • Even though it is not that poular, it is ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS IN THE WORLD!!! ^_^

Like I said, evem though the show is not that popular, it is on my personal favorites! I you don't know what this show is, I will explain it to you. Kappa Mikey is a animated show about a 18 year old named Mikey Simons who didn't get the role of a main charactor of a play. After that, he is sitting on the street. Then, a scratch card flys into his face. He scratches it and wins a role on a Japanese TV show, LilyMu. When he gets there, the cast have a wild time around Tokyo. If this show sounds intersting, check your local listings for Kappa Mikey!!
  • Probaby the Greatest Nick show ever made!

It's odd how a Western Style character fits into Japan as a TV super hero, and does so well! Mikey, the goof, always somehow manages to mess something up, whether it's a bonsai tree lit on fire by a SWORD, or turning into a rapper -Big Brozu- It's always comedic. Gonard, the idiot, is hysterical! In -Camp-, when he goes to Cheerleading Camp, priceless. Lily, the pre-madonna and ex-star, is spoiled, and crazy. Take Splashomon, for example. Mikey is NOT her pet. Lol. And Mitsuki, the shy vixen, is caring about animals, and has a crush on Mikey -lucky feller-.

That wraps up Kappa Mikey!
  • Remind's me of Ed, Edd, and Eddy, or The Simpsons.

I loved this show ever since it first aired. Gonard and Mikey are so stupid! LOL There has only been a couple episodes I didn't like. I will be so mad at Nick if they cancel this. The theme song rocks, and nobody is evil. Lily can be mean sometimes, but in Mikey at the Bat, she can be good when she wants to be. The Christmas episode makes me cry every time. I had no idea Guano was Ozu's son. I just wish I could see his face. Great show + anime + awesome theme song = Classic!

P.S Mikey & Mitsuki forever
  • It is a good cartoon that is better every season and underappreciated

Kappa Mikey goes over a kid of the USA
    that not more was need by his home , he tries to be actor , but it has go wrong , he had luck when there a paper in his face blow and that there stands that he can go to Japan to be an actor in the popularest serie in Japan :
    Lili-Mu

He plays in Lili-Mu a hero that with his team save the world from Gonard

Guano makes the script

Ozu is the boss

Mitsuko is Nice and loves Mikey Simon

Lili plays the boss and hates mikey [Most of the times]

Brozu is the brother of Ozu

GoNard plays in Lili-Mu the bad men
    But he should do not a fly pain
    He is some Times Smart and he loves TACO

Kappa Mikey is a Great NICK. Show ! ! ! !
  • Mikey Simon is funnier than funny

Personally I love this show. I know at times it has stupid humor, because of Gonard. But still it is a very funny, good show. One of my friends watched an episode and just didnt get it. But you have to understand that they have the smartest stupid on a anime, cartoon show. Yes Kappa Mikey is one of my favorite shows. Its my favorite show that comes on Nicktoons Network. And I fell bad for those who dont have Nicktoons Network, because they will never get to see the off the wall humor of Kappa Mikey. Lilymu is a great show in a show.
  • genius! its really smart in its stupidity. they should make LilyMu an actual show!

this show is so funny
    im addicted

people should really give it a chance, i know they would enjoy it!

one of the greatest things about it are Mikeys parents and their complete randomness.
    for example when Mikey is lonely and he decides to call them. He gets the answering machine of his parents reading random words out of the dictionary just in case he desparately needs to hear a humans voice.

just great stuff like that.

not to mention the hilariously great acting talent of the cast of LilyMu. especialy Gonard who plays a great villan but in real life is so sweet and dumb its charming.
    and Lily who in real life hates Mikey with a passion but has to play a girl in love with him.

so please really watch and enjoy!
    there's some great writing in there ^_^
  • I`m glad this was all that was on when it first aired...

I thought it was an interesting show after seeing many commercials while watching Nicktoons Network one day. Now, I can`t keep my eyes off of the tv whenever this is on! Its a great show in my opinion, no matter how many real anime geeks bash and flame this show, I still like it. Mikey is so funny how he manages to get the whole gang into trouble about every day of the week. But Lily is just plain evil. She deserves to be thrown down a well for treating Mikey like dirt. I`m just really glad that I made a liking to this show and I`m also glad it has made it into a second season. See you next time!
  • This show is so hilarious! (Gonard is the funniest)

This show is so hilarious! I cant believe I never watched this when it came out, I thought it looked stupid, but I thought of that to a lot of shows that turned out to be awesome, this is one of them, cool anime, and mostly everything about this show is cool.

I give this show a 10
  • Genius! Kappa Mikey is so damn funny!

When I first saw the show, I didn't like it too much, but couldn't help but watch it. I found some parts mildly amusing, and finally decided I didn't really like the show. Then I saw the show again and was ready to admit that I enjoyed it. The show has some cool media references (like showing Shampoo from Ranma 1/2, Chii from Chobits, and someone basically based off of Kakashi Hatake). I like being able to say "Oh hey! That's ___ from ___!" Only the true anime fans would be able to point these things out. It's cool how their American characters are drawn cartoon style and have cartoon expressions whilst the Japanese characters are drawn anime style with anime expressions. Very original. The show overall has an excellent sense of humour and good uses of irony. It's hilarious how Mikey does the things any typical American would do in Japan (like playing with katanas). Anyone who doesn't like this show either dislikes anime or has an underdeveloped sense of humour.
  • this is like the most boring cartoon show ever.i attualy want to put zero score on this

boring d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d dd d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d
  • I love Kappa Mikey so much I made my own site at www.kappamikeyfans.net

The thing I love the most about \"Kappa Mikey\" is the fun inventive way it makes fun out of popular culture. Another animated series that is brilliant in the art of molding itself with the times are the long running animated series \"The Simpson\'s\" and \"South Park.\" If \"Kappa Mikey\" follows their successful recipe this show has the potential of running for a long time.

I really like Mikey because he\'s flawed; which makes him the most human. He\'s always doing stupid things and messing up, but in the end seems to come out of it wiser.

Mitsuki is the sweetest most caring character of the bunch therefore I think she\'s the most likeable. She has forgiven Mikey on many occasions even though he\'s done dumb things to her. I think that makes for a very admirable quality even for a cartoon character.

Lily is quite self centered and loud; she\'s always screaming at Mikey. Although this does make for some funny moments so I wouldn\'t want her any other way.

Guano\'s character is kind of still developing in my opinion Gonars and as well.

I like Ozu He\'s older and wiser, but still makes mistakes.

And last but not least the dancing susi I just love them.

Plus: We have will posting our new exclusive interview with the creator of Kappa Mikey, Larry Schwarz. Check out: episode photo captions, fan art, fan fiction, and stop by our forum to discuss the Lilly Mu gang.
  • A new favorite show of mine.

This show is terrific. Although it didn't look too good at first, it proved to be excellent. The first couple of episodes weren't that great, but the show quickly improved. And the plots don't usually take themselves that seriously, but they're not really supposed to, and usually end up being hilarious. Mikey usually gets himself into some situation, which almost always results in hilarity. The characters are loveable, too. Gonard makes for a fun villain on Lilymu, and is funny offstage, because of how dumb he acts. Lily and Mitsuki are funny, too, as they're parodies of girls from girl animes, such as Sailor Moon. Guano is just plain interesting. As is Mikey, especially considering he's often getting in trouble with Ozu, his boss. Also, the Lilymu show that Mikey and his friends star in is fun, and I enjoy all the fights in it. This show is great, and makes fun of anime in a funny way. And it also makes fun of itself, too, sometimes which is a good thing. While I don't quite get some of the Japanese stuff it makes fun of, I get most of it, and I love the show for what it is. Yep. This is excellent.
  • Kappa Mikey is one of the best shows I have seen in quite a while.

Kappa Mikey is one of the best shows I have seen in quite a while.
    In this cartoon, every nation has it's own animated style and all television shows are done with "live" actors. So what happens when an american actor works on a japanese anime? Pure hilarity.
    In this American made anime, Mikey Simon, a struggling Ohio actor wins a contest on a scratch-off ticket and lands the starring role on LilyMu, Japan's former favorite anime.
    Since he is Flash animated, like many American cartoons nowadays, Mikey stands out in Japan like a sore thumb. Luckily for him, that is exactly what Japanese fans love about him... and what viewers love, too.
  • Kappa Mikey was one of those shows you've never heard of but eventually come across and come to either love it's originality and parody of anime or hate it because of the way it makes fun of the shows you love.

I have never even heard of this show until a few weeks ago. I was watching Invader Zim or some other show on the Nicktoons Network. It was just playing in the background and it caught my eye. I didn't know what this was about or if it was any good. I wasn't paying much attention to the show at first but became engrossed after I watch a few minutes of it. The theme song is done by the Beat Crusaders and quite catchy. I find myself humming it or singing it to myself on more then a few occasions.

Kappa Mikey is an anime show made in America about an anime show made in Japan. So the show is animated different then most. The main character is outlined in black like most "western" cartoons. Similar to Powerpuff Girls, Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, etc. The rest of the cast, crew, and charcters are all animated anime-style.

The star of both "Kappa Mikey" and "LilyMu" is Mikey Simon, an actor from Cleaveland, Ohio. He wins a trip to star in Japan's once great anime "LilyMu" from a scratch-off ticket. His co-stars don't really think that he is the right choice for the show but all of Japan thinks differently and "Lilymu" becomes a top-rated show again.

"LilyMu" has a small cast of only 5 actors. Guano is a purple thing that writes, directs, and acts in the "LilyMu" show. While filming, his only lines are his name. He's basically a Pokemon that can fire a beam from a gem on his chest. Next is Gonard. He is the villian of the show. Off set though, he's just a big loveable guy. He is a bit stupid though. Which may be why he's Mikey's best friend. Together they cause all kinds of mischief and mayhem wether it be buying video games from pirates or selling lemonade then giving away the money to compete for popularity.

Now for the females of the group. Lily plays a sweet innocent girl on set but off, she's actually very cruel and is always trying to ruin Mikey since he came to Japan. She lives together with Mitsuki in LilyMu Towers. Mitsuki is just the opposite of Lily. A short-tempered, butt kicking kind of gal. While Lily despise Mikey with a passion, Mitsuki has a crush on Mikey. Mikey likes Lily though and is oblivious to the fact Mitsuki likes him.

The crew consists of the boss Ozu, the Yes-Man, and Yoshi the camera man. Not much to be said here except that the Yes-Man is always around Ozu with a witty phrase to be said after Ozu "lays down the law." Yoshi seems to appear at random intervals. Wether it be on a pirate ship or helping Mikey fool Mitsuki.

Through the episodes, Mikey and the gang encounter many different parodied anime characters, go on lots of adventures, and cause lots of trouble. All in all, I recommend watching a couple episodes and then deciding for yourself if you like this show or not.

The only downside is that not everyone has the Nicktoons Network. So unless you have Digital Cable or Satellite, you probably will not be able to see it and be missing out. Other then it airing only on a channel most people don't have, I rate this show a 10/10 and mark it as one of my all-time personal favorite shows.
  • This show is insane.

My 2nd reveiw after the smurfs. This is the funniest show ive ever seen. Gonard is by far the funniest of all because he eats all kind of stuff. He even ate a picture of a sandwich! ha ha. The random dancing sushi is strange and funny.Guano is purple and looks kinda like pikachu. The show is original and cool in its own way. The most hilarious episode has got to be the bikey episode where mikey makes his motorcycle talk. When characters get mad or sad there heads get all huge. I recomend this show to anyone who likes a funny show.
  • Mikey Simmons is just an ordinary American boy and no hero, but he plays one on tv!!He stars in LilyMu,a Japenese show!!

I like this series..and honestly,cant figure out why!!!Im no fan of Japenese anime,but these characters arent normal!!They're hilarious!!I really enjoy watching this series every Sunday at 11:00 am!!!!This show probably wont last very long,but its bound to last longer than Mr. Meaty*gag*!!!!Well,I hope it stays on for at least another 2 months...but my current interest is trying to save Danny Phantom.....SAVE DANNY!

That is all....
  • Mikey's come to town

Kappa Mikey is an anime made in america about an anime made in japan.The plot in Kappa Mikey is that an actor from Ohio that can't get a job then he wins a role in the Japanese show Lillymu via a scratch ticket. After arriving in Japan he begins work on the show and meats his costars Gonard a freindly but stupid charactor voiced by Sean Schemmel, Guano a purple dog thing with a blue gem on his chest, Lily a girl that hates Mikey ( even though he loves her )and the often forgotten Mitsuki who has a crush on Mikey. Most of the show is about the Lilymu cast's life and the plot is about Mikey ether tring to get adjusted to japan or messing something up and trying to fix it. I really like Kappa Mikey and if you like animes made in america about an anime made in japn you should wach Kappa Mikey.
  • About an kid who stars in his own tv show.

Its an very cool show.I mean the character design is amazing.Even though Mikey is normal cartoon style and the others are liked almost japanase style.But this is pretty good.I mean he has an crush on Lily.But Mitsuki,has an crush on him.Even though he doesn't really see it.This show is awsome.It would be cool if it was more anime style and stuff.My favorite character are Mitsuki and Lily.That is only my fav character.I didn't see the first episode of this show.But I did catch some episodes.I find it interesting.I mean whats not to liked about this show? I liked animes.But this is pretty good.
  • What happens when you combine American and Japanesse animation with both humor from the countries? You get Kappa Mikey.

When I first saw it, I thought just another Nicktoons Network, might as well see it. Who knew it would be one of my most favorite shows I watch on TV? The animation comes combines America and Japan style with some great humor thrown into the mix. This show might upset some anime fans and might not appeal to a lot of people, but it is actually a great show for everyone!
  • PURE NOSTALGIA!

Loved the way it was produced. WHY WAS IT CANCELED!!!!!!!!!! Why man why!
  • Oh, come on! No one would have an idea like this back then! Why hate the show? Because it's an anime rip-off? Not!

I can see it alright! It's not an anime nor a real "common cartoon" you see in the telly. Who would even think of an idea of an American guy going to Japan ending up in "star-dom". It's like worlds collide! An American character in Japanese environment! Now, about the show. It's indeed funny, only a stoic person would laugh at this! The plots usually change and sometimes... no plots at all (as those who said in some website)! The voice acting is good, I barely saw any flaws with the show, unlike some shows made in Macromedia Flash (Kappa Mikey is made in Macromedia Flash!) which have some problems with mouth movement and graphics. Hey, I'm not trying to offend shows! Many of the characters are usually cute when in "chibi" form (when they have small bodies pretty large heads and cute expressions) besides Guano, he's already cute in his... uhh... costume or form? W'ever! I can see Lily is pretty (yeah, pretty arrogant!) in some ways, except when she's mean to people. She's my younger sister's fave character of the show, I also like Lily because I'm just as notorious as she is (Bwahahaha), if someone insults me! I really admire Mitsuki (Oh, come on. She's my account picture!) for her compassion to people. Plus, she's hotter than Lily! She also looks good as a spy (I know it already happened in one episode)! I only like Gonard in his "chibi" form, he reminded me of Mint in "Galaxy Angel", despite Gonard's a moron! In conclusion, I gave this show a 9.5 for it's "fun to watch" thing, the characters, the storyline, and concept (maybe). The missing .5? They're using some characters from other anime without permission to it's creators (originality, please)! Creativity rules in this show! This show rocks!
  • This Show Is So Hillarious

The Show Is So Funny. Especially Gonard and Mikey!! They Are so stupid together tho. When I watch this show i feel like im about to die of laughter.It is So Funny My friends say im a loser for watching it but i ignore them thats how funny this show is. Im glad the new Season is here cause this show needs to go on for ever and ever...(Like a Bar Notation). I need some oxygen when i watch this show. Its Not perfect its not bad it is in beetween. I hope this show comes out on DVD so i can watch it over and over!
  • A Fabulous mix of Anime/American Cartoon Style!

This is one of my Favourite and Funniest Cartoons Ever!
    It is so Hilarious, but it's very Entertaining as well. It can Easily keep someone Occupied for a long Time. The Humor is Quite Unique, and Oftenely Unexpected. When I saw the Commercial I wasn't Expecting Something Interesting, I Actually thought it was going to be Lame. But then I decided to see it. Right Away I started Loving it! This is a Show with a Very Original and Cool Idea. I also think this show is a Bit Underapreciated, I mean Really. This is Definately a Great Show, there are Barely any shows Similar to this One. This is a One of a Kind!
  • Okay, as soon as I saw commericials for this show I wanted to see it. I just wanted to see what it was like. Now I'm always watching it. Why? It is HILARIOUS!

I love all of the parodies Kappa Mikey has, especially the Phantom of the Soundstage one (hehe Fart). I also like how they didn't do Mikey in anime to show that he sticks out. Oh and I always love it when someone is pounding the crud out of Yes-man, "For the Greater Good!". Gounard is pretty funny too, I can't get the picture of Mitsuki pulling a cow out of his mouth out of my head. And then, Ozu! I always think its a riot when he screaming and yelling one second then he is all calm and peaceful the next.
< 1 2 3 4