Kappa Mikey

Nicktoons Networks (ended 2008)

Kappa Mikey Fan Reviews (99)

• Anime at its worst...

This is what happens when an animated character stars into an anime show which in this show , it's mostly anime where as of the main character is well... unexpectingly annoying to say at least.

Kappa Mikey is like I said , an Anime show at its worst. This show dosen't even have any taste for anything that's releated to my favorite shows with this. All it has is the plain wackiness of any show that's actually over the line of what I watch. The characters are too either stupid nor such general people who they work for a Japanese show. BTW , this is another show created by in my opinion the worst Nicktoon company ever , Animation C.

Overall , this is something no one would watch that this show not only offends anime but the face of wackiness with dancing sushi , a villian who is actually stupid out of a show with random thoughtouts that are more annoying then Billy or Ed , and the rest is history.

A 1.0 out of 10.0
  • If it wasn't for Nickelodeon advertising this crap without mercy, you'd be completely lost in the first 2 minutes of it!

I dunno about in the US, but here Nickelodeon would not stop advertising this show... and more often than not, over-advertising is a sign of sucky quality. This is no exception.

Mikey, an American idiot with an oversized outline, becomes a star in a Japanese series. Therefore, everyone else is intended to look like an anime character. But, of course, it looks nothing like an anime or even an Amerime.

Like I said before, all the advertising Nick did about the show explained what it is about. Had it been not for that, you wouldn't be able to understand what the hell was going on.

The only reason I didn't rate it a 0 were because of the characters Gonard and Yes-Man, both of which are mildly amusing. Gonard is the idiot who plays the bad guy, while Yes-Man is just plain weird. Everyone else is almost as lame as the show.
  • This has to be the most pathetic American-Made Show out there.

You have to be a little kid who never saw Anime in your life to like this show, although this is not even close to it, it's garbage. Stupid Random Humor makes it even worse. I actually can consider it a twisted stereotype of Japanimation/Anime. The creator had to be "on something" when he came up with the idea for this show. I think it's the worst show on Nick and poorly animated. I would rather watch Pokemon Marathons than this. I apologize to all who like this show for me flaming it, I just can't stand how pathetic and stupid it is.
  • just another nick screw up.

this show is about a guy named kappa mikey who wins a contest and goes to japan. (or at least thats all i got out of it)but if u ask me from how it looks its just gonna be one of many horrible nick shows to come. i was about half way through the show when i though is supose to be funny or did a bunch or morons with 2 much time on their hands decide to get together and make a half a** atempt at making a show? to tell the truth im still not sure. i feel sorry for nick all they got going for them now is drake and josh and avatar. o well i guess one channel can't be amazing forever.
  • just another poorly done american anime to add onto an already long list of poorly done american anime.

hmmm, where to start where to start? First off, the voice acting is terrible, the anime is not that amazing, and it's basically the same thing in every episode. Mikey does somthing stupid, Ozu fires him, Mikey in some crazy way solves the problem, Mikey gets job back. It's just another person trying to cash off on the anime-craze. Well you ain't getting a cent out of me!! If your looking for a good american anime, skip this mess and watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. It has much better voice acting, beautiful art, amazing storyline, and you never know what will happen at each turn. Trust me, you will thank me
  • Because I wanna strangle them!

This is one of the worst shows out there! An insult to Anime! The over use of emocionics is truely sad, an insult to my senses. And just how many episodes do the creators hope to get out of a show about a show?! The way they portray the Japenease culture sickens me!I hate American attempts at an anime! In my opnion this show has no potenial, no one can relate to it, AND the animation and dialog sucks! What exactly is that purple thing supposed to be?! Nickalodean have really tested my faith before (cancling Invader Zim) but this is just terrible!
  • Just some show about an American kid who won a contest to be a star in Japan. The plot for the show is about him doing stuff in Japan.

What a terrible show. I think that it's completely senseless. I saw a commercial for one of the episodes, and it's senseless. It's centered around a missing fish, and everyone goes all over the place for the whole episode just trying to find a fish. And besides, the anime setting is poor. It's not right to blend an american kid who looks like he was from an american show setting into a poor anime setting. They don't match at all and it's kind of annoying. In that commercial, the characters were acting all weird. Ugh. I don't want to watch this show. Now tell me how this show got an 8.1?
  • Wow...

this looks like a flop... they took FOP (FAIRLY ODDPARENTS) off the air for this crap! not being an anime fan but i\'ve got an idea that every anime fan will feel embarassed watching this wimpy little pimple on the face of nickolodeon air. it stinks! literally like martin mystery and my dad is a rock star, now mr meaty and shuriken school! nick\'s gonna look like cartoon network with their lame shows. oh boy, this is going to be hilarious. the show won\'t last 2 seasons, like the zany invader zim lasted what a year? pfft... this blows! :[
  • I can't stand this show at all!!!

1.5
    Ok ,I don't get it.First off , who in the right mind would stick an Amarican style cartoon character along with a Japan style Anime?Doesnt look good at all.The show animators really over use the Anime style like the large head,vains and the sweat bead.It just doesnt see right to have the whole world around "Kappa Mikey" to be Anime based while he is Amarican style based.Maybe if the change it around abit, I might actully watch this.Even after I saw the way everything was drawn,I changed the channel to the Discovery Channel, I was that desprite to get away from it.
  • Ok. Now that I've seen a full episode of this show, I can say for sure that it's beyond stupid. I was laughing the whole thing, not at the jokes or things that were supposed to be funny, but how bad it was! It was so retarted!

2.5
    And what's up with the fact that Mikey doesn't blend into the background? It looks freaky.
    It's a pathetic attempt to combine anime and american cartoons together.
    There were too many flaws in the show.
    For one, anime expressions were way too overused.
    I mean I saw eyes popping out of everyone's face every other minute!
    And what's up with the random dancing things that appear out of nowhere?
    I change the channel whenever it's on.
    I don't get how anybody could actually like this show at all. I just don't get it.
    I guess no minds think completely alike.
    Everybody is different.

Anyway, I'll rate this show a 2.5
  • What the hell? Another blasted show by Nickelodeon? but this time with Anime and American animation combined.

4.6
    This show really is crazy and yes it is an insult to anime makes fun of it yes girls in it can be annoying but they are more annoying in this pile of crap and Mikey Simon the main character is the only one who does'nt look like an anime character meanwhile the others look like anime characters and act even worse than they did in the actual anime shows but Nick have gone too far come on Nick cancel shows like this it's getting pretty boring and it sucks i completely hate this show and will never like it.
  • Kappa Mikey serves one purpose and one purpose only.

And that purpose is to show how Japanese animation has completely dominated our society.

I have not really watched this show (only a little bit of one episode and the commercials), so you probably think I have no right to say anything bad about it. What I am about to say isn't necessarily bad; it's just the message I got from seeing previews and that little bit.

Like I said in the beginning, this show is a blatant representation of how anime is number one these days and American-style cartoons just don't measure up. See how Mikey sticks out like a sore thumb amongst his anime counterparts? How he tries to mimick their face-faults, sweatdrops, and everything? It's actually kind of sad, but goes to show us that American cartoons just aren't as great as they might have once been.

I'm not saying ALL American cartoons aren't good, but seeing this old-school-style character in a high-style world...it just says something. And that something is that anime is in; cartoons are out.

• What's the guy from Futurama doing in Tenchi Muyo? Oh wait...

This show is another in a long line of other anime-oriented toons. I think it is a pretty good idea like chocolate and peanut butter together but all I got were cheap laughs in here. The show just looked like it was aimed at children and those new to anime. It's a slice of life show which starts off as an action show. The story of an American tourist in Japan, getting used to its customs and all that, all while starring a leading role in a TV show. What first throws this series off is the character design. First, since Mikey is the American, he gets the black outlines, the wrinkle-free clothes, a lip-synched mouth and four fingers. Everyone else is given their traditional anime design, but almost looks like the designer took lesson off those How-to-draw anime books. And I do not mean those thick, expensive japanese books. The show throws in little animated segments of dancing pieces of dim sum between scenes (ala Pokemon 1st Movie's Pikachu's Vacation), which I believe what occupies the empty spaces the show itself won't fill up. It's hard to find anything funny in this show, except some surprise cameos appearances, and the jokes are like "I've heard that before" or "Nice try" at times. And with higher-rated anime-oriented shows like Teen Titans, Super Robot Monkey Team and the Boondocks still on the air, this show just can't seem to catch up. But this review will be subject to change.
  • Creative, but could be better.It's a nice try..... but, no.

5.2
    It's a show about some american teenage kid going to Tokyo to do some wacky t.v. show (....wow). It's a excellent try and is very creative if you consider a mixture of american style animation with the a more detailed anime. But I simply dont get the episodes they're uninteresting and gets pretty boring after a while.It's suppose to be a hit comedy but the show isn't even that funny.They try to sell jokes as funny but I just don't think it's cutting it.I've seen way better and I believe Nickelodeon can do way better than shows like this.Mayjor disapointment.
  • Decent show and it is interesting to see a show that parodies anime rather than copy it, all around not a bad show.

5.3
    At first admitedly I hated this show but then again I was closed minded at the time when it came to most anime-related stuff. The show can be kinda bland to good at times. The characters are decent and its funny to see Mikey with thick outlines which is probably joking with the fact anime's have much skinier outlines most of the time. The one thing I don't like about the show is 89% of the time a character runs its in chibi, why? But then again why not? I wish the limo driver would pop-up more, he's the guy in the intro that looks like Speed Racer but somewhat older and chubbier, is he growin' up to look like Pops? By all means give this show atleast one shot before bashing it for mocking anime.
  • good,good,good show not bad...not bad

5.5
    I know that I gave it a low rating but I'm on the good side I dont know why but when I watch it it kind of gives me a good feeling its really funny and I mostly love to watch it with my friends, not alone because I like to share the laughter this show is kind of awkward but I still like it and since I dont have nicktoons network channel means I dont get to watch it but the last one I saw was "a christmas Mikey" which I liked alot!!!!! and I got so surprised at the end...like woah man...well if you wanna watch it I guess you have to wait till christmas ok good bye
  • Kappa Mikey, I watched it once and thought immediatly this was a disgrace to all anime. I mean the supposley main character doesn't even look anime, but for some reason it is stationed in Japan and the rest of the characters are anime.

5.5
    Whoa what can I say about Kappa Mikey, not bad but not tvery good. Anime is the best kind of shows out there and at first I thought this was a disgrace as I said above, I then thought that this was a cartoon. It has little things that anime shows like the characters sweat dropping and everything else, but other then that it is the weirdest thing I have ever seen.
  • It\'s a good show in it\'s own little way.

6.1
    Kappa Mikey is probably one of weirder shows I\'ve seen. The art style is absolutely killer: combining American and Japanese animation = sweet! Although this show only airs on Nicktoons TV. It\'s a decent show in my opinion. Not that bad for a 0 not that good for a 10 but it\'s special in it\'s own little way. I like the main plot sub plot story system and the characters are absolutely hilarious. The little transactions between each scene are neat (if not a tad disturbing). I mean come on, how can you go wrong with a show that features a little peice of sushi dancing.
  • Great Idea, Wrong Approach

6.2
    I think this actually could have been one of the better new shows pulled off by nickelodeon, but i know its done with flash and all but thats no excuse, Foster's Home does it perfect. But the one think that bothers me not as much as all the generic anime is Mikey, I Mean come on, if a whole show was animated in such a simplistic way it wouldn't of even got past a pilot. On to the anime, they really don't know what anime is all about. with anime; yes the expressions and the chibi makes it all funny but there still is a stronghold and a good background to make everything work, But Kappa Mikey doesn't have that. and i also know there not really going for a Long Run show here, But a story that doesn't feel like it runs for 11 hours might be nice.

Finally, The ultimate way to pull this off is getting loads of the Shonen Jump writers and artists and stick them in a room with the orange nickelodeon table and see what they come up with.
  • I can watch the show but I won't be completely entertained.

6.3
    The show is about a boy named Mikey and he came to Japan to be on a tv show. Well the reason I watched the show is because I like to guess the shows or characters they put in the show.If you look real close in the opening you can see a copy of a character of Chobits. Yeah the show is corny. It is so corny, it ain't even funny. Besides it is making fun of anime. Mitsuki,who likes Mikey, doesn't keep it furtive.

In animation, you have to. At first, I thought "Holy Cow, she's a stalker!" Til I found out it was a crush. Anyway it has its funny moments so just go watch it.
  • This show about Anime people in Tokeo can be interesting to some people but not to me.

6.8
    This show about American Mikey living in an Anime world is not very interesting. Its an ok show if your five not that smart and still play pretend. I really do not get the point of this show and why people like it. Tell me people how can you stand this show? I can't figure out what is so interesting about this show. The only thing I like about the show is the anime drawings and Mikeys not even an anime drawing which I gusse gose with the an american living in a anime world theme. Thats just my opinion of the show I'm sure pleanty of people enjoy whaching the show but I think it just dosn't make much seance.
  • It is a good show.

The show is good. I watched when I was a little younger I use to love this show alot but now I am not so interested in it because it is a really good show for younger children that would like this show. I grew out of it but does not meen I totally hate it. This show was good for Nick but to bad they took it it off. So the show follows a kid named Mikey wants to be a movie star but America does not accept him so he gets to be a big star in Japan and has to work with a crew. Mikey has a big crush on Lily but Lily hates him and Mitzuki likes him and they get along better. Mikey is really good friends with Guano. Ozu is there strict boss.
  • It's not the best, but it's definitely not as bad as people say it is.

This show is pretty funny sometimes, but they do sometimes make some stupid, gross jokes. Season 2 wasn't very good, with the exception of a few episodes. Anime lovers think this show is bad and is a disgrace to Japan, but think about it. If it's a disgrace to Japan, then why are there Japanese animators/writers working on the show? HA. Take that, haterz! Anyway, it's a pretty okay show. I would make a few changes though. My favorite character is Lily, because she's funny, even if she's kinda mean sometimes. Anyway, it's a good show, with a few weak spots sometimes. ^-^
  • okay show

the show is okay in many ways. i don't really enjoy the annoying little dust mite characters every 5 seconds but other than that the show is pretty comedic... is that a word? anywho i like how you see all these japanese characters and then you see this floppy american guy. ha ha. it's so funny. Gonard is funny with his random lines. "if only we had brought mayonnasie" nobody knows i watch and enjoy this show but i can't help that kappa mikey is mildly entertaining. after all, who can? ......... . ....... .... ..... ... ...... ..... ... .
  • the best anime wanna-be, you'll ever see!

7.6
    it's funny, it's annoying, it's gross, it's heart warming , it's.... kappa mikey! those things only make me turn back for more. the characters are easy to understand and the whole theme of this show is groundbreaking. people only hate it becuase they think it makes fun of anime. well, i think america made it so much better! i used to watch anime and i thought it was pretty dumb. (with a few execptions.) i love the show. ozu is funny, gonard will knock you out laughing, and the mikey/mitsuki moments will make you smile. mikey is just a big goofball. he thinks he's a great actor even though he can't get a non speaking role at a local YMCA. if it doesn't make you laugh at least once, your either just a big grump or a huge moron who dosn't understand good animation when they see it. hey, if you don't like it... why nag all the fans about it?
  • it's not bad.

7.9
    some say it's a disgrace to anime, but i think all animation is the same thing. i actually think it's pretty cool that they put together japanese and american style of animation. lol but this show has random humor and it's really funny. even some of the characters are both random and hilarious. but i'll be neutral about it. the show has almost exclusivley the same storyline. they start lily mu show it and always end up guano saying "CUT!", something happens, mikey screws up something, the problem solved, and ending with a lily mu clip. but the charcters personality is what keeps this show alive. mikey's recklessness and curiosity is humorous. gonard's stupiidity and his intrest for food always make me laugh. lily getting angry and torturing mikey will never get old. and also everyone picking on mitsuki. but i think mitsuki is a very sweet character. she may have an 80's hair do but, her personality shines out and makes her beautiful.

also i like ozu and yesman. they're nothing without each ther
  • Too many people think it tries to be anime. It's not.

First of all this show is not anime. In fact, it often makes fun of anime, referencing all the bizarre head size changes and visual effects that quite frankly annoy the heck out of me. So maybe that's why I like this show. The basic premise of the show is the off-screen lives of the stars of Japan's top anime, LilyMu. Each episode usually has two central themes dealing with two groups of characters, and generally there is somewhat of a lesson to be found at the end. Although I realize this is supposed to be a kids show, the lessons sometimes feel out of place and sort of forced. The strong points of the show make up for that though. The random humor is what really drives this show, although if those kinds of jokes are not your thing, you probably won't enjoy this much. At all. The show does use a little too much crude bathroom humor but again, that is to be expected from a kids show. The jokes are not all funny, though, and it is one of the more inconsistent shows I've seen in that regard. But when it's funny, it is hilarious (as long as you're prepared for the type of jokes you'll be seeing). For those expecting an anime series with a deep, involving plot or lots of character development, well...I'm sorry. None of that here. But for everyone else, it should provide at least a few laughs.
  • this show.. is very diffrent....

who thought of this show. it is very diffrent compared to the other shows. a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a lol
  • Mikey Simon wins a trip to japan, and gets to act in a TV show called "LILY-MU".

I like this show, it's funny and it's cool how they Are Drawn Different in the show. Guano is cool, and Mikey too. I dont like lily, she is mean to the other actors. It's a silly show with funny gags, the Computer Animation is done well too. Thanks for Reading My review. ^_^
  • This show has given me a reason to watch T.V. I've never seen anything like it, and that's one more reason why I love it. "Guano Guano!"

The producer, cast, and everyone else have done a brilliant job on this show. I love Cartoons, and Anime as well, so piling them together in an original fashion was an excellent idea. I'd miss almost anything just to see a re-run, it's that good. You can relate to many of the characters, and the often extreme scenarios make the show so much easier to watch. With such hilarious characters and well written storylines, you never know what will happen next, but it's sure to be enjoyable. Even if Anime or cartoons aren't your thing, I highly encourage you to check it out; I guarantee you won't be that disappointed.
< 1 2 3 4