Kath & Kim (Australia) Forums

Sunday 7:30 PM on Channel SevenBetween Seasons

The Official 'Holiday' Discussion Thread

michael_LB92

[1]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 24

This is the official Holiday Discussion Thread, where users can discuss the first episode of the 4th season.
    Each week I will be adding a thread for each episode a few days before it airs, and will put it at the top of the forum.

So... anyone else excited?
    There's been heaps of advertisement of it lately. I hear an ad on the radio nearly every morning, and there are ads onall the timeon Channel 7.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cha0808

[2]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 19
    michael_LB92 wrote:

This is the official Holiday Discussion Thread, where users can discuss the first episode of the 4th season.
    Each week I will be adding a thread for each episode a few days before it airs, and will put it at the top of the forum.

So... anyone else excited?
    There's been heaps of advertisement of it lately. I hear an ad on the radio nearly every morning, and there are ads onall the timeon Channel 7.

Very very excited but annoyed because i dont live in Australia so i dont know if i will be able to see it

KristarGirl

[3]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 8
    It's on tonight! I'm counting down the hours! (only 8 more hours)

michael_LB92

[4]Aug 18, 2007
    cha0808 wrote:
    Very very excited but annoyed because i dont live in Australia so i dont know if i will be able to see it

Gnaw. That sucks. If I knew how to upload episodes onto YouTube or something, I would!

asutho

[5]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 17
    YAY, im not working tonight, i thought i was, so i dont have to tape it ill watxh it when it aires.
    I have watched EVERY episode on the first airing.....YAYAYAY

michael_LB92

[6]Aug 19, 2007
    asutho wrote:
    I have watched EVERY episode on the first airing.....

Really? I didn't start watching 'til about mid-season two. It was always on in the background and then my sister started saying stuff off the show, so I watched it and found it hilarious!

michael_LB92

[7]Aug 19, 2007
    Haha. I loved it. Sharon's sunburn was hilarious, when the pool started bubbling and steaming once she jumped in it. It was digusting when Kim was peeling off Sharon's skin from her back at the end though. That was so gross! I'm curious as to whether Brett is still having his affair, though? I hope that gets explained later in the series...

asutho

[8]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 17
    I was kinda dissapointed, the Sharon-sunburn thing was really funny though

KristarGirl

[9]Aug 19, 2007
    That was a good episode. It was kind of slow to start off with but then it picked up. I loved the bit when Kim was trying on bathers at the shop and Sharon asks if they will be swimming with dolphins, then Kath says something like it's a bit out of season to be swimming with dolphins but we'll be swimming with a whale and then she looks at Kim. I was cracking up laughing

michael_LB92

[10]Aug 19, 2007
    KristarGirl wrote:
    That was a good episode. It was kind of slow to start off with but then it picked up. I loved the bit when Kim was trying on bathers at the shop and Sharon asks if they will be swimming with dolphins, then Kath says something like it's a bit out of season to be swimming with dolphins but we'll be swimming with a whale and then she looks at Kim. I was cracking up laughing

The scene with the bathers was easily the most hilarious of the episode. What about the bit where Kim says: "Oh, I look liek Kate Moss..." and then Kath says something like: "Oh, I think we can see a bit too much of your moss." Or something like that. I love that scene! Haha

cha0808

[11]Aug 19, 2007

michael_LB92 wrote:
    cha0808 wrote:
    Gnaw. That sucks. If I knew how to upload episodes onto YouTube or something, I would!

Thanks but tis ok. im downloading right now!

theprincess181

[12]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 14
    cha0808 wrote:

michael_LB92 wrote:
    cha0808 wrote:

I actually download a a lot of shows from the US, so it's only fair if you can too! What did you think of the show? Did you understand the Aussie humour? If you like that try and download 'The Wedge' - very funny Aussie skit show.

I really missed Kath and Kim. I'm so glad they're back. All my favoutite scenes are with Sharon. I loved how they made Sharon hide at the buffet so that they didn't have to pay for her food!

I'm looking forward to seeing the US version when it comes out.

KristarGirl

[13]Aug 20, 2007

michael_LB92 wrote:
    KristarGirl wrote:
    The scene with the bathers was easily the most hilarious of the episode. What about the bit where Kim says: "Oh, I look liek Kate Moss..." and then Kath says something like: "Oh, I think we can see a bit too much of your moss." Or something like that. I love that scene! Haha

That was funny too. I also liked the bit when they are on those jet skiis and Kel puts his arms around Brett, the look on his face was hilarious. And to top it off, when the jet skiis start Sharon falls off and you see everyone having a great time and Sharon is sitting in the water with a pout on her face Poor Sharon

The next episode looks like it's Epponie's first birthday. How cute.Did you notice that they used the theme music from Da Kath And Kim Code? I thought it was only for the tele-movie but it looks like that's the new theme music. They didn't have Epponie in the opening credits . Can't wait for the next episode!

michael_LB92

[14]Aug 20, 2007
    theprincess181 wrote:
    If you like that try and download 'The Wedge' - very funny Aussie skit show.

I really hated The Wedge. But I really liked Comedy Inc.

michael_LB92

[15]Aug 20, 2007
    KristarGirl wrote:
    That was funny too. I also liked the bit when they are on those jet skiis and Kel puts his arms around Brett, the look on his face was hilarious. And to top it off, when the jet skiis start Sharon falls off and you see everyone having a great time and Sharon is sitting in the water with a pout on her face Poor Sharon

The next episode looks like it's Epponie's first birthday. How cute.Did you notice that they used the theme music from Da Kath And Kim Code? I thought it was only for the tele-movie but it looks like that's the new theme music. They didn't have Epponie in the opening credits . Can't wait for the next episode!

I suppose because the baby who played Epponie grew up, they can't really use her anymore. Also, I loved the pout-faced Sharon bit!

cha0808

[16]Aug 20, 2007
    theprincess181 wrote:
    cha0808 wrote:

michael_LB92 wrote:
    cha0808 wrote:

I actually download a a lot of shows from the US, so it's only fair if you can too! What did you think of the show? Did you understand the Aussie humour? If you like that try and download 'The Wedge' - very funny Aussie skit show. I really missed Kath and Kim. I'm so glad they're back. All my favoutite scenes are with Sharon. I loved how they made Sharon hide at the buffet so that they didn't have to pay for her food! I'm looking forward to seeing the US version when it comes out.

I understand it completely! i have 1,2,3 on dvd, i bought them from australia! i loved the episode! i was in tears with the bikin part, and the line about kate moss " aw i look like kate moss" " actually you have a bit of kate moss sticking out"! or something like that, but still absolutely brilliant! ive waited so long for new episodes, so worth it!

mz2005

[17]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 6
    theprincess181 wrote:

Last I heard, the US version had been cancelled.

theprincess181

[18]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 14
    mz2005 wrote:
    theprincess181 wrote:

You're kidding! How disappointing! I think they would've loved Kath and Kim. The US version of 'Thank God You're Here' has taken off in the US. So surely K&K would've as well.

michael_LB92

[19]Aug 21, 2007
    theprincess181 wrote:
    mz2005 wrote:
    theprincess181 wrote:

You're kidding! How disappointing! I think they would've loved Kath and Kim. The US version of 'Thank God You're Here' has taken off in the US. So surely K&K would've as well.

I heard that they're not going forward with Kath & Kim, but they still might decide to make the American version. As for the American version of Thank God You're Here, it was cancelled.