Kath & Kim (Australia) Forums

Sunday 7:30 PM on Channel SevenBetween Seasons

The Official 'The Wedding of the Century' Discussion Thread

What would you rate this episode?

michael_LB92

[1]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 24

I thought Shane Warne was an awful actor in this episode.
    However, I loved that the show was basically taking the p!ss out of him for most of the time

Overall, a great episode. Kim with the rude finger driving was hilarious- especially in the go-karts
    It was terribly predictable that everyones dreams would come to an end by the end of the series, which is a little annoying, as I think it would've been cool if the show had progressed a bit more ... but it was still very good.

The $90,000 fee from all those DVD rentals is hilarious.
    How long had Kath said to Kim to take those DVDs back? I think ever since the start of this season (that's good continuity )

Anyway, how did everyone else feel about it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KristarGirl

[2]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 8

I thought it was great episode. Yeah, Shane wasn't very good in acting but it didn't matter too much. "I don't know how to text, I don't have a mobile" the irony of that made me laugh and then at the end with the reason as to why Sharon divorced him, "Wayne bought a mobile phone!"

Looks like Epponnee's going to be just like mummy. Kim in the dodge'em cars was hilarious with Kim texting and when someone bumped into her she put the finger up at them. It was also funny with theno bedroom apartmentand their arrangements to just sleep in the kitchen. Kim with those dvd's, she must've had them out for a heck of a long time to muster up a find of $90,000

I was surprised when Kel said he retired from his job as a butcher, sorry,pervaour of fine meats . And Brett got sacked from Computa City, but got another job (can't remember it now).

All in all a great season finale.

michael_LB92

[3]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 24
    KristarGirl wrote:
    I was surprised when Kel said he retired from his job as a butcher, sorry,pervaour of fine meats .

Yeah, I don't know if they explained Kel's retirement before this episode...

KristarGirl

[4]Oct 16, 2007
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    KristarGirl wrote:
    I was surprised when Kel said he retired from his job as a butcher, sorry,pervaour of fine meats .

Yeah, I don't know if they explained Kel's retirement before this episode...

I don't remember any mention, it just came out of the blue. And he isn't REALLY old enough to retire is he? He's only what, 51/52 max judging by how old Epponnee is. And after winning that award earlier in the season I wasn't expecting him to retire. Oh well

extremeamelia

[5]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 1
    On the episode of kels 50 th birthday party, he did mention retiring.

Celtwytch

[6]Jan 29, 2008
    KristarGirl wrote:

I was surprised when Kel said he retired from his job as a butcher, sorry,pervaour of fine meats . And Brett got sacked from Computa City, but got another job (can't remember it now).

All in all a great season finale.

Pardon a pedantic old wytch, but it's actually spelt purveyor.And I agree - the retirement was a bit sudden. Oh, and Brett got a job with Krispy Kreme (purveyors of fine donuts )