Kath & Kim Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Does it relate?

chameleonic1

[1]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 13

Sooo does the American version relate at all to American society?

The Australain version works because most people see an aspect of a Kath/Kim/etc in their friends or a family member...does it work the same for the Americanised version?

I just watched the pilot and I must say I didnt get one laugh out of it, not even a smirk...it was so lifeless and boring. It certainly didnt look or feel at all "American" compared to all the other US shows that are shown here. I also didnt see any chemistry between the actors and the dialogue was atrocious.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Llamaland

[2]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    I would like to know this too.
    I only saw the end but I really didn't get it.
    I was expecting something more like My Name is Earl in suburbia.

I felt it was terrible and I think it's going to be axed after a couple of episodes in Australia.

Plonked

[3]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 16
    I dont think this show relates to our Australian version at all. Our girls dont live in a big huge house, and arent slim and gorgeous. Their partners are no way near like our Kel and Brett

Belinda_k

[4]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    I didn't get one laugh out of it either. I just didn't get it and I really didn't like it at all.

Belinda

punka75

[5]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 12

Hello guys,

To answer your question, the answer is NO!

It's supposed to, and it tries to but it just doesn't work sadly.

This is very bland comedy compared to the Aussie version, I've just watched all the Aussie Kath & Kim & loved it. The US version has similarities, but many things are missing, different. The US version (so far....) has even deleted one of the main and funniest charactures Sharon, I don't no if she will appear later on though??

Although I love the leading ladys in the US show, I think i'm gonna pass on watching the rest cos it now gets annoying watching, knowing how much better it could be.

CHECK OUT AUSSIE 'KATH & KIM', not sure if Americans will get the Australian humour, but give it a go, it's a classic!!!