Keeping Up Appearances

BBC (ended 1995)

jbeauchamp17

Keeping Up Appearances Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• Keeping Up Appearances is always good for a laugh! Hyacinth is a crack up! I love how she always wants her name to be pronounced "Bouquet."

Keeping Up Appearances is definitely my favorite British sitcom of all time! Patricia Routledge is a riot as Hyacinth Bucket, a woman who pretended to be much more well off than she really was. She also claimed her last name should be pronounced Bouquet, because she thought that was more sophisticated. I always felt so sorry for her poor husband. Mr. Bucket had to endure all Hyacinth's funny quirks and eccentricities. He is such a kind and patient man! This show is one of my favorites to watch when I'm feeling blue because it always makes me laugh (and cheer up).
  • As much as I love this show and the characters, it suffers from 'Every Episode is Exactly the Same!' disorder.

Keeping Up Appearances is a lot of fun and it is very funny and as much as I love this show and the characters, it suffers from 'Every Episode is Exactly the Same!' disorder. The jokes are pretty much the same in every episode and while this is enjoyable in small doses, watching multiple episodes back-to-back exposes cracks in the show.

Oh well it is still great!

HYACINTH ROCKS!!!
  • Hilarious show!

I love this show! It's hilarious and has one of the best casts ever. Patricia Routledge is a very talented actress. This is one of the best shows I've ever seen. You have to check this one out, and remember to say "Bouquet" and not "Bucket". Watch this show and you'll be hooked.
1 2 >