TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Kekkaishi Forums

YTV (ended 2008)

This is thread for Adult Swim's Dub

Ranemoraken

[1]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 20

Well, Hello fello Kekkaishi fans. I've been letting my DVR get ahead for a little bit so that I could watch Kekkaishi and not get stuck on a cliffhanger. As it turns out, I've just finished catching up, so I thought I'd stop by.

But things are a little dry here it seems. No one is watching and posting on the show? Pfft. I only waited so long so that I wouldn't get spoiled on a weekly basis.

Of course, as soon as I come to the site, the page reveals the title of the last episode. Naturally, I suspected that the anime would end with that event - but it's still a bit annoying. I have not read this manga - and will likely not - as I might wait to see if a new anime is ever called out. I do think anime is my favorite way to watch this material.

Now that we've got a clear intelligent enemy, I'm curious to see how future conflicts will be held. This show has been fairly clever and unique in the use of barriers - so I'm optimistic. I'm suspicious that Yoshimori will eclipse Tokane - which I hope never happens as to keep their rivalry.

The dialogue is sometimes, almost clever. It has the knack at being fresh, yet somehow sounding like a lot of shows I've heard before.

I've also enjoyed the relative simplicity of Yoshi's life - and his brother is very compelling as a character. I would almost like for him to speak his mind LESS often, if that were possible.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bmoshier

[2]Dec 18, 2011
    • level: 47
    At the end of the anime (I don't know about the manga) Yoshimori clearly is more powerful and has increased his skills over Tokane, but I don't see any issue / problem with it. They still see each other as partners and would go to whatever extreme is necessary to protect and help each other.

I honestly hope, believe, and pray the 400 feud between the two families will end with these legitimate heirs. Even if Yoshimori doesn't seal Karasumori, I can see / hope the feud arch comes to an end with this generation. It would open up so many new avenues for both sides (good and evil).

Anyway, I'd love to see / know more about the Kekkaishi universe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.