Kidnapped

Pilot

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 20, 2006 on NBC

• Wonderfull start to a show!

The show started out realy realy strong, but as the show goes on, its getting ehh, but its only been 3 episodes. maybe episode 4 will get it back on target!!! so yeah, bascialy the concept of a rich family in danger is a good idea, but unoriginal. the show needs to find other reasons to watch it. especialy with all the other tv shows out their. watching kidnapped is a good was for me to end my wednesday nights, but i dont know if im going to continue it after the next few weeks. i just hope leo is alright.
  • Cinematic feel, edge-of-your seat experience, interesting characters, top-flight cast

I was truly impressed by the 'Kidnapped' pilot. It's one of the few new Fall shows that have lived up to their hype. Yes, the premise is similar to Fox's 'Vanished' but that's really where the comparison stops. The pilot was *well-written* - not too much exposition, just enough to get you hooked and wanting to find out more about the characters and what\'s going on and *well-executed* - near cinematic production values, plot that moved along at a good clip, solid acting...
    I can hardly wait for the next episode.
  • So far so good!

7.7
    So far and so good as I like the actors and writing better than I do on Vanished. Knapp is a person with deamons as well as Delroy Lindo's King is tough but yet sympathetic at the same time. Vanished focuses on political thriller while Kidnapper is more of about focusing on trying to get a kidnapped child home. But there is more than just finding the child. Maybe a conspiracy involved.
  • I thought it was a good start for the show.

I thought this episode was very good. I think it could have been better but I'll keep watching it. I liked Virgil and the way he was with Leopold and the younger sister. I hope he didn't die and will be back in other episodes, which I personally think he will. I can't wait to see what happens next. I think Jeremy Sisto's character is great, I think he's doing a great job. I think there are still lots of questions to be answered and I can't wait to find out. I'm guessing we'll find out soon what's going on with the sister Aubrey who's at school. My guess is that there is more to why Leopold was kidnapped than just the money and I can't wait to see what it is.
  • Has potential to be a great drama series

I was definitely pulled in last night. The rich family you want to slap. Love Jeremy Sisto now. Must see everything he has ever done. Did not like the way they protrayed the FBI though. Are they really going to take an entire season to get the son back home? I think they might need to rethink that decision. Maybe bring him back home in November and start on another kidnapping.
  • Wealthy connected Conrad Cain\'s son, Leopold is kidnapped. Enter Knapp...the man....the wealthy and priviledged hire to get them back.

I was pleasantly surprised by this pilot episode. I see some here are comparing it to Ransom and honestly I saw some resemblence to Denzel Washington\'s Man on Fire as well..however..I am treating this as a one hour serial drama..not a movie..so I was intrigued by the ensemble cast and the pilot did what it was supposed to..it made me want to tune in next week. I am a Jeremy Sisto fan as well as Dana Delaney(loved China Beach). I thought it was well acted and maybe it was similar to Ransom..but all kidnappings have to start somewhere and ofcourse a \"ransom\" is involved or else the show would be called \"Murder\" or \"Abduction\" so I am going to wait and see where this show carries me before I compare it to a 2 hour movie.
  • Nice start to a ransom copycat

It's amazing this show is almost identical to the movie starring Mel Gibson and the funny thing is Delroy Lindo is in both of them. Anyway this show started out with a quick pace that I liked alot quicker than Vanished which I like the only problem is no one watched it which can't be good.
  • Knapp steals the show.

This is the first show of the season where I've seen a charismatic character well-written and well-casted. He's written in a down-to-earth way with some good one-liners ("Now I have to find something nice to say about him", Lady: "you're not good with people, are you?" "No. But I'm good at finding them.") He does excude a man who knows he's good at what he does.

The episode was pretty fast-paced but did have its slowdown moments. It got into a bunch of mumbo jumbo at the subway where a guy delivers yet another letter. Somewhere an explosure occurs. I guess it was a setup. I get confused at this point on exactly where it's going. The mother gets a call that they killed her son. We know the son can't be killed or there'd be no reason to pursue the series. This looks like NBC's answer to "24".
  • To start a new show, about a 15 year old boy being kidnapped. I thought it was pretty good.

What I liked about the first episode was that it brought all the main characters in right away so you know who is and is not going to be important. The acting is really great, and the characters are good, and thats what draws you into the show. Like the bodyguard he seemed really cool, and I liked his character alot, and was glad that he did not die. Also, the Napp guy seems really cool and it seemes like his character is going to be changeing alot during the show,. and make it better to whatch. The idea of the show yes it has been done before, but then again everything has been done over and over again, and if a show can pull it together then do it, and I think this show can do it.
  • Remember Mel Gibson´s movie "Ransom\"!? Now, try to imagine a bad remake (I know it´s hard) and... abracadabra! Here´s "Kidnapped".

So...a kid is kidnapped (Will Denton). there´s a rich family, with all the secrets that rich family's always have ( Timothy Hutton and Dana Delany), an ex FBI agent working independent now as a specialist in kidnap's (Jeremy Sisto), a soon to be retired FBI "old school" agent (Delroy Lindo), a new top agent "Mr. know it all\" (Linus Roache)... and the bad guys. Always highly intelligent an very, very stupid.
    That´s it. that´s the show...
    An average movie cut in 13 pieces.
    The acting was far from great, the ensemble was the only thing that I really liked, they all work like a choir. A very out of tune choir!