Kidnapped

NBC (ended 2007)

Kidnapped Fan Reviews (34)

• Canceled WOW!

They should have done it like this, every two weeks a different person gets "Kidnapped" and go through the entire story.
  • I have had enough!

I started watching this show under the premise that Knapp would be the center of every episode. I really would have liked the producer to make each episode about Knapps unorthodox way of finding his victims. I was thoroughly disappointed when I realized this was all about one rich family. The pilot was a tease. The scene where he recovers and delivers the kidnapped victim and gets his pay. I felt duped into watching this show and compelled to finish it after already watching 3 episodes.
  • EXCELLENT Series- You know how u wish sometimes that a movie would keep going for hours? This was like one big long 13 hourish movie filled w/ suspense, mystery, and kick ass cast!!!!!!!

Why no more???? We need more of this show!! Me and my family love this show as well. The style of filming done here is awesome and not on your everyday show.........I can't believe they wouldn't have 9 or 10 more seasons of this show. Latimer could join Knapp and Turner. They did give up on on excellent show b4 it really even go started good. There are so many good directions to go w/ this I hope it will be reconsidered and air again. I tell the truth not a whole lot of tv these days is this intriguing and makes u Have to watch! LOL THis show did and I want it Back!!!
  • Entertaining one season arch mystery show

I decided to check out this show after I re-visited Jason Smilovic's movie Lucky Number Slevin. Smilovic is also the creator and main writer of Kidnapped, and he again proves he has a good grasp of the genre.

13 episodes, one kidnapping and a lot of rich people drama. Can it really be worth checking out? Yes. No doubt about it. Stretching a case over an entire season gives you a lot of wiggle room you don't have when you make episode based cases like most crime-shows. Kidnapped knows this, and it's the essence of the show.

Okay. Smilovic goes a little over board in some of the case aspects, but overall this is thrilling television, thoroughly thought through mystery and not your typical lead detective role.

The single season made consists of 13 episodes, and you'll get a complete story. I wish they had been renewed, but there's little to be done about that. All I can do is recommend this season made as a pleasant viewing experience.
  • Series is about kidnapping of the son from the rich family, the Cains.Cains need someone to find Leo (son),so they call exspert from retrieving kidnapped children, Mr.Knapp.Soon the word spread,including FBI and newspapers.Is it possible to find Leo?

Great show - good actors, nice plot and, what is most important, spectacular ending. I liked Knapp the most. I just love his words, that he's bad with people, but he's good in finding them. Action was great - every episode was with suspens and till to the end I wasn't sure, why Leo was kidnapped - so many possibilities and so many suspects... Turner was also funny - she mentioned that she's not with Knapp so many times, that I thought that she would wanted it :) What a shame that there is only one season. I want more!!!
  • Nice little series, makes for a great DVD package.

Kidnapped was saved by cancellation from becoming the next one-season wonder. As it is, it's a great DVD package to use for detox in between Lost episodes.

What was Prison Break lite from the get-go was taken to closure and done so in ways that make sense and are satisfying, with very little rush and a clear overall plan.

Acting is the highlight of the series. Every character is given stuff to do and every actor has the range to do it. Delroy Lindo is a blast, as always, and has more scenes, I mean real SCENES, than most leads in five season series. The rest of the cast keeps up nicely.

My one gripe, other than the obvious lack of money to finish the last few episodes, which shows in some of the action, but not in the acting, is the damn focus. If your people can't nail the focus, widen the depth. So much stuff is out of focus all the time I can't believe they didn't bring somebody in to fix it midseason. A few other student film solutions can also be found here and there, including a few digital zooms, reframings, that kind of stuff. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you won't notice.

Other than that, nice thriller. I don't really know why it wasn't a contender against the likes of a tired 24 or a frankly uninteresting Prison Break, but the fact that it was kept to a neat 13 episodes is not all bad.
  • Bring it back!!! They should come back with another season.Me and my family thought it was a really great show.

The way the movie ended was like they were going to make another season but they didn't.It was very upsetting when we found out that they took it off the air.Me and my family hope that it will come back.It was a very decent show.No naked people,not alot of cursing .All around awesome Show!!
    The cast was great and the plot of the show was always changing.You never knew what was going to happen next or who was involved.It had alot of twist and turns which made it one of the better TV shows out there.So WE want it BACK!!
    Awesome awesome SHOW!!!
  • Not bad

his was the best thing I've seen on TV in a long time. The casting, direction, music..... everything was excellent. It was too bad I had to watch the remaining episodes online at NBC.com, but we were all thankful we could at least see them. NBC made a huge mistake in cancelling this show. This was a show that we all looked forward to week after week. It was not just another Law & Order. Even though I love Law & Order, it is just so predictable. That's what made Kidnapped great....all of the twists and turns. We are all hoping it comes out on DVD. I'll buy it even though I've already seen it .... especially if they add back in episodes that were not shown! :)
  • awesome show

the most surprising thing about the show was the kidnapped victim himself.Leopold Cain is easily the most intriguing teenager ever put on televisions.he suffers quietly, never giving in, never panicking, always setting his brilliant mind to find the loopholes and minor mistake of his captors.it is tenacity and genius that keeps him alive as long as it does.the other fascinating thing about the show is the family dynamics.the Cain's are wealthly, intelligent, influential and quirky.there are as many skeletons in the closet as there are people who hate them, and believe me, there are far too many for comfort.this intense crime drama is the creme de la creme of network TV.when you consider the excellence in which this show is produced and written, you can become both thrilled and saddened.thrilled because a show like this is joining a select few other dramas in attempting to rid some of us of the mindless deluge of reality and junk TV.saddened because due to lazy marketing and unenthusiastic promotion on NBC's part, this outstanding show has apparently met with it's untimely end.hopefully it will be out on DVD soon.you really need to get it and watch.then you'll curse NBC as often as i do for cutting short the life of such an outstanding show.
  • This show was amazing, I was hooked when I caught an episode one night. I went to watch it one night and it was not on. I was worried that I would never see how it ended. Jeremy Sisto is an amazing actor how protrays Knapp really well.

This show was very interesting, I was hooked right away. I do not understand why it was cancelled. I went out the night that the DVD box set was released, and bought it. It only took me 3 days to watch all 13 episodes. I wish that they would bring the show back, many people believe that there is no where for it to go, but I believe there is a world of possibilities. There are many different ways for kidnaps to happen. The different characters have room to expand if there were more seasons, the only characters that I do not see a future for in this series is the Cain family. King could join Knapp in the fight to save people who are kidnapped. The depth that the story lines could be taken seem infinite. I guess all of the dedicated fans will have to live with is fanfiction.
  • A wealthy couples son has been Kidnapped and they bring in a retreval expert. He doesn't care about the ransom or the people responsible, he only cares about the getting the person back intact. The F.B.I get wind of the kidnaping and mayhem ensews.

7.8
    Now I wasn't going to watch this show as I thought that it would be just like 'Missing' and 'Without a Trace' you know what I mean. At the start of the show they get a case, they do a little detective work and by the time the hour is up the case is solved and there has also been a morality tale as well. But this show is different. One hour and forty-five minutes of how the seris is going to be, action, guns and violence. Just the things that appeal to me at the moment.

We start out the show finding out about the family and the kid who is kidnapped. Then we find out about Nap the retreval expert. He shoots three people in order to get back a girl who has been kidnapped. Then the kid is kidnapped and because his body guard is married to someone who know a guy in the F.B.I they find out about the kidnapping. I it sounds lke all of the other shows that we have seen but it is differnet as we will only be consentrating on this one family and not a bunch of cases.

It was pointed out to me that it is like other shows as Nap is a guy who is a 'Maverick working outside the law' which has been seen a lot but least he's cute and I enjoy watching him hit people.

I gave this show a 7.8/10 as I have only one episode has aired and I don't know if the seris is going to carry in on in the vain it is or if it is going to go down hill. I hope it doesn't but sometimes seris can start out good and hit rock bottom.
  • Great cast and acting, but it was a one Season wonder. I wouldn't watch it again in it's current format.

6.1
    This show tried to be like 24, continuing the plot week to week, but in truth, it was a long drawn out story with little drama or action. The cast and acting was great, but I think they could have done a lot more with it. What they did use, they could have given to us in a shorter time frame. KIdnapped might be better off as a 1 or 2 hour show similar to without a trace where they get the case and solve it without dragging on and leaving it up in the air for weeks.
  • bring it back

The series premise was to feature a new kidnapping each season, with a core continuing cast who investigated the kidnappings, and additional cast members who changed each season, consisting of the kidnappers and the people affected. The show told the story from the discrete points of view of the victim, the parents, the investigators, and the kidnappers.

The core cast included ex-FBI operative Knapp (Jeremy Sisto) offering privately contracted services to retrieve kidnapping victims, his technologically adept coordinator and assistant Turner (Carmen Ejogo) and FBI Agent Latimer King (Delroy Lindo).

The first season also starred Timothy Hutton and Dana Delany as an affluent New York couple whose teenage son (Will Denton) is abducted. Also specific to the first season were various characters involved in perpetrating the kidnapping, including Gutman (Mädchen Amick) and "The Accountant" (James Urbaniak), and current and former FBI agents played by Mykelti Williamson, Linus Roache, and Michael Mosley.
  • I am really disappointed that this show got cancelled!!!

I have been following the show online as well as on tv and I am very disappointed that this show was cancelled. I know it hard to turn into shows that is basically chapters but this show was good. It had me on the edge or my seat. I felt that this show had manny different layers when you thought one person was in charge of the kidnapping it turned out to be someone else. I hope that another show like it comes along or they bring it back. All I have to say is NBC is bring this show back!!!
  • NBC's attempt to match FOX's conspiracy show premise. With a slightly better presentation and an all star tv and movie cast the show had promise.

NBC's attempt to match FOX's conspiracy show premise. With a slightly better presentation and an all star tv and movie cast the show had promise. If you tuned in you saw the promise well acted and unlike the other show. The mystery was laid well in the beginning and took it's theory from secular motives. A simple case of revenge and money with the characters causing the mysterious going's on. With the hostage negotiator bringing baggage that would later plague the case. As well as Mykete Willimason's body gaurd proving more than a big scary face. The character and how they reacted to this crisis made the story. Sadly banished to the net after not even Saturday evening being good enough to satisfy ratings requirements. This show was a very nice hour each week and I was never disappointed by a viewing and once again I find myself hoping for a dvd.
  • This show is absolutely stunning to watch. The plot is so well thought out and complicated, it is amazing how it is thought up.

This show is the best show I have seen in a long time, but can be difficult to understand if you are a new veiwer. I would recomend everyone watch it, I love it. There is just so much to say, and i have but the words to say it.
  • I tried

5.8
    but Kidnapped does nothing for me. IT tries to be a lot of things, smart, provocative, gripping-and in the beginning it succeeded. But how long do the writers think the audience will hold onto this same plot without some kind of finality? For me, a whole season was too long.
  • Kinapped is the bomb...

KIDNAPPED is a great show.I have seen many drama like shows ut this is a very exciting show that makes you wanting for more.A good cast line up a great pitch on te story line what else you expect from a show.Great job keep up the good work.I have seen some show in recent time,some is just a waste of time.Kidnapped episode 6 promises to be good now Knapp and co can work or plan things ahead of the kidnappers we hope!!They should not cancel this show as rumours is said to be.I can name so many shows that don\'t stand a chance with this show.All i hope is that this show continues to keep me on my feet trying to solve the mysteries surounding this kidnaping.
  • I really like this show.The cast is great, especially Jeremy Sisto and Timothy Hutton.

Hay - NBC didn't completely screw us - they're continuing the episodes, but you have to watch them online at http://www.nbc.com/Kidnapped/
    Click on the link that says watch episodes online (it's in the middle of the page).

The new episode from this week is already there and next weeks episode will be posted online on Friday, Nov. 10.

Maybe there is some hope it will end up back on TV if enough people access and watch from the site.
  • Love It!

Kidnapped! Wow, man I loved it. After Smallville, it's one of my favorite shows, tied for second with: Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, and Supernatural. Kidnapped is a great suspense story about a teenage boy being kidnapped and his family dealing with his abduction. Desprate to find their son, and trying to obey his captors orders not to call the police, the parents hire an expert on finding kidnap victems. His crede is that if the victem dies, he doesn't get paid. Finding the person is key to him, he doesn't care about arresting the kidnappers or getting back ransom money. Throughout the story line, it flashes constantly to the familys search for their son, the FBI (who ended up becoming involved despite the familys warryness)'s search, Knapp (the expert)'s search and Leopold (the kidnap victem)'s drastic attempts to escape. This show is interesting and amazing. Everyone should watch it!
  • Don't let Kidnapped Die!!

Ok! So, if everyone starts writing NBC to tell them how much they love the show Kidnapped, maybe they'll keep it on the air. I've got my friends writing e-mails and I send nbc several emails a day in hopes it'll get the show back on the schedule. The e-mail to write to is: nbcshows@nbc.com
    Please write to them and tell them why you loved Kidnapped! There's been a rumor that they delete angery e-mails, so please keep it civil and give examples from the episodes that you like. KEEP KIDNAPPED ALIVE!!
  • Kidnapped - Best Show on TV!

Personal favorite, but also the only program I\'m watching on TV. I feel like I\'m watching a movie and each episode continues to deliver an excellent story and brilliant performances. I don\'t think I\'ve ever watched a TV program that had me so anxious, and I love that I\'m still completely in the dark about the mastermind behind the kidnapping. I\'ve become a new fan of Jeremy Sisto and Dana Delany. Delroy Lindo and Timothy Hutton are simply the best in my opinion, and I know that Will Denton will be a huge star - everytime he has a scene, he has my total attention.
  • NBC giving up on a would be great series before it ever got started.

I am disappointed to hear that Kidnapped will be axed. I didn\'t think I would like this show according to the previews. Idecided to watch it on the night that it premiered and was hooked! Jeremy Sisco hasn\'t been one of my favorite actors but I found him to be very intriguing. The show to me is different from my normal shows such as CSI and Without A Trace. I liked the way it opened..got you hooked and continued episode by episode. It doesn\'t wrap everything up in just one episode..the story was growing! I was very disappointed last Wednesday when I couldn\'t find it on! I think NBC will be making a BIG mistake axeing this original series! NBC doesn\'t have any other show that I will watch once Kidnapped leaves the air! I can only hope that CBS will be smart enough to pick up this series and show NBC that if they would have stuck it out this series would be Great! Just a disappointed fans opinion
  • Yet another disappointing show for NBC, This seriously is no surprise, it was a destined failure!!

I honestly didn\'t believe this show was going to survive, I knew from the start it was going to be over by midseason or even by the end of the season. I mean how can you get involved in a show that you know is going to be cancelled. I never watched the show, but it was only obvious it was going to be cancelled, it would have been better as a mini series or even a t.v. movie. I really don\'t know what NBC was thinking. NBC is just bringing out anything to compete with CBS and ABC. Hopefully, next season NBC can get out of it\'s rut.
  • An impressive drama, although seemingly destined for only one season.

When I first saw previews of this show on NBC, I thought it to be overly-hyped and melodramatic. However, after watching the premier, I have to say I was hooked. I can’t say I’m surprised by its being limited to one season, because it seemed only logical that it could last that long. No one would believe a multi-season plot line of a single kidnapping, no matter how many perspectives you film it from. And where do you go from once the boy’s been rescued? In fact, a star-packed, single season drama would allow you to do things that shows which have to perpetuate themselves cannot do. It allows for a bigger budget and higher production values, as well as a more cinematic feel. I am however sorry to see that its one season will be cut in half: only 13 episodes instead of the usual 22-26. At least NBC had the decency to allow the show to wrap up its plot line. It’s also nice to see for a change that they will continue showing it regularly, albeit on a different and less competitive night, and not in multi-episode bunches or sporadically on different nights until no one watches it at all. If the networks can’t see a hit when they’ve got one anymore, they would do well to follow NBC’s example and treat their canceled shows with respect and by giving their audiences some closure.
  • Definetly a new favorite...

Firstly, ignor my horrible spelling.

It is not my favorite new show this season, but it is definetly one of them! This years fall scheudal is full of fun, new, exciting shows. I am happy i gave this one a chance becuase i like it and cant wait for the next episode. I have to admit i was confused during the first episode, truth, i dont evn know why!
    Is the whole series going to be about this one boy, or is it going to change?
    That is my confusion...
    I hope the show keeps going at this pace or even faster. It cant slow down though. THen it might loose some audience...
  • What's the name of that Denzel Washington movie....

... where he was Dakota Fanning's bodyguard? Mark Anthony played her dad. And it turned out in the end that the father had her kidnapped so he could get the money to pay back some kind of debt. Yeah, this sow reminds me a lot of that movie. I'm not saying I don't like it, because I actually do, but it's pretty unorignal. Also, that new show Vanished on Fox is similar to this. I know it sounds like I'm bashing the hsow, but I actually like it and my tivo has a season pass to record it for me every week!!!
  • Kidnapped, a great new show.

A new T.V show that just begin last week (September 20th) on NBC. It\' on every Wednesday. It’ about a rich kid who got kidnapped. The cop (lead by actor Delroy Lindo) and a personal detective (actor Jeremy Sisto) hired by the family try to find him. Jeremy Sisto is really great in his role. Without him the show woul’d had been worth watching. But the other actor play there role very well. I really hope this show will go on, because now i’m in this show and really looking forward to see the other episod and hopefully many season
  • jeremy sisto makes this show

i am absolutely in love with this show. jeremy sisto is amazing in it along with timothy hutton and dana dalaney. im so excited to see where it goes but i have a feeling that nbc will cancel it before the season runs out. im lookin forward to seeing who the bad guy is and what they have in store for next season!
  • Kidnapped is fast but not furious.

Kidnapped is fast, so you don't get bored watching it.But it is not 'furious' and exciting enough yet! The cast is great with Tim Hutton and Jeremy Sissssto! But the story about a kidnap is not extraordinary new here. Also the interferrence of the FBI is standard, they always spoil it for the lone kidnap expert. Who now loses valuable time in finding this kid. And the tracing of phonecalls never works out, i have already seen that so many times. I think the kids is in Mexico or something, and the spanish talking help around the house, her husband is in it maybe. We will see next time? ;-)
< 1 2