Kidsongs

PBS (ended 2001)

Kidsongs Fan Reviews (2)

7.7
  • A fantastic show from when I was a preschooler.

I remember watching the "Kidsongs" TV show on PBS back in the '90s along with two other classic kids' shows, "Sesame Street" and "Barney& Friends". It's songs had that bubblegum pop music beat that's still popular with kids today, and is truly ahead of its time. Don't worry, this was before teenybopper trash like Hannah Montana and Shake It Up were spewed out by greedy TV executives just so they can make a quick buck, and it's actually fun, fresh, and the songs were catchy.

The show is based on a VHS series of music video compilations created by the now-defunct Together Again Productions, and focuses on a group of kids who get permission from a local television station to set up their own TV show. I can't really say anything else about the plot, because I haven't seen any episodes of Kidsongs for a long LONG time. Overall, "Kidsongs" was the definition of being a preschooler watching PBS in the 90s along with "Sesame Street" and "Barney & Friends".
  • childhood classic

5.9
    when i was a little girl i absolutely loved this show! it was what first introduced me to the world of music, which i now simply adore. i even had the doll of ruby, the little pink creature. my favorite episode was the country one in which a girl sang "achy breaky heart". i recently saw an episode on video and it seemed quite ridiculous and childish, but i have great memories of watching this.