Killer Instinct

Five Easy Pieces

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 30, 2005 on FOX

• A great second episode.

I thought this was a great second episode for the series. The like the way relationships between Hale and his new partner and Hale and his his boss are developing.

I thought the case was new and original. It didn\'t resort to the stereotypical mostives that most programmes use. You could feel sorry for the killer. The real identity of the killer was a surprise for me. This episode also revealed a bit of a mystery about Hale - his 'family stuff' about serial killers. That's something I'd definitely like to find out.

The one thing I didn't like was how abruptly Lyford left the show. One episode she was there and the next she wasn't. They showed her doing stuff in the last episode that made you wonder what that was all about and then she was gone and it was a bit on an anti-climax. It seemed a bit rushed the way they did it. That was the only bad point.
  • And I was being kind with the score...

What started with a very good pilot is now heading downhill – fast!
    This episode was predictable from the first victim, and it was painful to watch our two detectives, the uncharacteristic rookie and the mucho I'll-do-it-myself cop with an annoying smirk, jump into false conclusions and investigate leads that lead nowhere. There was again that one scene between detective Hale and his boss that had a forced-looking shooting angle to it, as though the director didn't really know where they should stand while conversing; I wouldn't really pay attention to it, but the repetition from last episode is irritating. Even the so-called smart remarks in the end weren't the least bit smart!
    They better get their acts back together, or they will soon lose whichever crowd watching this show in hopes for CSI material and level.