Killer Instinct

FOX (ended 2005)

Killer Instinct Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• i wait to see this show every week.

i love the on screen chemistry between the hale and carter. i hope they get involved. it would be very cool! but hale has some issues he needs to deal with. i wonder if carter has any deep dark secrets that will come out in this season??? maybe they could even hook up this season! that would be awesome!
  • I hope this show gets a full season order, cause I like this show.

THis is the best crime show ever, like CSI and Law and Order. I hope this show gets a full season order and gets promoted. I like this new show. This show is a good show like the previously cancelled series "The Inside". Don't cancel this freshman drama just yet!
  • This show is basically about 'deviant' crimes that occur in the foggy city by the bay, San Francisco.

I suppose if anyone who watches this show actually lives in the city, they would know the little tidbits the show messes up on. Such as street names, areas, they also don't realize that locals will be able to tell the different areas that are being filmed, but are still in the same scenes.
  • Creepy show about very disturbed individuals.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen every Killer Instinct episode but the ones I have seen have been very entertaining.
    The show is about Det. Jack Hale (Johnny Messner) who heads the San Francisco Police Department's Deviant Crime Unit which investigates bizarre and deviant crimes. His boss is Lieutenant Matt Cavanaugh (Chi McBride) and his partner is Det. Danielle Carter (Kristin Lehman).
    Hale is intense and tormented by his past. His last partner, whom he had had a personal relationship with, was killed in the line of duty. Hale is still watched closely by the DA. In the first episode, he is partnered with a spy from the DA to make sure he is okay. Overall, I like Hale. He's moody and mysterious and it will be interesting to see how he deals with his inner demons throughout the season.
    I am not as sold on Det. Carter. She just isn't as interesting to me but she is tolerable. Hopefully we will learn more about her in future episodes.
    The great thing about this show is the twists and turns each episode takes. For instance, in the pilot, the killer uses spiders to paralyze his victims. In "13 Going on 30," a little girl baits sexual predators and kills them. At the end we find out that the little girls isn't little. She's actually 30 and she was sexually abused by her father. That episode was probably my favorite because it had so many suprises.
    Killer Instinct is on FOX on Fridays at 9:00. Not the best time but you can always tape it watch it over the weekend. (That's what I do!)
  • I look forward to the next show every week.

This is one of the more interest and entertaining shows of the new season. This show is taking a look at the most deranged crimes and people. I will bet that many people will feel this show is too dark and depressing, but it is real.

I like the cast and I like the way they interact with each other. I think that Johnny Messener is wonderful and very suited for this role. He plays a great tough guy, but lets his compassion out to play as well.

This show is well worth the time and staying home on Friday night.
  • This may be another cop show but i think it has something to add to the genre...

There are hords of crime shows out a the moment, however i feel this is one that adds that little more. The story lines are well thought out adn get you guessing and really involved and when you combine this with the camera work(which in my humble opinion is superbe) and the eary feel the show has as a whole, you get a cop show that will keep you entertained and enthused the whole way through, a must see for fans of shows such as The Shield.

Of course its never going to be ground breaking but its entertaining, whilst adding aspects missing in other shows.
  • Great!!

I didnt start watching Killer Instinct untill last week. Usually I watch Threshold but It wasnt keeping my attention anymore. So, I turn the channel and begin to watch this. OMG This show is awesome!! I hope FOX gives it a chance before axing it. Right now its not getting alot of viewers, and we all know FOX. As soon as they see a slight decine in ratings they cancel a great show.
  • Sleepwalking with serial killers.

5.5
    Just how many serial killers are out there? Given the number of shows on TV, most of the population spends their spare time thinking of really elaborate ways to kill people.

Killer Instinct tries to separate itself from the overkill of crime/serial murder shows by picking the wierdest and hoping it pays off. It doesn't.

What you have here is a by-the-numbers crime show. Maverick, on the edge cop with a dark history, attractive potential love interest partner, overbearing and gruff boss who is really a nice guy, random wierdo of the week ...

The acting is competent, the production values are fine but it's all been done before. Over and over again. This is just sleepwalking through the genre. Criminal Minds may be competing in the same turf this season but at least it's throwing in some interesting story structure and visual cues.

And to make it worse the cops don't seem to have seen any of those other shows. Otherwise I wouldn't have been yelling at the screen to check out the donor records in the second episode 10 minutes before they figured it out.

Another dead duck for Fox. Bound and gagged and dumped in the archives.

They should have saved their money and kept The Inside.
  • I like the show so far,but as the father of 2 girls, I dont like seeing young women always being the victims.A happy ending for me is seeing the bad guys shot dead at the end of the episode.:)

The most recent episode-13 going on 30 was a real twist.Apparently there's no shortage of wierd criminals in San Francisco,but their trail of evidence guarantees that they will have their ass in jail by the time the hour is up.Forget my social life,you know where I'll be at 9 o'clock on friday night
  • have found this to be one of the top new show of this season.it puts a differt twist to the cop gendre. i'm looking forward to the next episode.this should turn out to be a good partnership.

Glad to see this new show,am looking forwar to becoming a big fan.This seems to have anew twist which is very interesting.I really enjoyed this first episode and the actors are really good.This looks to one of the goodys this season.Of course there seems to be alot of competition there.
  • I love this show!

I love this show- it has great chemistry with Johnny Messner and Kristin Lehman, it's really graphic and gruesome so far, and I love that- although a CSI guy created it, it's not that much like CSI, it's more of an emphasis on the crime so far. Plus, it has Johnny Messner, you can't beat that.
  • Same crime detective formula with unbelievable killing methods.

7.8
    The pilot of this show didn't impress me much. The spiders were an interesting twist, but not very believable. I mean, how long do you think it would take for the spiders to go from the front door to the bed and would they even go to the bed? Wouldn't they just want to funnel up somewhere?

Anyhow, spider control aside, I am afraid that this show will be the same old formula with un-plausible killing methods. Same directing and writing style as a lot of the current crime detective shows on TV. But who knows, maybe episode 2 will really impress me.

Big Brent
  • Not really a new concept, but not bad

This show is a formula show... It's a lot like Profiler and Law & Order SVU. This show is about a cop who handles deviant criminals. Welcome to Silence of the Lambs the Series. Not new, but not bad. It seems to have a good cast and a good producer. The first episode wasn't bad. Hopefully it will build up to a better show over the next few episodes as the characters emerge, grow and get fleshed out.
    I'm a big fan of the cop drama formula. It's always good to get tips on how to commit crimes and get away with them.
  • Looking forward to it.

This seems like it will be a very interesting and intense new show. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. It has a really great cast including my personal favorite "Johnny Messner" who plays
    "Detective Jack Hale" Johnny Messner is absolutely hot hot hot and very down to earth. I saw him get a tattoo on Miami Ink and he is such a real person. And I love his tattoos...all are 100% real. I wasn't sure if his tattoos were real when I saw Johnny Messner on "Anacondas the Hunt for the blood orchid" But when he walked into Miami Ink tattoo shop and got ready for his tattoo from his buddy and my favorite"Ami James" I saw the tatts. He was getting a new tattoo, it was a really cool one that his brother designed for him. So I am really looking forward to seeing this new show this fall.
  • This new crime drama was created by one of CSI's most experienced writers and details the adventurres of an elite group of San Francisco Investigators deticated to hunting down the San Fran's most deviant criminals.

This show looks AMAZING! I\'ve never been much of a TV watcher on Friday nights, but I probably will stay home to catch this show. It\'s so cool that one of CSI\'s top producers has created his own program. If the promos are any indication (those spiders are so creepy), I really think that FOX has a winner here. Plus, Chi McBride has always been one of my favorite actors. He was so good in Boston Public. I don\'t know much about the other actors, but like CSI, I hope this show will be more about the crimes than character development. I can\'t wait!
  • The promo hooked me.........the sexy woman and the scary spiders and the executive producer of CSI.....this looks like a winner!

After watching the Promo I\'m so excited to see this show. The scene with the spiders was both sexy and frightening. I\'ve never found anything worth watching at 9pm on Friday night, now I finally have a reason to turn on the set. How can a show that is created by the executive producer of CSI (my all time favorite show on TV) be anything but compelling? I just wonder in what direction it will go. How exciting for this writer to be able to take it to the next level. Fox may turn out to be my new favorite station. Can\'t wait to Sept. 23
  • I'm so excited to see this amazing show!

The producer of CSI! The city of San Francisco! The amazing cast! How can you go wrong here? This show will be amazing! I bet it'll be FOX's biggest hit and have a huge following. Get on board now.
    The previews make it look so cool and scary. What better way to spend your Friday nights, right?
  • Promotion looks great!

Looking forward to this one, especially with nothing else to watch on Fridays. Good cast, love the spides in the promotion. Chi McBride and Johnny Messner should be fun. Roller coast commercial makes it look like a thriller and there aren't many thrillers on TV. It sure won't be boring. Love San Fransisco as the location as well. Can't wait.
  • FOX: Lessons in Mismanagement

7.2
    'Killer Instinct.' From the FOX publicity photo, I had two immediate questions: 1) Hey, isn't that the big guy I loved to hate from 'House'; 2) Hey, haven't I seen this before? The answers: 1) Yes, it's Chi McBride, better known as Vogler, Dr. House's nemesis; 2) Yes, you have. See also: well, pretty much every crime drama without a 'Law & Order' or 'CSI:' prefix since 1985...
    Let's look at FOX's description: "KILLER INSTINCT details the chilling stories behind the bizarre and deviant crimes committed by San Francisco’s most aberrant criminals – and the detectives whose job it is to stop them."
    Replace "San Francisco" with "Seattle," and this becomes 'Millenium.' Sub in "the United States," and you get 'Profiler.' They should have already wrapped shooting on many of the episodes in order to be ready for a Fall launch, but as of now, no one knows who the female lead will be! That's really inconceivable at a point this late in the game, and it underscores what an amateurish effort this show will inevitably be.

What really boggles my mind is that FOX already had a killer (pardon the pun) profiling/procedural show in 'The Inside', which they (of course) cancelled. 'The Inside' exuded a style which no other procedural show had, a Michael Mann-meets-Se7en moodiness that will doubtlessly contrast with 'Killer Instinct's sure-to-be-bland vision. Josh Berman may have written for CSI, but is he a television god who wrote and directed the best episodes of “Angel” series creator Joss Whedon didn’t write and direct, plus co-produced the brilliant 'Firefly'? Well, obviously, no. Tim Minear is/did, and he ran 'The Inside'. 'The Inside' almost switched titles during production to 'The Southland' before FOX nixed the idea; FOX apparently had no qualms with title-hopping here, though: 'Killer Instinct' was once called 'Deviant Behavior' before a brief stop as 'The Gate'. Any show that changes titles that often has to have something wrong with it... And who exactly is Johnny Messner? While The Inside's lead was another unknown in Rachel Nichols, she was backed up by terrific character actors like Peter Coyote (maybe the best character actor ever!), Adam Baldwin (maybe the second-best character actor ever!), and Jay Harrington, who I swore was destined for stardom after his 'Inside' role. Believe me, a bit player from 'Life As We Know It' and a guy whose most recognizable gig was a 5-episode stint on 'House, M.D.' just don't stand up well next to 'The Inside's wealth of actors.

All signs point to this show being a complete non-starter. It will be on Fridays, where 'Millenium' was left to die, on FOX, where every non-reality drama not named 'House' or '24' is axed within 10 episodes. It's re-hashing a concept that its own network couldn't win with just months earlier, and it's clearly inferior to that failed show. I can't understand why FOX didn't save 'The Inside' for this time slot while giving 'whatever the hell this show is calling itself this week' a quick boot.
  • This show doesnt air until later this fall. I can't wait to watch it. I think it will be a really good show.

The show doesnt air to later this fall. It will be cutting edge and has a really great cast, a great director and a company who gives every show a chance so it will do well on fox. The show will provide an action thrill ride for those of us who don't get out on Friday nights.
1 2 >