Killer Instinct

FOX (ended 2005)

Killer Instinct Fan Reviews (50)

• This show doesnt air until later this fall. I can't wait to watch it. I think it will be a really good show.

The show doesnt air to later this fall. It will be cutting edge and has a really great cast, a great director and a company who gives every show a chance so it will do well on fox. The show will provide an action thrill ride for those of us who don't get out on Friday nights.
  • FOX: Lessons in Mismanagement

7.2
    'Killer Instinct.' From the FOX publicity photo, I had two immediate questions: 1) Hey, isn't that the big guy I loved to hate from 'House'; 2) Hey, haven't I seen this before? The answers: 1) Yes, it's Chi McBride, better known as Vogler, Dr. House's nemesis; 2) Yes, you have. See also: well, pretty much every crime drama without a 'Law & Order' or 'CSI:' prefix since 1985...
    Let's look at FOX's description: "KILLER INSTINCT details the chilling stories behind the bizarre and deviant crimes committed by San Francisco’s most aberrant criminals – and the detectives whose job it is to stop them."
    Replace "San Francisco" with "Seattle," and this becomes 'Millenium.' Sub in "the United States," and you get 'Profiler.' They should have already wrapped shooting on many of the episodes in order to be ready for a Fall launch, but as of now, no one knows who the female lead will be! That's really inconceivable at a point this late in the game, and it underscores what an amateurish effort this show will inevitably be.

What really boggles my mind is that FOX already had a killer (pardon the pun) profiling/procedural show in 'The Inside', which they (of course) cancelled. 'The Inside' exuded a style which no other procedural show had, a Michael Mann-meets-Se7en moodiness that will doubtlessly contrast with 'Killer Instinct's sure-to-be-bland vision. Josh Berman may have written for CSI, but is he a television god who wrote and directed the best episodes of “Angel” series creator Joss Whedon didn’t write and direct, plus co-produced the brilliant 'Firefly'? Well, obviously, no. Tim Minear is/did, and he ran 'The Inside'. 'The Inside' almost switched titles during production to 'The Southland' before FOX nixed the idea; FOX apparently had no qualms with title-hopping here, though: 'Killer Instinct' was once called 'Deviant Behavior' before a brief stop as 'The Gate'. Any show that changes titles that often has to have something wrong with it... And who exactly is Johnny Messner? While The Inside's lead was another unknown in Rachel Nichols, she was backed up by terrific character actors like Peter Coyote (maybe the best character actor ever!), Adam Baldwin (maybe the second-best character actor ever!), and Jay Harrington, who I swore was destined for stardom after his 'Inside' role. Believe me, a bit player from 'Life As We Know It' and a guy whose most recognizable gig was a 5-episode stint on 'House, M.D.' just don't stand up well next to 'The Inside's wealth of actors.

All signs point to this show being a complete non-starter. It will be on Fridays, where 'Millenium' was left to die, on FOX, where every non-reality drama not named 'House' or '24' is axed within 10 episodes. It's re-hashing a concept that its own network couldn't win with just months earlier, and it's clearly inferior to that failed show. I can't understand why FOX didn't save 'The Inside' for this time slot while giving 'whatever the hell this show is calling itself this week' a quick boot.
  • Promotion looks great!

Looking forward to this one, especially with nothing else to watch on Fridays. Good cast, love the spides in the promotion. Chi McBride and Johnny Messner should be fun. Roller coast commercial makes it look like a thriller and there aren't many thrillers on TV. It sure won't be boring. Love San Fransisco as the location as well. Can't wait.
  • I'm so excited to see this amazing show!

The producer of CSI! The city of San Francisco! The amazing cast! How can you go wrong here? This show will be amazing! I bet it'll be FOX's biggest hit and have a huge following. Get on board now.
    The previews make it look so cool and scary. What better way to spend your Friday nights, right?
  • The promo hooked me.........the sexy woman and the scary spiders and the executive producer of CSI.....this looks like a winner!

After watching the Promo I\'m so excited to see this show. The scene with the spiders was both sexy and frightening. I\'ve never found anything worth watching at 9pm on Friday night, now I finally have a reason to turn on the set. How can a show that is created by the executive producer of CSI (my all time favorite show on TV) be anything but compelling? I just wonder in what direction it will go. How exciting for this writer to be able to take it to the next level. Fox may turn out to be my new favorite station. Can\'t wait to Sept. 23
  • This new crime drama was created by one of CSI's most experienced writers and details the adventurres of an elite group of San Francisco Investigators deticated to hunting down the San Fran's most deviant criminals.

This show looks AMAZING! I\'ve never been much of a TV watcher on Friday nights, but I probably will stay home to catch this show. It\'s so cool that one of CSI\'s top producers has created his own program. If the promos are any indication (those spiders are so creepy), I really think that FOX has a winner here. Plus, Chi McBride has always been one of my favorite actors. He was so good in Boston Public. I don\'t know much about the other actors, but like CSI, I hope this show will be more about the crimes than character development. I can\'t wait!
  • Looking forward to it.

This seems like it will be a very interesting and intense new show. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. It has a really great cast including my personal favorite "Johnny Messner" who plays
    "Detective Jack Hale" Johnny Messner is absolutely hot hot hot and very down to earth. I saw him get a tattoo on Miami Ink and he is such a real person. And I love his tattoos...all are 100% real. I wasn't sure if his tattoos were real when I saw Johnny Messner on "Anacondas the Hunt for the blood orchid" But when he walked into Miami Ink tattoo shop and got ready for his tattoo from his buddy and my favorite"Ami James" I saw the tatts. He was getting a new tattoo, it was a really cool one that his brother designed for him. So I am really looking forward to seeing this new show this fall.
  • Not really a new concept, but not bad

This show is a formula show... It's a lot like Profiler and Law & Order SVU. This show is about a cop who handles deviant criminals. Welcome to Silence of the Lambs the Series. Not new, but not bad. It seems to have a good cast and a good producer. The first episode wasn't bad. Hopefully it will build up to a better show over the next few episodes as the characters emerge, grow and get fleshed out.
    I'm a big fan of the cop drama formula. It's always good to get tips on how to commit crimes and get away with them.
  • Same crime detective formula with unbelievable killing methods.

7.8
    The pilot of this show didn't impress me much. The spiders were an interesting twist, but not very believable. I mean, how long do you think it would take for the spiders to go from the front door to the bed and would they even go to the bed? Wouldn't they just want to funnel up somewhere?

Anyhow, spider control aside, I am afraid that this show will be the same old formula with un-plausible killing methods. Same directing and writing style as a lot of the current crime detective shows on TV. But who knows, maybe episode 2 will really impress me.

Big Brent
  • I love this show!

I love this show- it has great chemistry with Johnny Messner and Kristin Lehman, it's really graphic and gruesome so far, and I love that- although a CSI guy created it, it's not that much like CSI, it's more of an emphasis on the crime so far. Plus, it has Johnny Messner, you can't beat that.
  • have found this to be one of the top new show of this season.it puts a differt twist to the cop gendre. i'm looking forward to the next episode.this should turn out to be a good partnership.

Glad to see this new show,am looking forwar to becoming a big fan.This seems to have anew twist which is very interesting.I really enjoyed this first episode and the actors are really good.This looks to one of the goodys this season.Of course there seems to be alot of competition there.
  • I like the show so far,but as the father of 2 girls, I dont like seeing young women always being the victims.A happy ending for me is seeing the bad guys shot dead at the end of the episode.:)

The most recent episode-13 going on 30 was a real twist.Apparently there's no shortage of wierd criminals in San Francisco,but their trail of evidence guarantees that they will have their ass in jail by the time the hour is up.Forget my social life,you know where I'll be at 9 o'clock on friday night
  • Sleepwalking with serial killers.

5.5
    Just how many serial killers are out there? Given the number of shows on TV, most of the population spends their spare time thinking of really elaborate ways to kill people.

Killer Instinct tries to separate itself from the overkill of crime/serial murder shows by picking the wierdest and hoping it pays off. It doesn't.

What you have here is a by-the-numbers crime show. Maverick, on the edge cop with a dark history, attractive potential love interest partner, overbearing and gruff boss who is really a nice guy, random wierdo of the week ...

The acting is competent, the production values are fine but it's all been done before. Over and over again. This is just sleepwalking through the genre. Criminal Minds may be competing in the same turf this season but at least it's throwing in some interesting story structure and visual cues.

And to make it worse the cops don't seem to have seen any of those other shows. Otherwise I wouldn't have been yelling at the screen to check out the donor records in the second episode 10 minutes before they figured it out.

Another dead duck for Fox. Bound and gagged and dumped in the archives.

They should have saved their money and kept The Inside.
  • Great!!

I didnt start watching Killer Instinct untill last week. Usually I watch Threshold but It wasnt keeping my attention anymore. So, I turn the channel and begin to watch this. OMG This show is awesome!! I hope FOX gives it a chance before axing it. Right now its not getting alot of viewers, and we all know FOX. As soon as they see a slight decine in ratings they cancel a great show.
  • This may be another cop show but i think it has something to add to the genre...

There are hords of crime shows out a the moment, however i feel this is one that adds that little more. The story lines are well thought out adn get you guessing and really involved and when you combine this with the camera work(which in my humble opinion is superbe) and the eary feel the show has as a whole, you get a cop show that will keep you entertained and enthused the whole way through, a must see for fans of shows such as The Shield.

Of course its never going to be ground breaking but its entertaining, whilst adding aspects missing in other shows.
  • I look forward to the next show every week.

This is one of the more interest and entertaining shows of the new season. This show is taking a look at the most deranged crimes and people. I will bet that many people will feel this show is too dark and depressing, but it is real.

I like the cast and I like the way they interact with each other. I think that Johnny Messener is wonderful and very suited for this role. He plays a great tough guy, but lets his compassion out to play as well.

This show is well worth the time and staying home on Friday night.
  • Creepy show about very disturbed individuals.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen every Killer Instinct episode but the ones I have seen have been very entertaining.
    The show is about Det. Jack Hale (Johnny Messner) who heads the San Francisco Police Department's Deviant Crime Unit which investigates bizarre and deviant crimes. His boss is Lieutenant Matt Cavanaugh (Chi McBride) and his partner is Det. Danielle Carter (Kristin Lehman).
    Hale is intense and tormented by his past. His last partner, whom he had had a personal relationship with, was killed in the line of duty. Hale is still watched closely by the DA. In the first episode, he is partnered with a spy from the DA to make sure he is okay. Overall, I like Hale. He's moody and mysterious and it will be interesting to see how he deals with his inner demons throughout the season.
    I am not as sold on Det. Carter. She just isn't as interesting to me but she is tolerable. Hopefully we will learn more about her in future episodes.
    The great thing about this show is the twists and turns each episode takes. For instance, in the pilot, the killer uses spiders to paralyze his victims. In "13 Going on 30," a little girl baits sexual predators and kills them. At the end we find out that the little girls isn't little. She's actually 30 and she was sexually abused by her father. That episode was probably my favorite because it had so many suprises.
    Killer Instinct is on FOX on Fridays at 9:00. Not the best time but you can always tape it watch it over the weekend. (That's what I do!)
  • This show is basically about 'deviant' crimes that occur in the foggy city by the bay, San Francisco.

I suppose if anyone who watches this show actually lives in the city, they would know the little tidbits the show messes up on. Such as street names, areas, they also don't realize that locals will be able to tell the different areas that are being filmed, but are still in the same scenes.
  • I hope this show gets a full season order, cause I like this show.

THis is the best crime show ever, like CSI and Law and Order. I hope this show gets a full season order and gets promoted. I like this new show. This show is a good show like the previously cancelled series "The Inside". Don't cancel this freshman drama just yet!
  • i wait to see this show every week.

i love the on screen chemistry between the hale and carter. i hope they get involved. it would be very cool! but hale has some issues he needs to deal with. i wonder if carter has any deep dark secrets that will come out in this season??? maybe they could even hook up this season! that would be awesome!
  • I can't get enought of this show. I misssed the first eppy and I have been hooked since eppy 2. I love the drama and fun between the stars and I love Jonney Messner.

I love the character inter action and the story lines are the bomb. I just can't wait for friday nights so I can see what kind of deviant case they have. It has great stoy lines and super stars. I just can't for the next eppy. I live for fridays once again. Ben sad since Third Watch left the air.
  • I love the show the only shows I like better are Bones and CSI! It is a must see for all horror, mystery watchers.

A great show about two detectives trying to catch some of the strangest killers around. The detectives are agent Carter and Jack Hale. Jack lost his old partner who he had more then a work relationship with. He is very unsocial and does not like to be with other people during his down time. The show has lots of gore in it but once you watch itonce you are hooked! It is simaliar to CSI with a few differences. The main difference is that they encounter the killers in more dangerous situations and there are only three main charecters. Killer Instinct is a must see!
  • i just watch this show and i consider it good

a very good show
    i would have watch it at the beginning but it interfrees(?) with other show
    but who cares i am watching forever he he he
    i am so stupid
    it is really a good show
    the episode i watch is the part with the earthguakes and everytime it is a scale of 5.5 or higher someone get kiled
    it was sooooooo cool and how they solve it
  • it si a very good series, the acting is great, the plot with each new episode becomes more detailed and great. there has been a lot of thought taken in to put this great show where it is, and it's only on it's first series! it rocks! it bea

it beats CSI!!!
  • A typical FOX show....

7.8
    Killer instinct is a show with good acting, interesting cases, but holds no permanent interest to me whatsoever. Although Detective Hale seems realistic, most of the cases and the environment in general doesn't seem life-like to me. It turns out that I like the acting more than the show itself. Detective Hale was more appealing to me than the main idea of the show, which is a common one for many shows that exist today, which is to catch the bad guy before they kill again. Overall, it's a good show but to me, it's just a typical show that FOX would air.
  • I looked forward to watching this show every friday. Besides the fact that Johnny Messner is the hottest man in the world, Killer Instinct kept my attention (which is a hard thing to do).

I am surprised and very disappointed that the show is cancelled. I watched it every Friday and I really liked the format, the scenes, and felt the cast/crew were great. Johnny Messmer was an asset to the show with his cool,but "rough around the edges" personna, and made the charachter, Jack Hale real. Chi Bride I have always enjoyed as an actor.
    I like to watch CSI NCIS and this and now this is gone. Sigh. Heck at least shows Like Enterprise, Roswell, and others get a chance for fans to get the network to keep it going for a season or two. But no. Not Fox. We have to suffer through stupid American Idol. Notice that the runners up often have longer careers than the winners? That show and reality tv keeps the network alive. I hated CBS. Now I see that it's by FAR better than Fox. Heck for that matter WB or UPN is better. Thanks Fox. Glad to see You can't keep our attention. Maybe you should go back to 21 jump street. I absolutely loved Killer instinct so much. It's the only show that I watched on Fridays. I just read another article that said that Killer Instinct had actually boosted Fox's ratings for Fridays and that the show was receiving more praise with each episode. I stopped watching FOX permenatly. It really uspsets me that they cancelled it. Bring it BACK!
  • Really excellent show. Totally figures that FOX would bone us out of yet another show. Hell I might have to stop watching Fox all together. Especially if they can't produce any thing more than reality television show, Hello, that is what I have Discovery

Bring it back! One of the few shows that FOX has put out lately that actually makes you think about what you are watching. Figures that the dumbass generation watching most shows doesn\\\\\\\'t get it. Parents don\\\\\\\'t let your babies grow up watching reality tv stars! (If you can call them that!)
  • Killer Instincts disappearance from Fox's line-up is a sad display of their lack of intelligence.

I was thoroughly intrigued with the show from day one. I feel jipped that Fox took off what I consider to be one of their premiere shows. The casting was wonderful, the storylines were great, and I know if given the chance it would have been a big hit. I would appreciate it if you would bring it back. It is every bit as interesting and compelling as your new series "Bones" and it gives "Criminal Minds" a run for their money.
  • A truly unique serial killer chasing cop show and FOX killed it. Why am I not surprised?

I found this show by accident as I was flipping through the channels trying desperately to find something worth watching. Imagine my surprise when I found an interesting cop show that was approached from an angle no one had thought of yet, and it was on FOX!!! Shocking!!!

Well, not so shocking is the fact that FOX didn't give Killer Instinct a chance for other people like me to find out there was actually something worth watching on network t.v. - back to cable and Netflix for me.
  • Great cast, great variety in topics, perfect lead actor (very handsome too), and a great show all around. Beats stupid reality shows hands down.

I am stunned that this show has ended so soon. I enjoyed the variety of the episodes and how different it was. I felt that the cast were selected very well. You know, if it was played 1:00 in the morning I would watch it. I hope the show returns due to fan pressure. If FOX does not bring it back perhaps other channels could pick it up. I enjoy the genre of crime drama and mystery such as this show and Medical Investigation, CSI and CSI offshoots. I am so disappointed that it ran only half a season. Does FOX care about satisfying the fans?
< 1 2