Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Is This Really Farewell?

Is it really the end for Kim?

EddyBob15

[1]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 30

Are we really about to see the end of a good show that has lasted for five years? It would be nice if you posted your opinion on the matter in addition to voting.

Edited on 06/26/2007 10:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bbqsauce13

[2]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 39

Yeah, sorry. I put my vote in earlier, but I didn't have time to explain. Alright, I said "Yes". As sad as this is, this show needs to end here. The entire aspect of this show revolves around high school. Since this season ends with high school graduation, it would make sense to end it here. Ending this show in a good way is very important. I'm afraid that anything after this season will just ruin the show's reputation. A spinoff is an option, but getting it right would be like finding a needle in a haystack. In other words, I think they need to end it here.

The other side of why I think this way is that the creators are already done. They have packed and left their offices. The same offices are already being filled by others. There is just no logical way to change that. The creators are already going onto other projects. Their contracts with Disney expired as of them finishing the finale. That just about kills any sorta hope for a fifth season. Sad, yes, but it's the truth.

Edited on 06/26/2007 11:15pm

MajehKing

[3]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 16
    We had to trudge through fire and coal just to get a fourth season. I hardly think a fifth is even propbable.

And a spinoff would most likely destroy the series, as bbsqauce said. The best they could do is a new series based in the KP universe with totally new characters and storyline with Kim, Shego, etc making cameo appearances. But even that doesn't guarantee a good series.

If anything, KP will live on through our hearts and in fanfiction.

kpfan72491

[4]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 20

i said yes, as much as i hate to see this show go but Steve said it himself in the kp birthday chat that there is not going to be a season 5.

BKback75

[5]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    Man, i just got into this show this year. This show is lucky, my other favorite show Jimmy Neutron didnt get a 4th season because Nick is weird. Anyways, I love this show because of shego for some strange reason. shes the best villian person outthere. Plus i love Ron/Kim

db70905

[6]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    The show ending is most likely a yes, but Kim is not going down. People will still write and talk about it and there will be people who fight for a DVDbox set. And if we get that who knows what will happen if it sells well.

Maetch

[7]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 7
    It better be. KP's gotta end eventually. Better sooner and while it's still good.

BKback75

[8]Jun 27, 2007
    well i hope the finale ends great.

Ross0855

[9]Jun 27, 2007
    Sadly I too think its the end sadly. Its to bad enjoyable shows such as this one have to end though. I am disapointed in any show in general has to end sometime which bums any show that comes to air on tv. It has been a fun run for years though so a big thanks to Mark, Bob and Steve and everyone else in production etc that helped make this show fun to watch. Oh and can forget Disney as well for giving them the place to air and money to help make this happen. Even though I dont like disneys descision on the show ending they did air the show and a good run it has been.

kittiekat10105

[10]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 18
    I VOTED YES!!!! ITS REALLY TRUE!!!!! ITS ENDING!!!!!

elvisjj

[11]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 9

I don't even know if it's worth my while anymore to put my comments here, seeingso manyof you loyal KP fans out there have already found a nice restingspot for Kim and buried her completely.

May she rest in peace to those of you who don't believe or don't want to believe that it's not over for Kim Possible. It's only over if you let it be over and as I've said time and time again. That's exactly what Disney wants you to do. Is to let go of Kim Possible and for her to be buried and done with, so they can go onto the next series and repeat the same steps as they've done with so many other quality Disney series, Gargoyles to name one and now our own Kimmie will receive the same fate. This process will continue unlessfans are willing to not just cry over the loss of their beloved show, but actually STEP UP and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. That's why the SAVE KIM POSSIBLE CAMPAIGN was started and it lives on, and will live on until Disney realizes that true fans all over the world out therethat love their show(being Kim Possible) will not back down and watch it just be cancelled by a corporation that has lost the very principals it was founded on.....WALT DISNEY'S VISION.

Farewell for Kim is for those who wish it too be....for the rest of us it's onwards to the next KP day July 18 and the next one after that and so on, until Disney listens to it's TRUE FANS OUT THERE, the FIGHT WILL NEVER BE OVER.

Ross0855

[12]Jun 27, 2007
    elvisjj wrote:

I don't even know if it's worth my while anymore to put my comments here, seeingso manyof you loyal KP fans out there have already found a nice restingspot for Kim and buried her completely.

May she rest in peace to those of you who don't believe or don't want to believe that it's not over for Kim Possible. It's only over if you let it be over and as I've said time and time again. That's exactly what Disney wants you to do. Is to let go of Kim Possible and for her to be buried and done with, so they can go onto the next series and repeat the same steps as they've done with so many other quality Disney series, Gargoyles to name one and now our own Kimmie will receive the same fate. This process will continue unlessfans are willing to not just cry over the loss of their beloved show, but actually STEP UP and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. That's why the SAVE KIM POSSIBLE CAMPAIGN was started and it lives on, and will live on until Disney realizes that true fans all over the world out therethat love their show(being Kim Possible) will not back down and watch it just be cancelled by a corporation that has lost the very principals it was founded on.....WALT DISNEY'S VISION.

Farewell for Kim is for those who wish it too be....for the rest of us it's onwards to the next KP day July 18 and the next one after that and so on, until Disney listens to it's TRUE FANS OUT THERE, the FIGHT WILL NEVER BE OVER.

Oh I forgot to add that I support your effort to try and save the show. I think its a worthwhile effort in trying to keep the show going. Its just to bad Disney execs dont feel the same way about it. I feel its actually disapointing that shows need money and viewers to keep a show alive. If that wasnt the case this series could go on longer than it looks like where its heading.

[13]Jun 28, 2007

Kim Possible has more potential to it slightly. And I'm not so sure that jumping the shark would happen to KP, if the series were to be handled delicately. However, there is to be no season 5. Maybe in the future, but not now. Maybe not ever. More importantly, the fate of the series should rest only in the hands of its creators: Bob Schooley, & Mark McCorkle. So, if they do, or don't want it to continue, I'd support their desicions, because KP is their creation. Dvd box sets might happen. I doubt it. Disney wouldn't since to see KP, aside from ABC network, you'd have to have one of Disney's channels: Toon, On-Demand, East/West feed. The show should end well, not drug out until the fans could care less, & the show's quality has dropped drastically. It's unfortunete that Disney has a tight fist about intellectual properties. The show was created by Bob, & Mark. As such, its fate, & all intellectual properties should be theirs. Anyhow, I assume the next works of the creators will somehow have tie-ins and/or references to the KP universe; like cultural references, for example. Anyway, KP was made for kids to teens, with humor satire thrown in for young adults, & other older viewers. To keep KP this way, plots will eventually{though not too soon, if they did continue}, get more far-fetched, or just too bizarre to watch. Disney will continue to do this cancelling no matter what. They partially see that as marketing. I stopped watching KP when it ended 2 years ago. I can do it again. However, I will state my thanks to 2 of the best cartoon series creators: Mr. Bob Schooley, & Mr. Mark McCorkle, for creating a show that has for the past 5 years, 4 if you count the no new KP 2006 year,surpassed in both quality, & coolness to make it the #1 dominating popular show on Disney,making a standard for other cartoons of the same intended calibur to be matched! So, Thanks Mr. Schooley, & Mr. McCorkle! I'm interested to see their/{your}future works{, guys}. KP will live on in fandom!

This show, to quote Kim,"Rocks in stereo!".

Anyway, I think some of the methods for the Fight For 5 were starting, no offense to anyone is meant by this, to be getting a little too much. However, people must fight for causes that they feel they should, as they feel they should. So, if you were one of the many extravegent FF5 people, buying water bottles , then paying more money for paper to put Drakken's picture on it, then don't get offended by me. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. I just feel some FF5 methods were getting a little too zealous-like.

The show has been in the spotlight, & now its time has come.

Edited on 06/28/2007 12:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

cheemanchin

[14]Jun 28, 2007
    The newly formed FFKP is not only about the Fight For a 5th Season.The Fight For Five is a sub section of the FFKP if you must know and were gonna need to unite and collab with each other if we were to achieve anything.Our goals may differ but our motives is in the same with our own views on the subject and that is to secure her Legacy with either Boxsets,5th Season yadi yada.This message are for those who still thinks that were still only going for a 5th season.

Besides what would we do when S4 is over.Your not just gonna sit there sob away or whatever when KP is over now right?Stand up and do something for KP.If you dont want a 5th Season its fine by us.Fight For Boxsets!Fight For Merchandize!Fight for more next gen games or something!Secure her legacy!And of course draw more KP art and Fanfics too but what about those who cant draw and write fanfics well?We can do our part to help secure her legacy by joining the SaveKp Campaign.

PhilDiffy

[15]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 9
    Eh...I agree. As much as I liked it and its humor, Ron/Kim, etc, I believe it's time for the show to end. As you said, we definitely went through fire and brimstone to get this last season, and it's for the best. Time to let the show go out in style!

BKback75

[16]Jun 30, 2007
    yeah, i love this show too because of the humor and the characters but i think 4 seasons are good. I want a 5th season because i think 5 seasons would be great and 5 seasons is a great way to end a series.

kazaa61

[17]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 10
    Kp shoud make it till season 9 or soomething if you ask me the series are gr8 story line is good and the chartzers also gr8
    Edited on 06/30/2007 4:39am

MajehKing

[18]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 16
    BKback75 wrote:
    yeah, i love this show too because of the humor and the characters but i think 4 seasons are good. I want a 5th season because i think 5 seasons would be great and 5 seasons is a great way to end a series.

Five would be perfect!

BKback75

[19]Jun 30, 2007
    MajehKing wrote:
    BKback75 wrote:

Five would be perfect!

5 seasons are always great season to end.

kazaa61

[20]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 10
    Agree but more is better