Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Is This Really Farewell?

Is it really the end for Kim?

ben316

[61]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 2
    Another season of Kp isn't in the realm of possiblity, but as a fan I believe kp has graduated like the title of the finale says. I believe Kim Possible has graduated from a television series. The focus and energy of KP should be displayed in a theatrical setting. KP is a worldwide phenomenon, that has outgrown the small screen. I grew up with great animated television shows of the 80's and 90's. This is the first show in a long time that had great writing and held a diverse audience. No matter the age, the show had something for everyone in a household. I'm not part of the fight for five, but Iadmire and share their passion. It feels good to watch a show with my nieces and nephews and not having to worring about screening a show for them. I own all the episodes after dvd recording the megathon and feel pretty lucky to have them. I feel we won't see a an animated show this good for a long time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

piermattei

[62]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 12
    I don't really want KP to end but it says on the summary tab on the KP part of this site that tonight episode was the last episode

NitaAries327

[63]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 18

It's sadly the end of the road for the best Disney Channel tv series, Kim Possible. This show is so good.... WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END????!!!!?!?!?!? I loved the last episode which reminded me of Danny Phantom's series finale, Phantom Planet. They were the coolest shows ever, may they continue on in the hearts of millions of fans.

peace

gus738

[64]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    i dont want this to end lol well look at the simpsons their rep hasnt been hurt and same thing should be with kim possible, if people dont watch then their loss period But even if the show gets cheesy feeling heck i dont care i want to watch more episodes and getting people to say "yes its bye bye" isnt gonna help insted it should be "we have x signitures for our petetion" or lts save kim possible..... c'mon guys help out

Safwhite

[65]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    Yea, I think it's the end for the show, but maybe they'll at least make another movie. That is the best thing we can hope for at this point, IMO Just think; another season might be a bit much, but maybe a movie or trilogy of movies might just what we need to wet our Kimaetites from time to time.
    Edited on 09/08/2007 3:09am
    Edited 2 total times.

jg24fan

[66]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 8

Yes, it is sad to see Kim Possible end. However, it does make sence to have it end with a good ending, and that is what they did last night. I dont know about the possibility of there being season sets, but you can get a few Kim Possible episodes from iTunes. You can also get them from p2p networks, but really I would suggest that you just get themfrom iTunes. iTunes is legal and its here to stay!

ben316

[67]Sep 8, 2007

After reading and old steve loter blog, i don't think this is the last we will see of kim possible. He said the last recorded dialog for kp was "Uhhhh.....Huh." He also said to have went to another building regarding a KP project that being worked on and (has been worked for awhile).After recording and watching the so-called finale I didn't see any of Steve's posted comments in it. Like I said before there is an aura about this show that brings people together. Ithink this was the series finale but not the last production we see of Kim Possible.

Hyuk-hyuk

[68]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 8
    ben316 wrote:

After reading and old steve loter blog, i don't think this is the last we will see of kim possible. He said the last recorded dialog for kp was "Uhhhh.....Huh." He also said to have went to another building regarding a KP project that being worked on and (has been worked for awhile).After recording and watching the so-called finale I didn't see any of Steve's posted comments in it. Like I said before there is an aura about this show that brings people together. Ithink this was the series finale but not the last production we see of Kim Possible.

Hmmm...

Sonicfan287

[69]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 4

Unfortunately, maybe it's best it ends now. I remember being excited for "So the drama" and then after that was over, I realized it was all over and was sad for a while, then got over it and then got excited again to hear Kim Possible was coming back. I'll never forget that, it was around Christmas 2006 when a friend of mine said "did you hear theyre making new kim possible episodes?" and I'm like "thats impossible, so the drama was the end of it" and then I looked it up and sure enough, season 4 started in february. I remember the night it premiered, I had work that day and was thinking about the new episodes all day, it seems like such a short time, I didnt even think about the show ending at that point, I was just so thrilled about the new episodes and the first new one I watched when I got home bc I taped them was obviously Ill Suited which is still my favorite episode of all time. Just when I thought that KP had given me all the amazing moments I thought it had, the show got new life in season 4 and for 7 months (which feels like a short time compared to the other seasons, probably bc they didnt stagger it as much as other seasons) I was captivated by Kim again and now that it's ending again, I feel sad again, moreso than the first time.

So even though I'd like it to come back, I dont know if I'd be ready for the letdown again when it ends because it has to end sometime. The "fight for five" will only bring on the fight for six and so on and so on but how long can it realistically go on? I'm really happy with the episodes they have and would be happy with a few more but too many might become overkill, although I wish it had reached 100 episodes.

Farewell, Kim Possible, episodes like "Pain King and Cleopatra" "Monkey Fist Strikes" "Emotion Sickness" "Ill Suited" "The Big Job" and many many more will not be forgotten. And especially "A sitch in time" which I didnt like better than StD but for some reason I was incredibly fascinated with it when it first came out. I will never forget watching it 3 times in a row the night it released and not being bored of it at all and even having a couple dreams where I was IN"A sitch in time" fighting Shego in the future. I've had a lot of KP related dreams, but now I'm getting off ona tangent.

Farewell, Kim Possible, as Drakken says in Graduation part 2, you truly were all that.

wendila

[70]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 15
    We were able to save Kim the first time. Somethings telling me it's not gonna work this time.

ben316

[71]Sep 9, 2007
    Gone is the television series, But a theatrical animated production should be the target for "The Fight". Its should be called" THe fight for five and six". I don't want another one done deal. My best hope after constantly reading interviews and blogs would just onebig movie to satisfy allthe fans.

ben316

[72]Sep 9, 2007

After that, I packed up my last box and headed off to my final meeting at another building regarding a Kim Possible project that is being worked on (and has been worked on for a while). I can not speak about it, but I think some of you clever guys will figure it out.
    And in that 96 degree parking lot ,at some building I've never been to before, closed the final chapter in the longest running series I had ever worked on.

This has been a fantastic experience and I'm very proud of the work we've done and I want to thank everyone that ever had a hand in any Kim Possible episode. Very special thanks go to the two people I've had the longest working relationship in my career- Mr. Mark McCorkle and Mr. Robert Schooley. I'll see you guys at the new office.

But the biggest thank you goes to you. I've never gotten to know a fan base as special as the KP fan base. I've met some remarkable people and had the pleasure of interacting with the audience in a way I've never done before. You guys are the best and when things got tough, it's knowing that the KP fans were out there is what gave us the energy to pull through. In the most sincere way possible- thanks.

A blog entry from Steve Loter

July 14,2007

je4tt

[73]Sep 9, 2007
    I babysat my cousin this weekend and he had the marathon turned on. I had forgotten how good the show was! It makes me sad to say but I to believe this is the shows last season, the so called conclusion is just to perfect and resolved, "final" if you will. There also isn't much room for leading into a 5th season unless it is going to based around them being in college. Seems like I picked an unfortunate time to start loving the show again.

ISpeakTheTruth

[74]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 33
    There is a chance that the show will come back did you notice that the creatures left something out at the end of Graduation that they had in So The Drama? They didn't say 'The End' the reason why one would have to assume is that if the show does come back they don't want to look silly two times in a row.

So they're at least keeping it in mind that it's possible.

Yecats17

[75]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    Hey, I posted this in the wrong thread so sorry if you've already read this but...

If they did a movie or a new spin off show I'd really like one on Team Go. There are just so much back story there (where are their parents, did they all like their powers at first, how did Shego meet Drakken, was Shego really good at being a hero and most importantly...what exactly made her ditch her good ways all of a sudden.) That way they could show Shego's past (wildly popular character) and some back story on Kim and Ron once in a while. Its the best spin off series I could think of because it wouldn't be too outside teh universe of KP and could have a lot of the same characters we know and love. Sadly this is probably the end of the show as we know it but I'll always be optimistic that a new movie or spin-off is possible.

Phantom_girl92

[76]Sep 10, 2007
    Kim got saved once, but I don't think lightning will strike twice and we'll get a 5th season. I do hope Disney airs the last episode again soon because I missed it and it looked really good. I don't really have time to even start to fight for another season of KP because I'm so busy fighting for another season of Danny Phantom. I'll always love Kim Possible though.

ben316

[77]Sep 11, 2007
    TWO YEARS FROM NOW KP WILL RETURN IN SOME CAPACITY

SweepsWeek

[78]Oct 5, 2010

ben316 wrote:
    TWO YEARS FROM NOW KP WILL RETURN IN SOME CAPACITY

It's been more than 3 years and has Kim Possible come back? The answer to that as of right now is a big NO. Kim Possible recently got "voted off" the Disney Channel schedule thanks to Disney's corrupt Tribal Council. There is hope of KP coming to Disney XD, KP season boxsets or a theatrical movie. However, as it stands right now, a 5th season is not an option. Whoever thought of getting rid of Kim Possible just got booked by Danny Williams and Hawaii Five-O.

Edited on 10/05/2010 4:01pm