Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Official "The Fight for Kim Possible" Thread

bbqsauce13

[1]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 39
    I was asked by KillerBebe001 to make this thread since they couldn't create a new thread themself (seeing as they are still on level one). This thread will be about the fight for a fifth season of Kim Possible. I will let KillerBebe001 tell you all about it whenever they post on here. Until they do, please keep this thread empty.
    Edited on 04/20/2009 8:37pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KillerBebe001

[2]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 2

Thank you bbqsauce13 for creating this thread for me and the TFF5.

This therad will be used on this site as a focal point for the Fight for 5 campaign, we are looking to have a kick off date on 4/8 to start off with E-mails (Use this e-mailing program: http://sdsmail.org/index.php?show=kp ) keep all e-mails short, sweet and to the point. I will return with a common subject line for the e-mails to help show unity. all ideas sould be placed here for discussion, also contact your local papers TV editor by email. for more info go to: http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi?board=genkp&action=display&thread=1175718500&page=1 for letter ideas.

powermonkey01

[3]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 11
    KillerBebe001 wrote:

Thank you bbqsauce13 for creating this thread for me and the TFF5.

This therad will be used on this site as a focal point for the Fight for 5 campaign, we are looking to have a kick off date on 4/8 to start off with E-mails (Use this e-mailing program: http://sdsmail.org/index.php?show=kp ) keep all e-mails short, sweet and to the point. I will return with a common subject line for the e-mails to help show unity. all ideas sould be placed here for discussion, also contact your local papers TV editor by email. for more info go to: http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi?board=genkp&action=display&thread=1175718500&page=1 for letter ideas.

Way to go KillerBebe001, You've got my support 100%. Lets hope we can get a fifth season.

KillerBebe001

[4]Apr 7, 2007

Thank you Powermonkey01, I feel that we are in for a up-hill battle but I have a good feeling about this. The discussion is still going on for the subjet line for the emails. As I said before send an email to your local paper, here is the one I sent:

TUBE TALK                                                                                                                                                           RICHARD HUFF
    DAILY NEWS TV EDITOR
    rhuff@nydailynews.com

Dear Mr. Huff,

I'm writing to inform you that the save Kim Possible campaign has started again. In the past, as you know, at then end of season 3 the show was cancelled by Disney because of their unwritten no past 65 episode rule. The fan base was able to convince them to make a season 4. Now Disney has cancelled the show again. We believe the show should continue. It is of high quality, and good moral standards. With shows and cartoons that are on now that have, in my opinion, no redeemable value, why cancel Kim Possible? The show has good ratings and a loyal fan base. So we wish to inform you as of April 8th is the official start of the Fight for Five campaign. This should remind you of the writing of the Save Star Trek campaign of the 60s. If you remember as I do, they cancelled the show after the second season, and the fans mobilized and brought it back for a third.

Doing this can not hurt and with hope picking up more support from the casual fan.

KillerBebe001

[5]Apr 7, 2007

*update* in the subject lines for the E-mails put in:

"We stand for KP Season Five"

it is pretty straight forward and clear, this is what we want to use to show our unity as KP fans, as I get more info I shall post it here for you.

Thank You all

Tenn8705

[6]Apr 7, 2007
    Guys... i was looking on some other forums at different sites.. and damn!!! everyones rallying together.... I'm pretty excited!!! Send many emails.. and don't be affraid to FAX!!! Remember... your not alone!!!! VIVA KP!!!!

I_Love_My_DVR

[7]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 7
    Remember, Kim Possible Legacy Day #1 (aka Kim Possible Day) is April 8th (Easter Sunday and 2 year anniversary of So the Drama).

Remember to check out the Save Kim Possilble site.

http://kp.savedisneyshows.org/

lazyjay

[8]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 30
    Hi Folks,

Please do not be offended by what I say in this post, it is meant to be constructive criticism.

Any formal emails you send should be carefully proofread. All of the ones that I have read so far, here and in the thread linked to previously, have been loaded with grammatical errors, awkward wording and coherency problems. Proper grammar and well formed concise arguments will lend weight to what you say. (When I say formal I mean "in a particular form" rather than "official", and when I say argument I mean "the reasoning for the point you want to make")

As KillerBebe said earlier, keep your email short and sweet. One way to do this is to limit yourself to 3 or 4 sentences per paragraph and limit your entire email to 3 or 4 paragraphs. Remember, the people you are sending these to are busy and they will most likely just scan briefly over your message if they read it at all, so any particular point you want to make should stand out and not be buried in a big block of text.

When you write your email keep in mind the audience you're addressing and the purpose of your communication. Most of these people will be well educated and have busy schedules. Your emails will come to them entirely unsolicited so don't try to impress them with how cute or clever you can be, just say what you want to say clearly and concisely.

State your arguments so the conclusions are clearly apparent from the statements of the arguments themselves. Lead the readers to what you consider to be the appropriate response rather than letting them come to the conclusion for themselves. This will lead to a consistent message by preventing multiple interpretations of what you are saying.

In the same vein, remove any conditional or ambiguous words or phrases from your arguments. These include and are not limited to: would, could, should, maybe, I think, possibly, what if etc. Say what you want to say with confidence and surety.

In short, be accurate, clear, coherent and concise. Proofread for grammatical errors including proper word choice, spelling and punctuation. The message is the important part of what you're saying, but it helps if the message is properly formatted and has no errors.

Good luck!

Ross0855

[9]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    lazyjay wrote:
    Hi Folks,

Please do not be offended by what I say in this post, it is meant to be constructive criticism.

Any formal emails you send should be carefully proofread. All of the ones that I have read so far, here and in the thread linked to previously, have been loaded with grammatical errors, awkward wording and coherency problems. Proper grammar and well formed concise arguments will lend weight to what you say. (When I say formal I mean "in a particular form" rather than "official", and when I say argument I mean "the reasoning for the point you want to make")

As KillerBebe said earlier, keep your email short and sweet. One way to do this is to limit yourself to 3 or 4 sentences per paragraph and limit your entire email to 3 or 4 paragraphs. Remember, the people you are sending these to are busy and they will most likely just scan briefly over your message if they read it at all, so any particular point you want to make should stand out and not be buried in a big block of text.

When you write your email keep in mind the audience you're addressing and the purpose of your communication. Most of these people will be well educated and have busy schedules. Your emails will come to them entirely unsolicited so don't try to impress them with how cute or clever you can be, just say what you want to say clearly and concisely.

State your arguments so the conclusions are clearly apparent from the statements of the arguments themselves. Lead the readers to what you consider to be the appropriate response rather than letting them come to the conclusion for themselves. This will lead to a consistent message by preventing multiple interpretations of what you are saying.

In the same vein, remove any conditional or ambiguous words or phrases from your arguments. These include and are not limited to: would, could, should, maybe, I think, possibly, what if etc. Say what you want to say with confidence and surety.

In short, be accurate, clear, coherent and concise. Proofread for grammatical errors including proper word choice, spelling and punctuation. The message is the important part of what you're saying, but it helps if the message is properly formatted and has no errors.

Good luck!

I dont find this offensive at all. I actually find it helpful since the emails people want to send want to make a difference. Grammar is important and with good grammar will make a bigger impact than with an email with many grammatical errors.

I wish everyone the best in this. I feel as though this will be a tough fight since the first one was so unlikely so this one is definitely going to be harder. So keep up the good work everyone.

KillerBebe001

[10]Apr 7, 2007

Lazyjay, I am not offended what you said is true, we must be carful. here is some ideas I posted on another site I am posting here for you. If you can help with editing I will say thank you now. No one has to follow these to the letter, but to help them get and idea for their own letters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Here are some of my last minute ideas. I tried to keep them short and sweet. Since I am not a writer, if i made them any longer, the content would have started to suffer. Some are stolen, and some are borrowed, but the meaning should be clear, so if someone would like to make quick edits to these, before I send them out tomorrow, it would be most appreciated

Letter 1

To whom it may concern:

Having found out that Disney has not renewed the Kim Possible series I would like to say that KP is a show that appeals to people of many ages, I would like to urge you to reconsider this decision. At your next meeting please been to the attention of your peers this show fosters good morals and social values for young teens, it also appeals to people of all ages who are fans of quality animation.  I along with my family enjoy sitting together and watching Kim Possible.

It's obvious the Kim Possible fandom is more loyal than any other. Almost four thousand fan fiction stories are online. Even though no new episodes were released in 2005, nearly a thousand of these fan fictions were posted in that year alone!

The fan art and fan music videos are coming out on a daily basis. We've lost count on how much there is online.

I strongly believe with proper merchandising to an older teen and young adult will increase the fan base. An online statistic showed that the average viewer for Kim Possible is at the age of thirty! Personally, I wish if I had a Kim Possible mug, key ring and car ornament Please, along with a season 5 reconsider your marketing strategy for Kim Possible.

Letter 2

Dear Sirs:

Being a fan of Disney's Kim Possible I found it sad to hear that you are not renewing the show for a season 5, I enjoy the quality of the stories, character interaction and the cel animation, I have been a fan of KP since season 1 aired and have bought the available KP DVD's  and as part of your future merchandising  of Kim Possible, Disney should release the series onto DVD.

It is most upsetting to us that the one of the few quality shows left on TV is going to end short of its potential. Only to be pushed aside and be replaced by shows made for a much younger audience twelve and under that have proven to be nothing special in comparison to the artistic excellence that is Kim Possible and not try to appeal to your older fan base.

Letter3

Greetings:

We being loyal fans of Kim Possible ask you to not cancel the series, we enjoy the quality of the programming and the adult satire. We would ask you to review your decision for the reasoning of this choice. Kim Possible can become a long running series if giving the chance and handled right.

As loyal fans we are also seeking a line of merchandise made for the adult collector    I strongly believe the merchandise is dealt with wrongly. An online statistic showed that the average viewer for Kim Possible is at the age of thirty!

How can a thirty year old go off and buy little KP dolls? Or pink KP blankets and towels?

Most of the fans are hiding in their closets due to the wrong impression that the merchandising is giving off. Personally, I wish if I had a Kim Possible mug, key ring and car ornament. Please, reconsider your marketing strategy for Kim Possible.

Letter 4

Please renew KP for a season five, Kim Possible has a large, devoted fan base of adults who are tuned into the subtler aspects of the series - the "gags" aimed at James Bond fans, and at classic TV series of the past. These gags, which go right over the heads of pre-teen viewers, are appreciated by older fans. Not since the television series "Get Smart" has there been a viable satirical vehicle for the spy / crime fighting genre of movies. By having strategically placed pauses in the action for a bit of nostalgia gag or dialog, the Kim Possible show keeps itself from becoming "campy", and does not take itself too seriously to have a bit of fun. The balance on this is delicate, and the creative team should be kept intact to continue the balance if possible.

Letter 5

I am aware of an effort by fans of Kim Possible to continue the series past season 4. The issue here is the continuation of a franchise that can be financially lucrative to the Walt Disney Company, and of enjoyment to its fans. I too would like to urge you to extend the show for years to come.

KillerBebe001

[11]Apr 7, 2007

bbqsauce13, Thank you for the pin.

It has started and seems to be off to a good start,  just a reminder a useful program for E-Mailing please follow this link and use the subject line "We Stand For KP Season 5":

http://sdsmail.org/index.php?show=kp

I have sent out my letters 12:02am and hopefully those of you who stayed up sent your own out. We are asking how Disney with feel come Monday when they check their inboxes.

Thank You all

Ross0855

[12]Apr 7, 2007
    Keep your fingers, toes and everything else crossed everyone If we get some positive results early it will be great.

lazyjay

[15]Apr 8, 2007
    KillerBebe001 wrote:
    If you can help with editing I will say thank you now.

I didn't expect to be drafted into the cause but I enjoy helping out where I can. If KP can continue and maintain the quality writing and animation I'll be pleased... as long as it can be done plausibly in the story line. I'm afraid that KP has been written into a corner from which it will be difficult to continue the series without a suspension of disbelief from the viewers which would be gargantuan. (You know, I've always liked that word..."gargantuan"... so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence. )

That aside, I have edited the letters posted above. Some of them seemed to be aiming at 2 different purposes: 1) continuation of the show and 2) merchandising of collectibles. Number 2 is a bit non sequitur, but I tried to approach the task dispassionately and did not remove that material. I'm not really interested in collectibles so I may have missed the point of those ones. Of the 5 different letters my favorite is number 4. It's short and to the point and provides a good supporting argument. (plus, how can anyone resist a reference to Get Smart! )
    So, as requested...

Letter 1 wrote:
    To whom it may concern:

Having found out that Disney has not renewed the Kim Possible (KP) series I would urge you to reconsider this decision. KP is a show that appeals to viewers of many ages who are fans of quality animation. When you next meet to decide its fate, please note that KP fosters good moral and social values for young teens and can promote family values by bringing together all members of the family who enjoy watching TV shows with high standards for quality.

It is obvious that Kim Possible fandom is very loyal and productive. Almost four thousand fan fiction stories are online. Even though no new episodes were released in 2005, nearly a thousand pieces of fan fiction were posted in that year alone! Fan art and fan music videos are coming out on a daily basis. We've lost count on how much there is online. Clearly there is a strong interest in this show and continuing production will maintain that interest and bring in more viewers.

I strongly believe proper merchandising to an older teen and young adult will increase the fan base. A recent online statistic showed that the average viewer for Kim Possible is at the age of thirty! Personally, I wish I had a Kim Possible mug, key ring and car ornament. Along with a 5th season please reconsider your marketing strategy for the Kim Possible franchise as a whole.

Letter 2 wrote:
    Dear Sirs:

Being a fan of Disney's Kim Possible (KP) I found it sad to hear that you are not renewing the show for a 5th season. I enjoy the quality of the stories, character interaction and the cell animation. I have been a fan of KP since season 1 aired and have bought the available KP DVD's. As part of future merchandising efforts for Kim Possible, Disney should consider releasing the series onto DVD.

It is most upsetting that the one of the few quality shows left on TV is going to end short of its potential only to be pushed aside and replaced by shows that have proven to be nothing special in comparison to the artistic excellence that is Kim Possible. These other shows are made for a much younger audience (twelve and under) and do not try to appeal to your older fan base.

Letter 3 wrote:
    Greetings:

Being loyal fans of Kim Possible (KP) we ask you to not cancel the series. We enjoy the quality of the programming and the satire that appeals to adult while not interfering with the elements that children enjoy. We ask you to reconsider your decision to cancel. Kim Possible can become a long running series with continuing appeal if it is given the chance and handled well.

As loyal fans we are also seeking a line of merchandise made for the adult collector. A recent online statistic showed that the average viewer for Kim Possible is near the age of thirty! We strongly believe current merchandising efforts are not meeting their full potential by ignoring a valuable demographic. Thirty year old (and older) viewers will not be attracted by merchandise targeted to the tween and younger audience. Would you buy little KP dolls? Or pink KP blankets and towels? I wouldn’t either, but I would buy a tastefully branded KP key ring or watch.

Some fans are hiding in their closets due to the wrong impression that the merchandising is giving off. Personally, I wish I had a Kim Possible mug, key ring and car ornament. Please, reconsider your marketing strategy for Kim Possible.

Letter 4 wrote:
    Please renew Kim Possible for a 5th season. Along with its younger audience Kim Possible has a large devoted fan base of adults who are tuned into the subtler aspects of the series - the "gags" aimed at James Bond fans and classic TV series of the past. These gags which go right over the heads of pre-teen viewers are appreciated by older fans. Not since the television series "Get Smart" has there been a viable satirical vehicle for the spy / crime fighting genre of movies. By having strategically placed pauses in the action for a bit of nostalgia gag or dialog, Kim Possible keeps itself from becoming "campy" and does not take itself too seriously to have a bit of fun. The balance on this is delicate and the creative team should be kept intact to continue the balance if possible.

Letter 5 wrote:
    I am aware of an effort by fans of Kim Possible to continue the series past season 4. The issue here is the continuation of a franchise that can be financially lucrative to the Walt Disney Company and of enjoyment to its fans. I too would like to urge you to extend the show for years to come.
    Edited on 04/08/2007 12:23am

lazyjay

[16]Apr 8, 2007
    Sorry for the multiple posts, edit and deletions... it choked on the word "c l a s s i c" several times before I realized the problem. For some reason the last attempt worked. Weird.

Ross0855

[17]Apr 8, 2007
    lazyjay wrote:
    Sorry for the multiple posts, edit and deletions... it choked on the word "c l a s s i c" several times before I realized the problem. For some reason the last attempt worked. Weird.

Technically since obviously the series wont go to college only 2 things will keep the show alive I think if it were to happen.

1 would be hault Graduation day which will probably be involved in the 2 parter thats still to be announced which will probably be the series finale.

2 a season in between after highschool and going to college. Now most likely this one is unlikely but its a blank area where anything can happen. Also since its not around events during school most likely it will get dull since just about everything that would be of interest would just be the missions.

Either way another season would be great in my oppinion as long as it meets the hype of this season so far and the episodes are nicely done. Since the series has been around highschool if anything I would like a season still in highschool.

KillerBebe001

[18]Apr 8, 2007

[QUOTE="lazyjay I'm afraid that KP has been written into a corner from which it will be difficult to continue the series without a suspension of disbelief from the viewers which would be gargantuan. (You know, I've always liked that word..."gargantuan"... so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence. )

That aside, I have edited the letters posted above. Some of them seemed to be aiming at 2 different purposes: 1) continuation of the show and 2) merchandising of collectibles. Number 2 is a bit non sequitur, but I tried to approach the task dispassionately and did not remove that material. I'm not really interested in collectibles so I may have missed the point of those ones. [/QUOTE]

Lazyjay I appreciate your help with the rewrites. Use any or parts of the letters that you wish in your emails. As you said, yes, it will be difficult to continue the series but there are many open possibilities. The one thing i hope that they do not, and i repeat DO NOT, is the plot twist in dallas that the entire series was a dream. I think hatw as what the injoke was in the first episode, il suited, when ron woke up and caled kim and asked if it was a dream. Second, when you mentioned that you were not into collectibles, i put that in the letter to appeal to disneys greed. This is where alot of revenue can come from. I wanted to try and show them that with proper marketing, can turn a higher profit from the show. I'm not asking us to buy KP lamps or nightlights, but i would like some collectibles that an older person can keep and trade.

In 3 hours and 35 minutes, the start of save KP day is over and day 2 will begin.

Thank you all for your help, and for your continual support.

KillerBebe001

[19]Apr 8, 2007

[QUOTE="lazyjay I'm afraid that KP has been written into a corner from which it will be difficult to continue the series without a suspension of disbelief from the viewers which would be gargantuan. (You know, I've always liked that word..."gargantuan"... so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence. )

That aside, I have edited the letters posted above. Some of them seemed to be aiming at 2 different purposes: 1) continuation of the show and 2) merchandising of collectibles. Number 2 is a bit non sequitur, but I tried to approach the task dispassionately and did not remove that material. I'm not really interested in collectibles so I may have missed the point of those ones. [/QUOTE]

Lazyjay I appreciate your help with the rewrites. Use any or parts of the letters that you wish in your emails. As you said, yes, it will be difficult to continue the series but there are many open possibilities. The one thing i hope that they do not, and i repeat DO NOT, is the plot twist in dallas that the entire series was a dream. I think that was what the injoke was in the first episode, il suited, when ron woke up and caled kim and asked if it was a dream. Second, when you mentioned that you were not into collectibles, i put that in the letter to appeal to disneys greed. This is where alot of revenue can come from. I wanted to try and show them that with proper marketing, can turn a higher profit from the show. I'm not asking us to buy KP lamps or nightlights, but i would like some collectibles that an older person can keep and trade.

In 3 hours and 35 minutes, the start of save KP day is over and day 2 will begin.

Thank you all for your help, and for your continual support.