TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Official "The Fight for Kim Possible" Thread

weqrwer

[61]May 27, 2007
    • level: 4
    Just switch over to American Dragon or Avatar or something...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cheemanchin

[62]May 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    MisterMatthews wrote:
    OK, I'm gonna be the dissenter and risk being  bashed, but... as a *fan*, I must say so far, I'm (very) disappointed by season 4. There are two great episodes ('Stop Team Go' and 'Odds man in' ), one horrible disaster ('Mather and fervent' ) and the rest is only so-so. (I have not seen *all* episodes that aired so far.) Except for the two episodes that I cited, they haven't be able to match the standard of the first three seasons. That's why I think they should stop after season 4. Because quality is more important to me than quality. Please respect my opinion, just like I respect yours.

Well you are entitled to your opinion.But looking at the score of each S4 episode.Its way higher than the last 3 seasons.Almost every episode is a 9.0+.So i think thats where your wrong my good man.

cheemanchin

[63]May 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    weqrwer wrote:

As BBQSauce13 said.Do not pass your negativity on this thread.We all have fought hard for a Season 4 and the least you could do is appreciate that and dont come in here passing on your negativity.

Llama_guy

[64]May 27, 2007
    • level: 53
    cheemanchin wrote:
    weqrwer wrote:
    As BBQSauce13 said.Do not pass your negativity on this thread.We all have fought hard for a Season 4 and the least you could do is appreciate that and dont come in here passing on your negativity.
    Yeah, it's just a waste of time coming with negative comments. I'd say that a Season 5 might be reachable. Kim Possible is popular enough. We just need to convince Disney yet again. And I think we can do it! Season 5, here we come
    Edited on 05/27/2007 8:33am

EddyBob15

[65]May 27, 2007
    • level: 30
    I am new to this organization. What websites do we send our letters to?

db70905

[66]May 28, 2007
    • level: 8

EddyBob15 wrote:
    I am new to this organization. What websites do we send our letters to?

Just go here -> http://kp.savedisneyshows.org/ Look under "SEND EMAILS"

bbqsauce13

[67]May 28, 2007
    • level: 39

Well guys, it looks like anything that is done from now on will be for not. The creators have parted ways with Disney. You can read my editor's blog for the complete story, or you can go here:

http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi?board=vip&action=display&thread=1180283488&page=1

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=191043

Edited on 05/28/2007 6:43pm

dargor45

[68]May 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    Sad news indeed! Too bad the Creators cant buy the rights to the show and revamp it on another network and in there own vision not just disneys.

bbqsauce13

[69]May 28, 2007
    • level: 39

dargor45 wrote:
    Sad news indeed! Too bad the Creators cant buy the rights to the show and revamp it on another network and in there own vision not just disneys.

Yeah, if only they could. That would be interesting to see what would happen there. Anyways, I read more into this situation, and it turns out that Disney Executives made them leave their offices, and move on to something else. They did not have any say in it. They just were evicted by Disney. At this point, I really hate Disney. Can't they do anything right? I hoped I would never have to say these words, but...

THREAD UNPINNED

elvisjj

[70]May 28, 2007
    • level: 9

If what bbqsauce 13 is saying is true and the creators where just booted by Disney, which again won't surprise me and shouldn't surprise any of you out there either. Disney isn't the Disney that Walt Disney created, envisioned and nurtured. Disney is now more a darker version of itself, runned rapid by executives that have no regard for Walt Disney's vision and even a greater lack of care for Disney fans worldwide, case in point with Kim Possible sums it all up. Here's a show that so loved worldwide and before I joined up here I never would have believed that a show could be this loved and this popular worldwide. The fanfiction out there is living proof of it. Yet Disney couldn't care less about how we as fans of Kim Possible feel and that we want the show to continue. They never wanted a fourth season of Kim Possible and that's so obvious with the scheduling. Kim Possible is way good enough for PRIME TIME viewing, yet where did Disney put the show. That could be coincidence, but come on now would you truly believe that? The way I feel Disney Executives look at all of us viewers and all of us Kim Possible fans out there as being nothing more then mindless viewers who'll complain at first about losing our favorite show and then will all just go on and accept it and put Kim Possible and the show to rest. In short they'll (being Disney) get what they want (what they most likely wanted back in Season 3) and that is they would have successfully put Kim Possible to rest, sealing the final nail in Kim Possible's coffin.

Now with all that said where do we go from here? First of all I would love to hear from the creators and hear their side of the story. It would be great if they didn't leave all us fans out there in the dark. Let's hope they respond to someone so we can get the real inside story of what happened. Cause I just can't see the creators just up and abandoning us like that, when we're all fighting to save the show we love so much. I have a belief that bbqsauce 13 might be right about the creators being forced out and if that is true it's all the more REASON TO CONTINUE ON THE FIGHT.

I myself won't stop the fight for season five, it might be a waste of time and effort on my part. But when I believe in a cause as wholeheartedly as I do with Kim Possible and this show, I'll see it through. Or as what Kim likes to see so much is when her bestfriend/boyfriend Ron Steps up. Well I'm stepping up for Kim Possible. And if the creators Bob, Mark and Steve were forced out by Disney. They'll at least appreciate the fact on just how much this show means too us. That we're willing to fight to the bitter end. All of you KP fans out there will have to make your own decision on whether to continue to fight or give up. BUT REMEMBER ONE THING and this is the most IMPORTANT ONE of all. DISNEY WANTS YOU TO QUIT FIGHTING! nuff said.

KillerBebe001

[71]May 28, 2007

I see everyone has got the bad news, It's not that they were booted out of the offices but since the show has not been renewed and there is no project that they are working on for Disney their jobs ended when post production was over. for them to return to Disney is for the show to be renewed; as we know his happened at the end of S-3 they were out the door and were called back at the last moment. The big problem is that if they find new work and then Disney want to renew they may not return. As one of the writers on the series said this is the nature of the beast in the field that they are in.

The post card blitz is still on, and we are thinking of ideas for new stunts even now. Keep all e-mails, post card and letter short and sweet and most of all respectful even though you may be angry right now.

elvisjj

[72]May 29, 2007
    • level: 9
    OK I'm with KillerBebe001 on this one. We continue the fight with the Postcard blitz to Disney Heads on June 7. I've already been busy trying to calm everyone down out there that feel this fight is over. Too me it's far from over, heck it just started and we've only begun to fight. We need to fight harder and flood Disney Executives with endless postcards and personal letters on June 7. I've already spread the news to the Ron Stoppable site and the toonzone net. You should check out those sites, it's all tears and long goodbyes...remember that's what Disney Executives wants people. "quoting Mr.Barkin again." If we want to save our show we must be united, that means all of us worldwide or it really will be over! Keep up the good work Killerbebe001, bbqsauce 13, and all you Kim Possible/Ron Stoppable fans out there it's not over if we don't let it be.

DisneyFreak33

[75]May 29, 2007
    • level: 21
    maybe they just don't wanna go past a fourth season, I mean That's So Raven was renewed for a fourth season and ended after that, I guess they wanna do the same with Kim Possible. well anyway thats just my opinion, but hey I wouldn't mind one bit if there was a fifth season. for some reason the really good and popular cartoons keep getting cancelled, I'm not sure why though, no offense if anyone here likes this show but, why not cancel The Replacements, that show is so dumb, not very many people like it and it stilled  got renewed for a second season. that is just not fair.

nyfan

[76]May 29, 2007
    • level: 20

DisneyFreak33 wrote:
    maybe they just don't wanna go past a fourth season, I mean That's So Raven was renewed for a fourth season and ended after that, I guess they wanna do the same with Kim Possible. well anyway thats just my opinion, but hey I wouldn't mind one bit if there was a fifth season. for some reason the really good and popular cartoons keep getting cancelled, I'm not sure why though, no offense if anyone here likes this show but, why not cancel The Replacements, that show is so dumb, not very many people like it and it stilled  got renewed for a second season. that is just not fair.

I think it is because the producers of the Replacements play ball with the Disney excutives. They do what "the man" tells them to do with no arguements, while Bob and Mark fought for their artistic integrity.

db70905

[77]May 29, 2007
    • level: 8

Personally I say we keep fighting. If Disney wants to be a pain in our neck the we should be an even BIGGER pain in theirs. If we stop now then that just means that Diseny won, we lost, and Disney will think that they can do this to every show. It isn't right what they are doing and that just mean we CAN"T stop what we are doing.

"FIRST THEY IGNORE YOU. THEN THEY LAUGH AT YOU. THEN YOU FIGhT THEM. THEN YOU WIN"

Edited on 05/29/2007 5:00pm

EddyBob15

[78]May 29, 2007
    • level: 30

I say this is just another reason to keep fighting, probably the biggest reason yet. We're not just fighting to save a t.v show now, we're fighting to save the jobs of three wonderful creators that have brought us one great series after another. Disney is only letting them go because the KP project is ending. If we can convince them to carry on with the series, the creators will be back in business. So think about it this way, a group made a difference before when it saved this series, by george, it can probably happen again! If you quit now, you will be giving up on all you believe in. Those of you who think all hope is lost, you can give up if you want, but if you do, you're not the fans you say you are. Those of you who think there's still a fighting chance, keep writing! Don't just write e-mail, write real letters, send postcards, have rallys, sign petitions, recruit as many new members as you can, spread the word around the world, do what ever you can to help. Know this. if you believe in yourselves, you can make a difference. Now get out there and fight! Do it for Mark, do it for Bob, do it for Steve, and of course, do it for Kim!

Edited on 05/29/2007 10:12pm

DisneyFreak33

[79]May 29, 2007
    • level: 21
    totally agree, if we were able to save it before we can save it again, I mean why should Disney Channel cancel its best cartoon??? I don't hate Disney or anything but I mean come on, this show is awesome it should stay on longer than just 4 seasons. Nick's most popular cartoon Spongebob has been on since forever, Disney should do the same with thier greatest animated series. Kim Possible has millions of fans why cancel it?? why?? It's just not fair.

KillerBebe001

[80]May 30, 2007

I am glad to see everyone is united and ready on the fight to save KP. For the idea of sending shampoo I copied these, pick one or all, copy and paste to paintbrush and resize for the bottle that you are mailing out. We all have stores that sell inexpensive items in our area

http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lroblack2uv8.png

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lropurple2gz4.png

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lro2drdvk2.png

As nyfan said why the Replacements get the go ahead and KP gets shown the door, IMO he has something there, also KP was under the old empire and after the coup; the new powers cleaned house and they let go a lot of the old guard.