Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Official "The Fight for Kim Possible" Thread

Maetch

[81]May 30, 2007
    • level: 7

I share your sentiments.  But I've got something to say:

Give up.  It's over.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

elvisjj

[83]May 30, 2007
    • level: 9

It's ONLY OVER, IF YOU LET IT BE OVER! This is the test and the true loyalty of KP FANS out there. Yes Disney is stronger and way more powerful and in the end they might not cave in and give us another season. But at least Disney will know where more then a million Kim Possible fans out there stand, we stand UNITED TO SAVE KIM POSSIBLE. This will haunt them, cause never before in Disney history has a campaign this huge been launched right directly at them, being the Disney Executives. All of us out here are making history as this is the first time an animated series has been so loved that a gathering of this size and magnitude have organized so well to save an animated series we all love so deeply inside. Yes it's been done with live shows, some successful, others not. But people "again quoting Mr.Barkin" we have started a revolution here, something no matter whether WE WIN or LOSE DISNEY CAN'T DISMISS NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY TRY. It's something all of us should be proud about. That we stood up for something we believed in so wholeheartedly. It shows Disney that we as viewers worldwide care about a great show like Kim Possible and our STAND is with the creators. That we're not afraid to tell Disney Executives just how much we love this show and want it back.

We are fighting for something we all love so dearly, being Kim Possible and Mark, Bob, and Steve. And yes maybe we're a bit selfish not letting just go, but in my opinion and maybe I share this opinion with a lot of you out there. Kim Possible still has a lot of life left in her. To me it's too premature to cancel this show, take a look at the SIMPSONS. I use to love that show, but now it's just been on for too long and in my opinion it's jumping the shark. We as fans of Kim Possible don't want her to jump the shark either, but we don't want her to go prematurely either. There has to be a balance and a fifth season to me is that balance. Whether we'd go for a sixth season we all could decide that then. But a fifth season to me is not jumping the shark, it's something I feel comes so naturally.

Our strength people "again quoting Barkin" comes from all of us being UNITED in one worthy cause and that is to SAVE KIM POSSIBLE. To save our show. If you wish to abandon the ship, your more then welcome too, we each must do what we feel is right. But look in your heart, if you really believe you love Kim Possible as much as you do and want to enjoy the good times for just a little bit longer, cause sometime soon it will have to end. Then RE-JOIN THE FIGHT FOR FIVE! Send out letters, postcards, e-mails, and faxes to Disney Executives. Let's flood Disney Executives with thousands of postcards and letters on June 7 to show our support for Kim Possible and Bob, Mark, and Steve.

UNITED WE STAND FOR KIM POSSIBLE AND THE CREATORS, DIVIDED WE ALL FALL!

GrandpaRD

[84]May 30, 2007
    • level: 1

Hiya, This is Grandpa RD from over at Ron Stoppables' Really Neat Page, (RS.NET) and I'm the Breaker of the bad news that Kim Possible is wrapping up the show at the end of the current season. I'd like to take this opportunity to fill in some info for you fans here on this distinguished forum if I may...

There have been some rumors going around that Mr. Schooley and Mr. McCorkle were unceremoniously "Fired" or "Booted Out" of their positions at Disney, and I'd very much like to set the record straight for some of the fans that might still think that this is true.

Nothing could be further from the truth. What occurred was Mark and Bob, who had been working for Disney for OVER 15 years, were surprised to find that their fans did indeed succeed in winning the attempt to bring back KP at the end of S3, and the completion of the motion picture "So the Drama". They were very pleased to hear that Disney renewed for 22 more episodes and would continue for the now treasured S4.

But now that S4 is mostly done with production except for the 2-part finale, which is still this moment in what's called Post Production, Their current contract with the studio has run it's course, and they were no longer needed on staff after this last bit of work was completed.

So, as a result, Mark and Bob are now free as birds in the sky to go wherever they care to, and to work wherever they want to. I don't really want to get anyones' hopes up, but there may be, and I repeat MAY be a slight sliver of a chance that by banding together once again and politely and eloquently requesting Box Sets of "The Complete Kim Possible" and following through with the plan by BUYING them when they are made available, Disney may once again take notice and request the Creators and staff of the show to return to work! YAY!

This seems to be the best course of action that we have now, Gang, so stay tuned to your respective forums for news and updates on this renewed effort to save Kim Possible.

*Side note to Bbqsauce: please feel free to contact me using my e-mail address should you have any questions or comments for me.

Everybody have a MUY BUENO day!

RD

weqrwer

[85]May 30, 2007
    • level: 4

You people just don't know when to let something go,do you?KP is a lost cause as far as a 5th season goes.Deal with it.

Edited on 05/30/2007 7:32pm

GrandpaRD

[86]May 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    Interesting post there, weqrwer...

If you feel that way, may I ask you why you are in the KP section at all?

You really don't sound like the fans I deal with on a daily basis.

But, to each his own, I suppose.

All the best to you.

cheemanchin

[87]May 31, 2007
    • level: 3

Well since the fight is still on for KP.Bbqsauce13 could you pin back the thread since its not over yet.We may have been discouraged a bit by the news.But now were ready to jump back in the fray with more numbers.Its not the Fight For Five anymore now its the Fight For KP.The movement is still alive and kicking so i hope you consider pinning back the thread.

Edited on 05/31/2007 6:31am

bbqsauce13

[88]May 31, 2007
    • level: 39

THREAD PINNED

At your request

elvisjj

[89]May 31, 2007
    • level: 9

I've already posted the same post at Ronstoppable's Really Neat Page, but I thought I'd post it here too for all united KP fans out there.

Hey all you Kim and Ron loyal fans out there. We're still hanging on out there, we've banded together for a noble cause we all believe in, on a show we don't want to see end. I heard that Disney has also cancelled American Dragon and there pleading to get their show back. It's a sad day out there for all of us KP fans and American Dragon fans...but again we should use that sadness and shape it into a positive attitude that will make our fight to save Kim Possible even that much stronger. June 7 is just around the corner and ALL OF US WHO ARE UNITED to save KP, this is our target date to send out all those letters, postcards, faxes, e-mails and shampoo, lots of shampoo with Lather, Rinse, and Obey on it. We want to make sure we flood Disney Executives with as much requests and pleads to save our show as we can on that day in hopes Disney Executives will see the out pouring of letters, postcards, e-mails, and hopefully lots of shampoo and take notice that we're serious about saving Kim Possible and want to see a Season Five.

Our hope is our unity, our strength is NUMBERS, our defense is loyalty to the cause of saving Kim Possible and I agree with GrandpaRD. We must approach Disney in a VERY polite, professional and diplomatic manner. Please and thank you is adviced on all letters, postcards, e-mails, etc, that are sent out to Disney Executives (no matter how we feel, we must and I repeat must be nice to them) if we even want a chance of being heard at all.

For those who don't know the kind of Disney Executives you should contact, check out the kp.savedisneyshows.org All the information on all the Disney Executives are there along with the address to Disney and Disney Channel. I myself will be sending out those postcards A.S.A.P. and I agree with GrandpaRD that you can mention the box sets in your cards and letters, it'll add to our cause.

weqrwer

[90]Jun 1, 2007

GrandpaRD wrote:
    Interesting post there, weqrwer... If you feel that way, may I ask you why you are in the KP section at all? You really don't sound like the fans I deal with on a daily basis. But, to each his own, I suppose. All the best to you.
    I'll have you know I did my part to help get a season 5.I want to save another show now,American Dragon.It has such potential. Why should I help get another season for this show when my efforts would be far better geared towards getting a third season of American Dragon?I agree we need boxsets and ways to commerate KP but why not focus our efforts on a show that still doesn't have a 'total' conclusion.The teens are only 14 and 9th graders,they should have at least two more seasons. I wouldn't say your being selfish or I'm being selfish but why fight when the fight will only bring about overexposure and dry out KP.That's what happens when you try to bring something back continously.Why have KP suffer that fate?It isn't going to have more seasons,I'm sorry.Can't we fight for a cause that still has something 'unfinished'?Can't we help something that still has some amazing stories yet to tell?Can't we have even more amazing stories for a show that has already had amazing stories? Well,is it a possiblity? BTW,for once,BBQ.There isn't a joking word in my sentence.

Edited on 06/01/2007 5:48am

captainkodak1

[91]Jun 1, 2007

There are few more dedicated to Kim Possible as I am.  If you doubt that check my site at Fanfiction.net.  As of today I have posted 93 different stories most of which are multichapter.  My latest is standing at 19 chapters with over 100,000 words.  It will have at least 7 more chapters.  I love the show and support it a great deal.  However, right now flooding Disney with requests for another season may have the other effect of them stopping or totally reschduling the rest of this season to make sure it fails.  That is just a feeling of mine.  If, we ask nicely for a boxed set to be produced, I thinks that has a better chance of being done.  After that maybe they will realize that there is still support for the show and call the guys back for another round.  I would rather Kim go out with flying colors than to have the show forced into another season and end up blowing it.  Call it jumping the shark or whatever.  But right now the chances of a fifth season are very slim as the creators are no longer working for Disney.  I am all for Kim but let's not assasinate her just by being a little over zealous.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

The Captain. 

Llama_guy

[92]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 53
    weqrwer wrote:

GrandpaRD wrote:
    Interesting post there, weqrwer... If you feel that way, may I ask you why you are in the KP section at all? You really don't sound like the fans I deal with on a daily basis. But, to each his own, I suppose. All the best to you.
    I'll have you know I did my part to help get a season 5.I want to save another show now,American Dragon.It has such potential. Why should I help get another season for this show when my efforts would be far better geared towards getting a third season of American Dragon?I agree we need boxsets and ways to commerate KP but why not focus our efforts on a show that still doesn't have a 'total' conclusion.The teens are only 14 and 9th graders,they should have at least two more seasons. I wouldn't say your being selfish or I'm being selfish but why fight when the fight will only bring about overexposure and dry out KP.That's what happens when you try to bring something back continously.Why have KP suffer that fate?It isn't going to have more seasons,I'm sorry.Can't we fight for a cause that still has something 'unfinished'?Can't we help something that still has some amazing stories yet to tell?Can't we have even more amazing stories for a show that has already had amazing stories? Well,is it a possiblity? BTW,for once,BBQ.There isn't a joking word in my sentence.

Well, one can fight for both

bbqsauce13

[93]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 39

weqrwer wrote:
    BTW,for once,BBQ.There isn't a joking word in my sentence.

I respect that. See, if you write your opinions like that, people will agree with you.

weqrwer

[94]Jun 1, 2007
    bbqsauce13 wrote:

weqrwer wrote:
    BTW,for once,BBQ.There isn't a joking word in my sentence.

I respect that. See, if you write your opinions like that, people will agree with you.

I saw that all along,it was my twin brother who didn't. Were 13 and he's banned from the computer now.I've never been on here before but he left this website on while he went to the restroom and I happened upon it.Sorry he caused trouble.Anywho,I watch both shows and he mocks me for it.But that's my oppion as far as getting 5th season though.I'm mostly on the Really Neat Ronstoppable forums.
    Edited on 06/01/2007 10:06am
    Edited 2 total times.

Maetch

[95]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 7
    elvisjj wrote:

It's ONLY OVER, IF YOU LET IT BE OVER! This is the test and the true loyalty of KP FANS out there. Yes Disney is stronger and way more powerful and in the end they might not cave in and give us another season. But at least Disney will know where more then a million Kim Possible fans out there stand, we stand UNITED TO SAVE KIM POSSIBLE. This will haunt them, cause never before in Disney history has a campaign this huge been launched right directly at them, being the Disney Executives. All of us out here are making history as this is the first time an animated series has been so loved that a gathering of this size and magnitude have organized so well to save an animated series we all love so deeply inside. Yes it's been done with live shows, some successful, others not. But people "again quoting Mr.Barkin" we have started a revolution here, something no matter whether WE WIN or LOSE DISNEY CAN'T DISMISS NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY TRY. It's something all of us should be proud about. That we stood up for something we believed in so wholeheartedly. It shows Disney that we as viewers worldwide care about a great show like Kim Possible and our STAND is with the creators. That we're not afraid to tell Disney Executives just how much we love this show and want it back.

We are fighting for something we all love so dearly, being Kim Possible and Mark, Bob, and Steve. And yes maybe we're a bit selfish not letting just go, but in my opinion and maybe I share this opinion with a lot of you out there. Kim Possible still has a lot of life left in her. To me it's too premature to cancel this show, take a look at the SIMPSONS. I use to love that show, but now it's just been on for too long and in my opinion it's jumping the shark. We as fans of Kim Possible don't want her to jump the shark either, but we don't want her to go prematurely either. There has to be a balance and a fifth season to me is that balance. Whether we'd go for a sixth season we all could decide that then. But a fifth season to me is not jumping the shark, it's something I feel comes so naturally.

Our strength people "again quoting Barkin" comes from all of us being UNITED in one worthy cause and that is to SAVE KIM POSSIBLE. To save our show. If you wish to abandon the ship, your more then welcome too, we each must do what we feel is right. But look in your heart, if you really believe you love Kim Possible as much as you do and want to enjoy the good times for just a little bit longer, cause sometime soon it will have to end. Then RE-JOIN THE FIGHT FOR FIVE! Send out letters, postcards, e-mails, and faxes to Disney Executives. Let's flood Disney Executives with thousands of postcards and letters on June 7 to show our support for Kim Possible and Bob, Mark, and Steve.

UNITED WE STAND FOR KIM POSSIBLE AND THE CREATORS, DIVIDED WE ALL FALL!

Blah, blah, blah.  You're just full of it.  For one, you can't compare ANY show to The Simpsons.  That's a completely different kind of topic.

Balance was three seasons.  The fourth was pushing it, but it managed to keep it.  Five would ruin everything.

cheemanchin

[96]Jun 1, 2007
    If you look at the votes majorirty voted S4 rocks or yahoo.com where they also find S4 rocks or here and even some of the fans wish we succeed for S5 and congratulate us and look at the Youtube video score ratings and comments and positive reviews from countless sites.Believe me this show is far from jumping the shark and we should also considered the fact that S4 episode scores are way higher than the previous seasons except for GSM and because of S4 the Kimmunity grew rapidly and we still havent considered the millions of closet fans out there and besides it havent aired all over the world yet and to say that KP can end well yes it could end but it will always have some sort of opening since the KP series doesnt really have a solid storline.Like when S3 ended which was suppose to be the end at that time but it opened a new question to the VIP's and the fans like how the K/R thing will work out yadi yada.So at the end of S4 it would be the same thing and we the fans will again have another question on the college think will work out yadi yada so a continuation is always possible.

And some of you can say im Majorly In Denial but i assure you i speak the truth on how i see the situation and all the naysayers could you kindly leave the thread this is not the discussion about the Fight For Kim Possible its the thread on how we plan our next moves etc not on a discussion about it.
    Edited on 06/01/2007 11:23am
    Edited 2 total times.

KillerBebe001

[97]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 2

I have made my labels and placed them on the bottles go to link to see how they look.

If you are going to do the same I found that 20lb xerox is thin but usable, I used 65lb paper it was a little stiff but came out well. with printing and cutting then using rubber cement = 20 min for all four.

Edited on 06/01/2007 2:10pm

dargor45

[98]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 2
    Nice job! I love it...lets just hope it works

weqrwer

[99]Jun 1, 2007
    KillerBebe001 wrote:

I have made my labels and placed them on the bottles go to link to see how they look.

If you are going to do the same I found that 20lb xerox is thin but usable, I used 65lb paper it was a little stiff but came out well. with printing and cutting then using rubber cement = 20 min for all four.

So...that's what?Kim possible brainwashing shampoo...?

[100]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 8

Let's break down some things:

1.Some of us want a 5th season of KP, & some don't.

2.Because of the nature of Disney shows, the show was intended to end after season 3. This means that major, and/or important plots/storylines that Kim Possible could have had stretched out into multiple episodes, got put into a one, or two episode plot/storyline. The considered majarity popular stories/plotlines for Kim Possible have been taken care of. This does not mean KP doesn't have anymore storylines to use. It just means that the majority of popular ideas for KP plots have been used up, & no longer are usable, unless expounded upon.

3.It's almost impossible to say this time, & step of the KP battle is where the true/untrue fans get sifted, & seperated. It's impossible to say anytime. There are different levels of fandom. For a few instances, Beeftony, & CaptainKodak write KP fanfics, BBqsauce13 is the editor of these forums/threads, BrianWallace provides high quality screen grabs of KP eps, Llama_Guy submits, or has submitted KP stuff, & I'm just here, adding my light-hearted humor where possible{check out my first posts on the "Episodes Ideas" thread for great laughs, or the loss of your eyesight, whichever. There are far more examples of people who make up my points than what I mentioned. My points are, fandom comes in all forms, & you can't say who is the true fan, & who isn't.

4.We shouldn't argue our points at each other. Squabbling is pointless, & vain. We should all just respectfully disagree with people/opinions we don't agree with. In all situations, however, respect is key.

5.I'm a part of a handful of KP-centric Yahoo! groups. I'm watching to see what the creators have to say about these issues. Maybe they don't want to create/continue KP. Maybe they want to let it rest. Maybe they don't. If they don't, I can respect that. Why? Because it's their creation, & their decision about it, & its fate should be the reigning decision about the fate of the show, since it's their's anyway.

6.Another season is possible without "jumping the shark". It's a matter of keeping characters themselves, plotlines at least good at minimal, animation quality stays stationary, or gets better, not worse. The characters aren't out of character if the creators make the changes. Since they are the creators, the characters are only out of character when they{creators} say they are.

7.I think that the Fight for 5 could've had a slight impact on the termination of Bob, & Mark, but I think if it had any impact at all, that it really wasn't so signifigant. Disney just makes shows, then cancels them, after they've run their course, regardless of potential left in a show. It's called Marketing, & Tradition of a set time frame for a show. I call it that, anyway. 

8.Disney will continue to do this abrupt haulting of shows. Wheather, or not we win, or lose, Disney will always know of this stand. They may not cave, but there's no hurt in trying. I was watching the "Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed" last Friday, & the woman at the end of the show said something that stuck out in my mind. "Never think that a small band of dedicated people can't make a difference", or something like that. We may not win, but we will have shown Disney our "stick-it to-the-man" side. I'm not saying be violent. No, not at all. All I'm saying is that Disney will see that there are fans who might stand this way again, but for other shows, as well as Kim Possible.