Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Official "The Fight for Kim Possible" Thread

cheemanchin

[101]Jun 5, 2007
    • level: 3
    As those from RS.net may know me as Comrade_Chin already.Im just going to say a couple of things and i might repeat what people have said for the past 5 pages but im too lazy to read but here goes my opinion on this.Hmm with 7.4 million viewers since its the only figure i got and at the top with the live action its quite hard to believe they are gonna cancel it and not promote or merchandize it.The figures may be wrong since it quite old but if lets say it goes down it wouldnt be that much and its also thnx to DC US sloppy work at airing KP with hatred or something or it could go up which i think so since RS.net seems to be getting a lot of new guys who got interested in KP at only S4.

1)Well yes some of you made a point that if the show were to be continued without the original crew's touch and lets say if it were to be renewed for a S5 it might go down like Gargoyles but lets look at this at a positive way.Look at the James Bond franchise,even without Ian Flemming the Bond shows are still great and it still goes on but they do give credit to the original guy so if a new team were to come in and do that im ok with it.It could go the bad way or the good way

2)Well yes the FFF is pretty dashed into the trash can with the departure of the VIP's but if we were to continue to fight for a S5 maybe their contract would be renewed(although this is very highly unlikely to happen)

3)Well now were fighting for Boxsets which if you think of it is indirectly fighting for a Season 5.Just look at Family Guy for example it came back after a few years due to great DVD Box Sales.If we do achieve the Boxsets and it sells this could happen.

4)Actually i dont really see the big difference with what happen when S3 ended.The KP studio was packed up and yadi yada and the VIP's was still on contract and were only around because they were doing Sky High.Well except now the VIP have left.

5)Lets hope a Japanese animation company doesnt buy the right to KP like they did with PPG.That would be a nightmare but at least KP will continue but uh NO WAY man.

6)Well lets put it this way the Kim Possible series doesnt have a solid storyline.Like the Simpsons it can just go forever and ever.Continuation wouldnt be a problem for the KP Series since it can nv have a solid ending.It always leave an open question at the end like S4 when STD was suppose to be the end.The question was how it will the K/R work out.So with S4 ending.We will again have a question of how the college stuff all will work out.Unlike some anime's or cartoons which have a solid sotryline would come to and end,for KP i would think otherwise.So a next season is always possible but of course we all know it must end sometime but i dont feel it is time yet.

The 2 main factors and things to happen to increase our chances of winning the Boxsets and maybe even a S5.
    1)The good ratings from the Europe and Asia to back up the already so called dropped tremendously rating in the US(which is thanks to sloppy DC US channel team work or hatred for the show or something).With the good ratings of S4 Boxsets should be easier.
    2)If the release of the DVD Boxsets is released and the sales is great.Than the chances of S5 is higher.
    Hmmm i guess if this two were to happen everything comes naturally and will take its turn to happen.Other than that well lets use the ideas from the last meeting and some new one on this board.
    3)Probably more games and merchandizing will also help the cause(hmmm but this is pretty hard to pull off)(Although there are leaks and rumours that KP is in KH3.Lets hope thats true)

Ideas from the meeting that was held by the movement a week back
    Email(The basic weapon to use)
    Letters / Postcards(Already being done and is way more effective than emails)
    Sending in fanart related to SKP(Well how many artist do we have in our cause?We need more)
    Sending in cheese(Hmmm well i think the shampoo is a better choice since some ppl stated its illegal to send food to other country or something)
    Sending in shampoo with Dr. D's "Lather, Rinse, and Obey"(some ppl are already doing it)
    Sending in KP merchandise (Now i dont think ppl like the globekeeper would want to send their holy artifacts now do they LOL.Even i wont do it if i have one)
    Save KP buttons and other stuff from Cafe Press(This stuff needs to be upgraded)
    And we need more marketing.We need more videos.We need more arts to promote the movement(Although this requires a lot of patience and skill)

And just a notice the next FFKP(its no more the FFF) or aka SKP Day is on June 7th for those who dont know.Be it whether your fighting on a S5,Boxsets etc.

Man that was long winded,sorry for my long post.And despite the recent setbacks.Some things have happen that seems to favour the movement.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cheemanchin

[102]Jun 7, 2007

Ok People It Is Time.Its June 7th.Its time to step up and take it to the next level.Lets make this one of the best SKP Days Ever!!!Get clicking and sending your mails,emails or whatever you plan to send now.Good luck and keep up the good work people.Its time to take it to them!!

cheemanchin

[103]Jun 7, 2007

http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi?board=genkp&action=display&thread=1175718500&page=47

For new members who join the moevement please check out the link above and read the long post by me if you want to get a better lowdown on what the movement is trying to achieve and what how we are planning to do it.Keep up the good work people or you could also check out this vid created by Darth_Comrade to get a better lowdown on the situation.Its really inspiring too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQnRK7t4UOs

SKP Day HAS STARTED So Lets Get It On!
    Just remember, there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.
    And We The Members Of The FFKP For Sure Do Not Want To Be A Memory.
    So Lets Do This!!!

For those who dont have emails to send please use the email letters posted by Darth on the previous page of the rs.net link above and also look up the instruction on how to use the email programs and such which have also been posted by Darth on the same page as the posted letters.

elvisjj

[104]Jun 7, 2007
    • level: 9

I've posted the same letter below at the Ron Stoppable site, but in case you didn't check it out there. You can see it here.

Well all you KP FANS, this is D-DAY! The continued struggle to get Disney to reconsider and renew Kim Possible for a fifth season. I've already sent out 18 postcards to various Disney executive heads, by now they should have got most of them. I've written letters previously to Disney executives and now it's off I go to send out e-mails to Disney and I'm adding Darth_Comrades link for the Fight for Five to my e-mail that I will send of to Disney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQnRK7t4UOs

People everything we do right now is never, nor will it ever be in vain, just remember that. I know the struggle is frustrating and nerve wrecking...but Kim and Ron are worth the fight. This is just another phase as we continue to fight for our show. Let's hope Disney hears the millions of us out there that want Kim Possible back for a fifth season. And if they still don't hear us, then we gotta fight even that much harder until they do.

Kim and Ron's fate is in our hands as is the show. If we let go and give up the fight all together. If we start fighting and bickering amongst each other, if we stop being united the way we are right now to save Kim Possible. Then Disney gets what they wanted all along. The sweet satisfaction of victory and we all end up with only fond memories of Kim.

Good Luck to us all, and let's keep those e-mails, postcards, personal letters, shampoos coming.

KillerBebe001

[105]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 2

On RS.net Comrade_Chin wrote:

[Members of the Fight For Kim Possible or aka Save KP Campaign, you've been invited to a live Brainstorming Kimnanza meeting #2:
    Which is this coming Saturday July 1st at http://www.drpossible.com/

KP Legacy day #3: the last day was a record breaker but we gotta step-up our game, in this session we'll discuss how to improve on ourselves and our performance in the next battle.

This is your chance to give out suggestions on how to help. Don't blow it!

But of course, we're RS.net members, randomness its our specialty...don't expect a strictly business discussion.
    Let's have fun!

Timings:
    If you're in the US- Breakfast, between 10am- 12am EST
    If you're in Europe- Lunch, between 1pm-3pm
    If you're in the Far East- dinner, between 9pm-11pm

PS:The meeting is also open to all KP fan members. So come on in]

sorry to have been away for so long but things poped up in life that had to be addressed

You must have an user-name acct. on ( http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi ) then go to the ( http://www.drpossible.com/ )site and just log-in at the appointed time with your user-name and join in

cheemanchin

[106]Jun 22, 2007

Comrade_Chin here,Sorry i didnt post on this thread for a long time.Been Bz doing some off the board activities with the movement.

All are welcome to themeeting fellowKP members.Some of us only like know each other through posts and nv engange in a conversation before and also because of the different timezones also we nv really know each other we just know they just exists.So if youre interested come on to the meeting.

Dont worry if you come in late.The last meeting lasted for like what 4 hours?

There will be a second meeting on http://www.drpossible.com/ today . This one will NOT be specific to Fight For Five members, rathar everyone is invited.

The categories to be discussed are:

- KP Legacy Day #3.

- Publicity of the KP Fandom.

These are two very important categories that need fan input. And that's exactly what we're hoping to get.

Note:Im not too sure but i dont think you need to be a RS.net member to attend the gathering.Just log in with your desired nick at drpossible.com and state which KP site your from.

Of course there's always a lot of fun when KP fans get together, so dont expect anything less! ;D

Timings for the meeting:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=23&year=2007&hour=8&min=0&sec=0&p1=137

Hope you guys here can attend it.

Edited on 06/22/2007 6:49pm

cheemanchin

[107]Jun 23, 2007

All are welcome to the meeting.Besides i dont think we really ever have a big chat with RS.net members now have we?So come on in the meeting fellow RS.net members.Some of us only like know each other through posts and nv engange in a conversation before and also because of the different timezones also we nv really know each other we just know they just exists.So if youre interested come on to the meeting.

Dont worry if you come in late.The last meeting lasted for like what 4 hours?

If im not mistaken about uh1-2 hours remaining before the meeting starts.

Edited on 06/23/2007 6:14am

cheemanchin

[108]Jun 27, 2007
    Okay here's a brief summary about what we discussed and the conclusions we came to:

KP Legacy Day #3:

We all know we want this one to be bigger than the last, more effective and hopefully the winning day. That's why we have to make sure it surpasses every category that the previous days have seen.

That means more emails than day #2, more letters/postcards than Day #2, and a new category is introduced, phone calls!

Yes, we are working on a way everyone can make cheap and effective phonecalls on July 18th. The answer, Skype! (We'll fill you in on how to use this later!)

Also James, our good friend, is trying to get a locale school to endorse our shampoo project for the day. If the school agrees, the kids who willingly volunteered to help will bring in bottles and perhaps a hand-written letter and James will decorate them and send the crateload in on the big day.

Johnnys is currently working on a badical plan to send Disney loads of chilli sauce, but that is still a work in progress.

So far, SKP day #3 sounds quite exciting...let's make sure it's worth it! ;D

KP Fandom Publicty:

This was a very quick topic to discuss, unfortunately.

The real issue is to reach out to people who aren't among us, people who are NOT KP fans. The idea that made it out was to try setting up Advertising Banners across the web. Unfortunately for us, no one knew anything about it.

But perhaps the most interesting idea is to write to international newspapers a brief descritpion about who we are, what we achieved and what we're hoping to achieve as well!

Now, once again I remind you all, the fact the VIPs are no longer working on KP now, does not mean that they will not work again.

That is a wrong assumption, they may have finished their contract, but that can easily be renewed with a simple phone call from upstairs.

Let's make that phone call happen people! ;D

I have a request to BbqSauce13.Could you please change the name of the thread to the Fight For Kim Possible.Reason for this is as follows

The newly formed FFKP is not only about the Fight For a 5th Season.The Fight For Five is a sub section of the FFKP if you must know and were gonna need to unite and collab with each other if we were to achieve anything.Our goals may differ but our motives is in the same with our own views on the subject and that is to secure her Legacy with either Boxsets,5th Season yadi yada.This message are for those who still thinks that were still only going for a 5th season.

Besides what would we do when S4 is over.Your not just gonna sit there sob away or whatever when KP is over now right?Stand up and do something for KP.If you dont want a 5th Season fight For Boxsets!Fight For Merchandize!Fight for more next gen games or something!Secure her legacy!Anf of course draw more KP art and Fanfics too but what about those who cant draw and write?We can do our part to help secure her legacy by joining the SaveKp Campaign.
    Edited on 06/27/2007 8:39pm

bbqsauce13

[109]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 39

THREAD NAME CHANGED

At your request:

cheemanchin wrote:
    I have a reuqest to BbqSauce13.Could you please change the name of the thread to the Fight For Kim Possible.

campturkgal

[111]Jul 8, 2007
    KillerBebe001 wrote:

Thank you bbqsauce13 for creating this thread for me and the TFF5.

This therad will be usedon this site as afocal point for the Fight for 5 campaign, we are looking to have a kick off date on 4/8 to start off with E-mails (Use this e-mailing program: http://sdsmail.org/index.php?show=kp) keep all e-mails short, sweetand to the point. I will return with a common subject line for the e-mails to help show unity. all ideas sould be placed here for discussion, also contact your local papers TV editor by email. for more info go to: http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi?board=genkp&action=display&thread=1175718500&page=1 for letter ideas.

IM WITH YOU!! I want season 5 and Im prepared to FIGHT FOR IT!! LONG LIVE KP!!

angelamvilas

[112]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 12
    you've got me, im 100% in!

elvisjj

[113]Jul 8, 2007

The countdown to the next KP day is just around the corner July 18th. Disney needs to hear our voices once again. We need to let Disney know that we're still around and we haven't given up on Kim Possible. We should all be united together, though some of us feel we're fighting for season five, while others are fighting for boxsets. I feel we should fight for both, though I'd like to see new episodes, so I'm fighting for a season five. I also like Killerbebe's idea of a worldwide get well card. That should grab Disney executives attention. Onwards to an even more successful KP day then the one before.

elvisjj

[114]Jul 15, 2007

The countdown for the next KP day is July 18 and it's just around the corner. For those of you KP FANS who would like to see new episodes of Kim Possible in any form or matter, such as a SEASON FIVE, which I would like to see along with other fans, or a Kim Possible spin off, or another Disney original Kim Possible movie. Then please help us with the FIGHT FOR FIVE, join us on KP DAY JULY 18 and send out letters, postcards, "Get Well KP cards" and shampoo to the Disney addresses below.

Write to
    Disney Studios Animation
    Public Relations Dept.
    500 S. Buena Vista St.
    Burbank, Ca. 91521

Write to The Disney Channel
    Disney Channel, The Walt Disney Co.
    3800 W. Alameda Ave
    Burbank, CA 91521

Alternate Disney Channel Address
    Disney Channel, Attn: Viewer Requests/Programing
    3800 W. Alameda Ave 21st Floor
    Burbank, CA 91505
    Phone: 818-569-7711

Or e-mail your requests andGo to this website: http://sdsmail.org/index.php?show=kp Replace it with your comments and send it off. Your voices do count, let Disney know that you love KP and want her tostay alive for a little bit longer. TO THE FIGHT FOR FIVE! Booyha!

Edited on 07/15/2007 9:21pm

RelenaS

[115]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 5

If you do manage to pull off a season 5 try to slip a minor note into your demands, something along the lines of " and keep the episodes airing in chronological order."

Its very annoying when one doesn't know where certain plot points came from because their first episode hasn't even aired...

SakuraAyanami

[116]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    weqrwer wrote:

GrandpaRD wrote:
    Interesting post there, weqrwer... If you feel that way, may I ask you why you are in the KP section at all? You really don't sound like the fans I deal with on a daily basis. But, to each his own, I suppose. All the best to you.
    I'll have you know I did my part to help get a season 5.I want to save another show now,American Dragon.It has such potential. Why should I help get another season for this show when my efforts would be far better geared towards getting a third season of American Dragon?I agree we need boxsets and ways to commerate KP but why not focus our efforts on a show that still doesn't have a 'total' conclusion.The teens are only 14 and 9th graders,they should have at least two more seasons. I wouldn't say your being selfish or I'm being selfish but why fight when the fight will only bring about overexposure and dry out KP.That's what happens when you try to bring something back continously.Why have KP suffer that fate?It isn't going to have more seasons,I'm sorry.Can't we fight for a cause that still has something 'unfinished'?Can't we help something that still has some amazing stories yet to tell?Can't we have even more amazing stories for a show that has already had amazing stories? Well,is it a possiblity? BTW,for once,BBQ.There isn't a joking word in my sentence.

humm flash news American Dragon isn't that great of a show so I don't see why you should waist your time "saving it"

elvisjj

[117]Jul 21, 2007

For those still fighting for a Season Five and I know I still am and so is killerbebe and others especially at the Ron Stoppable site we're still just as united as before about getting a fifth season of Kim Possible.

KP day has ended again, but the fight for the rest of us who still believe in preserving the best show on television for at least another season, hopefully more, we're still determined to get Disney to rethink their decision on Kim Possible. The fight has split into two division, one for box sets and the others like myself for a fifth season. I've written a letter that I've been sending out and will send out to newspapers and magazines worldwide to draw up support for our cause. The letter has already been sent off to LA Times, New York Post, US Weekly, and I've e-mailed it to several magazines from the savedisneyshows website address including T.V.Guide. The letter will go out to The New York Times this Monday.

I've included the entire letter below for anyone of you guys to read, I'm hoping it will inspire us all to continue on the fight for a season five and not let Kim Possible disappear forever like Disney wishes it too be.

A little respect for Kim Possible from all the fans that love her.

It is a simple pleasure that we all appreciate. Perhaps it's embedded in the silent throbbing of our hearts, or perhaps it's a natural inheritance that grows with us. Whatever it is, we all seek out and cherish art in all its forms whether in a painting, or a composition of music, in movies, and even in written stories. But have any of us ever considered such art to exist in a cartoon? Have any of us ever considered that such a cartoon would capture the imagination of both kids and adults from all walks of life.

Well one has, and it has done so quietly. It has swept through our homes and has been doing so for years, but it was always shrugged off as a guilty pleasure, and kept that way. A show that struck the world in 2002 with its light but kind hearted humor and affection for all that is sweet and loveable in our world. Such was the effect of Kim Possible.

As I am writing this letter, I keep asking myself: What is a grown man in his late thirties doing writing a letter for the sole purpose of trying to save an animated television series? What is this guilty pleasure that makes both grown men and women worldwide watch a Walt Disney family animated series like Kim Possible? Why would men and women in universities and colleges all across North American, Europe, and Asia watch what was obviously intended for an audience of children and possibly a few teens? What is this apparent appeal that Kim Possible has on grown men and grown women, and why do we always make it seem like a guilty pleasure, as most of us men and women would never openly admit that we've ever watched Kim Possible?

For those of you who don't know, Kim Possible is a Disney Channel original series that premiered in 2002. The show's creators, Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley, created a Disney animated cult classic with millions of diehard fans spanning across the world. The show revolves around Kim Possible, her sidekick and best friend Ron Stoppable, and his naked mole rat Rufus. Kim Possible is your average girl: she's a high school cheerleader, and she goes around the world along with Ron and Rufus thwarting the plans of hilarious villains. Kim Possible is the girl that can do anything; Ron Stoppable is the boy that can't do anything. In season four, where the series is right now, Ron has become Kim's new steady boyfriend and that has just added more fun and drama to the hit Disney series. Ron Stoppable is usually the scene stealer in each episode with his childlike wonder and his outrageous antics, not to mention his whining out loud, but when push comes to shove Ron's always there for Kim and he has Kim's back along with Rufus.

But what's the story behind the show? What has made it even more of a phenomenon?

It all began in 2004, when a handful of fans started a group that silently campaigned against the cancellation, but that got them no where and the show was eventually cancelled. Yet they didn't quit. The group later started their own website and called it Save Disney Shows, which grew as did their campaigns against many Disney Channel show cancellations. The website was later responsible for influencing Disney's decision to bring back Kim Possible for a new season after a year and half since the group's start.

Save Disney Shows, run entirely by Kim Possible fans, is not the only online hub for KP fans. The "Kimmunity" as they like to call themselves, spans an entire network of fans who communicate through forums and their own chat rooms, share fan art, fan fictions, and fan videos. The numbers of these contributions defy almost all other fandoms.

After almost a year's anxious wait the new season finally premiered, surpassing all expectations.

But then a new issue came up, one that haunted the entire community. What comes next? Although the fans knew very well that this is supposed to be the last season, they couldn't understand why. It is the most successful show to come from Disney, and not to mention the best quality show in a long time. It still has all the potential of any new show Disney could come up with, and maybe more. And most importantly, it has a stronger and more loyal fanbase than perhaps any other Disney show has.

So why is Disney not taking advantage of this show? Why does it hold back on the merchandise? Why does it hold back on the fans? Why is Disney smothering Kim Possible?

And so, a new group started up within the Kimmunity. A group of fans who are fighting for a fifth season and soon will fight for a theatrical movie release, and then will fight for decent merchandising. This group is trying to seal Kim Possible's legacy; this group is fighting Disney's entire marketing strategy; this group is trying to do the impossible! They started out as "The Fight for Five", but now they call themselves "The Fight for Kim Possible".

The same vision that Walt Disney shared is the same vision many of us who grew up with Disney still share. Unfortunately Disney no longer seems to show appreciation for that vision. Currently, Kim Possible is perhaps the last running animated show on the Disney Channel, with the exception of a few others that cannot compare to the quality of the show in production; be it animation or otherwise.

And so I finish this letter in hopes that the readers out there realize that art isn't always something that you hang on a wall, or place on your desktop, it is indeed anything that touches your heart. I have realized this, as did the thousands that exist in the fanbase of this show.

Perhaps if you give this show a chance and just sit back and watch the animation, read into the characters, or just take in the flavor then perhaps you will enjoy the sights, sounds and taste of the show as we have. And whether you successfully do so or not, I think you will agree that there never has been a show quite like Kim Possible.

Hyuk-hyuk

[118]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    HEY everyone! Check out http://sothefinale.blogspot.com/

Steve Loter's official blog. He says why a season five might definately be out of the question, but the fans can Strongly fight for A Collecter's Box Set of Kim Possible DVDs. Steve also mentions that a few different alternate endings of the finale, Graduation, were recorded and completely made. They'd be more than happy to put those alternate endings (as well as animatics, behind the scenes, the making of an episode, and cast and crew interviews) on a box set of DVDs.

Hyuk-hyuk

[119]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    Oh, and Steve Loter also mentions an upcoming Kim Possible project; So the FANS have A LOT to look forward to, even if SEASON 5 will never be.