Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Official "The Fight for Kim Possible" Thread

ben316

[141]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 2
    The megathon was a test to the kim faithful and hopefully we seized the opportunity that presented itself and although I think the series is over, I do believe Kim Possible has graduated indeed to the theaters. The Simpsons got a movies pete's sake. Its time for KP's turn. That she can go alittle more into depth of her world. I watched Transformers this year and saw a cartoon from my little kid days done spectacular in a movie setting. I don't want live- action for KP because she would loose her essence a character played an actress. I heard Miley Cyrus as an ideal disney actress. KP is an animated phenomenom that should displayed to the big screen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

elvisjj

[142]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 9

Your doing great buddy. We can and will win Kim Possible back. After seeing Graduation, which was totally awesome I want nothing but to see new episodes of Kim Possible. We need a season five and hopefully a season six. That will wrap up Kim Possible as Bob and Mark left it wide open for another season, just for us. Now we just gotta win Kim back. And we can do it!

TO THE FIGHT FOR FIVE..and "WE CAN DO ANYTHING" as long as we fight together to do it.

---elvisjj

Dedwyre

[143]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 3
    I'm fine with the series ending where it is. When "So The Drama" was the ending, I felt very empty. I wanted to know how Kim and Ron's relationship would work out. Now that I know it's solid and they made it to graduation, I'm more or less content. Would I watch it if they made more episodes? Sure. But eventually, it's going to get stale, and I don't want to see that happen. I want it to end on a high note, and it did. It has to end sometime; it's not The Simpsons.

If you think about it, now that the main characters are graduated, their outside of the Disney Channel demographic of junior high and high school kids. Past this point, they'll be college kids who have to deal with college issues that high school kids aren't familiar with. So it makes sense to end it here. I could see maybe another movie, perhaps about the summer vacation or the first day of college, but that's it.

If anyone wants to start a petition, make one that'll get Disney to PUT THEIR SHOWS OUT ON DVD! And not just little theme DVDs with random episodes, I want full seasons. Get with the times, Disney!

[144]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 8
    Dedwyre wrote:
    I'm fine with the series ending where it is. When "So The Drama" was the ending, I felt very empty. I wanted to know how Kim and Ron's relationship would work out. Now that I know it's solid and they made it to graduation, I'm more or less content. Would I watch it if they made more episodes? Sure. But eventually, it's going to get stale, and I don't want to see that happen. I want it to end on a high note, and it did. It has to end sometime; it's not The Simpsons. If you think about it, now that the main characters are graduated, their outside of the Disney Channel demographic of junior high and high school kids. Past this point, they'll be college kids who have to deal with college issues that high school kids aren't familiar with. So it makes sense to end it here. I could see maybe another movie, perhaps about the summer vacation or the first day of college, but that's it. If anyone wants to start a petition, make one that'll get Disney to PUT THEIR SHOWS OUT ON DVD! And not just little theme DVDs with random episodes, I want full seasons. Get with the times, Disney!
    I too, would love to see certain Disney shows on dvd; KP in particular. I already signed 2 petitions: 1 to continue KP, & 1 to get KP seasons on dvd. As long as the stories, animation, & such stay of it's high quality, everythings fine. Sure, the formula will eventually get old. But I think KP could last at least 1, or 2 more seasons. And 5-6 seasons is a nice way to cap off KP. Actually, a theatrical movie would best top it off. And it could show Ron's, & Kim's summer, facing their first year of college, and/or them getting married, or just them both promise themselves to one another, & it could be done without being too sappy, or "fluffy" as fanfic writers call it.
    Edited on 09/09/2007 3:35pm
    Edited 2 total times.

elvisjj

[145]Sep 9, 2007

After seeing "Graduation" how can you truly let go of Kim Possible? So many questions were left unanswered. Maybe that's how Bob, Mark, and Steve wanted it. Seeing they didn't know and still don't know if Kim Possible will get a season five. So they left some loose ends that could be wrapped up in a season five and possibly a season six.

1357900 put it into context that a season five and season six would perfectly wrap up Kim Possible. Kim Possible the college years would fit perfectly into Disney's format as they have shows aimed at teens or they could place Kim Possible onto their other owned cable stations like ABC Family. Either way Kim Possible, the college years would completely wrap up Kim Possible for all of us fans out there. First of all it could be a continuous from "Graduation" and could fill in the missing pieces and unanswered questions from "Graduation."

And as long as Disney would keep the Kim Possible formula it would be perfect. Simply replant Kim and Ron together at the same college, place Monique and Bonnie at the same college too, have Mr. Barken end up teaching as a professor there too and have Kim and Ron trying to save the world as College freshmen. It would be new challenges and new storylines for Kim and Ron and it would work perfectly if the writing would be as good as it was for "Graduation." And after two seasons end it with a perfect finale, like Kim, Ron, Monique and Bonnie are all graduating from College and Ron finally decides to PROPOSE to KIM just before College graduation. It's what Kim/Ron fans out there want to see so badly, Ron proposing to Kim.

Then Disney could wrap it all up for all of us Kim Possible fans by allowing us to have one more animated theatrical Kim Possible movie where Kim and Ron get married on the big screen and you could throw everything from all the seasons into this Kim Possible movie and it would blow all of us away and all of us would be grateful to Disney forever for doing this.

As for all of you Kim Possible fans out there. THE FIGHT FOR FIVE is still on and will continue on stronger, and more determined to get Kim Possible back. "A FUTURE WITHOUT KIM POSSIBLE, ISN'T A FUTURE AT ALL."

The Fight for Five is here and also at the Ron Stoppable site. And if you just want Disney to release Kim Possible DVD Boxsets of all four seasons of Kim Possible. Again that fight is covered as well. THE FIGHT FOR FIVE is a FIGHT FOR A SEASON FIVE of Kim Possible, but at the same time the FIGHT FOR FIVE is also a fight to get Disney to offer DVD BOXSETS of all the episodes of Kim Possible for all of us fans out there to buy and enjoy.

ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi This is the Ron Stoppable website address where the FIGHT FOR FIVE LIVES ON!

Your always welcome to check us out here at the Ron Stoppable site. Whether your FIGHTING FOR SEASON FIVE or you just want to FIGHT for DVD BOXSETS of all Kim Possible episodes. Both fights are happening at the Ron Stoppable site.

[146]Sep 9, 2007
    I just remembered that, ABC Family is the more teen, & young adult-centric programming. Greek, Wild Fire, 7th Heaven, Smallville, etc. KP already shows on that channel anyway.

elvisjj

[147]Sep 10, 2007

Exactly and Kim Possible fans would just toon to ABC family, plus ABC family needs more original programming anyways, so Kim Possible could just move there and still appear on Toon Disney, but it would give us another extra season which could eventually go to DVD sales.

twinsthatrule

[148]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 11
    IT FINALLY ENDED. Now u don't have to save it. It ended.

Dedwyre

[149]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    I would certainly rather watch a "Kim Possible" continuation (ala the way Disney continued "Doug" after obtaining it from Nickelodeon) on ABC Family than "Slacker Cats," but I just don't see Disney giving in a second time. And for all I know, the show's creators are ready to move on to other projects. They'll have to sometime.

Of course there are questions left unanswered; there always are, unless every character dies at the end of the series. And even then, there's the question of what the world will do without them. But the big question that needed to be answered in season four, about how Ron and Kim's relationship would pan out, was answered. And the last episode showed that they're both ready to keep it going in their post-high school lives. That's why I think the show can end now. I don't think Disney's going to give in to another petition.

I had a thought about the creators maybe making a spin-off about the twins in high school, but I don't think that would do too well.

[150]Sep 10, 2007

Dedwyre wrote:
    I would certainly rather watch a "Kim Possible" continuation (ala the way Disney continued "Doug" after obtaining it from Nickelodeon) on ABC Family than "Slacker Cats," but I just don't see Disney giving in a second time. And for all I know, the show's creators are ready to move on to other projects. They'll have to sometime. Of course there are questions left unanswered; there always are, unless every character dies at the end of the series. And even then, there's the question of what the world will do without them. But the big question that needed to be answered in season four, about how Ron and Kim's relationship would pan out, was answered. And the last episode showed that they're both ready to keep it going in their post-high school lives. That's why I think the show can end now. I don't think Disney's going to give in to another petition. I had a thought about the creators maybe making a spin-off about the twins in high school, but I don't think that would do too well.

1st paragraph: Yes, I too, would love a KP continuation. Bob Schooley, & Mark McCorkle{the creators of KP}; their contracts with Disney ended after the 2 part finale, "Graduation" was finished. Bob, & Mark have moved to Nick. So there may soon be a new show on Nick that might be pretty good. I don't know. The editor of this guide, BBQsauce13, had an editor's blog about this particular issue.

2cd paragraph: Yes, questions are always left unanswered. But if everything is done right, the KP series could at least live another season, or 2. And a movie could top it all off! I think Disney will listen. It'll be hard to get them to, but it can be done, nonetheless.

3rd paragraph: There are many forums on this guide about the topic of a spin-off. I wouldn't recommend bringing up any of these topics. Most of them are too old, if they still exist. And any forum thread older than, or dead for, I believe, 2-3 months gets deleted if brought back up again. I would like a continuation of KP. A KP spin-off, done correctly, could be just as popular as KP itself. But I'm still for a continuation, rather than a spin-off. I'll take a correctly done KP-spin-off, but I'd prefer a continuation.

Edited on 09/10/2007 10:13am

elvisjj

[151]Sep 11, 2007

NEVER SAY NEVER when it comes to us the fans getting a Kim Possible SEASON FIVE. Sure it's not going to be easy, as Disney is trying to make a stand, but then there's one thing Disney doesn't want to do and that is upset it's fan base. Disney doesn't like negative publicity and bad reviews. Kim Possible is the most loved series I've seen in a long time and it's anything but finished. As I stated before there were lots of loose ends left so that they could continue on with a Season Five. And I for one would love to see Kim and Ron go to college together and simply let the series be transplanted into a college environment. It would be incredible to see how Kim and Ron's life's would be changed. There's so many possiblities as Ron could join the college football team and Kim could join the college cheerleading squad. New challenges could lie ahead for Ron and Kim together including Ron thinking of proposing to Kim and then there's the Drakken/Shego thing. I'd love to see that explored further. Monique and Bonnie could be added to the same college as Kim and Ron. So not that much would change from them being at Middleton High except as Ron said..."They'd be older, wiser." And now they'd be College freshmen. Imagine the challenges that would lie ahead for them all?

Can anyone even imagine an episode where Kim and Ron would go on a double date with Drakken and Shego and meanwhile Steve Barkin would be in that episode trying to woo Shego away from Drakken. I mean that could be one of the best episodes ever if it was written as well as "Graduation" was. If the episiodes would be written with the same style and high quality storylines like "Graduation" was written, then we would have the best Season Five ever.

ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi THE FIGHT FOR FIVE LIVES HERE at the Ron Stoppable site.

The fight here at T.V.com is just one of many FIGHTS FOR FIVE. For those of you who love Kim Possible and don't want to let her go just yet and feel this show has so much more potential to go on, then join us at the Ron Stoppable site and check out the FIGHT FOR FIVE at the Ron Stoppable site. There's new Kim Possible fans joining us there at the Ron Stoppable site every day joining the FIGHT FOR FIVE.

Kim Possible can do anything, except save her show from cancellation. ONLY YOU, HER FANS CAN MAKE THAT DIFFERENCE and it starts with each one of you. THE SAVE KIM POSSIBLE continues with the next Save Kim Possible day being SEPTEMBER 15.

ben316

[152]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    I personally think the creators have to persue other endeavors. I understand how it is to have a big project become a success and need time away from it.As long as they are open to new challenges for Kp likeI have read from numerous interviews, blogs and chats then we will see KP again. It may take time but with a strong effort will have what we want as fans. If a person is truly a fan of the show, than no matter what challenges are ahead, a fan will fight on. I know the series is over, I get that, but the character and stories that need to be told have yet to be uncovered. I'm more than a fan of the show. I'm a fan of great writing, great animation and imagination. KP was one of the numerous shows I would fight for because of the messages that brings to an audience. Whether it wasshowing compassion to an enemy like Bonnie( Homecoming Upset) or giving less fortunate people a chanceto be a voice on the show( the two kids from make a wish) so much morale was expressed throughout the series.

elvisjj

[153]Sep 12, 2007

Too many great shows come to an end too fast, and very seldom do we fight for a good show to be renewed from cancellation. Take Family Guy, that was a show that should have never been cancelled but it was, and why? Only to be brought back and now Family Guy is more popular then ever before. Mistakes can be made and we can learn from those mistakes. Disney made a mistake in pre-maturely cancelling Kim Possible. I mean there's still so much stories left to tell in Kim Possible. WITHOUT TURNING IT INTO A SOAP OPERA LIKE SOME PEOPLE OUT THERE THINK. Good writing can balance out a series without turning it into a soap opera and then again what's wrong with having a show go soap opera anyways?

Isn't REAL LIFE like a soap opera? How many of you out there watch REALITY T.V.? Now why do you watch it, you know it's going to turn into a real life soap opera yet you still watch it? You watch it cause its a real life soap opera? Life can imitate art, such as in Survivor and The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. And how many of you out there can truly say your life isn't a soap opera in one way or the other? That your life hasn't sometimes felt like it's turned into a soap opera. SOAP OPERAS can be as real as real life, again it all depends on how it's played. Kim Possible could be turned into a soap opera of REAL LIFE, as I know my life sometimes is a soap opera and I know so many others who's lives can turn into soap operas. It's all to be seen, if the writing would be as good as it was for "Graduation" then fans would be pleasantly amused.

Not all of us will agree to Fighting for a fifth season and that's your choice to make. Some of you will be content with four seasons and letting Kim Possible go, again your choice too make. Your more then welcome to let the best ever Disney animated show which is so close to so many fans out there just disappear forever. Be the fan Disney wants you too be, just accept and let go. But for the rest of us that aren't followers and believe that Kim Possible deserves to continue on in some form or manner. Whether as a Season Five (which I would like too see) or as another Disney channel original movie or a Kim Possible animated Theatrical movie then you need to voice your opinion to Disney about it, cause otherwise Kim Possible is gone forever, just like Gargoyles and Gummi Bears, and so on.

The next SAVE KIM POSSIBLE DAY is Saturday September 15. Your voice will make all the difference for Kim and Ron.

db70905

[154]Sep 13, 2007

I have to give a tremendous amount of support to everyone here. The fact that we are all supporting a 5th season and a DVD box set. We all know it will be tough, which will make the fight that much more important and significant when we win. Even though I support this cause there is something else we need to focus on.

I am not sure if this was said yet, but we also need to fight to KeeP KP airing at a good time. After the megathon I tried to find KP airing during the week. I only saw it at 12:30 at night. Now a lot of people can't stay up to one in the morning due to school or work. I am one of those people. We now need to add one more fight, the fight to KeeP KP alive on disney in the afternoon. If she stops airing then we will lose some support and ratings will go down, making an already hard fight even harder.

Help to KeeP KP alive by KeePing her airing on Disney Channel.

elvisjj

[155]Sep 13, 2007

GOOD POINT db70905. We must ensure that Kim Possible at least stays on at a proper air time on the Disney Channel. Kim keeps drawing new fans and the only way Kim Possible can draw on new fans is if it's seen at a proper time when most fans or newcomers to Kim Possible can watch. Kim Possible on Disney Afternoons is A MUST. And it will be mentioned in our FIGHT FOR FIVE from NOW ON.

I will get that point out as making sure Kim Possible continues to air on Disney Afternoons is not just important to our cause at THE FIGHT FOR FIVE, it's also part of Kim's legacy to be still seen even if she's been cancelled.

Also I must remind everyone who's still FIGHTING FOR A SEASON FIVE. This Saturday September 15 2007 is SAVE KIM POSSIBLE DAY and once again you can mail out postcards and letters to the Walt Disney company, you can send fan art, faxes, and if you can't mail anything to Disney. Then please e-mail Disney executives at Walt Disney using your own e-mail address. The more demand there is for Kim Possible by fans, the more our chances of getting Disney to reconsider the cancellation of Kim Possible.

I've already sent out my postcards and I'll be e-mailing Disney on Saturday with a letter telling Disney just how much we want Kim Possible back. I've included all of Disney's mailing addresses and e-mail addresses below again.

Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable need you, this show needs you. YOUR VOICE will count if you want it too.

All the addresses are the same.

The Walt Disney studios
    500 S. Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521
    just change the person's name and wala it's done.

Write The Vice President of The Disney Channel
    Sean Cocchia
    Robert A. Iger,
    President and CEO of the Walt Disney Company
    Rich Ross,
    President and Director of The Disney Channel.
    The President of Cable and Network Group for ABC Broadcasting,
    Anne Sweeney
    Write The Vice President of The Disney Channel
    Sean Cocchia
    Write the Disney Channel Worldwide President of Entertainment
    Gary Marsh (he's important as he announce season four)
    Write The Head of animation production, Disney Channel Worldwide
    Lisa Salamone
    Write the Disney ABC Cable Networks Group Executive VP and CFO
    Jewell Engstrom
    Write the new Senior VP of Programming, Disney Channel.
    Scott Garner
    Write the Chairman of Walt Disney Studios
    Dick Cook

and then you can mail postcards/letters/shampoos to

Disney Channel Address
    Disney Channel, Attn: Viewer Requests/Programing
    3800 W. Alameda Ave 21st Floor
    Burbank, CA 91505

Write to
    Disney Studios Animation
    Public Relations Dept.
    500 S. Buena Vista St.
    Burbank, Ca. 91521

And for those of you e-mailing, here it is all the Disney e-mails

The Disney e-mail addresses..

memberservices@disneychannel.com; disneychannel@disneyonline.com; disneyinfo@disneyhelp.com; robert.a.iger@disney.com; rich.ross@disney.com; sean.cocchia@disney.com; gary.marsh@disney.com; sarah.shelton@disney.com; scott.garner@disney.com; karen.myer@disney.com; meredith.metz@disney.com; lisa.salamone@disney.com; joanna.spak@disney.com; mark.kenchelian@disney.com; jewell.engstrom@disney.com; olivia.stafford@disney.com; albert.cheng@disney.com; karen.hobson@disney.com; george.bodenheimer@disney.com; nicole.nichols@disney.com; aime.wolfe@disney.com; patti.mcteague@disney.com; siobhan.kenny@disney.com; paul.lee@disney.com; annie.fort@disney.com; alex.wallau@disney.com; david.westin@disney.com; mike.shaw@disney.com; fred.kuperberg@disney.com; kara.rousseau@disney.com; kim.harbin@disney.com; anne.gates@disney.com; james.fielding@disney.com; deborah.dugan@disney.com; graham.hopper@disney.com; angela.emery@disney.com; eric.maehara@disney.com; rick.rhoades@disney.com; robert.chapek@disney.com; peter.murphy@disney.com; jestrin@packetdesign.com; john.bryson@edisonintl.com; monica.lozano@laopinion.com; john.chen@sybase.com; gary.wilson@nwa.com; leo.odonovan@mbna.com; tom.staggs@disney.com; david.k.thompson@disney.com

Remember also to mention in your postcards/letters and e-mails to Disney to please make available DVD BOXSETS of all four seasons of Kim Possible for fans to be able to buy and enjoy worldwide.

elvisjj

[156]Sep 14, 2007

Saturday September 15 2007 is Save Kim Possible day. All of you who are still fighting for five this is the big day. Please send your e-mails and mail your letters, postcards to Disney. And good luck to you all.

TO THE FIGHT FOR FIVE, and Kim Possible. She can do anything, except save her ownshow from cancellation without your help.

Serious

[157]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 7

I love the Kim Possible show. I think its the best thing that disney has ever done. And I think that the fans all deserve a big hand for getting Disney to make a unprecedented 4th season. Now People are talking about making a 5 season. Well I wish you all luck. but this time I really doubt it will happen. I've heard that the creators of the series have left Disney. Not confirmed so I don't know if its true. Disney has been making a move towards 3D animation to be more like Pixar. Closed most of their 2D animation studios. Even the Toon Disney channel has been getting most of its shows from non Disney sources. The best we could hope for is a series of direct to DVD movies like Bambi II. I know that if Kim Possible were on Nickelodeon or even Cartoon Network it wouldn't be held to this ridiculous 3 season (4 in KP's place)Hits like Spongebob,Fairly Oddparents, Powerpuff girls couldn't have happen under Disney. Even some tired anime shows go on forever look at Pokemon.

Disney just doesn't get it. That they should listen to their fans. Time to make a Kim Possible Ride at Disneyland and world to help promote interest in the show. That's what Walt did. He made the his amusement parks interactive commercials. The way they moved Kim Possible about It was hard to catch all of the episode. Many of which I saw during the "Every episode possible marathon" Thank God Avatar is on Nick. I wish you all the best and will sign any list to keep the series going.

elvisjj

[158]Sep 15, 2007

Good post Serious. Your support is appreciated greatly. Except Disney isn't the only one who doesn't get it. Nickelodeon is doing the same thing to Danny Phantom another of my favorite animated shows. Kim Possible is still number one for me, but second is Danny Phantom and Danny's not getting treated to well by Nickelodeon either. I'm too busy with Save Kim Possible and convincing Disney to change their mind on this show to be able to fight for Danny Phantom or even have the time to see how the fans of Danny Phantom are reacting to possiblity that Danny Phantom might be no more.

For what I know and I could be wrong about this. But they've tried to wrap up Danny Phantom with a made for Nickelodeon original movie "Phantom Planet." I think that was the title, I saw it and it was totally awesome. Kim Possible's "Graduation" was just slightly better, but that could be just cause I'm such a huge fan of Kim Possible the series and Ron stepping up just blew me away. Anyways the way it seems is Nickelodeon is trying to do a Disney here. Just like Disney tried to wrap up Kim Possible with a Disney original movie "So the Drama." And had the fans not fought for a FOURTH SEASON, it really would have ended with Kim Possible "So the Drama."

Studios and networks won't learn anything if we just stand idle and let them do whatever they want to a show, especially a show that's still in it's prime and is loved by so many fans worldwide. Kim Possible is a show like that, also Danny Phantom. But studios and networks usually do whatever they want to do, cause no one will stand up against them. Well that's changed with THE FIGHT FOR FIVE. As I mentioned the FIGHT FOR FIVE isn't just a fight for Kim Possible, it isn't just a fight for Kim Possible DVD BOXSETS, it isn't just a fight alone for Kim Possible. It's a fight to make studios like Disney and Viacom and all the other big studios and networks out there be more responsible to their fans. To listen to their fans and make judgments that don't upset their fans. FANS MAKE A SHOW, FANS SHOULD BE THE ONES TO DECIDE WHEN IT ENDS, not a studio that only produces it for people to watch like Disney and Viacom.

As for the creators, Bob, Mark, and Steve so far it seems to point in the direction that they'd be interesting incontinuing to work on Kim Possible in the future, provided Disney wants them back. That's one of the reasons I feel "Graduation" was left so opened, so that they would have material to work with if there was a Season Five.

So for those of you wholove Kim Possible and want to see this show continue. VOICE YOUR OPINION TO DISNEY. Today is the day. Today is SAVE KIM POSSIBLE DAY as it'sSaturday September15. All the information you need tomailpostcards and letters to Disney or send e-mails to Disney is available on this page...THE FIGHT FOR FIVE.

in doing further Kim Possible

lazyjay

[159]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 30

elvisjj wrote:
    Studios and networks won't learn anything if we just stand idle and let them do whatever they want to a show, especially a show that's still in it's prime and is loved by so many fans worldwide. Kim Possible is a show like that, also Danny Phantom. But studios and networks usually do whatever they want to do, cause no one will stand up against them.
    Studios and networks are businesses, and they are in the business of making... not entertainment... MONEY. What they do isn't based on random whimsy but on serious market research indicating where the most profit will be. If they woke up tomorrow and found that they had the opportunity and ability to earn more profit by selling oil filters then that's what they would do. The leaders of the companies owe it to their shareholders to take whatever actions they truely believe will bring in the most money over the long term.

Disney Channel's ability (skill set) lies in marketing and delivering entertainment products that appeal to a family based audience so their advertisements for theme parks and other media will be viewed by the widest possible audience. Disney has no vendetta against any particular show, they are doing what they think will bring in the most viewers. It's easy to take pot-shots at big corporations because they're the biggest targets. Past efforts to revive old shows have relied on media exposure painting the corporations as "The Big Bad Guys" and the fans as "The Virtuous Underdogs" - in our society we almost always root for the underdog so that's why the efforts sometimes succeed. Gimicks like letter writing campaigns and sending objects (nuts, shampoo) to executives are underdog tactics... The corporations don't want to look bad so they acquiesce. However, this is a double edged sword... Media covereage is fleeting and old news is largely ignored. "KP Fans Fight Disney" is an old story... most people don't care anymore because it was done before.

When attempting to revive an old product/show you need to understand things from the perspective of those who deliver that product. If you truely want to see KP continue, show the heads of Disney things they will believe... real honest-to-goodness market research indicating that viewership (profit) will increase if they order more episodes. Don't try to be cute about it... just give them the hard numbers.

Okay, so that was a bigger rant than I intended. My point is, don't blame the corporation, blame the consumer. The corporations wouldn't be around if they didn't provide what the consumers are looking for. If public opinion has shifted against resuming KP production then we won't see any new KP content until that opinion shifts back. Cajoling or insulting fans of a particular product (KP) is not the way to revive interest. Don't try to make people feel bad about it ending (or about them wanting it to end), make people feel good about the prospect of it continuing. Happy always outsells sad.

Also, a lesson I need to learn agian... LARGE BLOCKS OF TEXT ARE NOT EFFECTIVE. Short and sweet. Keep it simple. Don't say what you want to say, say what the reader weants to read.

Edited on 09/15/2007 9:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

kittiekat10105

[160]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 18

twinsthatrule wrote:
    IT FINALLY ENDED. Now u don't have to save it. It ended.

thank you for depressing me even more.