Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

So What Next for Kim Possible

So What Next for Kim Possible?

bigstay2k

[1]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    During an Interview with the creator's of Kim Possible. Mark and Bob said that Kim Possible may come back in some other form. Live action, maybe? Here'sthe link http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2007/09/06/does-graduation-actually-bring-kim-possible-s-career-to-a-close-maybe.aspx
    Edited on 09/09/2007 9:25pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ben316

[2]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    Pray, hope, and fight for a theatrical release

DavidHazuki

[3]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    Probably another video game, that seems to make the most sense.

[4]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 8
    Disney should make a theaterical movie. They probably will. And then, a game that somehow loosely follows said movie's events will come out. CGI would be unique, but a little odd looking, I think; especially if not done right. Cartoon maybe, movie definitely. Spin-off could happen, but I don't know. And it's definitely not the series' end. KP will continue in some form.
    Edited on 09/11/2007 12:19pm

MisterMatthews

[5]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    I hope this will be the end. The show is over, everything has ended. All storylines have been resolved. What would a spin-off or movie be about? Kim in college?'That wouldn't be about the KP-universe we love so much anymore.

spiky_scribbler

[6]Sep 11, 2007
    Live action would rock- I keep trying to imagine Kim and Ron as real people. It's difficult, to say the least. Well, any full-length film would be cool. I think they're done with episodes, though.

ben316

[7]Sep 11, 2007

The director said he would be on board for a movie set 4 years in the future

ben316

[8]Sep 11, 2007

why do you want KP universe to be a memory?

elvisjj

[9]Sep 11, 2007

A SEASON FIVE, for all the Kim Possible fans out there that want it. After "Graduation" there were lots of loose ends left behind and Kim Possible can easily go another two more seasons. For those who've seen and remember the ABC situation comedy series "Boy Meets World." Cory and Topanga were allowed to go from elementary school, to high school, and then off to College. During that time the writing still stayed fresh and the storylines developed even better with time as it did with Kim Possible's fourth season. The fans of "Boy Meets World" got to see exactly what happened between Cory and Topanga from six or seven years olds to full grown adults and within that time they got to see Cory propose to Topanga and you got to see Cory and Topanga get married. All of this within the seasons the show was on, which I think was seven seasons.

So why can't Kim Possible be given the same respect and dignity of us seeing Kim and Ron go to college, their adventures continue, then eventually we could see Ron propose to Kim just before graduating from College? That could be the perfect series finale for the series. I'm sure there's millions of fans out there that would love to see Ron propose to Kim and they'd graduate from College together and then it's almost a wrap.

Then Disney out of it's kindness could wrap it all up with an animated theatrical Kim Possible movie where everything is completely wrapped up, as Kim and Ron get married in the movie and you could have tons of other surprises added to it, as it would be anything but easy for Kim and Ron to get married, of course in the end of the movie they would get married, but it could turn out to be quite a challenge. Now there's a true WALT DISNEY HAPPY ENDING.

So for the growing list of us Kim Possible fans out there. The Next step for Kim Possible is to come back with a SEASON FIVE.

A FIGHT FOR FIVE is what's next for Kim Possible fans.

MisterMatthews

[10]Sep 12, 2007

elvisjj wrote:
    A SEASON FIVE, for all the Kim Possible fans out there that want it.

Doing something just because 'the fans want it' seldom results in a good show.

elvisjj wrote:
    After "Graduation" there were lots of loose ends left behind

The only loose end was whether Kim and Ron would end up in the same college.

elvisjj wrote:
    and Kim Possible can easily go another two more seasons.

I prefer quality instead of quantity.

elvisjj wrote:
    For those who've seen and remember the ABC situation comedy series "Boy Meets World." Cory and Topanga were allowed to go from elementary school, to high school, and then off to College. During that time the writing still stayed fresh and the storylines developed even better with time as it did with Kim Possible's fourth season. The fans of "Boy Meets World" got to see exactly what happened between Cory and Topanga from six or seven years olds to full grown adults and within that time they got to see Cory propose to Topanga and you got to see Cory and Topanga get married. All of this within the seasons the show was on, which I think was seven seasons.

As a big FAN of 'Boy meets World' (hence my screen-name, named after Cory Matthews) I can tell you, almost all fans agree that season 7 was terrible. The writing got extremely poor, all characters became cartoon characters, all of them started overacting, they were all out-of-character, plots were recycled etc. Cory and Topanga got married, but getting married when you're 19 was stretching it a bit too far. Besides, the writers turned their wedding into a circus (lots of fans complain about that - check out the tv.com forum for the show). And after the wedding, they had nowhere to live, which was so out-of-character for Topanga. So to give BMW as an example to push more KP seasons, might not be a good way to persuade people. Also, season 4 wasn't as good as the first three either.

elvisjj wrote:
    So why can't Kim Possible be given the same respect and dignity of us seeing Kim and Ron go to college, their adventures continue, then eventually we could see Ron propose to Kim just before graduating from College?

Why is it NOT 'respectful' or 'not dignified'to end the series with season 4? What's the 'dignity' and 'respect' about more seasons? I don't see how you could use such terms regarding a tv-show. 'The end' simply means the end. All series must end sometimes. Why would you want to see Ron propose? You turn KP into a soap opera!

elvisjj wrote:
    That could be the perfect series finale for the series. I'm sure there's millions of fans out there that would love to see Ron propose to Kim and they'd graduate from College together and then it's almost a wrap.

Why would millions of fans want KP turned into a soap opera?

elvisjj wrote:
    Then Disney out of it's kindness could wrap it all up with an animated theatrical Kim Possible movie where everything is completely wrapped up, as Kim and Ron get married in the movie and you could have tons of other surprises added to it, as it would be anything but easy for Kim and Ron to get married, of course in the end of the movie they would get married, but it could turn out to be quite a challenge. Now there's a true WALT DISNEY HAPPY ENDING.

That's all just not what KP was/is about.

[11]Sep 12, 2007

I will admit, having Kim, & Ron get married, well,... it would sorta seem like fan-service, & be too much soap-oper-ish. I would be happy with more seasons, only as long as the quality of it remains as it is now-high.

Also, I'm not one, to say "true KP fans". Fandom comes on all different levels.

kittiekat10105

[12]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 18

MisterMatthews wrote:
    I hope this will be the end. The show is over, everything has ended. All storylines have been resolved. What would a spin-off or movie be about? Kim in college?'That wouldn't be about the KP-universe we love so much anymore.

We are NOT going to get along so well are we? Movie.

HEY THIS IS MY 250TH POST!!!!!

Edited on 09/12/2007 7:00pm

EddyBob15

[14]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 30
    MisterMatthews wrote:

elvisjj wrote:
    A SEASON FIVE, for all the Kim Possible fans out there that want it.

Doing something just because 'the fans want it' seldom results in a good show.

elvisjj wrote:
    After "Graduation" there were lots of loose ends left behind

The only loose end was whether Kim and Ron would end up in the same college.

elvisjj wrote:
    and Kim Possible can easily go another two more seasons.

I prefer quality instead of quantity.

elvisjj wrote:
    For those who've seen and remember the ABC situation comedy series "Boy Meets World." Cory and Topanga were allowed to go from elementary school, to high school, and then off to College. During that time the writing still stayed fresh and the storylines developed even better with time as it did with Kim Possible's fourth season. The fans of "Boy Meets World" got to see exactly what happened between Cory and Topanga from six or seven years olds to full grown adults and within that time they got to see Cory propose to Topanga and you got to see Cory and Topanga get married. All of this within the seasons the show was on, which I think was seven seasons.

As a big FAN of 'Boy meets World' (hence my screen-name, named after Cory Matthews) I can tell you, almost all fans agree that season 7 was terrible. The writing got extremely poor, all characters became cartoon characters, all of them started overacting, they were all out-of-character, plots were recycled etc. Cory and Topanga got married, but getting married when you're 19 was stretching it a bit too far. Besides, the writers turned their wedding into a circus (lots of fans complain about that - check out the tv.com forum for the show). And after the wedding, they had nowhere to live, which was so out-of-character for Topanga. So to give BMW as an example to push more KP seasons, might not be a good way to persuade people. Also, season 4 wasn't as good as the first three either.

elvisjj wrote:
    So why can't Kim Possible be given the same respect and dignity of us seeing Kim and Ron go to college, their adventures continue, then eventually we could see Ron propose to Kim just before graduating from College?

Why is it NOT 'respectful' or 'not dignified'to end the series with season 4? What's the 'dignity' and 'respect' about more seasons? I don't see how you could use such terms regarding a tv-show. 'The end' simply means the end. All series must end sometimes. Why would you want to see Ron propose? You turn KP into a soap opera!

elvisjj wrote:
    That could be the perfect series finale for the series. I'm sure there's millions of fans out there that would love to see Ron propose to Kim and they'd graduate from College together and then it's almost a wrap.

Why would millions of fans want KP turned into a soap opera?

elvisjj wrote:

That's all just not what KP was/is about.

I'll thank you not to diss Elvisjj. He is a good friend of mine and I value his opinions on this situation. What you think of them is your choice, but don't be so harsh about it.

elvisjj

[15]Sep 12, 2007

Thanks for the back up there eddybob, but he of course has the right to his own opinion. I mean each and everyone of you on this site have the right to your opinion. You each must do what you feel is right and what your heart tells you too do. As kittiekat puts it best, we will not all agree here. Cause a lot of you have already made up your mind to just let Kim Possible disappear forever, of course following the typical path that Studios like Disney expect you too do. That's why studios like Disney do what they do, (as well as Viacom with Danny Phantom) cause they know in the end they'll win and 99 percent of the time they do win. Cause fans give up and just accept it and move on, they will reminisce about there beloved show, like so many of you do here reminising about how great Kim Possible was as a show and how much she will be missed.

And all that's fine. I mean as I said before you each have the right to your own opinion and how you feel about the show. But you also have a choice as well. You don't have to listen or be a follower to what studios tell you. Just because a shows been cancelled it doesn't mean you can't do anything about it. You are not helpless, you are not powerless, and even though Disney is so much greater in resources then you are, it doesn't mean Disney's right and you can't do anything about it.

Your voice counts, your opinion counts. One voice can be ignored, a hundred voices can still be shoved aside, a thousand voices can be silenced, half million voices around the world crying out for the same thing ("Give us back Kim Possible") must be heard! You'd be surprised to learn just how powerful YOUR VOICE really can become.

Unfortunately now a days your taught to be follower, to accept what is given, to accept the system as it is, to never challenge what is obviously considered right by a few people who make the decisions for you! This can be said in both government and in the case of Kim Possible. Disney has made the decision for youand now your expected to accept it. Cause you really can't do anything about it even if you don't accept it. So accept it, say your goodbyes to Kim Possible and move on and let Disney decide for you what to watch next, probably some live action show which will be a soap opera, but you'll accept it, watch it and eventually learn to love it. Cause that's what you've been told too do and you'll follow the system exactly like they expect you too.

Big Brother exists, you might not want to accept it or agree to it, but it has been around since I was a kid and I'm in my late thirties now and I still see it happening. Except now a days we challenge the system even less and we accept even more.

I'm not here to debate how great "Boy meets World" was, in my opinion season seven was great, not excellent, but great. I liked the closure, yes it was kind of campy, yes it was a soap opera in some sense. BUT IT WAS A REAL LIFE SOAP OPERA. And how many of you out there can't relate to a REAL LIFE SOAP OPERA? I mean isn't your life somewhat of a real soap opera? Isn't also those reality shows out there somewhat of a real life soap opera? Yet you watch it. Ratings have never been higher then reality soap operas like Survivor, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Temptation Island, you name it. The more the soap opera it becomes the more the viewership rises. So a little soap opera added to Kim Possible might not be all such a bad thing.

In the end it all depends on how good the writers would be at juggling around a Season Five of Kim Possible with Kim and Ron being in college together. If they simply transplated what was a hit with Middleton high and changed it to Middletoncollege and put Bonnie and Monique there and got Mr. Barken back. You'd have the same successful formula Kim Possible had before, except this time around it would be with moregrown uplike issues which could still be dealth with in a tradition Disney like style of writing. Let's give some credit where credit is due, "Graduation" was awesome writing. If the writers can keep up that high quality of writing and if Bob, Mark, and Steve which I hope would consider to come back to the show. You'd have the same Kim Possible we all love so much, for a little bit longer.

lord_victorino

[16]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 4

Hi elvisjj,

For what it's worth, I'm with you. I too, want more KP in some shape or form. And it's not becauseIwould watch any Show about a Sock Puppet just because it is Called Kim Possible. I believe that wecan have booth Quality and Quantitiy. Some people here want toplay it safe and lock themselves up in a Safe Room with their Kim Possible Video's Season 1 - 4, and I wish them all of the best. But for me, If and when KP and Ron do indeed journeyto the Stars, I would like to be with them all of the way.And if there is any chance I can help make this happen, I'm all for it. All I ask, is thateither you lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Here are a couple of Quotes that I looked up:

We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."

"Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Walt Disney

Please and Thank You,

Tony M. Victorino

[17]Sep 13, 2007

Guys! We don't need to all argue with one another. I mean, this a discussion thread, for discussions, & definitely not arguments. It's starting to seem that the "Fight For Five/KP" is staring to violently, but suredly divide us all, the KP fans. We shouldn't argue. We should just discuss these topics rationaly. I said above, that I didn't like saying "true" KP fan, & I mean thatas in reference to how anyone feels on any given topic about KP. I will say, that some "true" KP fans, want KP to end, for whatever reason; most likely they want KP to end on a high, not a low, but there are other reasons also. I'm just giving an example. And some "true" KP fans want KP to continue, for whatever reason{s}. My point is, people treat their shows, wheather their the persons' favorites, or not, differently. Some "true" fans treat their shows passionatly, while other "true" fans don't, or at least, not so passionatly. In any case, a debate is not meant to divide people violently, & make us all angry at each other. A debate is just that, a peaceful conversation that has everyone sharing ideas & thoughts, & definitelynot hate, sarcasm, & anger. It just so happens that the KP fanbase is composed of "true" fans, that want KP to end, & other "true" fans that want KP to continue. This fighting, & bickering is ridiculous. And most assuredly, it's pointless! Internet forums have lost, & still lose too many people, to these violent divisions. I'm not saying debating is bad, I'm just saying it's starting to seem like it's getting out of control. Not everyone's going to agree, but agreeing, or not, doesn't have to be done so sharply, & sarcastic with one another. That's what these forums are for, peacful debates.

I think the next KP anything will be a theatrical movie. Disney did it with "Lizzie McGuire", why wouldn't they do it? Aside from loss of interest in KP?

lazyjay

[18]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 30

Or, to put it shortly...

Feel free to disagree with each other... just be respectful about it!

*edit* Oh yeah, I forgot to post my on topic spiel.

I think KP has had a well rounded existance and it is now time to put it to bed and live with our fond memories of it. The story has been told and told well and now it is over. The future belongs to the "Great Unknown" and our imaginations.

Edited on 09/13/2007 12:44am

[19]Sep 13, 2007
    lazyjay wrote:

Or, to put it shortly...

Feel free to disagree with each other... just be respectful about it!

Thank You, LazyJay, I'm long winded at times.
    Edited on 09/13/2007 12:10pm

MisterMatthews

[20]Sep 13, 2007
    EddyBob15 wrote:
    I'll thank you not to diss Elvisjj. He is a good friend of mine and I value his opinions on this situation. What you think of them is your choice, but don't be so harsh about it.

Sheesh, why can't people have different opinions on this board without immediatlybeing accused of "dissing" or "being harsh"? It's just a tv-show we're disagreeing over. I was only voicing another opinion, nothing more. Get over yourself already. This forum truly is full of close-minded people.

Edited on 09/13/2007 12:33pm
    Edited 2 total times.