Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

So What Next for Kim Possible

So What Next for Kim Possible?

MisterMatthews

[21]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 5

elvisjj wrote:
    Thanks for the back up there eddybob, but he of course has the right to his own opinion. I mean each and everyone of you on this site have the right to your opinion. You each must do what you feel is right and what your heart tells you too do.

Thank you. I appreciate that very much.

elvisjj wrote:
    As kittiekat puts it best, we will not all agree here. Cause a lot of you have already made up your mind to just let Kim Possible disappear forever, of course following the typical path that Studios like Disney expect you too do. That's why studios like Disney do what they do, (as well as Viacom with Danny Phantom) cause they know in the end they'll win and 99 percent of the time they do win. Cause fans give up and just accept it and move on, they will reminisce about there beloved show, like so many of you do here reminising about how great Kim Possible was as a show and how much she will be missed.

And all that's fine. I mean as I said before you each have the right to your own opinion and how you feel about the show. But you also have a choice as well. You don't have to listen or be a follower to what studios tell you. Just because a shows been cancelled it doesn't mean you can't do anything about it. You are not helpless, you are not powerless, and even though Disney is so much greater in resources then you are, it doesn't mean Disney's right and you can't do anything about it.

Just a question: why do you automatically assume we have 'given up' on Kim Possible because 'that's what Disney wants'? I know I don't do 'what Disney wants'. I couldn't care less 'what Disney wants'. I don't even know what they want. Make more money, I guess, that's why they agreed to make a fourth season of KP. But I don't want another season of KP because I believe it ended when it was at its peak -- or even, as I said, a little over its peak already. I'm afraid a fifth season would me more of a disappointment. If there's one thing I hate, it's perfectly good shows dragging on for way to long just because they can squeeze some more money out of it. As long as people are watching, they will continue them. But that doesn't mean quality stays the same. Often those shows end up 'jumping the shark' and then still continuing for some more years. Popularity has little to do with quality. I, and I think all other people who want the series to end now, are concerned the show would be damaged if it would be dragged on.

elvisjj wrote:
    Your voice counts, your opinion counts. One voice can be ignored, a hundred voices can still be shoved aside, a thousand voices can be silenced, half million voices around the world crying out for the same thing ("Give us back Kim Possible") must be heard! You'd be surprised to learn just how powerful YOUR VOICE really can become.

Unfortunately now a days your taught to be follower, to accept what is given, to accept the system as it is, to never challenge what is obviously considered right by a few people who make the decisions for you! This can be said in both government and in the case of Kim Possible. Disney has made the decision foryouandnow your expected to accept it. Cause you really can't do anything about it even if you don't accept it. So accept it, say your goodbyes to Kim Possible and move on and let Disney decide for you what to watch next, probably some live action show which will be a soap opera, but you'll accept it, watch it and eventually learn to love it. Cause that's what you've been told too do and you'll follow the system exactly like they expect you too.

Big Brother exists, you might not want to accept it or agree to it, but it has been around since I was a kid and I'm in my late thirties now and I still see it happening. Except now a days we challenge the system even less and we accept even more.

I don't want to sound disrespectful (and I don't try nor intend to be), but can I ask you why you don't put this kind of passion, this kind of true, accurate observations about real life ("every voice counts", "you're taught being sheep, don't fall for it") and ability to speak so clearly about them to politics? Really, you provide good observations and resolutions, but I'm of the opinion that they don't apply to just a tv-show. Because KP is just that: a tv-show. It's nothing earth-shattering, nothing elementary, nothing vital, nothing we can't live without. But I think your rhetoric matches politics so much better. People shouldn't be taught to be sheep, yet they are-- in politics. People think their voices don't matter, so they don't vote, but their votes DO matter -- in politics. People can be lead to fight the establishment by speakers like you, but why Disney? That's not important.

(I know this IS gravely off-topic and if you don't want to answer, of course you don't have to, but I felt the need to tell this to you. We need to tell people all the things you summed up. Just not about Disney imo, but about politics.)

elvisjj wrote:
    I'm not here to debate how great "Boy meets World" was, in my opinion season seven was great, not excellent, but great. I liked the closure, yes it was kind of campy, yes it was a soap opera in some sense. BUT IT WAS A REAL LIFE SOAP OPERA. And how many of you out there can't relate to a REAL LIFE SOAP OPERA? I mean isn't your life somewhat of a real soap opera? Isn't also those reality shows out there somewhat of a real life soap opera?

No, it's nothing like that. I think nobody's life is like a soap opera. Soap operas are super-imposed images of reality. They're blown up, out of proportion, overly dramatized and completely unbelievable with exaggerations and storylines that would never happen in real life.

elvisjj wrote:
    Yet you watch it. Ratings have never been higher then reality soap operas like Survivor, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Temptation Island, you name it. The more the soap opera it becomes the more the viewership rises. So a little soap opera added to Kim Possible might not be all such a bad thing.

I don't watch them. And that's what I mean when I say popularity has little to do with quality.

elvisjj wrote:
    In the end it all depends on how good the writers would be at juggling around a Season Five of Kim Possible with Kim and Ron being in college together.

But the creators have moved on to other projects. They're not coming back. They have other work now.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ben316

[22]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 2
    Actually you're wrong, the VIPS are open to new projects for KP. Their contracts ran out with disney and were presented with new incentives at NICK. They should go for new shows sometimes you need time away. If you want to move on after season3 thats you , respects that. Nonethe great cartoons of the 80's , 90's, orin2000 have stopped at three seasons. I can give a list of great shows. CURRENTLY,one of the writers for KP works withTHE BATMAN series which is in season 4. I agree to disagree with you MRMATTHEWS. Creativity to me is infinite and so is great story telling, especially in animation. In another Forum writers and VIPS still chat KP. For some KP was their beginning. If they feel they would not mind a returning to work for KP than I'll ride with them. If the VIPS said they never wanted to see KP again I'd understand that as well,but none of them has said that. For you its television show, and I agree with you on that, but to some its more I may not share all their passion but I respect it. The reason I liked the show was because it meant for 30 minutes I didn't have to censor anything or explain to kids I counsel. Those kids faces lighted everytime it was on. For 30 minutes they forgot their reality. Thats why I wouldn't mind seeing it go on to 5. I think the series is over, but a movie is a more realistic goal.I bet if Kp did go to 5 or a movie was produced everyone here would watch or go see it. No matter if you think it should have ended after season 3. Mad respect for the fans who dream and fans who have nothing to dream about.

MisterMatthews

[23]Sep 14, 2007

ben316 wrote:
    Actually you're wrong, the VIPS are open to new projects for KP. Their contracts ran out with disney and were presented with new incentives at NICK.

So they are working on a show for Nickelodeon now, right? What if it becomes succesful, and Nick asks for more seasons? They won't have time for another KP season. But if they wish to return on KP, that's fine by me and that would be cool for all the KP fans.

ben316 wrote:
    If you want to move on after season3 thats you , respects that.

Don't get me wrong: if they would make another season, I would definately watch it, because I'm a fan of KP. But I would be sceptical of the project and probably would think it's not as good as it used to be.

ben316 wrote:
    For you its television show, and I agree with you on that, but to some its more I may not share all their passion but I respect it.

I respect it, too, but it sounds a little silly to me to use "big brother is watching" and "fight the establishment" to save a tv-show, I'm sorry, but that's me.

ben316 wrote:
    The reason I liked the show was because it meant for 30 minutes I didn't have to censor anything or explain to kids I counsel. Those kids faces lighted everytime it was on. For 30 minutes they forgot their reality.

That's a nice story.

MisterMatthews

[24]Sep 15, 2007
    I think a spin-off would be better than a new season. Maybe a spin-off starring Team Go and Shego?

elvisjj

[25]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 9

Sheesh, why can't people have different opinions on this board without immediatly being accused of "dissing" or "being harsh"? It's just a tv-show we're disagreeing over. I was only voicing another opinion, nothing more. ---- relax MisterMatthews I get what your trying to say and I agree with you at least in that principle. Everyone here should be allowed to voice their opinion in whatever way they feel. This is an open dialogue here and everyone is entitled to their say. No one should be attacked for their views or opinions, there's a thing out there that I'm sure your as familiar with as I am.."WE CAN ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE." We don't have to agree to each others opinions, but we must at least respect them, as I do yours. I don't agree with it, but nevertheless I respect it.

As for Kim Possible being just a television show. Yes too a point I have to agree, it is a television show. It's shown on your television, so its a television show. But that's as far as I agree.For myselfand for so many Kim Possible fans out there worldwide.Kim Possible means so much more then just a television show. Kim and Ron are like family that we've invited into our homes each week, to chill, to hang out with, to listen and watch. Kim and Ron are more then just animated, cartoon characters. It's like Kim and Ron have almost taken on a human likeessence. We feel for Ron, as we feel for Kim. We share their joy, we share their sorrow, we share their love for each other.There's just as many Shego and Drakken fans out there that share the same feelings for Shego and Drakken, as Kim and Ron fans share for Kim and Ron. Kim Possible has become larger then life when it comes to the way fans feel about this show. Losing KimPossible to many fans out there worldwide is like losing a best friend or losing someone that you care about deeply, it hurts, it shouldn't, but it does. That makes Kim Possible so much more then just a television show. It makes Kim Possible almost real to all her fans out there.

don't want to sound disrespectful (and I don't try nor intend to be), but can I ask you why you don't put this kind of passion, this kind of true, accurate observations about real life ("every voice counts", "you're taught being sheep, don't fall for it") and ability to speak so clearly about them to politics? ---- No disrespect taken, I know what you mean and what your trying to say here. Hey I'm no Winston Churchill here, but passion and inspiration is something we all have. It's just some of us choose to express it more then others. Great speeches start from the heart, the mind, and the soul, and releasing your true feelings, again each of us have that ability. It's again up to you to use it. As for politics do you really think I'd be elected or have a shot? People listen to great speeches and then when the time comes to vote, they forget about the great speech and elect whoever they've been told to elect by the media, or by public opinion polls out there. It's not everyone out there who's fooled by the media or public opinion polls. There are many people out there who elect with common sense, but their in the minor unfortunately and that's why politics is what it is. Changing the world MisterMatthews starts by changing one thing at a time, even if it's as meager as saving the show you love in this case Kim Possible. Standing up to a mega corporation like Disney and actually convincing them with just ordinary people like myself to change their minds on a show is a first step to believing in what you can acheive if you really put your heart, your soul, your passion and your time into it.

Many Kim Possible fans out there worldwide who feel they would really like to see more Kim Possible episodes need to know that their opinions, their voices, their feelings can be heard, expressed, and that they are not helpless to do anything about it. Just because Disney has decided to cancel their favorite show, it doesn't mean that they can't do something about it. It doesn't mean they have to just expect it because Disney is this mega corporation and there's no way in the world they can win against Disney. That's just wrong in my opinion. I know howKim Possiblefans out there feel as I've been FIGHTING FOR FIVE since April of this year and now more then ever before we're getting the largest support of Kim Possiblefans coming to THE FIGHT FOR FIVE at the Ron Stoppable site and most of these KP fans really, truly love this show and don't want it too end. BUT THEY NEVER FELT THEY COULD DO ANYTHING, that they could possibly CHALLENGE A MEGA CORPORATION LIKE DISNEY. Why would Disney even care or listen too them? They felt their voices would never be heard, that they'd be just dismissed, ignored, and that's usual how it is, but when people stand up in numbers and the numbers continue to grow.A cause is born and VOICES IN THE END ARE HEARD.

Everything I preach about the show, I believe in, and I understand your concerns when it comes to Kim Possible and a season five. There's many fans out there that feel orare afraid Kim Possible would jump the shark and in the end you would all be disappointed with a season five. So playing it safe is thealternative.Ending Kim Possible with "Graduation." Now again that's fine with some Kim Possible fans, while others will strongly disagree with that. Again coming back to what I said in the beginning, AGREE TO DISAGREE. The only true way we'd know how good a season FIVE would be, is if we get it. And if we get a season Five then there could be a chance for a future spin-off of Kim Possible after Kim Possible would end after another season or two. Your suggestion is possible, Team-Go spin-off, or maybe Jim and Tim spin-offon their own, who knows? Anyways I have strong fate in Kim Possible, I have strong fate when it comesto Kim and Ron, I have just as muchfate in the writers that if they can deliver storylines like in "So the Drama" and my personal favorite now "Graduation". Then there's hope for a really great season five. I have the strongestfatewhen it comes toBob, Mark, and Steve if they choose to come back to the show, if Disney calls them back. The creators have left it open to work on Kim Possiblein the future if there asked to comeback that is.

The stage is set, lights, camera, action. For many of us out there what's next for Kim Possible is THE FIGHT FOR FIVE to get a season five, or another original Disney Channel movie, or a theatrical Kim Possible animated movie. For the rest of you Kim Possible fans out there. The choice is completely up too you as to what's next for Kim Possible.

moonlight529

[26]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 8

I think it might be a anime series of KP......why you ask......because you know 'The PowerPuff Girls' got cancelled too. And after some year or so The PPG got an anime show called "Power Puff Z". And since KP is almost is like that, They may make her an anime show too. The Creators did say that KP might look different, but they never said she wasn't going to be a anime! It might be really cool if they did that.

And here are a few examples on how the characters might look like (art by dvdice)...

Kim in anime form

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ron in anime form

Bonnie in anime form

Monique

Yori

Shego

Killer Bebe

~if that doesn't work out, I wish it would be computer animated or have a dcom of kim in real form....

MajehKing

[27]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 16
    While I must say those anime pictures are incredible...they don't sit as well with me than the American animation. Anime has a habit of making things look too cute. They cannot make expressions without seeming too comical. In short, while superior in form, anime looks too cartoonie.

Now I love anime from the moment Toonami hit the tv waves back in '96, and while it may be cool to see an anime movie about this, the Japanese style wouldn't do KP justice.

Once again, love the pictures.

Llama_guy

[28]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 53
    I have had my thoughts to an anime version of KP for some time now, and personally, I think it would be great Of course, it would never be the same, really, but it would still be awesome to watch KP in an anime version.

MajehKing

[29]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 16
    I love the KP style of animation. I wonder what certain anime characters (Spike Spiegal, Sailor Moon, Goku) would look like as drawn by the KP artists.

Maetch

[30]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 7

MajehKing wrote:
    I love the KP style of animation. I wonder what certain anime characters (Spike Spiegal, Sailor Moon, Goku) would look like as drawn by the KP artists.

Well, Sailor Moon would look like this:

http://enigmawing.deviantart.com/art/Moon-Prism-Possible-38815968

MisterMatthews

[31]Sep 17, 2007

moonlight529 wrote:
    And here are a few examples on how the characters might look like (art by dvdice)...

Nice. But all the female characters have like their breasts twice as big. Would Disney allow that?

Llama_guy

[32]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 53
    MisterMatthews wrote:

moonlight529 wrote:

Nice. But all the female characters have like their breasts twice as big. Would Disney allow that?

Yeah, well, that's how anime is But, maybe Disney would sell the rights to it to another company
    Edited on 09/17/2007 12:39pm

WAVY10

[33]Sep 18, 2007
    ben316 wrote:
    Pray, hope, and fight for a theatrical release

You may want to add that it stays a cartoon. They've already wrecked Garfield and now the Chipmunks by doing the movie in CGI.

ben316

[34]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 2

GREAT PONIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

minister_magic

[35]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 13

still i would like a kim possible moive no matter how it looked

spiky_scribbler

[36]Sep 23, 2007

Wow. Great anime- I love seeing Kim in different forms.

I don't know if it'd work for a series. Anime is cool 'n all, but I don't think it'd work for Kim. It's fun to imagine, though.

EddyBob15

[37]Sep 24, 2007
    • level: 30
    First off, I think Garfield and Alvin being CGI is pretty neat, so don't insult them. Second, I'd hate to see parodies of KP.

lazyjay

[38]Sep 25, 2007
    • level: 30
    When I was a kid I loved Garfield, but when I saw one of the Garfield CGI movies (I don't remember which)... it made me wish I had been temporarily deaf and blind. Starts with Cr and rhymes with map.

I agree that parodies of KP would be less than successful... parodies are great, but KP should be parodying other media. Parodies of parodies are usually not funny.

I think that an Anime version of KP wouldn't qualify as parody as much as tribute... however, I think some of the magic would be lost. Part of the attraction of KP was the look and style of the animation. Change that and it would take away from the series.

lord_victorino

[39]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 4

What's next for Kim Possible?

Well, at lease Disney is still using Kim Possible for promotions. That is a Good Sign.

http://psc.disney.go.com/abcnetworks/toondisney/halloween/index.html

Please and Thank You,

Tony M. Victorino

geekyguy65

[40]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 11

How about a different series called kim possible:the new sitch and it focuses around ron and kim's kids.like kim's daughter saving the world