Disney Channel (ended 2007)

So What Next for Kim Possible

So What Next for Kim Possible?

MBII_Dolla_Bill

[41]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 3
    MisterMatthews wrote:

elvisjj wrote:
    A SEASON FIVE, for all the Kim Possible fans out there that want it.

Doing something just because 'the fans want it' seldom results in a good show.

elvisjj wrote:
    After "Graduation" there were lots of loose ends left behind

The only loose end was whether Kim and Ron would end up in the same college.

elvisjj wrote:
    and Kim Possible can easily go another two more seasons.

I prefer quality instead of quantity.

elvisjj wrote:
    For those who've seen and remember the ABC situation comedy series "Boy Meets World." Cory and Topanga were allowed to go from elementary school, to high school, and then off to College. During that time the writing still stayed fresh and the storylines developed even better with time as it did with Kim Possible's fourth season. The fans of "Boy Meets World" got to see exactly what happened between Cory and Topanga from six or seven years olds to full grown adults and within that time they got to see Cory propose to Topanga and you got to see Cory and Topanga get married. All of this within the seasons the show was on, which I think was seven seasons.

As a big FAN of 'Boy meets World' (hence my screen-name, named after Cory Matthews) I can tell you, almost all fans agree that season 7 was terrible. The writing got extremely poor, all characters became cartoon characters, all of them started overacting, they were all out-of-character, plots were recycled etc. Cory and Topanga got married, but getting married when you're 19 was stretching it a bit too far. Besides, the writers turned their wedding into a circus (lots of fans complain about that - check out the tv.com forum for the show). And after the wedding, they had nowhere to live, which was so out-of-character for Topanga. So to give BMW as an example to push more KP seasons, might not be a good way to persuade people. Also, season 4 wasn't as good as the first three either.

elvisjj wrote:
    So why can't Kim Possible be given the same respect and dignity of us seeing Kim and Ron go to college, their adventures continue, then eventually we could see Ron propose to Kim just before graduating from College?

Why is it NOT 'respectful' or 'not dignified'to end the series with season 4? What's the 'dignity' and 'respect' about more seasons? I don't see how you could use such terms regarding a tv-show. 'The end' simply means the end. All series must end sometimes. Why would you want to see Ron propose? You turn KP into a soap opera!

elvisjj wrote:
    That could be the perfect series finale for the series. I'm sure there's millions of fans out there that would love to see Ron propose to Kim and they'd graduate from College together and then it's almost a wrap.

Why would millions of fans want KP turned into a soap opera?

elvisjj wrote:
    Then Disney out of it's kindness could wrap it all up with an animated theatrical Kim Possible movie where everything is completely wrapped up, as Kim and Ron get married in the movie and you could have tons of other surprises added to it, as it would be anything but easy for Kim and Ron to get married, of course in the end of the movie they would get married, but it could turn out to be quite a challenge. Now there's a true WALT DISNEY HAPPY ENDING.

That's all just not what KP was/is about.

I am also a huge fan of Boy Meets World. And the last season was FAR FROM HORRIBLE. Though I don't particularly want a season 5, elvisjj brings up some good points. However, we'll just have to wait and see what Disney does.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MBII_Dolla_Bill

[42]Oct 4, 2007
    BTW getting married @ 19 is no stretch. My friend is 18 and engaged.

MBII_Dolla_Bill

[43]Oct 4, 2007
    moonlight529 wrote:

I think it might be a anime series of KP......why you ask......because you know 'The PowerPuff Girls' got cancelled too. And after some year or so The PPG got an anime show called "Power Puff Z". And since KP is almost is like that, They may make her an anime show too. The Creators did say that KP might look different, but they never said she wasn't going to be a anime! It might be really cool if they did that.

And here are a few examples on how the characters might look like (art by dvdice)...

Kim in anime form

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ron in anime form

Bonnie in anime form

Monique

Yori

Shego

Killer Bebe

~if that doesn't work out, I wish it would be computer animated or have a dcom of kim in real form....

Holy **** those pix are nice!

starfish98

[44]Oct 6, 2007
    • level: 16
    moonlight529 wrote:

I think it might be a anime series of KP......why you ask......because you know 'The PowerPuff Girls' got cancelled too. And after some year or so The PPG got an anime show called "Power Puff Z". And since KP is almost is like that, They may make her an anime show too. The Creators did say that KP might look different, but they never said she wasn't going to be a anime! It might be really cool if they did that.

And here are a few examples on how the characters might look like (art by dvdice)...

Kim in anime form

Ron in anime form

Bonnie in anime form

Monique

Yori

Shego

Killer Bebe

~if that doesn't work out, I wish it would be computer animated or have a dcom of kim in real form....

Those are awesome!!!

moonlight529

[46]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 8
    This guy made these pics. http://dvdice.deviantart.com/ (copy and paste). He is a very awesome artist.

Llama_guy

[47]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 53
    moonlight529 wrote:
    This guy made these pics. http://dvdice.deviantart.com/ (copy and paste). He is a very awesome artist.

Yeah, I looked through them. It's awesome. It makes me want to see an anime version of KP

ColtsPenguins

[48]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 23
    i think this is the topic to post that kp has been removed from its 4:00pm daily slot on toon disney and is now coming on for 2 hours every wendsday on toon disney from 2-4

jwgrlrrajn

[49]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 23

I think that they should make a spin off series with Kim & Ron in college, with all new villains that you can actually take seriously.

Not to mention, I think that they should kill off Ron's monkey power (give him some new ability that doesn't have to do with mysticism)