We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Things missing from season 4

  • Avatar of minister_magic

    minister_magic

    [1]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 09/13/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 553

    This is where you can post your ideas about what you think should have been in season 4.

    I think we should have seen kim or ron wearing a letter jacket. kims a cheerleader and rons on the football team so they each should have had one.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ben316

    ben316

    [2]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 08/13/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 79
    ron only joined the football his senior year so he kinda missed out on the jacket thing
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minister_magic

    minister_magic

    [3]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 09/13/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 553
    ben316 wrote:
    ron only joined the football his senior year so he kinda missed out on the jacket thing

    really? at my school he would have gotten one. ron said he was the star of the football team so wouldnt he have gotten one?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beeftony

    beeftony

    [4]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,190

    An episode (or even just a scene) that addresses the tower kick from StD. I mean come on; we see Kim's dark side once and that's the end of it? Shame.

    Edited on 11/19/2007 5:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajehKing

    MajehKing

    [5]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 07/06/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,084
    beeftony wrote:

    An episode (or even just a scene) that addresses the tower kick from StD. I mean come on; we see Kim's dark side once and that's the end of it? Shame.



    They kind of hinted at Kim's darkside in Go Team Go...that is, Ron wanted to make her evil. But I wouldn't call Kim kicking Shego into the tower evil. We all do stupid things when we get angry. Lord knows I have. Of all the hero/villian story cliches we've seen in this series, the one that is never explored is the main character turning evil. You kind of explored that aspect in "The Silence" haven't you, beeftony?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beeftony

    beeftony

    [6]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,190
    That was "Hate is Such a Strong Word" and I never said that Kim was evil because of the kick.... I just wanted them to at least mention it instead of acting like it never happened.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bbqsauce13

    bbqsauce13

    [7]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 04/25/06
    • level: 39
    • rank: Fonzerelli
    • posts: 964

    Things missing from season four, huh? Hmm...

    Well, I would have enjoyed seeing the writers to have actually thought out Kim and Ron's new relationship instead of just seemingly writing it as they went. When the season began fresh off of So the Drama, I was a strongly pro-K/R. The first episode, Ill Suited, was just what I had hopes of seeing. But after that, everything went downhill. My guess is that they put a lot of their time into the first episode, and well, it really showed. The ensuing episodes quite frankly sucked in the K/R prospective. Let's just say that by the time the disaster called Grande Size Me came around I was no longer in favor of the relationship. And I must say, repeating over and over that their relationship was unlikely to happen is not the best way to go at it either. I mean just think for a second guys.

    Another sizeable element that I'm sure many people would agree with is the lack of a truely proper ending for the show. The very least they should have done is another 75-minute movie. But instead, they opted to use up another one of their twenty-two allotted episode spaces for yet another filler episode. Who here would be in favor of dropping episodes like Mathter and Fervent or the two-parter in return for a part three of a season finale movie? I would like to have seen that happen 100%.

    Edited on 11/19/2007 8:48pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BwayJ

    BwayJ

    [8]Nov 20, 2007
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 665
    bbqsauce13 wrote:

    Things missing from season four, huh? Hmm...

    Well, I would have enjoyed seeing the writers to have actually thought out Kim and Ron's new relationship instead of just seemingly writing it as they went. When the season began fresh off of So the Drama, I was a strongly pro-K/R. The first episode, Ill Suited, was just what I had hopes of seeing. But after that, everything went downhill. My guess is that they put a lot of their time into the first episode, and well, it really showed. The ensuing episodes quite frankly sucked in the K/R prospective. Let's just say that by the time the disaster called Grande Size Me came around I was no longer in favor of the relationship. And I must say, repeating over and over that their relationship was unlikely to happen is not the best way to go at it either. I mean just think for a second guys.

    Another sizeable element that I'm sure many people would agree with is the lack of a truely proper ending for the show. The very least they should have done is another 75-minute movie. But instead, they opted to use up another one of their twenty-two allotted episode spaces for yet another filler episode. Who here would be in favor of dropping episodes like Mathter and Fervent or the two-parter in return for a part three of a season finale movie? I would like to have seen that happen 100%.



    I strongly agree that Graduation should have been a three-parter. However, I think that if any episode should have been replaced, it should have been Chasing Rufus/Nursury Crimes. Grande Size Me and Mathter and Fervent were not the best episodes of the season, but they had enough funny moments to make them watchable. Don't forget Barkin's assessment of Ron's paper at the end of Mathter.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minister_magic

    minister_magic

    [10]Nov 20, 2007
    • member since: 09/13/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 553
    beeftony wrote:

    An episode (or even just a scene) that addresses the tower kick from StD. I mean come on; we see Kim's dark side once and that's the end of it? Shame.


    I would have liked to have seen evil kim to. and i think everyone would have liked a third movie. and since im watching clean slate right now a kiss should have been in it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Llama_guy

    Llama_guy

    [11]Nov 20, 2007
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 2,836

    Things missing from Season 4:

    • A good development of Kim and Ron's relationship
    • The same old feel the show had back in the first seasons
    • A great end to the season
    • Non-supernaturality. Too much focus on supernatural stuff. Shape-shifters, pirate pirits and ninja babies are only the tip of the iceberg. Ron's MMP was more than enough, thank you!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BwayJ

    BwayJ

    [12]Nov 25, 2007
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 665
    There was also a lack of parental input. We saw perspective on the dating from neither Kim's parents nor Ron's parents. All we got were (1) Kim's mom trying to warn Ron that Kim doesn't remember the dating in Clean Slate and (2) Kim's dad saying Ron couldn't wear his bling "in the company of my daughter" in Graduation. After the fuss they made about Kim's lovelife in Emotion Sickness, you'd think there would have been something.

    Ron's parents needed their share as well. Of course, one can probably guess what they felt. My theory is that they were both thrilled that Ron had a girlfriend, even if she wasn't Jewish. Still, you'd think that this aspect would get some focus since the season was mainly devoted to how Ron steps up (as a sidekick and as a person) as a result of his relationship with Kim.

    Anyone agree/disagree?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maetch

    Maetch

    [13]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 12/10/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,075
    Llama_guy wrote:

    Things missing from Season 4:

    • A good development of Kim and Ron's relationship
    • The same old feel the show had back in the first seasons
    • A great end to the season
    • Non-supernaturality. Too much focus on supernatural stuff. Shape-shifters, pirate pirits and ninja babies are only the tip of the iceberg. Ron's MMP was more than enough, thank you!

    I agree with all this. The world of KP is highly technological. Supernatural aspects just don't seem to mesh very well.

    PS: Camille's powers were technological, not supernatural.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beeftony

    beeftony

    [14]Nov 29, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,190

    I think the main problem with the supernatural stuff is that they used it as a Deus Ex Machina more often than not, whereas in the first two seasons the show was more tech heavy, with magic serving as a nifty change of pace.

    There's a quote I've always liked from "The Full Monkey:"

    Monkey Fist: What sort of magic is this?

    Ron: The best kind!

    Ron and Wade: Science!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Llama_guy

    Llama_guy

    [15]Nov 29, 2007
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 2,836
    Maetch wrote:
    Llama_guy wrote:

    Things missing from Season 4:

    • A good development of Kim and Ron's relationship
    • The same old feel the show had back in the first seasons
    • A great end to the season
    • Non-supernaturality. Too much focus on supernatural stuff. Shape-shifters, pirate pirits and ninja babies are only the tip of the iceberg. Ron's MMP was more than enough, thank you!

    I agree with all this. The world of KP is highly technological. Supernatural aspects just don't seem to mesh very well.

    PS: Camille's powers were technological, not supernatural.


    Oh, yeah, I remember now Some nanobots or something, right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajehKing

    MajehKing

    [16]Nov 30, 2007
    • member since: 07/06/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,084
    Actually, I feel the science stuff was getting a bit too old. And way to ridiculous. Too high tech. A little more supernatural stuff was a breath of fresh air.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bbqsauce13

    bbqsauce13

    [17]Nov 30, 2007
    • member since: 04/25/06
    • level: 39
    • rank: Fonzerelli
    • posts: 964
    I created a new thread where you can discuss the technology aspect in the show. It seems like a strong topic but doesn't exactly fit the purpose of this thread.
    Edited on 11/30/2007 3:02pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lord_victorino

    lord_victorino

    [18]Dec 5, 2007
    • member since: 05/11/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 91

    Hi All,

    Things missing from season 4. Hmmm... Are we talking figuratively or literally?

    Well,in Larry's Birthday, Professor Dementor is missing his Gotee for a second there. LOL!

    Take a look here:

    http://caps.kpfanworld.com/veiw_pic.php?av=701-800&ep=larrys_birthday&pic=0779.jpg

    Caption should be: Professor Dementor "What happened to my Gotee?".

    Please and Thank You,

    Tony M. Victorino

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Antiyonder

    Antiyonder

    [19]Dec 6, 2007
    • member since: 06/04/07
    • level: 39
    • rank: Fonzerelli
    • posts: 848
    Would have been nice to see the mystery relative that would have forced Kim to make a tough choice.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BwayJ

    BwayJ

    [20]Jan 6, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 665
    bbqsauce13 wrote:

    Things missing from season four, huh? Hmm...

    Well, I would have enjoyed seeing the writers to have actually thought out Kim and Ron's new relationship instead of just seemingly writing it as they went. When the season began fresh off of So the Drama, I was a strongly pro-K/R. The first episode, Ill Suited, was just what I had hopes of seeing. But after that, everything went downhill. My guess is that they put a lot of their time into the first episode, and well, it really showed. The ensuing episodes quite frankly sucked in the K/R prospective. Let's just say that by the time the disaster called Grande Size Me came around I was no longer in favor of the relationship. And I must say, repeating over and over that their relationship was unlikely to happen is not the best way to go at it either. I mean just think for a second guys.

    Another sizeable element that I'm sure many people would agree with is the lack of a truely proper ending for the show. The very least they should have done is another 75-minute movie. But instead, they opted to use up another one of their twenty-two allotted episode spaces for yet another filler episode. Who here would be in favor of dropping episodes like Mathter and Fervent or the two-parter in return for a part three of a season finale movie? I would like to have seen that happen 100%.

    Though I don't think "Grande Size Me" is a good episode on the whole, it does serve a purpose in the larger scheme of things. It established Ron being in Health class, which led to the flour sack project in "Big Brother," which helped him become a good older brother for Hana (and probably helped him for any kids in the future). One thing lead to another.

    Am I thinking about the show too much?

    Edited on 01/06/2008 4:28pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.