Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Those who doubt that Kim Possible will ever return.

elvisjj

[1]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 9
    Yes I'm sure there's a lot of you here who doubt that THE FIGHT FOR FIVE for KIM POSSIBLE will ever succeed or get Kim Possible back. But hey that's exactly what they said about Futurama.

Futurama was cancelled back in 2003 and that was that. But the Futurama fans never gave up on the series and guess what? Not only did it come back in made for direct DVD movies, it's now back for 26 brand new episodes ordered by Comedy Central.

It took six years for the fans to win this one, but it was a fight the fans in the end won and it was so worth it, as I'm a huge Futurama fan myself.

The link to the article is right here, feell free to check it out.
    http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/TVNews/Articles/090610_futurama_returns_DW

So never count Kim Possible out or the Fight For Five. It might take time, a lot of time. But sooner or later Disney will cave in, especially after they start to realize that renewing a show sometimes has it's benefits like Family Guy and now Futurama.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Atomius1

[2]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 16
    I used to be into Futurama... Hmm well yes it's always best to be optimistic with these worthy causes... Certainly i shan't give up fighting till i die... Onwards to victory...

GiverSSJ

[3]Jun 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    elvisjj wrote:
    Yes I'm sure there's a lot of you here who doubt that THE FIGHT FOR FIVE for KIM POSSIBLE will ever succeed or get Kim Possible back. But hey that's exactly what they said about Futurama.

Futurama was cancelled back in 2003 and that was that. But the Futurama fans never gave up on the series and guess what? Not only did it come back in made for direct DVD movies, it's now back for 26 brand new episodes ordered by Comedy Central.

It took six years for the fans to win this one, but it was a fight the fans in the end won and it was so worth it, as I'm a huge Futurama fan myself.

The link to the article is right here, feell free to check it out.
    http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/TVNews/Articles/090610_futurama_returns_DW

So never count Kim Possible out or the Fight For Five. It might take time, a lot of time. But sooner or later Disney will cave in, especially after they start to realize that renewing a show sometimes has it's benefits like Family Guy and now Futurama.

You never know nowadays with DVD sales and what not. I think Family Guy came back on the air after they gained a lot of DVD sales on the episodes so you never know. Maybe with another season, Shego will be "one of the good guys"? Shego, in my opinion, is one of my favorite villains/anti-heroes since they developed her on all angles. But anyway, there is still some hope since we now have DVD epsiode sets, and who knows? That might spark an interest to Disney.

viggggo

[4]Jun 22, 2009

It's not the same thing. Futurama was cancelled due to low ratings. Kim Possible was stoped, because Disney was finish with the show, and ended it. Just as they always do. 88 episodes is a lot, no disney-series have ever run for more than 100 episodes. It was a great show, withtwo movies, and a great ending. That's more than the average fan, can hope for.

I don't thing there will be a 5. season, and I'm glad, the series don't need to continue.

elvisjj

[5]Jun 22, 2009
    There will be a fifth season or Season Five as that's what the Fight For Five is still around for. The series ended with too many loopholes and too many unexplained stories. Kim Possible is one of Disney's best shows ever and Kim Possible just like Futurama deserves to come back. The problem is Disney likes to chop up Kim Possible as Kim just doesn't seem to fit the Disney profile. But the fans of Kim Possible disagree and fans like myself will continue to fight Disney's madness until Disney realizes like Fox did that Kim Possible can not only be profitable for them but listening to the fans makes for good business sense.

EddyBob15

[6]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 30
    Elvis is right. The series was ended on too big an open-ending. Had they gave us a more concrete ending with solid proof of what happens to the characters, we wouldn't be doing all this. Basically, Disney brought the FFKP's movements on themselves.

buckmana

[7]Jul 10, 2009
    • level: 14
    It is entirely possible (no pun intended) that Disney have forgotten about KP or that this unique show was mostly responsible for their rebirth as an animation company (I suspect W.I.T.C.H., Lilo and Stitch and American Dragon were also helping).

But as long as we fans don't forget and never let up on the "pressure", eventually, Disney will see the light.

Probably about the time the fans get sick of all this boring "disposable" shows like the Replacements or Phineas and Ferb. Neither of which I am any way inclined to watch.

Water78

[8]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 47
    buckmana wrote:
    It is entirely possible (no pun intended) that Disney have forgotten about KP or that this unique show was mostly responsible for their rebirth as an animation company (I suspect W.I.T.C.H., Lilo and Stitch and American Dragon were also helping).

But as long as we fans don't forget and never let up on the "pressure", eventually, Disney will see the light.

Probably about the time the fans get sick of all this boring "disposable" shows like the Replacements or Phineas and Ferb. Neither of which I am any way inclined to watch.

Phineas and Ferb is a sad show, i wonder why they picked it up

jwgrlrrajn

[9]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 23
    Maybe the show could gain new life on Disney XD?

elvisjj

[10]Aug 7, 2009
    Well today is Fight For Five for Kim Possible as there is a chance for Kim Possible to return as long as we never give up fighting to bring her back. The media will continue to write about Kim Possible as long as we continue to pursue the media and keep Kim Possible's light alive. As if we give up on Kim Possible she really will disappear forever and never return.

nevergrowup

[11]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 5
    I'm sure Kim Possible will return as long as we keep bugging disney about it. Don't give up. Be tenacious. Tenacious means that you don't give up.

elvisjj

[12]Dec 14, 2009
    And that's why I suggest that every Kim Possible fan to check out the thread Mailing Christmas cards to Disney Executives thanking them for Kim Possible

By doing this you will not only be letting Disney executives know that the Kim Possible fans are out there but you'll also be doing a nice gesture of thanking Disney executives for giving us Kim Possible and for giving us four seasons. Keeping a good relationship with Disney executives could mean a possible chance that they will reconsider the cancellation of Kim Possible and renew the series or do the Futurama thing and make several Kim Possible direct to DVD animated feature films. Who knows? All we can do is keep up the Fight and keep a good relationship with Disney executives.

cathgil

[13]Dec 18, 2009
    • level: 16

here is a facebook page. for the fight for five

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=12450&post=49603&uid=95263933347#/group.php?gid=95263933347

elvisjj

[14]Mar 7, 2010

Yes and today is Save Kim Possible as every 7th is save Kim Possible day and check out the save Kim Possible site at facebook as well.

bloodmage478

[15]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 2
    Yes, disney end the shows even though they are highly received by every audience around the world

I loved duck tales 100 episodes all episodes rocked, still they dont think about making another season

I like to have atleast five more seasons for kim possoble ,they stopped making kp 3 yrs ago ...ha "NO BIG"

Nothing is impossoble for a possoble

Waiting for more.....

Anyway i like to know what do disney make now ? Movies ?
    Almost 80 yrs in the play and they dont even want to come back strong , there are many great shows Disney can continue ...

elvisjj

[16]May 6, 2010

Well as long as Kim Possible fans everywhere keep Kim Possible alive we can keep her legacy alive. Kim Possible is still ultra popular on the internet and worldwide as she touched a lot of peoples hearts both young and old alike. The Fight For Five keeps her legacy alive and the Fight For Five is this Friday May 7th. Hopefully Kim Possible fans everywhere will mail our postcards to Disney and Disney executives.l

ValerieLugo

[18]May 10, 2010
    • level: 1
    Water78 wrote:

Phineas and Ferb is a sad show, i wonder why they picked it up

indeed. uggh! ''that'' show is anywhere near as good as Kim Possible.

elvisjj

[19]Aug 26, 2010

They had to pick up Phineas and Ferb as Disney couldn't just admit that they made a mistake on cancelling Kim Possible and that Kim is unreplaceable by any other show least of all Phineas and Ferb and the Replacements.

Disney doesn't ever say out loud that they made a mistake and they did by cancelling Kim Possible a huge hit for them and they know it's a huge hit. But someone obviously isn't a KP fan at Disney as why would you cancel a show with such a huge following worldwide instead of milking it for all it's worth. And Kim Possible had at least another four seasons left including the entire college years.

I don't want to see Kim Possible do a Simpsons and jump the shark, but Kim had lot of life left in it and that's why the Fight For Five is still here fighting to get Kim Possible back. And Kim's anniversary day is this Tuesday September 7th. Please check out the Fight For Five thread here for more information on how you can help save Kim Possible.