TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

What Do You Think About KiGo?

Do You Like the Idea of KiGo?

beeftony

[101]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 29
    Okay, so I typed this really long and beautiful response, and it cut it off halfway through, saying "forbidden>" Is there a word maximum I don't know about?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zokolov

[102]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 8
    I don't think there is...After all, you often write long and detailed messages, so if there is a maxinum, I think it could go all the way to 1000 words.

beeftony

[103]Feb 9, 2007
    I posted about it on this thread, and from what people have said over there it's not just me who's having this problem. It really ticks me off because I worked very hard on that post and then had to delete it because it was affected by some sort of glitch. I hate these sorts of bugs.
    Edited on 02/09/2007 8:39am
    Edited 2 total times.

cbear2k7

[104]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    rufus and kim make about as much sense as kim and shego

what that is actually more plausible

beeftony

[105]Feb 9, 2007
    Please stay on-topic. We're talking about KiGo, not Kimfus. The latter is just wrongsick.

clemens200

[106]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 3

KiGo is not as impossible as so many of you would think. I know it will never happen having to girls kissing in a Disney TV Show but for my opinion the author put some facts in the show; you can interpret it in different ways. First isn’t it fascinating how much Kim and Shego have in common? Second why does Shego have this background about a fallen hero (to make her not so bad?) Third what is about the pet names?

Some of you tried to explain this complicated relationship such as beeftony (silence is perfect I hope you will post the following chapter soon. I can’t wait), Hobnob-rev (Mind, Body and Soul is one of my favourites) and King of Yellow. If you read their stories you will discover how Shego and Kim maybe be together.

Zokolov

[107]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 8

I know they could go together nicely...I have read them all (The Silence particularly) and I think Kim & Shego could be a good couple...It doesn't beat K/R, though...I added a touch of KiGo to my own story as well.

Anyway, my vote went to "I just can't see it" because of the reason I already gave: Seeing them fight all the time makes hard to imagine them as a couple. It's possible alright, but I can't picture it in my mind.

Edited on 02/09/2007 2:56pm

beeftony

[108]Feb 9, 2007
    clemens200 wrote:

KiGo is not as impossible as so many of you would think. I know it will never happen having to girls kissing in a Disney TV Show but for my opinion the author put some facts in the show; you can interpret it in different ways. First isn’t it fascinating how much Kim and Shego have in common? Second why does Shego have this background about a fallen hero (to make her not so bad?) Third what is about the pet names?

Some of you tried to explain this complicated relationship such as beeftony (silence is perfect I hope you will post the following chapter soon. I can’t wait), Hobnob-rev (Mind, Body and Soul is one of my favourites) and King of Yellow. If you read their stories you will discover how Shego and Kim maybe be together.

Exactly. I've always thought of Shego as nothing more than Kim's dark reflection (though she is still a fully developed character in her own right). Think about it: they're both smart, athletic, confident, independent, hot-tempered, passionate and downright attractive, not to mention that they both have green eyes. If things had gone differently, I could honestly see two people with their personality types becoming very close friends, maybe even lovers given the right circumstances. But I still maintain that the latter would only work as a fling. There's just too much history to make it work in the long term.

I don't think Shego's origin was intended to promote KiGo, though it does make her slightly more vulnerable and gives her and Kim a special connection, because Shego was a hero once. I wrote a Shego origin fic myself, and even though that was Drakken/Shego and takes several digs at KiGo, it makes her more accessible. How you interpret that accessibility is a matter of personal preference.

The pet names can be interpreted several different ways. The concensus among most authors, including KiGo writers (e.g. King in Yellow), is that the pet names are nothing more than mere taunts to throw Kim off her game and not terms of endearment. This has been debated many times, and it's quite clear that there are no KiGo hints on the show. Any KiGo must either take place in an Alternate Universe or post-StD. Though I will admit I made references to several episodes in The Silence, including the one all KiGo fans flock to for evidence: Go Team Go.

While GTG showed me that Kim and Shego can work well together as a team, Shego is at heart a very independent and untrusting person who is willing to do a little backstabbing just to survive. Kim is also very distrusting of Shego, seeing as the older woman has tried to kill her on numerous occasions. In order for KiGo to be feasible, something would need to happen to make both of them more willing to open up to each other, and in my story I have achieved this by killing off people who are close to them, starting with Ron and Drakken. Hego and Mego also meet their grim fates, and the only people Kim and Shego can turn to is each other. I'm not doing this for no reason, however. Ron still plays a major role in the story, and Kim's continued love for him is the main source of Kim and Shego's romantic conflict.

The one piece of "evidence" that I am sick and tired of hearing is Kim's line from Showdown at the Crooked D: "I like boys. Sometimes." In my mind, this is more of a K/R hint than anything. How, you ask? Because of what Kim says in StD: "Ron's not a boy, he's Ron!" If we look at this statement more closely, it becomes clear that what Kim meant is that she occasionally likes "boys." "Boys" can be used interchangably with "the food chain." Every relationship that Kim had before Ron was either an accident (Walter Nelson), a crush (Josh Mankey), or a misunderstanding (Brick Flagg). What Kim is saying is that while she occasionally enjoys that craziness and lack of any obligation to commit, there are times when she wishes that she was in a serious relationship. In my opinion that relationship is with Ron. After all, he's not a "boy." He's Ron.

I'm glad you're appreciating The Silence. I'm just about done with Chapter 12 and I'll try to have it posted as soon as I can. I have over 7,200 words of it written so far, and the depth and philosophical concepts of that chapter will blow your freaking mind, as will the action scene and the mother of all plot twists (who is The Reaper?). It's called "Don't Fear the Reaper" (And no, it does not feature the song by Blue Oyster Cult. It just didn't fit). Thank you for bringing up some very legitimate points.
    Edited on 02/09/2007 1:09pm

ChrisVisagie

[109]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 3

Well another way that you could look at that line from Showdown at the Crooked D: "I like boys. Sometimes." is that she was refering to age and/or maturity of the guys. So while she sometimes likes "boys" she preferes "men". Just a thought.

Now just wondering. We've discussed why people think that KiGo is plausible or why they surpport it but now I'm just wondering why people like the pairing. This isn't talking about whether or not it's believable, this is just talking about why people enjoy reading/writing it. When it's well written, I enjoy the pairing because a) the whole good/evil pairing concept is fun  b) there is enough of an edge between the two characters to make it interesting c) to a good writer it has many possiblities both, AU and NU.

beeftony

[110]Feb 9, 2007
    Chapter 12 of The Silence is up.  I used a lot of what I said here on this thread as a basis for a large portion of it. Check it out!
    Edited on 02/09/2007 4:24pm

beeftony

[111]Feb 9, 2007
    ChrisVisagie wrote:

Well another way that you could look at that line from Showdown at the Crooked D: "I like boys. Sometimes." is that she was refering to age and/or maturity of the guys. So while she sometimes likes "boys" she preferes "men". Just a thought.

Now just wondering. We've discussed why people think that KiGo is plausible or why they surpport it but now I'm just wondering why people like the pairing. This isn't talking about whether or not it's believable, this is just talking about why people enjoy reading/writing it. When it's well written, I enjoy the pairing because a) the whole good/evil pairing concept is fun b) there is enough of an edge between the two characters to make it interesting c) to a good writer it has many possiblities both, AU and NU.

Well, that's essentially what I was getting at. Thanks for making it easier to understand.

As to why I like KiGo, it's because there are so many possibilities with the pairing that just can't be done in a K/R setting. Kim and Ron may complete each other, but she'll always be way out of his league in terms of intelligence, athleticism, and attractiveness, which, while they should not be the core elements of any relationship, are nonetheless part of how they measure up to each other. Shego, on the other hand, can interact with Kim on her level, something Ron can never achieve no matter how much he grows. He and Kim are just on completely different levels. Ron may have been right under Kim's nose, but Shego is capable of looking her in the eye. They are equals, which makes it that much more fun to watch them face off.
    Edited on 02/09/2007 4:32pm

RedRanger14

[113]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 9
    In case you have not noticed, 1) Kim has to be straight because she and Ron are a couple, 2) Disney wouldn't allow it even though it has come a long way with the Native American stuff, they would just not allow it on a childrens network.

beeftony

[114]Feb 11, 2007
    MovieViewer1000, stay on topic. I've said before that we're not discussing homosexuality here. The purpose of this thread is to discuss whether two people with a history like Kim and Shego's would work as a couple or not. If you want to debate homosexuality, go to the Off Topic forum and wait for the flames. But don't post about such an incendiary issue here. I have simply deleted the post this time, and it will not be counted against you on your moderation history. Your post could technically be considered trolling, since it incites users to respond with flames and is a flame itself. I will let you off with a warning this time, but if you do it again I will lock the thread and report the post, and let the mods decide what to do. I will not allow such hateful comments on my boards. If you have any additional concerns, PM me. Don't post about it here.

alsaker85

[115]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    Isn't this a kids show?

beeftony

[116]Feb 11, 2007
    Do people even read the posts? *bashes head repeatedly against wall* Okay, look. This isn't just the show we're talking about. KiGo is a pairing exclusive to fanfiction, and that's where the discussion should be focused. Things were going great until the bashers suddenly decided to return. Try to stay on topic.

beeftony

[117]Feb 11, 2007
    RedRanger14 wrote:
    In case you have not noticed, 1) Kim has to be straight because she and Ron are a couple, 2) Disney wouldn't allow it even though it has come a long way with the Native American stuff, they would just not allow it on a childrens network.

1) Many KiGo fics have Kim realizing her sexual preference after she and Ron have given it a go and decided to just go back to being friends after their relationship failed for some reason. Homosexuality isn't necessarily something you're born with. People change. We can't deny this last fact or else character growth would be impossible, even for someone with her name.

2) Okay, you may want to enlighten me on the whole Native American thing. And like I said, We're not talking about the show. This is purely hypothetical.

shabahh

[118]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 14
    hmmmmmmmmm Kigo Kigo.........nope nothing. Got no interest in it. Which is weird to me since I do like R/S and K/M if done right. Heck I even agree with D/S and thought it had a chance on this show but it looks like so far that chance is gone....but Kigo?

Meh I just don't like it. Don't ask why or how I should open my mind or whatever(its gets annoying now when people do)....I just don't like it. (shrugs)
    Edited on 02/11/2007 8:58pm

shabahh

[119]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 14
    beeftony wrote:
    ChrisVisagie wrote:

Well another way that you could look at that line from Showdown at the Crooked D: "I like boys. Sometimes." is that she was refering to age and/or maturity of the guys. So while she sometimes likes "boys" she preferes "men". Just a thought.

Now just wondering. We've discussed why people think that KiGo is plausible or why they surpport it but now I'm just wondering why people like the pairing. This isn't talking about whether or not it's believable, this is just talking about why people enjoy reading/writing it. When it's well written, I enjoy the pairing because a) the whole good/evil pairing concept is fun b) there is enough of an edge between the two characters to make it interesting c) to a good writer it has many possiblities both, AU and NU.

Well, that's essentially what I was getting at. Thanks for making it easier to understand.

As to why I like KiGo, it's because there are so many possibilities with the pairing that just can't be done in a K/R setting. Kim and Ron may complete each other, but she'll always be way out of his league in terms of intelligence, athleticism, and attractiveness, which, while they should not be the core elements of any relationship, are nonetheless part of how they measure up to each other. Shego, on the other hand, can interact with Kim on her level, something Ron can never achieve no matter how much he grows. He and Kim are just on completely different levels. Ron may have been right under Kim's nose, but Shego is capable of looking her in the eye. They are equals, which makes it that much more fun to watch them face off.

I kind of disagree with Shego on Kim's level. They both look great? Well Shego is older than Kim and I bet if this show continued with Kim at Shego's age they'd make her drop dead gorgeous to the other characters or something(shrugs) Also if we go along with the show, Kim dominates everything over Shego. Kim always wins, does smarter stuff, does a lot more, knows more fighting styles, blah blah blah. I just don't see them as equals.

Maybe if they were, I'd go along with Kigo.

GiverSSJ

[120]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 13
    Sounds like a good idea. I always thought about Shego going good. Kim and Shego DO have similiar personalities too.