TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

What Do You Think About KiGo?

Do You Like the Idea of KiGo?

bbqsauce13

[161]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 39
    Whoa, Ron/Barkin? Even I'm not that dirty minded!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shabahh

[162]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 14
    Hmmm Now I'm wondering what's worse. Ron/Drakken or Ron/Barkin

Gotta love nastiness.

At least Kigo is normal. Or somewhat. Still boring to me though.

Grr, any couple I really like never happens in any show.
    I guess I gotta expect that since I seem to like random couples.

beeftony

[163]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 29
    In case anyone's interested, here's the slashy moments between Ron and Barkin. Keep in mind this is all just a joke. I have no intention of ever shipping these two. But still...

Now, to me, Barkin seems a little too happy...

I guess we should be glad Barkin doesn't give the physicals. He seems to be examining Ron very closely.

(insert cliched line about secret rendezvous point here)

And it gets better. Now it makes sense why Barkin was always singling Ron out, giving him extra homework, not to mention he didn't seem the slightest bit disturbed that he and Ron were stuck to each other in Bonding. And don't even get me started on The Cupid Effect...

Barkin: *sniff* That's a beautiful thought. A-plus, Stoppable!

Ew. Just... ew.
    Edited on 02/22/2007 8:30pm
    Edited 2 total times.

bbqsauce13

[164]Feb 22, 2007
    Physicals, just imagine... *Pukes*

shabahh

[165]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 14
    No matter how close I look, no matter what angle, I just don't see it. And I see a lot of stuff.
    The closest I've seen Barkin to Ron is like a crazy uncle.

*stares closely* nope nothing.

kitty_girl_123

[166]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 33
    beeftony wrote:
    In case anyone's interested, here's the slashy moments between Ron and Barkin. Keep in mind this is all just a joke. I have no intention of ever shipping these two. But still...

Now, to me, Barkin seems a little too happy...

I guess we should be glad Barkin doesn't give the physicals. He seems to be examining Ron very closely.

(insert cliched line about secret rendezvous point here)

And it gets better. Now it makes sense why Barkin was always singling Ron out, giving him extra homework, not to mention he didn't seem the slightest bit disturbed that he and Ron were stuck to each other in Bonding. And don't even get me started on The Cupid Effect...

Barkin: *sniff* That's a beautiful thought. A-plus, Stoppable!

Ew. Just... ew.

Barkin's a pedophile! lol!

beeftony

[167]Feb 23, 2007
    shabahh wrote:
    No matter how close I look, no matter what angle, I just don't see it. And I see a lot of stuff.
    The closest I've seen Barkin to Ron is like a crazy uncle.

*stares closely* nope nothing.

Trust me, I don't WANT to see it any more than I wanted to see Ron and Wade in drag in The Cupid Effect. And yet I do. He looks more like "creepy camp counselor" in that first pic to me. Again this may all just be because I have a dirty, dirty mind. But there's a difference between evidence and subtext. Evidence is purely factual. Subtext requires some interpretation. This is subtext, nothing more.

DrakkenWasHere

[168]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 3
    I believe it could happen, though I'm not the biggest Kigo fan (( I'm personally a Rokken and Drakken/Shego lover)). I see the relationship progressing from "Enemies" to "Idolizing" to "Getting To Know Each Other On An Emotional Level". I also think of them as a Yin/Yang pair, each completing the other. But hey, that's just me. To tell you the truth-when it comes to love, I was taught that anything is possible (BAD PUN XD). I SUPPORT ALL PAIRINGS! ((even if I don't personaly like the them))

clemens200

[169]Feb 24, 2007
    I know this is a little bit off-topic but I wonder myself why does so many people think about KiGo (I am a KiGo-fan myself). I think we maybe talk about that question. Or why is Kim Possible so popular. On Fanfiction.com you got about 3000 stories about the KP universe. Other shows have only about a hundred or less. To the Ron/Barkin couple. Sorry I never saw any evidence for this relationship, I mean both almost hate each other. For Barkin Ron is a fool and for Ron Barkin is over-the-top teacher with too much discipline

WingedAlchemist

[170]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 13
    I just don't see it. I support homosexuality, it's a form of love for people. I know two girls (They live on the other side of the hall from me actually) that are lesbians. I have gay friends... I support it in all factions I suppose. I am straight, and don't like to get hit on by the same sex, but I do flirt when I'm drunk... but... still that's a biiiiiiig no.

I almost put down ew no... but just because I think it's disgusting doesn't mean I have to be rude...

beeftony

[171]Feb 24, 2007
    clemens200 wrote:
    I know this is a little bit off-topic but I wonder myself why does so many people think about KiGo (I am a KiGo-fan myself). I think we maybe talk about that question. Or why is Kim Possible so popular. On Fanfiction.com you got about 3000 stories about the KP universe. Other shows have only about a hundred or less. To the Ron/Barkin couple. Sorry I never saw any evidence for this relationship, I mean both almost hate each other. For Barkin Ron is a fool and for Ron Barkin is over-the-top teacher with too much discipline

Well, I've always been attracted to the notion of "opposites attract," which is why I also support Kim/Ron. But with KiGo they are only opposites in the sense that they are on opposite sides of a good/evil conflict. In my mind they're more of a reflection of each other's personalities and how those personalities  would react under different circumstances. Shego is the manifestation of Kim's dark side, but at the same time she is a fully developed character in her own right, with her own opinions, ambitions, likes/dislikes, fears, and feelings. Their personalities are compatible because they are the same in the areas where it truly matters, such as respect for each other's freedom of choice and not trying to force the other to change (though I must admit it's a great way to introduce conflict). The best KiGo stories in my opinion are the ones where they meet each other halfway. But that's just my opinion.

It's fanfiction.net, and yes, I do find it interesting that KP is the fifth most popular cartoon section on that site (the most popular is Teen Titans, but their shipper wars make me appreciate the fact that we're capable of having an informed discussion). 28 of those stories are mine (there's a link in my sig). My theory is that after StD aired and people thought the series was over, all the younger people gradually trickled out until only the truly devoted remained. Before that people were submitting 1,000 word chapters at the most, and now we've got stories in excess of 400,000 words (only two I know of: Kim Possible: Mind, Body and Soul by Hobnob-rev and Aliyah by Bubbahotek, the latter of which is actually 500,000 words). That's a big difference. What I'm worried about is that now that the new season is here, we will get flooded by the youngsters once again. But that's a discussion for another day.

I don't support the Ron/Barkin pairing (which I invented, strangely enough), but the subtext is there if you're willing to look for it. Think about it: a lot of people take a strong dislike and turn it into a sign of hidden affection. As I recall, that's how KiGo started. Also, Ron and Barkin seem a little too close for comfort in this season. One could argue that the only reason Barkin kept Ron on the team was because he was secretly attracted to him, but I'm not going to. All I'm saying is that his motivation for doing so is open to interpretation. I've already mentioned the hints in past episodes, but I'll let you scroll up and read them again yourself. All I'm saying is that the subtext is there. How you interpret it is up to you.

bbqsauce13

[172]Feb 24, 2007
    Knowing you, I am very surprised you just didn't mention something about Kim and Shego in "Mad Dogs and Aliens". They were 'all over eachother' in Greece, and in the end where Shego actually helped out Kim.

beeftony

[173]Feb 24, 2007
    I actually haven't seen it yet. I had to go to a birthday party and I taped it, so I'll watch it tomorrow. The folks over at Slash Haven are abuzz about it, though.

DrakkenWasHere

[174]Feb 25, 2007

beeftony wrote:
    clemens200 wrote:

Well, I've always been attracted to the notion of "opposites attract," which is why I also support Kim/Ron. But with KiGo they are only opposites in the sense that they are on opposite sides of a good/evil conflict. In my mind they're more of a reflection of each other's personalities and how those personalities  would react under different circumstances. Shego is the manifestation of Kim's dark side, but at the same time she is a fully developed character in her own right, with her own opinions, ambitions, likes/dislikes, fears, and feelings. Their personalities are compatible because they are the same in the areas where it truly matters, such as respect for each other's freedom of choice and not trying to force the other to change (though I must admit it's a great way to introduce conflict). The best KiGo stories in my opinion are the ones where they meet each other halfway. But that's just my opinion.

It's fanfiction.net, and yes, I do find it interesting that KP is the fifth most popular cartoon section on that site (the most popular is Teen Titans, but their shipper wars make me appreciate the fact that we're capable of having an informed discussion). 28 of those stories are mine (there's a link in my sig). My theory is that after StD aired and people thought the series was over, all the younger people gradually trickled out until only the truly devoted remained. Before that people were submitting 1,000 word chapters at the most, and now we've got stories in excess of 400,000 words (only two I know of: Kim Possible: Mind, Body and Soul by Hobnob-rev and Aliyah by Bubbahotek, the latter of which is actually 500,000 words). That's a big difference. What I'm worried about is that now that the new season is here, we will get flooded by the youngsters once again. But that's a discussion for another day.

I don't support the Ron/Barkin pairing (which I invented, strangely enough), but the subtext is there if you're willing to look for it. Think about it: a lot of people take a strong dislike and turn it into a sign of hidden affection. As I recall, that's how KiGo started. Also, Ron and Barkin seem a little too close for comfort in this season. One could argue that the only reason Barkin kept Ron on the team was because he was secretly attracted to him, but I'm not going to. All I'm saying is that his motivation for doing so is open to interpretation. I've already mentioned the hints in past episodes, but I'll let you scroll up and read them again yourself. All I'm saying is that the subtext is there. How you interpret it is up to you.

So true.

clemens200

[175]Feb 25, 2007
    Mabye there is some evidence for Ron/Barkin in the new season. I haven’t yet seen it because in Austria they will bring the new season in about or month so I have a little disadvantage and I don’t want to read the spoilers.

beeftony

[177]Feb 25, 2007
    You may not understand my policy on this, but I don't allow YouTube links. It qualifies as links to illegal material, which is against the ToS. I have just deleted it this time, and it will not show up on your moderation history. 

clemens200

[178]Feb 25, 2007
    Thank you very much. Yeah there are some evidences Ron und Barkin could became friends but more I doubt it.

DrakkenWasHere

[179]Feb 25, 2007
    Sorry, didn't know...WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!

beeftony

[180]Feb 25, 2007
    I just posted my review of Mad Dogs and Aliens. It points out all the slashy moments between Kim and Shego in that episode. I'll let you read it as I don't feel like repeating myself here. It's 930 words of pure reviewing goodness. Enjoy.