Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Who's tired of kim?

dissapearing

[1]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 9
    Is anyone besides me tired of always seeing kim win? Who else thinks that kim should finally go up against a foe that defeats her? Nobody's perfect,and i'm also tired of her being so nice all the time,she's too forgiving!!! And kim never gets into trouble..well,ok yeah she got detention 1 time,but that's it!? Come on, she can't be a total goody goody,they should show a different side of kim. I think they should show an episode where we get to see the normal teenage girl part of kim,instead of the superheo part. In every episode she's always on a mission and saving someone,it get's boring.And how in the world does she find time to save someone and make time for cheerleading practice or whatever,they should have an episode where kim gets so caught up in something like shopping or whatever that she isn't able to complete a mission and has to ask someone to help like team go or....wade and monique could go on a mission that would be interesting,and while their saving someone kim and ron can go out on a date or whatever and not have to worry about missions,saving people,evil villians,etc.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajehKing

[2]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 16
    Let me speak to you before somebody mean does.

The entire premise of the series about a girl who can "do anything" saving the world and being Little Miss Perfect. Of course, us fans of the series know Kim is anything but.

Kim is basically nothing without Ron, Rufus and Wade to back her up. It's their teamwork that eventually wins the day, not just Kim. Like all teams, it's the leader who gets all the glory, but we know better. Wade is the brains behind the outfit. Hell, without him there wouldn't be a Kim Possible world saving business. He's the one who tells Kim what to do and where to go. If anything he's her boss. Rufus is cunning and usually is the one who ends up saving Kim and Ron so that they can complete the mission. Ron's bizarre luck and Mystical Monkey Power come in handy more than once. At lets not forget that many of the super villians are incompetent to begin with.

And Kim is not perfect either. She can't do EVERYTHING and doesn't do EVERYTHING well. She can't cook as well as Ron. Bonnie is a better driver than she is. Shego can drive, sneak and scale rings around Kim.

She also has flaws: arrogant, cocky, a bit selfish, loves the spotlight too much, always has to be the one in charge...trust me, she's not perfect.

I get what you're saying about the other side of Kim, but then we wouldn't have a series. Who cares about Kim and Ron going out on a regular date with no incidents? That's like having a Star Wars movie with no lightsaber battles.

I agree that lots of things are too unrealistic even for a cartoon show, most notably how they manage to traverse thousands of miles in mere minutes. They are always prepared to go to space, under the sea, into a volcano, the desert, the jungle; EVERYWHERE, and she can do freakisly impossible things (Two to Tutor comes in mind, I'm sure some of you guys will remember what I believed her most impossible stunt to be), but that's what it is.

She's Kim Possible, she can do anything. Some things ya just gotta learn to live with. Perfections and impossibilities and all.

dissapearing

[3]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 9
    lol,thanks for you post. it was funny and very understanding. yeah,there are alot of mean people on here..alot of stupid immature mean people,im happy your not one of them. want to be friends?

lord_victorino

[4]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 4

Hi dissapearing,

Is anyone besides me tired of always seeing kim win? Who else thinks that kim should finally go up against a foe that defeats her?

Like in Graduation Part 2?

Nobody's perfect,and i'm also tired of her being so nice all the time,she's too forgiving!!!

Like in So The Drama?

And kim never gets into trouble..well,ok yeah she got detention 1 time,but that's it!? Come on, she can't be a total goody goody,they should show a different side of kim. I think they should show an episode where we get to see the normal teenage girl part of kim,instead of the superheo part. In every episode she's always on a mission and saving someone,it get's boring.And how in the world does she find time to save someone and make time for cheerleading practice or whatever,they should have an episode where kim gets so caught up in something like shopping or whatever that she isn't able to complete a mission.

Like inOverdue?

and has to ask someone to help like team go or....wade and monique could go on a mission that would be interesting,and while their saving someone kim and ron can go out on a date or whatever and not have to worry about missions,saving people,evil villians,etc.

Like in Team Impossible, A Sitch in Time, Go Team Go, Mathterand Fervent, Stop Team Go, Mentor of our Discontent, and etc...

I know that the examples above are not perfect examples, but they are episodes that are out of the norm, here and there, IMO.

Please and Thank You,

Tony M. Victorino

beeftony

[5]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 29

I second MajehKing's post. The show wouldn't be worth watching if Kim didn't always win.

Note that they're very rarely moral victories, though. Kim has been known to employ methods that she herself has decried as "unethical" and "evil" (like mind control) on more than one occasion. She also has a tendency to be hypercompetetive, condescending/patronizing, jealous, and above all, quick to violence. She's not perfect. But that's what makes her a well-rounded character rather than just a Mary Sue.

MajehKing

[6]Dec 28, 2007
    See, disappearing? All your replies have been good and understanding. We are fortunate enough that the KP forums have remained generally full of mature people, not like some other when you're not allowed to have your own opinion. It's cool if we're freinds and all.

Huntsgirl_08

[7]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 8
    I sort of am. But it's still interesting
    Edited on 12/29/2007 5:52pm

ben316

[8]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 2
    LONG LIVE KIM POSSIBLE

mega_man_3

[10]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    I'll never be tired of this show or (most of) the characters on it!!

DragnUp

[11]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 17
    kim is by far the most annoying part of the show

MajehKing

[12]Jan 9, 2008
    Well, the show is called "Kim Possible".

Iguana23

[13]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 11
    I don't mind the show, but Kim's voice gets on my nerves sometimes, it's far too perfect.

mega_man_3

[14]Jan 9, 2008

Iguana23 wrote:
    I don't mind the show, but Kim's voice gets on my nerves sometimes, it's far too perfect.

Yeah, Kim can be too perfect for her own good. She doesn't follow the whole "everybody makes mistakes" rule that everyone else follows.

beeftony

[15]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 29
    And that arrogance is what makes her imperfect.

mega_man_3

[16]Jan 11, 2008
    beeftony wrote:
    And that arrogance is what makes her imperfect.

Very true!

moonlight529

[17]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    Yeah, Kim is annoying and she can be kinda mean to Ron. Even when their going out. Like in the episode 'Grande Size Me'. She keeps on making fun for being over weight, if Kim was in his place and Ron makes fun of her well u get the idea it would be different. I feel bad for Ron. And Kim is WAY TOO perfect and she can't even take a joke (sometimes). But I still love the show.
    Edited on 01/11/2008 7:36pm