Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

would you like to see a seaon 5 of kim possible?

dissapearing

[1]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    would u like 2 see a season 5 of kp? should they make a season 5 of kp? what episodes would you like to see,what would they be about,who would be in them?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

elvisjj

[2]Nov 9, 2007

I'm all for a Season Five and so are many KP fans out there, especially a large majority of fans at the Ron Stoppable site are interested in seeing Kim Possible continue on, whether as a Season Five, which most want, oras aDisney Original movieslike "So the Drama" was.

You can check us out at the Ron Stoppable site http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi

and you can check out the Official Fight For Five website: http://www.fightforkp.com/

juan137946

[3]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 13
    who doesn't want a season 5 if you don't want a season 5 than you can't be a good fan for kim

Llama_guy

[4]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 53
    juan137946 wrote:
    who doesn't want a season 5 if you don't want a season 5 than you can't be a good fan for kim

Uh, yeah, you can. I am a really, really good fan of KP. But I was skeptical to a season 4. It turned out okay enough, but I really think a season 5 will damage the show severely.
    I don't want to see it ruined; I care so much for the show. And I think that a season 5 may ruin it. So I am against it.

lord_victorino

[5]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 4

Accually, I would like to see another 4 seasons of Kim Possible on TV, at lease 1 theatrical movie, and DVD Boxsets, myself.

But that's just me.

Please and Thank You,

Tony M. Victorino

tansniper

[6]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    more kim.. hm.. so this will be like if it happens? college fresh men year? omg...thats alot.. i mean u got partys,kissing ,more dates and wow college year would be nice to see how they will turn out.

elvisjj

[7]Nov 11, 2007

If you want to see a Season Five of Kim Possible then let the Walt Disney Company know you want too. Speak up for Kim Possible, as Kim Possible can do anything, except save her own show from cancellation. Only you can save Kim Possible, cause you have the power within you to do so.

Join the Fight For Five to Save Kim Possible. The Fight For Five is fighting for a Season Five, a whole new season of Kim Possible which will probably be the College Years. The Fight For Five is fighting for DVD boxsets of all four seasons of Kim Possible and the Fight For Five is fighting for the Walt Disney company to make available Kim Possible merchandise for all of us to buy and to preserve Kim Possible's legacy for future generations to come.

So if you truly want to see a Season Five become a reality. Come check us out at the Fight For Five at the Ron Stoppable site

You can check us out at the Ron Stoppable site http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/index.cgi

and you can check out the Official Fight For Five website: http://www.fightforkp.com/

Kim Possible needs your help, don't let a quality show like Kim Possible disappear forever. As Season Five could out do all four seasons especially if Bob, Mark, and Steve would return to Kim Possible, which again is possible.

MajehKing

[8]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 16
    I'm satisfied with season four but if they were to do a season five they'd have to revamp the whole thing.

ben316

[9]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 2
    exactly how ?

beeftony

[10]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 29

Seeing all these "Fight For Five" threads is a bit like watching the Stone Mountain laser light show. At some point you just have to move on.

Seriously, KP was a great show. But dragging it out any further would just kill whatever fond memories we have of it, if the barely passable Season 4 is any indication. Bob and Mark have been working on their new project at Nickelodeon for months now. Steve Loter has left Disney as well. Disney scheduled the episodes eratically for quite some time in an obvious move to get the show cancelled because, "No one was watching it at 3 am."

I recently watched American Gangster (great movie, btw), and there's a line in there that I really liked: "Quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." Ending the show while it's still going strong is the best decision they could have made, though I would argue that the show already jumped the shark by the time Hana was introduced. Seriously, magical ninja baby? Come on.

I suppose my skeptical attitude toward this is a combination of the fact that I'm just a cynic, and also because I didn't get into this fandom because of the show. I was drawn to the fanfiction and fanart aspects, and I watched the show to better understand the characters. I don't care if we get another season or not; hell, I probably wouldn't even watch it. Too busy writing stories based on what I would like to happen.

But that's just my opinion. You all continue fighting a pointless battle that you'll never win. See if I care.

lord_victorino

[11]Nov 15, 2007
    beeftony wrote:

Seeing all these "Fight For Five" threads is a bit like watching the laser light show. At some point you just have to move on.

Seriously, KP was a great show. But dragging it out any further would just kill whatever fond memories we have of it, if the barely passable Season 4 is any indication. Bob and Mark have been working on their new project at Nickelodeon for months now. Steve Loter has left Disney as well. Disney scheduled the episodes eratically for quite some time in an obvious move to get the show cancelled because, "No one was watching it at 3 am."

I recently watched American Gangster (great movie, btw), and there's a line in there that I really liked: "Quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." Ending the show while it's still going strong is the best decision they could have made, though I would argue that the show already jumped the shark by the time Hana was introduced. Seriously, magical ninja baby? Come on.

I suppose my skeptical attitude toward this is a combination of the fact that I'm just a cynic, and also because I didn't get into this fandom because of the show. I was drawn to the fanfiction and fanart aspects, and I watched the show to better understand the characters. I don't care if we get another season or not; hell, I probably wouldn't even watch it. Too busy writing stories based on what I would like to happen.

But that's just my opinion. You all continue fighting a pointless battle that you'll never win. See if I care.

Hi beeftony, I have a beef to pick with you. I, for one, believe that Kim Possible is a Great Show, I have Great Memories of previous seasons, and I want more... Much More... And, I for one, am willing to fight on for more Kim Possible. And by the looks of things, like you said yourself, we are "Seeing all these "Fight For Five" threads", everywhere. Isn't it Romontic. If you really didn't care you would not post or continue to post, so in somes ways, you do care. A difference in opinion, but you do care. "Seriously, magical ninja baby?", Well, All I got to say to that is, "Seriously, A Cheerleader that saves the world on a daily basis, has a sidekick with magical monkey powers, and battles Super Villians some of which have magicial power of some sort, themselves". You can not take this show that seriously. I mean, come on, that is what makes it so Great! And the term "Jumping the Shark", that is so 70's Show. And as far as I'm concern they have not done enough with Kim Possible must less has, as you say, "Jumped the Shark". They really need to do more with Kim Possible and not less. I do wish Mark, Bob, and Steve the very best on their future projects with Nickelodeon or where ever they might be in the future. They and others that gave life to Kim Possible have done a Great Job, and I will always be Greatful to them. But with that said, that alone will not convience me that I can't fight on for more Kim Possible. In fact because of you, beeftony and others like yourself have only managed to feed the fire inside me to press on with this, like you said, "pointless battle that you'll never win". So keep posting, so you can keep fueling the fire inside us Save Kim Possible Fans. Some things are worth Fighting for, no matter what the odds are. Kim Possible is just one of those things. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain, for fighting on. And no matter what happens, if anything, in the future with Kim Possible, there is not anything that can ever, And I do mean EVER, take away what there has already been. And I look forward to more Kim Possible in the future. Please and Thankyou, Tony M. Victorino

elvisjj

[12]Nov 15, 2007

I suppose my skeptical attitude toward this is a combination of the fact that I'm just a cynic, that's so true there beeftony.

The Fight For Five is very much alive to restore Kim Possible to her proper place the Disney Channel on Saturdays at 8:00 P.M. And as for never happening. Well isn't that what was said to all those fans of "Jericho" who've just won back their show by fighting tooth and nail for it and sending nuts to CBS? I mean it's all about how strong and how determined you are to win back a show. And obviously the Fight For Five is becoming a force to reckon with, as each day we go stronger, more determined and more organized. Our media campaign is starting to fall into place, the word is going out to the public about our campaign to win back a show that truly deserves to be back on the air, Kim Possible.

The worldwide KP fans are slowly beginning to unite to restore Kim Possible to her glory and to preserve her legacy for generations to come. Bob, Mark, and Steve will probably come back to the show once they get the call from Disney to come back and the more negativity we get, the more we turn that negativityinto a positive.

And now KP fans fighting for five will be looking to unite with American Dragon fans to form a combined force to take on Disney and restore both shows back to back on the Disney Channel at 8:00 and 8:30 P.M. And as for season four. Again beeftony your welcome to your opinion, but to me and to the majority of KP fans, Season Four rocked with the exception of a few episodes and "Graduation" made us want to see more of Kim Possible then ever before.

So if you believe that Kim Possible deserves a Season Five and you want to see a Season Five. Then join the fastest growing movement in the world today...the official Fight For Five for Kim Possible and American Dragon at the Ron Stoppable site

http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/check us out at The official Fight For Five posting.

beeftony

[13]Nov 15, 2007

You know, I might be more inclined to agree with you if you weren't promoting your cause more than PBS. You just come off as a little too idealistic to me, which I find hard to respect.

Allow me to repeat myself: I'm not very fond of the show. The last two seasons especially were an abysmal rush job that, although it had its good points, ultimately showed that creativity was quickly declining on their end. I hated pretty much all the episodes that did not involve Shego in some way, shape or form. I also didn't appreciate the apparent apathy of the writers towards their own creation. "Continuity by accident" is one of the biggest copouts of this century.

I do, however, like the characters and the world they inhabit, and so I write my own adventures for them. It allows me to do things the way I want to see them, instead of being spoon-fed some bullsh*t by network execs. KP has a great premise, the possibilities of which are truly endless, but as long as it's on Disney, that amazing potential will continue to be wasted.

So if the show were to come back (which it won't), I wouldn't want it to be on Disney. They screw pretty much everything up by making it "kid friendly." They ruined K/R for me. I freaking hate Disney.

So yeah, while I respect your resolve, get over it already, man. All you're doing at this point is annoying people.

Llama_guy

[14]Nov 16, 2007
    You've got a point, beef. I admit, Season 4 had it's good episodes, but a lot of them were not good at all. Thrash' in other words. Doesn't have the original show feel. Whenever I watch older episodes, from the first and second seasons, I can't imagine that it's the same show as it was in season 4.
    And the "Continuity by accident" thing is bugging me as well. I find a small line that the show goes by, but I can't say it's very strong, nor does it have any much continuity about it. And that's the reason I watch anime series (like Bleach and Avatar); they have the continuity that I think makes a great show.
    To me, the show jumped the shark with season 4.
    BTW, beef, cool new icon

elvisjj

[15]Nov 16, 2007

Well your welcome to your opinion beeftony and you too Llama guy. But in my opinion the first season of Kim Possible was the pretty much the worse of the entire series. The first season the show was all over the place including the voices. Ron's voice itself changed over and so did the animation and story lines. Very few episodes in season one even caught my attention and had it stayed the way season one was, I wouldn't be fighting for a fifth season. But it started to change in season two when Bob, Mark, and Steve got the direction right for the series and season three was the best and as for season four. I mean several episodes were totally awesome, "Mad Dogs and Aliens" "Big Bother" "Oh No Yono" "Clean Slate" "Clothes minded" and my favorite "Homecoming upset" still proved that KP had staying power. There were some episodes that didn't make the cut in my opinion like "Grande size me"and "Nursery Crimes" but hey no series has all perfect episodes. And though I might have not liked it, there might be KP fans out there who did.

In mad dogs and aliens I laughed myself to the point of tears with Shego, Drakken and Warmongo, that was just too much. "Clean Slate" was touching and extremely funny and a great storyline. And "Homecoming Upset" Excellent, I mean excellent writing and perfect humor all the way. So don't tell me the show has lost it's edge, it's just got so much better then ever before. But then again that's my opinion and that's all it is.

Remember you all have your opinions and your entitled to it. But for the majority of us worldwide we enjoyed and lots of us loved season four and the majority of us, and the numbers are growing each and every day want a Season Five. And believe it not, like Ripley said...a Season Five will happen. It's just a matter of time, remember the same mocking was said about "Jericho" and even one of my favorites "Futurama" which is back in production with new episodes, after being off the air for how many years?

Had the fan base of "Futurama" simply justgiven up and listened to the negative criticism that they kept getting. "Like there's no way "Futurama" is ever going to get resurrected or renew." Fans worldwide wouldn't be enjoying 22 new episodes coming in 2008 to Comedy Central and the Comedy Network in Canada. So every Futurama fan who loves the show and wants to see new episodes have the fans who fought to get new episodes to thank for. Just like with Jericho.

lord_victorino

[16]Nov 16, 2007

Hi All,

A lot of KP anti-season 5 people keep saying the same arguments over and over again. Kim Possible Jumped the Shark, Mark, Bob, and Steve are no longer with Disney, the writers have painted themselves in the corner, any more Kim Possible will just ruin the show as a whole, and etc... What a bunch a huey, IMO.

Some people think inside the Box, while others think outside the Box. Well, I throw away the Box and use my imagination. I want more Kim Possible. Much More... There are a lot of ways that Kim Possible could continue is one way or the other. A Season 5 with Kim Possible the College Years, A 5 episode mini-series of some sort, TV Movie, Theatrical movie, and do I dare say Crossover or Spin-off. And i could go on and on.

There are lots of avenues that can still be explored. I do believe in Quality over Quantity, but that does not mean that you can not have both.

I am not just fighting for five, but for Kim Possible, herself. If we don't fight for such a Great Show, as Kim Possible, then what show do we fight for?

I for one am going to keep up the Fight!

Please and Thank You,

Tony M. Victorino

beeftony

[17]Nov 16, 2007

elvisjj wrote:
    I mean several episodes were totally awesome, "Mad Dogs and Aliens" "Big Bother" "Oh No Yono" "Clean Slate" "Clothes minded" and my favorite "Homecoming upset" still proved that KP had staying power.

Okay, I'm with you on MD&A, "Clean Slate," and "Homecoming Upset," but as for those other three:

"Big Bother" was the debut of "secret ninja baby," which makes it unforgivable IMO. "Intruder," indeed. The only things I found remotely entertaining were the sack of flour subplot and Monkey Fist's recurring line: "This is what I get for letting the monkey drive." The rest is crap. Yori's reaction, while in-character for her (i.e., self-denial in favor of a greater cause), was completely contradictory to the rest of the series in which she is shown as having very strong feelings towards Ron and seems to have been placed in there purely for the humor value, which utterly ruins it for me. Plus, I just can't get past the fact that Ron brought his baby sister on a mission. A baby sister that ultimately kicked Monkey Fist's butt, but a freaking BABY nonetheless. No wonder that sack of flour broke so many times; he's a horrible caretaker.

"Oh No! Yono" features one of the dumbest boss battles of all time, with a baby kicking ancient evil butt by dancing to a children's show. On top of which, they changed "Hana" to "Han" without freaking telling us, so I'm sitting there going, "WTF?" whenever her name is mentioned. In addition, they took yet another opportunity to trash Ron's character, implying that he was in diapers until sophomore year (although we have several instances that prove he's worn boxers since at least the first season, which was their freshman year). I did think Yono was badass, though, and Monkey Fist has never been better. But the plot in which they were involved sucks ass. So remind me again what was so redeeming about this episode? Oh, right, the K/R kiss finally happened. Like I give a naked mole rat's ass about that.

If I didn't think that Kim was a total Mary Sue before, "Clothes Minded" convinced me of that. The fact that NOBODY, not even Shego, criticized her new outfit when it was revealed was enough to make me ROLL MY EYES. It sucked! Oh, and then there's the whole fact that it was a pointless filler episode meant to introduce Kim's new threads. This is one of the many episodes that they should have just removed to get more space for the finale.

My favorite episode this season was "Stop Team Go." You may draw your own conclusions as to why that is.

Why yes, I am bitter and frequently feel the need to direct hostility at others. Why do you ask?

Edited on 11/16/2007 9:36pm

Llama_guy

[18]Nov 17, 2007

elvisjj wrote:
    So don't tell me the show has lost it's edge, it's just got so much better then ever before. But then again that's my opinion and that's all it is. Remember you all have your opinions and your entitled to it

Yeah, that's really contradicting yourself. Firstly, you tell us to not tell you that the show has lost it's edge, even if we think so. In other words, you tell us to not express your opinion. And then you say that we are all entitled to our opinions

elvisjj wrote:
    Had the fan base of "Futurama" simply justgiven up and listened to the negative criticism that they kept getting. "Like there's no way "Futurama" is ever going to get resurrected or renew." Fans worldwide wouldn't be enjoying 22 new episodes coming in 2008 to Comedy Central and the Comedy Network in Canada. So every Futurama fan who loves the show and wants to see new episodes have the fans who fought to get new episodes to thank for.

There's kinda the same thing there as with Kim Possible. It had a great ending. A real ending. Kim Possible also had that with StD. A real ending. Whether it was great or not is not my point. But both shows had their real endings before begin canceled. I don't want to see any more than that.

lord_victorino wrote:
    A lot of KP anti-season 5 people keep saying the same arguments over and over again. Kim Possible Jumped the Shark, Mark, Bob, and Steve are no longer with Disney, the writers have painted themselves in the corner, any more Kim Possible will just ruin the show as a whole, and etc... What a bunch a huey, IMO.

Dude, that's just the summary of what I think. But while we have good arguments, I don't think I've seen so many more arguments from your side than "Kim Possible is a great show that will keep going great" or something in that direction.

lord_victorino wrote:
    Some people think inside the Box, while others think outside the Box. Well, I throw away the Box and use my imagination. I want more Kim Possible. Much More... There are a lot of ways that Kim Possible could continue is one way or the other. A Season 5 with Kim Possible the College Years, A 5 episode mini-series of some sort, TV Movie, Theatrical movie, and do I dare say Crossover or Spin-off. And i could go on and on.

Uh, I also think outside the box. And I see many ways KP could continue I don't find any of them good.

Now, Season 4 had it's good moments, but many bad episodes. If it continue with more seasons, I think the trend will continue. Less good episodes, more bad episodes. I highly doubt that it will turn. That is, if the show will continue.

And what if Disney decides to use different writers if they renew it? That wouldn't be so good, would it? I mean, if Mark and Bob are still with Nick, and they decide to renew it, and then they hire in some other writers. The show would probably get even worse than what it is.

Edited on 11/17/2007 2:59am

lazyjay

[19]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 30
    elvisjj wrote:
    Had the fan base of "Futurama" simply justgiven up and listened to the negative criticism that they kept getting. "Like there's no way "Futurama" is ever going to get resurrected or renew." Fans worldwide wouldn't be enjoying 22 new episodes coming in 2008 to Comedy Central and the Comedy Network in Canada. So every Futurama fan who loves the show and wants to see new episodes have the fans who fought to get new episodes to thank for.

Ok dude, get your facts straight.

There are *not* 22 new episodes of Futurama coming out. There are 4 Direct to DVD Futurama movies coming out (starting with Bender's Big Score on November 27,2007) which are being reworked and into 16 episodes. Comedy Central will begin airing the entire series of Futurama in January 2008 including the 16 episode reworks from the movies. 16 does not equal 22.

We Futurama fans didn't get our reward as the result of silly petitions or "sending nuts/shampoo" campaigns... we got what we wanted by using what businesses *really* understand... we spent our money on their product. We made them richer by buying the DVD season box sets and by jacking up the ratings by watching reruns on Cartoon Network.

As a result their reasoning was that Futurama is a money making niche product and it would be profitable to produce new product targeted toward those niche consumers.

Now, as far as Kim Possible coming back... I can't see it as a good possibility. KP Had its first 3 briliant seasons and an ending. Then it had a mediocre, sometimes fantastic, sometimes dreck, 4th season an amazing second ending (which seemed to say "this time we really mean it!"). It has come to an end at a high point. We have had a well rounded full run of a pretty well told story with fantastic charters in a creatively concieved universe... and then some. Why do we need more?

Michael Jordan comes to mind. The best basketball player of all time has been reduced to the butt of all "didn't know when to quit" jokes. Do you really want to add the classification of "once great but now sad" to KP?

MajehKing

[20]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 16
    (blinks)...wow, alot of anger in this thread. Looks to me like KP civil war brewing: those on the North saying, "and that's that!" and those on the South going, "we shall rise again!"

I'm staying neutral on this one.