Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

would you like to see a seaon 5 of kim possible?

  • Avatar of bbqsauce13

    bbqsauce13

    [21]Nov 17, 2007
    • member since: 04/25/06
    • level: 39
    • rank: Fonzerelli
    • posts: 964

    MajehKing wrote:
    (blinks)...wow, alot of anger in this thread. Looks to me like KP civil war brewing: those on the North saying, "and that's that!" and those on the South going, "we shall rise again!" I'm staying neutral on this one.

    *joins North*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of elvisjj

    elvisjj

    [22]Nov 17, 2007
    • member since: 04/24/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 843

    Smart move on the neutral part there MajehKing. Though nothing gets things brewing then a well rounded debate or argument on both sides of the issue. As clearly both sides must agree on one thing and that is neither side will get the upper hand in this argument, debate, or whatever you wish to call it. Some of us see it one way, whiles other see it another way. In the end it'll end up becoming a stalemate like in chess.

    But as for my facts lazyjay, I was off by what? 6 episodes, wow. But my point was simple. New episodes no matter how you look at it. I know about the reworking direct to DVD Futurama movies cause I did my homework. Believe it or not, Futurama coming back is big news and I read the article in a major magazineon the revival of Futurama. And it was very inspiring, it gives hope to all other shows that were cancelled and fans want to bring back, case in point Kim Possible.

    What you did fail to mention in your post is the fans letter writing campaign. And that was clearly spelled out in the article I read and I completely believe there was a major letter writing campaign going on through out the whole time Futurama was off the air. Yes putting your money where your mouth was helped the Futurama campaign get new episodes, but it wasn't just fans buying the DVD's of Futurama or pushing it up in ratings in syndication. It was the fact that there were still fans out there fighting to get Futurama back, both financially and by continuously lobbying for itthrough a letter writing campaign.And I happen to be a huge Futurama fan myself. And in my opinion I couldn't understand why the show was ever cancelled in the first place? But then again neither did Family Guy fans understand the reason and that's why they fought to get it back. If Futurama is going to be the success that I expect all the new episodes to be, I'm sure Fox will consider putting it back onto their line-up. Cause again you forgot to mention this in your posting, that Fox has an option of picking up Futurama after the new episodes air. And I for one hope Fox does, cause it would rock to have new episodes of Futurama, Family Guy, and American Dad all on one night.

    Now as for Kim Possible doing a Michael Jordan, highly unlikely. But again you'll debate it and so will others. But in my opinion when Season Five happens it'll be totally awesome, cause I got faith that the same writers will return and Disney most likely will call back Bob, Mark, and Steve to the project. Unless of course they want to deliberately kill it, but that again wouldn't make for smart marketing or good press. If they don't even offer an invitation to Bob, Mark, and Steve to come back to Kim Possible.

    And beeftony at least will agree on one episode together. Stop team Go was really an excellent episode, the cooco-moo is a classic. And Kim's line to Ron when Ron turns evil was funny as ever. But I don't agree with your opinions on big bother or Oh no Yono. I found both episodes to be fun, as I don't take Kim Possible as seriously as I would say "House" or "24." Kim Possible is meant to be light-hearted fun and fantasy, it's typical Walt Disney imagination where anything and everything can happen. If your a tradition Walt Disney fan like I am, and I grew up with Walt Disney then you enjoy episodes like big bother and Oh No Yono for the Walt Disney magic and imagination that the episodes had. Again it's a matter of taste, just like coffee or cooco-moo.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minister_magic

    minister_magic

    [23]Nov 17, 2007
    • member since: 09/13/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 553
    I'm not looking for a fight so im just going to say this. Kim Possible in my opinion is the best show ever but like all show it must end. I would like a season 5 but if I had to choose between another season and DVD box-sets i would take the DVDs. Really after all you did to get a season 4 be happy that you got it. oh and im not saying that i wouldnt like box-sets AND another season. i just think theres no way thats gonna happen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beeftony

    beeftony

    [24]Nov 17, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,190

    elvisjj wrote:
    Now as for Kim Possible doing a Michael Jordan, highly unlikely. But again you'll debate it and so will others. But in my opinion when Season Five happens it'll be totally awesome, cause I got faith that the same writers will return and Disney most likely will call back Bob, Mark, and Steve to the project. Unless of course they want to deliberately kill it, but that again wouldn't make for smart marketing or good press. If they don't even offer an invitation to Bob, Mark, and Steve to come back to Kim Possible.

    The only thing that's "highly unlikely" in this case is the show coming back at all. Mark recently said the following in an interview with Jim Hill Media:

    Article wrote:
    "Any story idea that had been proposed for the first three seasons of the show that we had previously dismissed as being too out-there, too crazy, we finally went with."

    If that doesn't say, "We ran out of ideas," I don't know what does.

    And I don't know what rock you've been hiding under, but Disney was trying to deliberately kill it the moment they pre-empted "Big Bother" in favor of the second Harry Potter movie. They kept moving the schedule around on us in an attempt to drive down the ratings enough to justify cancelling it. Even with Eisner gone, they're still a bunch of idiots....

    Edited on 11/17/2007 10:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 1357900

    1357900

    [25]Nov 18, 2007
    • member since: 10/23/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 448
    MajehKing wrote:
    (blinks)...wow, alot of anger in this thread. Looks to me like KP civil war brewing: those on the North saying, "and that's that!" and those on the South going, "we shall rise again!" I'm staying neutral on this one.


    Yeah, I can feel the heat. And it is very tempting to sway to any side, as opposed to staying neutral.

    beeftony wrote:

    Even with Eisner gone, they're still a bunch of idiots....



    Amen to that, Disney, & Nick have over the years lost my interest. They've way too erroded, & gone sour. I don't watch either, anymore. They're nothing like what they were 10-15 some yr.s ago.

    Article wrote:
    "Any story idea that had been proposed for the first three seasons of the show that we had previously dismissed as being too out-there, too crazy, we finally went with."


    Actually, to me, it says both, "ran out of ideas", & "desperate".

    minister_magic wrote:
    I'm not looking for a fight so im just going to say this. Kim Possible in my opinion is the best show ever but like all show it must end. I would like a season 5 but if I had to choose between another season and DVD box-sets i would take the DVDs. Really after all you did to get a season 4 be happy that you got it. oh and im not saying that i wouldnt like box-sets AND another season. i just think theres no way thats gonna happen.


    A fight for either dvd boxsets, or another season are both long winded fights. I believe that with Jesus Christ, all things are possible. Obviously, I'm a Christian, so that is what I believe. So, not everyone here has the same views as me. That said, I also believe there are causes which are not as important as others, this being one of those less important causes. I support the fight for KP, but I know not everyone agrees. That's something I gladly respect. Society is terrible when everyone forfeits their opinions, as long as those opinions are voiced within reason of the law, & w/ respect to others. If the dvd boxsets, new season, or whatever of KP, the fight will be long, & drawn out. Now, do I believe the ffKP should tax all my efforts? No, not really. It's{KP} not something I consider to be life-altering. But, my resources, & time I choose to allocate to any said cause, I will not try to impose my view on others, on less important matters. I know I'm gonna sound like a gloom cloud, but this thread is rather pointless, & monotonous. People can't always be swayed to a given person's opinion. The arguments in this thread are null, & negate themselves. What's the old saying? Oh yeah, "6 of 1, half dozen of another."

    Why did I say all this? I'll finally get to the point:

    @ffKP people: Please stop playing the "fight for Kp" tune. I know I can tell you this on RS.net, but you'll check here first. Here's a suggestion: Try looking for people who want to see KP continue in some form. Playing this tune again, & again to people who are content w/ KP ending, makes for an anoyying post. I know if people constantly "nag" me to join a cause, I get very anoyyed. Please stop, before it's too late.

    @Non-ffKP people: I totally understand your opinions. I don't agree w/ all them, but I respect them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of elvisjj

    elvisjj

    [26]Nov 18, 2007
    • member since: 04/24/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 843

    And I don't know what rock you've been hiding under, but Disney was trying to deliberately kill it the moment they pre-empted "Big Bother" in favor of the second Harry Potter movie. They kept moving the schedule around on us in an attempt to drive down the ratings enough to justify cancelling it. Even with Eisner gone, they're still a bunch of idiots....

    Ok the above statement I agree with beeftony. Disney has been trying to kill Kim Possible for a long while? Why they'd want to kill the best show they ever put on Disney Channel is beyond me? Unless of course somewhere down the line it's personal to them. Kim Possible never got the respect the Mouse has or any of the other characters relating to the mouse. Disney has given High School Musical way more respect then Kim Possible ever had, even in it's early days. And yes they attempted to drive down the ratings for KP by moving the showaround constantly. That's a standard practice that networks have when they want to kill a show. It's been done so many times, FOX did it before with Family Guy. I mean I remember having to search for Family Guy as it was either on at a different time slot or pre-empted, whatever. So I know Disney pulled out it's book of how to try to justify cancelling Kim Possible by moving Kim Possible around hoping fans wouldn't tune in, well Disney failed in that attempt cause Kim Possible still managed to maintain decent ratings, it would have been even higher rates had Disney not kept shifting it around.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of clockking515

    clockking515

    [27]Nov 18, 2007
    • member since: 07/11/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 45
    beeftony wrote:

    If I didn't think that Kim was a total Mary Sue before, "Clothes Minded" convinced me of that. The fact that NOBODY, not even Shego, criticized her new outfit when it was revealed was enough to make me ROLL MY EYES. It sucked! Oh, and then there's the whole fact that it was a pointless filler episode meant to introduce Kim's new threads. This is one of the many episodes that they should have just removed to get more space for the finale.

    If you honestly think that Shego complimenting on Kim's new mission outfit makes her a Mary Sue then you have issues. That thought alone deserves a roll the eyes emoticon.

    You want a true Mary Sue, look no further than the annoying ninja baby (Han Stoppable) that upstages everyone. I could've done w/out ever seeing her. I also could've done w/out Homecoming Upset & Cap'n Drakken, as those episodes were just terrible.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lord_victorino

    lord_victorino

    [28]Nov 18, 2007
    • member since: 05/11/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 91

    Hi All,

    Huh? War Here? I don't know about the rest of you all, but I'm here just to post my thoughts and oppinions. It's not like this is an exclusive club or anything. I have every right to post just like the rest of anyone here. If you find my or anyone else post(s) annoying, just don't read them nor post or re-post a reply. It's just that simple. Iam saving my energy in waging war with Disney and the on going stuggle incovensing Disney to continue Kim Possible in some shape or form. But I will continue to post my thoughts and oppinions here and else where as I see fit to do so.

    Unlike some here that just want some of us to just quit posting, I welcome all who want to post and repost replies, even with opposing view points. The more the merrier. I believe in opening up dailog that wished to Fight for more Kim Possible and those that choose not to and their reasons for and against. I also welcome any corrections that someone may have. But remember we all here are only human, and we do make mistakes from time to time.I don't wish to wage war against anyone. Everyone has a right to their own oppinion, but I don't like it when people seem to want to Silence or Censor someone, just because they don't like their oppinion(s) or Post(s). As long as it fits inside the rules here, I don't see a problem.

    People keep using quotes from other movies and shows, as well as bits and pieces of interviews and give their take on it that somehow supports their position on an issue. This is flawed, because most of which is taken out of contexts and they are just giving their interpretation on what they must have ment. If you really want to inform others from said interviews, then post links to them, so we all can read them fully and make our own judgment on them. I keep hearing the term, "Jump the Shark". Look, even after Fonzy in happy Days did jump the shark, that did not mean that it ruined the show as a whole. It's not like it was the End of the World. Some will argue that the show went down hill from there and they don't want the same thing to happen to Kim Possible. I can understand your view point on this, but I disagree with it. IMO, I think that Happy Days did not go down hill until after the Mork episode, myself. But that's just my oppinion.I do agree that one man's meat is another man's poisen. Obviously I like things about Kim Possible that others dislike. And this is where we disagree. But that's no reason to want someone to just stop posting their thoughts or oppinions.

    I believe that Season 4 of kim Possible was the Best Season of Kim Possible, Ever. I for one have been staying up after midnight just to watch as much of Season 4 Kim Possible as possible. I can't seem to get enough. I have archival copies of all these episodes, but can't help but watch it when I am able to do so when it comes on. I have never done that with any other show in my life, before, much less than with Season 1 -3 of Kim Possible.I really only have gripes with 4 episodes in season 4, they areGrande Size Me, Mathter and Fervent , Chasing Rufus, and Nursery Crimes. And after watching both Mathter and Ferventand Chasing Rufusa few more times, they are starting to grow on me. I love Kim's Battle Suit, I love Kim's New Car, I love Ron's Mystical Monkey Powers, I love cute little ninja baby Hana, and I love how they shipped Drakken and Shego in Graduation. So you can understand why I want more of the same. But with that said, after reading other peoples previous opposing posts, I can under stand whysome of you do not. I don't agree with that, but I do respect that. Just like you should respect what I like or dislike about Kim Possible. And why I want more Kim Possible in some shape or form.

    Like I said before, I welcome all pro and con view points about mypost above. Or if you still find it annoying, youcan jsut ignor it, as well. It's your choise.

    As for me, I will continue the on going stuggle for the Fight For Five for Kim Possible.

    Please and Thank You,

    Tony M. Victorino

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beeftony

    beeftony

    [29]Nov 18, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,190
    clockking515 wrote:
    If you honestly think that Shego complimenting on Kim's new mission outfit makes her a Mary Sue then you have issues. That thought alone deserves a roll the eyes emoticon.

    You want a true Mary Sue, look no further than the annoying ninja baby (Han Stoppable) that upstages everyone. I could've done w/out ever seeing her. I also could've done w/out Homecoming Upset & Cap'n Drakken, as those episodes were just terrible.

    No, Hana is a Deus Ex Machina, not a Mary-Sue. She's not presented as overly perfect, she just achieves a bunch of cheap victories.

    It wasn't the fact that Shego begrudgingly complimented her on the outfit that made me jump to "Mary-Sue," it's the fact that the line itself felt forced and OOC for Shego. Also, I was using hyperbole for the sake of making a point that the moment in question really upset me because it was just bad acting. Yes, it was a bit of an overstatement, but it wasn't too far from the truth, which is that the outfit sucked and the script wouldn't allow any of the characters to admit it.

    lord_victorino wrote:
    People keep using quotes from other movies and shows, as well as bits and pieces of interviews and give their take on it that somehow supports their position on an issue. This is flawed, because most of which is taken out of contexts and they are just giving their interpretation on what they must have ment. If you really want to inform others from said interviews, then post links to them, so we all can read them fully and make our own judgment on them.

    Um....

    I did link to it. I also gave my personal opinion on what those words meant; I didn't take them out of context. Here's a bit of advice: don't issue blanket statements like that without specifying who the exceptions are. Otherwise it just sounds like you're blaming everyone.

    Edited on 11/18/2007 10:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lord_victorino

    lord_victorino

    [30]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 05/11/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 91

    Hi beeftony,

    I stand corrected about the Link. Like I said in my previous post, I'm only Human. The Link was listed so small that I missed it. My Bad. Thanks for the correction.

    For those who want to see it fully. I listed it in long form so everyone can see it. Here is the Link, again:

    http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2007/09/06/does-graduation-actually-bring-kim-possible-s-career-to-a-close-maybe.aspx

    But you failed to list the rest of the Paragraph and the one underneath it. Here it is:

    "Any story idea that had originally been proposed for the first three seasons of the show that we had previously dismissed as being too out-there, too crazy, we finally went with," Mark said. " Like 'Cap'n Drakken.' Everyone thought that weproduced that episode because we were under pressure from Disney tocome up witha 'Kim Possible' episode that could be used to cross-promote 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.' But that wasn't really the case. We just wanted to do an episode that featured pirates. And so we did."

    Schooley & McCorkle also made a real effort to please 'Kim Possible' fans. They used the Internet to keep tabs on which earlier episodes had been particularly popular, which characters the fans wanted to see again.

    If that doesn't say, "Give the Kim Possible Fans what they want", I don't know what does.

    But then again some one could pick out the rest of that Paragraph and the one underneath it:

    They then used this information to help map out the final season of the show.

    "This time around," Mark continued, " It was all about closure & continuity. Tying up the loose ends. Bringing back favorite characters for one final bow."

    Then some one could say that, If that doesn't say, "That this is the last of Kim Possible", I don't know what does.

    But then again, some one might point out the first paragraphof the whole Interview:

    Does "Graduation" actually bring Kim Possible's career to a close? Maybe

    If that doesn't say, "Maybe? Well, that's not a No!, So there might be hope for more Kim Possible, after all", I don't know what does.

    My point is that I or anyone can continue to pick and choose bits and pieces all day and give our take on what we think that they mean. But it does not mean anything, besides the words that are written.

    And i'm not blaming anyone, just disagreeing with your interpretation, beeftony.

    Please and Thank You,

    Tony M. Victorino

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beeftony

    beeftony

    [31]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,190
    lord_victorino wrote:
    "Any story idea that had originally been proposed for the first three seasons of the show that we had previously dismissed as being too out-there, too crazy, we finally went with," Mark said. " Like 'Cap'n Drakken.' Everyone thought that weproduced that episode because we were under pressure from Disney tocome up witha 'Kim Possible' episode that could be used to cross-promote 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.' But that wasn't really the case. We just wanted to do an episode that featured pirates. And so we did."

    Schooley & McCorkle also made a real effort to please 'Kim Possible' fans. They used the Internet to keep tabs on which earlier episodes had been particularly popular, which characters the fans wanted to see again.

    If that doesn't say, "Give the Kim Possible Fans what they want", I don't know what does.

    Yeah, but they only really went to RS.net, which means they only gave a fraction of the KP fans what they wanted. There exists an entirely separate fansite (KP Slash Haven) composed of people who want Kim and Shego to be a couple instead of Kim and Ron. Now I'll admit that "Stop Team Go" was probably a nod to KiGo shippers, but in one of the recent chats, they either passed or gave half-assed nonanswers to the questions that were submitted by that site. In contrast, the questions from RS.net were at least answered, if not necessarily expanded upon.

    My point is that the creators played favorites and only catered to the people who agreed with what they had established so far. That's not giving fans what they want; that's spoonfeeding a mindless audience.

    And could you please explain to me how exactly Felix/Zita is "what the fans want?"

    lord_victorino wrote:
    My point is that I or anyone can continue to pick and choose bits and pieces all day and give our take on what we think that they mean. But it does not mean anything, besides the words that are written.

    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. You're saying that everything should be taken at face value when anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that's no way to go about things. Words have no inherent meaning; interpretation is everything. Meaning is something taken, not imbued.

    I know you're trying to come across as a peacemaker, but dude, you're only stirring up more debate by pretending to be neutral. It's fairly obvious that "some people" is you, you're just afraid to admit it. Stand by your opinions instead of attributing them to a faceless entity in the interest of avoiding opposition.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of clockking515

    clockking515

    [32]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 07/11/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 45
    beeftony wrote:

    Yeah, but they only really went to RS.net, which means they only gave a fraction of the KP fans what they wanted. There exists an entirely separate fansite (KP Slash Haven) composed of people who want Kim and Shego to be a couple instead of Kim and Ron. Now I'll admit that "Stop Team Go" was probably a nod to KiGo shippers, but in one of the recent chats, they either passed or gave half-assed nonanswers to the questions that were submitted by that site. In contrast, the questions from RS.net were at least answered, if not necessarily expanded upon.

    Just because they only posted there doesn't mean they didn't visit other sites, and seriously if any Kigo shippers honestly think that anything serious is going to happen between Kim and Shego, then their just deluding themselves. And when you've got a fanbase as loyal as KP's you have to think objectively about what the majority wants. Not what beeftony and the Kigo shippers just want.

    :
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. You're saying that everything should be taken at face value when anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that's no way to go about things. Words have no inherent meaning; interpretation is everything. Meaning is something taken, not imbued.

    Only a Kigo shipper would say something as delusional as interpretation>face value, because in retrospective Kigo will never have any face value or be canon. That's one thing that ticks me off about fan fic writers when defending the finale. They'll say something as ridiculous as the open ending leaves things better open opportunities for individual opinions and for fan fic writers.

    NEWS FLASH open endings for the sake of individual interpretation adds NOTHING of value to the show or its end product. Meaning at the end of the day, fans can make up their own ending all they want, but its not official to the series and it never will be, and thinking that it is, is just a pipe dream. It was absolutely stupid to leave the question of whether Kim and Ron will end up at the same college wide open, especially after 40 minutes of build up.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beeftony

    beeftony

    [33]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,190
    You're making some implications about KiGo shippers that I'm not comfortable with. In fact your tone upsets me quite a bit. Could you please at least come across as polite, if not necessarily respectful?
    Edited on 11/19/2007 2:14pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 1357900

    1357900

    [34]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 10/23/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 448

    Just for the record, open endedness does indeed allow more opportunities for fanfic writers. Take Star Wars for example, writers used a formula, that had endless possibilities. Because of this, the SW Expanded Universe exists, & there's a lot of canonitity to it. Just to name something, 2 of my favorite characters: Jedi knight Kyle Katarn, & mercanary Jan Ors exist in the SWEU because of open-endedness. Another example, is the Justice League cartoon on Bommerang. Sure, Lex Luthor, & the resurrected Darkseid fused with Braniac; all of them died. But first, & foremost, death in comics is generally the same as in PotC{Pirates}. And second, the very ending showed all the Justice League running out of the Metro tower, to continue fighting the Society of Villains. There's open-endedness there. Besides, no one wants their favorite stories, & universes to die, so, the fans continue even after the show dies. Yes, fanon isn't canon, but it's what the fans want. K/R is canon, but there are fanfics galore for this pairing/ship. Why? It's what the fans want. So,I think I've made my point on openendedness.

    And for the Kigo comment, Beeftony, & that supposedly small handful of people are probably just as big a ship, as K/R. I would guesstimate K/R shippers are only slightly larger in numbers than for Kigo. And no, Kigo fans aren't delusional, they just want different content than K/R. True, we don't know for a fact, that the creators, only used ideas from RS.net. But we don't know for a fact that they did use ideas from other sites as well.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beeftony

    beeftony

    [35]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,190

    Finally calmed down enough to say this:

    I hardly think that a fansite with over 1,200 members qualifies as a "minority" in the KP fandom. A Deviant Art search for "KiGo" returns 1,453 results as opposed to 1,962 results for "K/R." That's a difference of 509, which among other evidence suggests that KiGo is the second most popular ship in the KP fandom. Other ships like Rongo (which I also support) are in the minority.

    I like open endings because I like writing fanfiction. I fail to see how that makes my opinion any less valid. You, clockking15, are poisoning the well by using assumptions about my character to cast doubt on my arguments. This is a fallacious way of arguing, not to mention just plain rude. I would appreciate it if you only debated the points themselves, and kept your assumptions about me as a person to yourself. It's common courtesy.

    You also need to stop stating your opinions as fact. Maybe you think that open endings are a bunch of bogus, but that doesn't mean that everyone will necessarily agree with you. Acknowledge the fact that what the things you're saying are your own personal beliefs and back them up with a decent argument and maybe you won't come across as an arrogant jerk. As it stands, you're being very hostile for no good reason that I can see.

    This is an open forum, and people are entitled to their opinions. You need to be respectful of that. You will only succeed in driving people away if you continue in this manner.

    But what the hell do I care...?

    Edited on 11/19/2007 3:20pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minister_magic

    minister_magic

    [36]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 09/13/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 553
    minister_magic wrote:
    I'm not looking for a fight so im just going to say this. Kim Possible in my opinion is the best show ever but like all show it must end. I would like a season 5 but if I had to choose between another season and DVD box-sets i would take the DVDs. Really after all you did to get a season 4 be happy that you got it. oh and im not saying that i wouldnt like box-sets AND another season. i just think theres no way thats gonna happen.
    A fight for either dvd boxsets, or another season are both long winded fights. I believe that with Jesus Christ, all things are possible. Obviously, I'm a Christian, so that is what I believe. So, not everyone here has the same views as me. That said, I also believe there are causes which are not as important as others, this being one of those less important causes. I support the fight for KP, but I know not everyone agrees. That's something I gladly respect. Society is terrible when everyone forfeits their opinions, as long as those opinions are voiced within reason of the law, & w/ respect to others. If the dvd boxsets, new season, or whatever of KP, the fight will be long, & drawn out. Now, do I believe the ffKP should tax all my efforts? No, not really. It's{KP} not something I consider to be life-altering. But, my resources, & time I choose to allocate to any said cause, I will not try to impose my view on others, on less important matters. I know I'm gonna sound like a gloom cloud, but this thread is rather pointless, & monotonous. People can't always be swayed to a given person's opinion. The arguments in this thread are null, & negate themselves. What's the old saying? Oh yeah, "6 of 1, half dozen of another." Why did I say all this? I'll finally get to the point: @ffKP people: Please stop playing the "fight for Kp" tune. I know I can tell you this on RS.net, but you'll check here first. Here's a suggestion: Try looking for people who want to see KP continue in some form. Playing this tune again, & again to people who are content w/ KP ending, makes for an anoyying post. I know if people constantly "nag" me to join a cause, I get very anoyyed. Please stop, before it's too late. @Non-ffKP people: I totally understand your opinions. I don't agree w/ all them, but I respect them. [/QUOTE] OK i didnt mean that i dont want another season of kp i just am saying that there is a slim chance of acutely getting one. i believe we could get one but would it really be worth it? i was not part of the fight for season 4 for one reason i was 11 and had no idea that it was going on. disney dosent care about ages and family no matter how much they advertise it. Disney wants to attract 9-14 years olds and from the shows that are showing im guessing they are mainly trying to attract girls. and when disney sees they are getting letters from people out of that age group they dont give a darn. it worked to get a season 4 but i dont think it will work again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 1357900

    1357900

    [37]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 10/23/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 448

    Exactly, I support the ffKP, but I'm not going to:

    1.try, & convince others to join, &/or

    2.cut off my left arm

    There are far more important{key word here} issues in this world to actually petition, & fight for. Trying to convince people to join a cause they've already made up their mind on, is sometimes pointless. I'm content if the fight for KP wins, or not. It's not like the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. Anyways, to be truthful, I don't watch KP that much, anymore. My tv time is concentrated on Batman: The Animated Series{not to be confused with The Batman, which I also watch}, Superman: the Animated Series, Justice League{Unlimited}, Jonny Quest, Three's Company, Star Trek,Chuck, & {NBC}Bionic Woman etc.

    Edited on 11/19/2007 5:21pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of clockking515

    clockking515

    [38]Nov 19, 2007
    • member since: 07/11/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 45
    1357900 wrote:

    Just for the record, open endedness does indeed allow more opportunities for fanfic writers. Take Star Wars for example, writers used a formula, that had endless possibilities. Because of this, the SW Expanded Universe exists, & there's a lot of canonitity to it.

    WRONG! Fans can make up their own stories all they want to, but at the end of the day, they aren't taken at face value.

    And of course no one wants to see their own show end, but the fact is the show has to end, and if it does I'd rather it ended with dignity and satisfying closure. Something the Graduation 2 parter never gave us.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Llama_guy

    Llama_guy

    [39]Nov 20, 2007
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 2,836
    clockking515 wrote:
    1357900 wrote:

    Just for the record, open endedness does indeed allow more opportunities for fanfic writers. Take Star Wars for example, writers used a formula, that had endless possibilities. Because of this, the SW Expanded Universe exists, & there's a lot of canonitity to it.

    WRONG! Fans can make up their own stories all they want to, but at the end of the day, they aren't taken at face value.

    And of course no one wants to see their own show end, but the fact is the show has to end, and if it does I'd rather it ended with dignity and satisfying closure. Something the Graduation 2 parter never gave us.


    Uh, some people want to see it end Sometimes it is for the best.
    Also, do you, for soem reason hate fanfiction or do you have a strong dislike for it? Becaue that's what it seems like.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beeftony

    beeftony

    [40]Nov 20, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,190

    clockking515 wrote:
    WRONG! Fans can make up their own stories all they want to, but at the end of the day, they aren't taken at face value.

    And just what the hell is WRONG with that?! Like I need anybody's freaking approval for my work; I certainly don't need yours. I don't write so that other people will be impressed; I write because I like the characters and I want to see what would happen if I placed them in various situations. That's what writing is all about. Who the hell cares if my work will never be seen as part of the canon? I wouldn't want it to anyway, because between you and me, the canon of this show sucks.

    clockking515 wrote:
    And of course no one wants to see their own show end, but the fact is the show has to end, and if it does I'd rather it ended with dignity and satisfying closure. Something the Graduation 2 parter never gave us.

    Now, see, here I actually agree with you. Which makes me wonder even more why you're so hostile towards me.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.