Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

would you like to see a seaon 5 of kim possible?

lord_victorino

[41]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 4

Hi All,

And I do mean hi to everyone.

beeftony, I am not the center of gravity, so when I say some people, I do mean some people, and not just me. Of course me may be implied as included with some people who believes the way I do, but not just me. FYI. I am not nutral at all when it comes to the Kim Possible Fight For Five, I agree with it and support it, but I am not one of the ones leading the fight for the Kim Possible Fight For Five.I have posted my oppinionson the subject in previous posts,and I will continue to do so.

I actually agree with some of your oppnions on your last couple ofposts. I too believe indialog over name calling, which is just silly. We seem to both be unsatisfied with the end of the fourth season of Kim Possible of Graduation, yet you want it to end, and I want it to continue for a fifth season. You want no more, andI want much more. I do like the Canon of the show, while it seems that you do not like it that much at all.I do believe that you do care, otherwise you would not be posting if you did not really care.We are both fans of the show, but maybe for different reasons and have different likes and dislike of the show. There is nothing wrong with that. I am not trying to start a war, nor am I trying to be a peace maker, I'm just giving my oppinion, that's all.

Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar, and sometimes it is not. Some people may look at the same thing and dirive completely different oppinions from it. Some things you can take at face value and others may have hidden meanings. It's all the way that someone, anyone, may look at it. I just disagree with some of your interpretations and how you came to them, that's all.

clockking515, FYI. I am a bit of a Drakken / Kim (DrakKim) Shipper myself, but I can separate Canon from Non-Canon and enjoy both. I, for one, believe that I canhave it both ways. I enjoy the Canon of Kim Possible and are pushing for a fifth season. But I also like agood Non-Canon Fan Fic, as well. And there is nothing delusional about that or me for that matter.

After all of that I have said above, maybe we cancontinue to discuss the original reason for this thred which is, "would you like to see a season 5 of kim possible?" and why? I, for one, say YES, and have expressed my oppinion of why in previous posts.

Please and Thank You,

Tony M. Victorino

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thaobserva6160

[42]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 6
    Of course. As long as they have good material for episodes.

Woops, writers' stirke.

elvisjj

[43]Nov 21, 2007
    • level: 9

Man it feels like the WWE here or is it more like UFC? I mean aren't we suppose to be talking about who would like to see a Season 5 of Kim Possible, cause I know I want too and I'm fighting for it. And yes there's a writer's strike, but that won't affect a new season, it would just delay it.

beeftony

[44]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 29

I'm suddenly reminded of the words of Friedrich Nietzche: "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."

No, I'm not calling anybody crazy. I'm just saying that if determination were all it took to achieve one's goal, Dr. Drakken would be ruling the world.

Anyway these are just random musings made at one in the morning. Feel free to ignore this.

thaobserva6160

[45]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 6
    beeftony wrote:

I'm suddenly reminded of the words of Friedrich Nietzche: "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."

No, I'm not calling anybody crazy. I'm just saying that if determination were all it took to achieve one's goal, Dr. Drakken would be ruling the world.

Anyway these are just random musings made at one in the morning. Feel free to ignore this.

Yeah, I agree. I would like to see a season 5, but I would be content with the current closure provided by the season 4.

macjay33

[46]Nov 22, 2007

Well I personally have never seen every episode, butI have seen most of theepisodes and I enjoyed most of the season 4 episodes. Now I do believe thatGraduation day was a very good finale for the series and did provide a lot of closure. Basically most of the relationships have been settled and hey if not fanfic away okay!

As far as season 5 is concerned I think it is a mistake to do it without the people that brought Kim Possible to the table. I believe if the show jumped the shark it was only at one point. It's these monkey powers of Ron. It is very hard to keep the balance of the show if the side kick is all of the sudden stepping up that much.It kind of reminds me of when Thundercats got really bad as a cartoon. Writers ran out of ways to save the day, sohey just say hoand the magic sword solves the problem. That is exactly what those monkey powers are to me. Now you would needa villain who couldtop those powers and is Kim all of the sudden a second banana? It throws off the entire chemistry and balance of the show.

As far as fighting for it. Fight away. It doesn't hurt anybody. I personally think another season of Kim Possible would be hard for my above reason but, I definitely would love maybe a few movies or direct to video dvd's. I mean there are things they could do, but not for a whole season of episodes. I mean it's like Star Trek which only went for 2 seasons, and then found a home in movies. And keep in mind if you look at the trends there is a big movement going on to make live action movies of cartoons like Transformers, and just about every other show in the 80's has been talked about in that way, so don't worry some hackey writer will get theirhands on Kim Possible in one form or another some day.

As far as the box sets goes. That is a pointless question. Not only will there be box sets,if you buy the first one don't worry they will have an anniversary one years down the road that will actually have extras in it. I mean come on Disney is a money making machine and will want to sell you dvd's, they just are not that comfortable telling stories when their main characters go to college, and that was the death sentence to season 5 right there. Once the virginity goes bye so does the show.

beeftony

[47]Nov 23, 2007

macjay33 wrote:
    As far as season 5 is concerned I think it is a mistake to do it without the people that brought Kim Possible to the table. I believe if the show jumped the shark it was only at one point. It's these monkey powers of Ron. It is very hard to keep the balance of the show if the side kick is all of the sudden stepping up that much.It kind of reminds me of when Thundercats got really bad as a cartoon. Writers ran out of ways to save the day, sohey just say hoand the magic sword solves the problem. That is exactly what those monkey powers are to me. Now you would needa villain who couldtop those powers and is Kim all of the sudden a second banana? It throws off the entire chemistry and balance of the show.

Quoted for truth.

That is exactly why I didn't like the end of "Graduation." All of Ron's victories up to that point were the result of clever strategy combined with dumb luck (or dumb skill, as Ron prefers to call it), not overwhelming power. It's fun to see Ron outsmart his enemies by acting like a total idiot. It adds to the satire of the show and makes for great entertainment. Having him "step up" just enforces a tired stereotype. Monkeys are known for their cunning, not brute strength.

Edited on 11/23/2007 12:38am

elvisjj

[48]Nov 23, 2007

Vote for your favorite Kim Possible episodes at the Disney Channel for New Years eve.

Hey! On Disney Channel.com click on Happy U Year! This Friday. You can vote for your favorite episodes of the year (VOTE FOR KP) and send shout outs.

Here's the link to Disney Channel http://home.disney.go.com/tv/index

clockking515

[49]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    macjay33 wrote:
    Well I personally have never seen every episode, butI have seen most of theepisodes and I enjoyed most of the season 4 episodes. Now I do believe thatGraduation day was a very good finale for the series and did provide a lot of closure. Basically most of the relationships have been settled and hey if not fanfic away okay!
    I'm getting sick and tired of hearing this crap about the open ending being okay, because people think it gives fan fic authors more to work with. The writers had almost every opportunity to give the show satisfying closure with Ron's college and THEY BLEW IT. I mean for Christ's sake how hard is it to edit a scene in to the finale where Ron's parents give him his college acceptance letters as a Graduation gift. If they had given us something telling us that Kim and Ron the show would have ended on a satisfying note, instead of a moronic open ended one. The end of the show wasn't a happy ending, it was the show pretending to have a happy ending.
    :
    If there was any point where the show jumped the shark, it would be Hana being introduced into the show. As far as Ron's MMP goes, the writers could write themselves out of that situation if they wanted to. Just like they did with Kim's battlesuit in season 4. And Ron didn't save the day that many times w/ the MMP's. The times he used those powers to save the day could be counted on one hand. The thing the finale needed was an explanation of how the MMP's worked, a culmination if you will. But we didn't get that, we just got Ron suddenly getting his powers for the sake of conveinience, which was really weak. In short the idea of Ron's MMP's getting a pay off wasn't a bad idea, the execution of it was just lazy.
    :
    they just are not that comfortable telling stories when their main characters go to college, and that was the death sentence to season 5 right there. Once the virginity goes bye so does the show.
    Which begs the question, WHY THE HELL DID THEY NOT PAY OFF THE QUESTION OF WHETHER RON WILL GO TO THE SAME COLLEGE AS KIM OR NOT?
    Edited on 11/23/2007 10:22pm

beeftony

[50]Nov 23, 2007

clockking515 wrote:
    I'm getting sick and tired of hearing this crap about the open ending being okay, because people think it gives fan fic authors more to work with. The writers had almost every opportunity to give the show satisfying closure with Ron's college and THEY BLEW IT. I mean for Christ's sake how hard is it to edit a scene in to the finale where Ron's parents give him his college acceptance letters as a Graduation gift. If they had given us something telling us that Kim and Ron the show would have ended on a satisfying note, instead of a moronic open ended one. The end of the show wasn't a happy ending, it was the show pretending to have a happy ending.

See, I actually agree with you here. The difference is that while I at least try to be respectful in the way I present myself, you just tear into people for no good reason. I will agree with you that the writers could have done a better job on the ending. I also agree that just because the ending creates plenty of opportunities for fanfics, that doesn't make it good; it just gives us a chance to do it better, which is why I can tolerate it, even if I didn't really like it.

clockking515 wrote:
    If there was any point where the show jumped the shark, it would be Hana being introduced into the show. As far as Ron's MMP goes, the writers could write themselves out of that situation if they wanted to. Just like they did with Kim's battlesuit in season 4. And Ron didn't save the day that many times w/ the MMP's. The times he used those powers to save the day could be counted on one hand. The thing the finale needed was an explanation of how the MMP's worked, a culmination if you will. But we didn't get that, we just got Ron suddenly getting his powers for the sake of conveinience, which was really weak. In short the idea of Ron's MMP's getting a pay off wasn't a bad idea, the execution of it was just lazy.

Again, I agree with you here. The writers are so afraid of the Big Bad Continuity Monster that they refuse to put actual effort into their scripts beyond "22 minutes of entertainment." The animation, sound, and creative directing departments do a good job in the way the show is presented, but the writers are just lazy.

clockking515 wrote:
    Which begs the question, WHY THE HELL DID THEY NOT PAY OFF THE QUESTION OF WHETHER RON WILL GO TO THE SAME COLLEGE AS KIM OR NOT?

Because the writers are lazy hacks. This isn't exactly breaking news.

ben316

[51]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    The show had an alternate ending of Ron and Kim going to the same college but disney stepped in and said that ending wasn't acceptable.

elvisjj

[52]Nov 25, 2007

That and the writers and creators wanted to leave the ending opened, so in case there is a Season Five. There's something for them to work with. Unanswered questions allow them to pick up where they left off. Which gives hope for a Season Five of Kim Possible.

Again anyone wanting to vote for their favorite Kim Possible episodes can do so at the Disney Channel. As Disney Channel is having a Happy New Year Bash and Kim Possible is the only animated series you can vote for, unfortunately American Dragon fans aren't even given the option of voting for their favorite show. So please vote for Kim Possible as many times as you like and send out shouts as many times as you like.

Thanks to Tony aka Lord Victorino for the link to the Disney Channel New Year bash below.

http://tv.disney.go.com/disneychannel/happyuyear/index.html

Go to the link and follow the instructions and then vote like Kim Possible's life depended on it, and it does.

minister_magic

[53]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 13
    I have said it before and i will say it again. Disney doesnt care about kp. voting to for it isnt going to work. i think diney wanted the fight for a fourth season it gave them one of the 2 things they wanted publicity. people everwhere said that disney had the best animated show ever. why wouldnt disney like that? but now disney has found that publicity and the other thing they want money in hannah montana and hsm.

Maetch

[54]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 7

To get back on topic:

I never wanted a Season 4 to begin with, but it was an okay season all the same. I currently don't want a Season 5, though if Disney wants to put one out... no problem. However, there are some things I'd like to see in the season...

*A refocus on Kim as the main character. Lately, Ron's been grabbing all the headlines, so I think we need to reestablish exactly who the show's named after.

*On the flipside, Ron's character could stand to be toned down somewhat. Less of a scene-grabber and more of an equal partner to Kim.

*Not as much "Rufus victories".

*None of the current villains actually reform. This is pretty much a given, but reforming Drakken would pretty much destroy the show altogether.

*Less focus on the main villains (Drakken, Shego, etc.) and a bit more on the lesser baddies (Camille, Adrena Lynn). Characters like Monique and Kim's Mom could also stand for more backstory.

*NO Monkey Fist, PERIOD. Let him stay stoned, for all I care. If his return is inevitable, then at least make it only for 2-3 episodes. Sort of a "last-ditch revenge" attempt.

*Finally, I want to see an all-new villain. One who is NOT like the usual bumblers Kim fights, but rather is able to actually avoid all the cliches of the series. Warhok came close to achieving that lofty goal, but that OFF switch shot his chances down.

MajehKing

[55]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 16
    Respectable suggestions. The only ones I'd contend with are Shego and Drakken taking a back seat and having the villains reform. Honeslty, I believe the later is the greatest cliche of all. Stay bad!

A new, more worthy villian would be a great idea. But what exactly? Shego pretty much takes the role of femme fatale. Perhaps a male villain? A time traveler? A robot? Another alien? Something new.

lazyjay

[56]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 30
    MajehKing wrote:
    A robot?

How about a time traveling Bender, baby!

garnetblack

[57]Dec 2, 2007
    Maetch wrote:

To get back on topic:

I never wanted a Season 4 to begin with, but it was an okay season all the same. I currently don't want a Season 5, though if Disney wants to put one out... no problem. However, there are some things I'd like to see in the season...

*A refocus on Kim as the main character. Lately, Ron's been grabbing all the headlines, so I think we need to reestablish exactly who the show's named after.

*On the flipside, Ron's character could stand to be toned down somewhat. Less of a scene-grabber and more of an equal partner to Kim.

*Not as much "Rufus victories".

*None of the current villains actually reform. This is pretty much a given, but reforming Drakken would pretty much destroy the show altogether.

*Less focus on the main villains (Drakken, Shego, etc.) and a bit more on the lesser baddies (Camille, Adrena Lynn). Characters like Monique and Kim's Mom could also stand for more backstory.

*NO Monkey Fist, PERIOD. Let him stay stoned, for all I care. If his return is inevitable, then at least make it only for 2-3 episodes. Sort of a "last-ditch revenge" attempt.

*Finally, I want to see an all-new villain. One who is NOT like the usual bumblers Kim fights, but rather is able to actually avoid all the cliches of the series. Warhok came close to achieving that lofty goal, but that OFF switch shot his chances down.

This is remarkably similar to what I would say. I'm not really fighting for a season 5 per se, but I would watch it if it were to happen. I would only want to see Monkey Fist revived over the course of a DCOM during the season. I would put Ron's Mystical Monkey Powers to the side for the time being, perhaps having Sensei or Yori explaining to him that theycan only be used when Ron and Kim's natual abilities are not enough, or something like that. Otherwise, I really can't see them being plausibly challenged. Lastly, if season 5 does happen, the first scene of the first episode should have Drakken calling Shego at 3 am to ensure that she was not a synthodrome.

Maetch

[58]Dec 3, 2007

MajehKing wrote:
    The only ones I'd contend with are Shego and Drakken taking a back seat

Well, it's just that the writers tend to rely onDrakken and Shegotoo much. Heck, they even admitted it once. I just want to see the other villains make more than just 1-2 starring roles a season.

MajehKing

[59]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 16
    Maetch wrote:

MajehKing wrote:
    The only ones I'd contend with are Shego and Drakken taking a back seat

Well, it's just that the writers tend to rely onDrakken and Shegotoo much. Heck, they even admitted it once. I just want to see the other villains make more than just 1-2 starring roles a season.

I hear ya. But on that note, and given they are the main characters, how about an episode where neither Kim or Ron are the central figures? I'd love to see a Shego only episode or a Monkey Fist episode or a Drakken, Lucre, Motor Ed episode. That would mix things up a bit.

beeftony

[60]Dec 5, 2007
    Drakken and Shego are fun to write. I would watch an episode with nothing but the two of them interacting. Not romantically or anything; it can just be a normal day. There's something about those two that, when put together, is inherently comical. Dunno what it is. *shrug*