Kim Possible Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

would you like to see a seaon 5 of kim possible?

juan137946

[61]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 13
    i know they're so funny they are my fav. villains
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Maetch

[62]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 7

beeftony wrote:
    Drakken and Shego are fun to write. I would watch an episode with nothing but the two of them interacting. Not romantically or anything; it can just be a normal day. There's something about those two that, when put together, is inherently comical. Dunno what it is. *shrug*

I think the reason why the pairing works comedy-wise is because of their interaction with each other. Think of all the great comedy duos in the past. Laurel and Hardy. Abbott and Costello. Pinky and the Brain. You've got the straight man and the humorous troublemaker in all those pairups. Drakken and Shego are pretty much the most recent successful comedy duo.

mega_man_3

[63]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 12
    I sure would like to see a season 5! I sure hope they'll keep the same old characters and recycled plot lines!

elvisjj

[64]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 9

If you would like to see a Season Five of Kim Possible, then please consider fighting for it. As we can get another season of Kim Possible, we just have to fight for it. You can check out the official Fight For Five posting here for Kim Possible as well as the Kim Possible/American Dragon posting.

And a Season Five would rock big time, we just have to get it.

elconq

[65]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 1
    Drakken and Shego as a couple...Kim annd Ron in university...new super villains...etc

friendlyone20

[66]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 7

You know, they should make a movie about Kim and Ron in college.

MisterMatthews

[67]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 5

elvisjj wrote:
    Kim Possible is meant to be light-hearted fun and fantasy, it's typical Walt Disney imagination where anything and everything can happen. If your a tradition Walt Disney fan like I am, and I grew up with Walt Disney then you enjoy episodes like big bother and Oh No Yono for the Walt Disney magic and imagination that the episodes had. Again it's a matter of taste, just like coffee or cooco-moo

I disagree. I'm also a Walt Disney fan, like you. I grew up on their movies and tv-series and their classic comics. But that doesn't mean I automatically like everything they put out. I can name a lot of movies (mostly sequels) and tv-series (mostly spin-offs of movies) from Disney which I detest. That also means I don't like every episode of Kim Possible. I agree with 'beeftony' about 'Big Brother' and 'Oh no, Yono'. Even within the KP-universe, Hana didn't make any sense. She wasn't needed, she didn't add anything, she wasn't funny. It was a far stretch to bring back Yori and Monkey Fist. I literally almost fell asleep during those two episodes. In fact, I couldn't wait until 'Oh no, Yono' was over. They did much better with 'Stop Team Go' and 'Odds man in'.

MisterMatthews

[68]Apr 13, 2008

elvisjj wrote:
    Ok the above statement I agree with beeftony. Disney has been trying to kill Kim Possible for a long while? Why they'd want to kill the best show they ever put on Disney Channel is beyond me? Unless of course somewhere down the line it's personal to them. Kim Possible never got the respect the Mouse has or any of the other characters relating to the mouse. Disney has given High School Musical way more respect then Kim Possible ever had, even in it's early days. And yes they attempted to drive down the ratings for KP by moving the showaround constantly. So I know Disney pulled out it's book of how to try to justify cancelling Kim Possible by moving Kim Possible around hoping fans wouldn't tune in, well Disney failed in that attempt cause Kim Possible still managed to maintain decent ratings, it would have been even higher rates had Disney not kept shifting it around.

With all due respect, but I don't believe a word of this. If you had read the interview with Robert and Mark, which 'beeftony' gave a link to, you would've read that they say the people at the Disney Channel are very fond of the show and were always very supporting. And why would they have aired an entire marathon of all KP-episodes, if they hate it so much? Disney makes a lot of money on KP, so I don't think they were conspiring to bring down the show.

MisterMatthews

[69]Apr 13, 2008
    beeftony wrote:
    This is an open forum, and people are entitled to their opinions. You need to be respectful of that. You will only succeed in driving people away if you continue in this manner.

But what the hell do I care...?

Well, you're nothing better. You constantly attack other people, you posit your opinions as facts, and your tone is loud and hostile toward anyone who as much as slightly disagrees with you. This is emphasized by phrases like "but what the heel do I care?"

Atomius1

[70]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 16
    whilst i agree any shows go downhill after comebacks or long runs (family guy the simpsons etc)... kim possible remained fairly consistent through all the eps i saw... i don't think a further season would ruin the show so long as it was done properly... obviousy a series can be done bad or good... its not the nuber of seasons or age of the show which makes that variable... rather the writing and qaulity... i would certainy like this show to continue for severa reasons:
    1. it never got stale like many other shows
    2.it is one of the better cartoons of this century
    3. it is one of the beter shows of this century
    4. the show has nuerous unexplored possibilities
    5. if they made a movie rather than a new season it would certainy spell doom for the show... ppl reember movies but ovies are more often ends than beginnings or restarters

Kpwatcher

[71]May 2, 2008
    • level: 3

Hello! so this is my first post ever!

And as for a new season of Kim Possible, I'd love to see one, But.. if they don't get every one back it would be wrong.

beltranian15

[72]May 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    they have to make a seaon 5 i mean the rest of thes seson has been awsome so y stop there, y not keep goin through college nd maybe....even after?

clockking515

[73]May 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    MisterMatthews wrote:

elvisjj wrote:
    Kim Possible is meant to be light-hearted fun and fantasy, it's typical Walt Disney imagination where anything and everything can happen. If your a tradition Walt Disney fan like I am, and I grew up with Walt Disney then you enjoy episodes like big bother and Oh No Yono for the Walt Disney magic and imagination that the episodes had. Again it's a matter of taste, just like coffee or cooco-moo

I disagree. I'm also a Walt Disney fan, like you. I grew up on their movies and tv-series and their classic comics. But that doesn't mean I automatically like everything they put out. I can name a lot of movies (mostly sequels) and tv-series (mostly spin-offs of movies) from Disney which I detest. That also means I don't like every episode of Kim Possible. I agree with 'beeftony' about 'Big Brother' and 'Oh no, Yono'. Even within the KP-universe, Hana didn't make any sense. She wasn't needed, she didn't add anything, she wasn't funny. It was a far stretch to bring back Yori and Monkey Fist. I literally almost fell asleep during those two episodes. In fact, I couldn't wait until 'Oh no, Yono' was over. They did much better with 'Stop Team Go' and 'Odds man in'.

I agree with MisterMatthews on the Hana arc to a certain extent. (Oh by the way MisterMatthews, sorry about the arguements I had with you back on another thread).

There was KP magic that felt real, in something like So The Drama. The stuff in Oh No! Yono! felt manufactured and sugar coated by comparison.

Anyways my loathing over Hana Stoppable isn't based on the silliness of the premise (being a fan of Buffy of The Vampire Slayer, and the concepts they've done has given me thicker skin then most). My loathing of Hana Stoppable is based on two things.

1.) The execution of "her destiny" was terrible and outrageously contrived.

2.) Hana Stoppable RUINED Monkey Fist, the show's most interesting villain.

Hana Stoppable on KP was more of a good premise that was executed terribly wrong.

For one, were never given any information on what the source of Hana Stoppable's powers are, seriously we were given nothing telling us about her. The At home stuff was done well. Her "Destiny" WAS NOT.

The other thing is Hana Stoppable came across as the biggest Mary Sue the show ever conceived. The show tried to make us think she was in dramatic danger, after everyone was defeated. But she came in and BEAT Monkey Fist & Yono UNHARMED while everyone else "allegedly" worshiped the ground she stood on. How was Hana in any dramatic danger? Especially after we were told that Hana would be in a Mystical Malevolent showdown. But when it came down to Hana in action. Hana was portrayed as invulnerable. The brilliant version of Monkey Fist that appeared in "Monkey Fist Strikes" and "Exchange" was presumably rolling in his grave. Uggghhh... THIS JUST MAKES ME ANGRY THINKING ABOUT IT.

Hana Stoppable= This show's version of Dawn Summers.

MajehKing

[74]May 19, 2008
    Thank you! Monkey Fist, may you rest in peace.

MisterMatthews

[75]May 25, 2008

clockking515 wrote:
    I agree with MisterMatthews on the Hana arc to a certain extent. (Oh by the way MisterMatthews, sorry about the arguements I had with you back on another thread).

No hard feelings.

clockking515 wrote:
    The brilliant version of Monkey Fist that appeared in "Monkey Fist Strikes" and "Exchange" was presumably rolling in his grave. Uggghhh... THIS JUST MAKES ME ANGRY THINKING ABOUT IT.

What was so terrible about his appearance in 'Exchange'? In my opinion, it was one of his better episodes.

My problem with the Hanna-storyline, is that it doesn't 'belong' in the KP-universe. The show was always about making fun of its own genre; a parody on superhero-shows. KP was funny because it didn't take itself seriously. But with the Hanna-story-arc, they forgot about all that and treated it very heavy-handed. I mean, cosmic battles and age-old magic monkey-sorcerers? 'Oh no, yono' was hardly a KP-episode. Hanna has nothing to do with Kim Possible. She should have stayed out and let KP continue its own universe.

MajehKing

[76]May 26, 2008
    Just so long as there's no Hana spinoff I'm content this series may rest in peace.

clockking515

[77]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    MisterMatthews wrote:

clockking515 wrote:
    The brilliant version of Monkey Fist that appeared in "Monkey Fist Strikes" and "Exchange" was presumably rolling in his grave. Uggghhh... THIS JUST MAKES ME ANGRY THINKING ABOUT IT.

What was so terrible about his appearance in 'Exchange'? In my opinion, it was one of his better episodes.

Nothing, didn't I say that Exchange was along with Monkey Fist Strikes two of his best appearances? That's what I was trying to say anyways.

MisterMatthews wrote:
    KP was funny because it didn't take itself seriously.

I think it's more accurate to say KP was a show that always had a light hearted tone that was a part of its charm. Freakazoid would be a better example of a show that doesn't take itself seriously.

KP always had a tendancy of feeling like it was half action, half comedy. Though usually KP would usually favor the comedic side more often.

But that's not to say that KP hasn't had it's moments of dramatic tension. The best example of this would be how Drakken was treated as a threat to Kim Possible in So The Drama. By thinking up his most epic plan that worked on just about every level. So The Drama wouldn't have been half as good without a version of Drakken that was treated as competent.

The problem with Hana was that there was no real explanation of what her powers were or where she came from. Oh No! Yono! pretty much tucked tail on that issue and basically ignored it. That and Monkey Fist and Yono were NEVER portrayed as a threat TO HER. Had these two things actually been followed through. I might not have hated Hana as much as I do.

I think Hana Stoppable was more of a potentially great idea, gone HORRIBLY WRONG.

elvisjj

[78]Sep 16, 2008

A Season Five for Kim Possible is still possible, as anything is possible for a possible and anything is possible for the fans of Kim Possible if they join the cause and Fight For Five to get a Season Five of Kim Possible.

Atomius1

[79]Jan 14, 2009
    and pigs can fly. as much as it would be great to have a new season of kp (believe me i'm not trolling, i want a new season as much as any one) i doubt it would work... the statistics just don't make for a good attack. how many kp fans are there as a total percentage of disney viewers? i am no mathemawhatsit but i reckon, say disney makes live action and cartoons... and say every cartoon fan loves kp (which is certainly not the case but lets move forth) thats half of disneys viewers, as a maximum total of conscripts who would be willing to fight if given an incentive. Now say half of those (a way overestimate btw) are actively participating in this fight for five campaign... that is but a quarter of disney viewers. So even with generous lashings of supporters added to the real number, you're still falling way short of a pressure group that could really get any change. And as i've said before, disney aren't going to have a show set in college. too risque and un disney like.

elvisjj

[80]Jan 14, 2009

Yes but change is good, even for Disney and the viewer ship on fans who are still interested in Kim Possible and interested in The Fight For Five is still a huge number, case in point my two articles at Now Public, and these numbers are without even any advertisement.

What Kim Possible and American Dragon fans want.

http://my.nowpublic.com/culture/what-kim-possible-and-american-dragon-fans-want

and

Nothing is impossible for Kim Possible fans.

http://my.nowpublic.com/culture/nothing-impossible-kim-possible-fans

These two articles keep getting hits as the interest in Kim Possible still hasn't died, which is hope that something will happen.