Kim Possible

Larry's Birthday

Aired Daily 1:30 AM Sep 01, 2007 on Disney Channel

7.8
  • I didn't think much of this episode

Poor Kim has to entertain/cousin sit Larry while his party is being put together. I mean couldn't Larry's mom find someone else? I mean poor Kim is bored with Larry's company and aren't their any other relatives that can tolerate Larry and his interests? Seriously Kim has saved lives and more and she should get a pass on Larry. I'm beginning to think either Larry is special needs or is just poorly written/developed. Now I have to admit the running gag/plot of Professor Dementor trying to obtain Kim's battlesuit was the big plus of the episode.

The whole plot is a half baked joke of Larry thinking that being roped into Dementor's antics and goons is some sort of cosplay and game. It is sort of funny but this idea was better off being ditched for another episode idea. Heck an episode about Hana would be better.
  • Not exactly an episode for the highlight reel. Professor Dementor gets his second solo episode of the season, and I just question, WHY?

Animation aside, this was boring. There wasn't an ounce of ommff in anything this plot had to offer, this episode was focused on boring villains like Dementor and his brother in law. Cousin Larry wasn't up to a whole lot either. The script didn't have much to offer, and neither did the storyboarding sadly. Poor Patton Oswalt, his voice gets lumped with some of the lamest villains in animation: Whether it be Cosmo Krank(The Batman), That one guy from Sentries of The Last Cosmos(Batman Beyond), and here with Professor Dementor(Kim Possible), and I'm sure theres more.

I find Dementor to be one of KP's least entertaining villains in Kim Possible's rogue's gallery. Everything (except his voice) just screams generic super villain; especially his design which is really pretty bad. Almost every time Professor Dementor is on screen, he just comes across as a poor man's Drakken.

I think there's definitely better villains on this show than Dementor, in the past he's had better characters (or character arc's) to hide behind; but here I don't think Cousin Larry was a strong enough character to hide Dementor's blandness. There was nothing that was terribly wrong with cousin Larry per say, but I think there are other guest stars that have a stronger presence than him, that and the entire moral with Larry & Kim was a rehash(Kim accepts Larry's Sci-Fi interests, gee didn't we just see that in season 1's Monkey Fist Strikes?) This whole plot would've been alot more memorable with someone like Drakken who is more entertaining than Dementor.

In short Dementor lacks those certain quirks that make KP rogues like Drakken, Shego, Monkey Fist, or The Seniors entertaining. Besides being Drakken's rival(which only works if Drakken is around) there's nothing about Dementor that makes him stand out amongst Kim Possible's rogue's gallery. He's just a bland baddy IMO.

The stuff with Ron and Hana & the cool visuals in the third act couldn't save this one from boredom.

A really boring episode.
  • Larry!!!!!! Why did you?????? Ya don't even think about it Larry!!!!! Read this review and AGREE!

6.7
    This episode centers on Kim's cousin Larry and Dementor's obsession with Kim's supersuit. In order to get the supersuit, Dementor sends his henchmen to kidnap Ron. However, the henchmen kidnap Larry by mistake. I guess it's because of the humor. Despite the lack of Drakken and Shego (except for during the credits) this episode was pure Kim Possible wit. It didn't have the shortcomings that occur in other episodes, like deviations from the characters or absurd villans. It was reasonably believable (well, as believable as a show about a teen crime-fighter can get) and a well-rounded episode. So I jsut wonder why Larry would be tricked and what so ever.... Larry!!!!!! Why did you?????? Ya don't even think about it Larry!!!!!
  • This episode centers on Kim's cousin Larry and Dementor's obsession with Kim's supersuit. In order to get the supersuit, Dementor sends his henchmen to kidnap Ron. However, the henchmen kidnap Larry by mistake.

I can't say exactly why this episode appeals to me so much. The plot wasn't amazing, Dementor's not one of my favorite villans, and nothing new really happened with Kim and Ron. I guess it's because of the humor. Despite the lack of Drakken and Shego (except for during the credits) this episode was pure Kim Possible wit. It didn't have the shortcomings that occur in other episodes, like deviations from the characters or absurd villans. It was reasonably believable (well, as believable as a show about a teen crime-fighter can get) and a well-rounded episode. I especially enjoyed the twist at the end- I can honestly say I didn't see that coming. In short: this episode was just pure, fun Kim Possible. "Exactly why I watch the series".