Kim Possible

The Cupid Effect

Aired Daily 1:30 AM Feb 10, 2007 on Disney Channel

• Romance is overrated. Don't believe me? Exhibit A:

3.6
    Well, it’s Valentine’s day, and the first that Kim and Ron are celebrating as a couple. Unfortunately, Monique has no one for herself. Enter Wade, who develops a ludicrously convenient crush on her. The advice he seeks from romantic greenhorn Ron ends up failing, so Wade does what any of us would do in the same situation: invent a love ray that will make the girl fall madly in love with him.

It’s nice that Wade is getting out of his room, but if this is how he’s going to act, I suggest putting him back and keeping him there for the rest of his life. Seriously, he lost a lot of sympathy points with me every time he used the "Bun Warmer" on an unsuspecting (and, dare I say, vulnerable) Monique.

But there has to be a villain for every episode and so we see an appearance by the Seniors, who stumble onto the technology to produce their own neurological Rufie Ray and create a legion of screaming female admirers for Junior’s pop star career.

There’s an amusing "Wrath of Khan" reference, as well as the (sadly) unforgettable sight of Ron and Wade in drag. To say this episode is a mess is an insult to messes.

In terms of holiday episodes, they really bottomed out with this one.