Kim Possible

The Mentor of Our Discontent

Aired Daily 1:30 AM Jun 23, 2007 on Disney Channel

• Ron and Drakken become mentors: Ron to Matrin Smarty's son Arty; and Drakken to Frugal Lucre

If there was one thing I disliked intensely about this episode, it was Arty Smarty. I hate spoiled brats, and Arty is a perfect example. Ugh. Still, Arty served a purpose in the story, which is why I give the episode high marks. Arty was a necessary evil.

Fugal Lucre was hilarious in all his interactions, and was a good guest villain, as well as in keeping with the SmartyMart theme. Shego coaching Lucre to get on Drakken's nerves, and Lucre not realizing this, is in keeping with past behavior for both of them.

Speaking of Shego, we learn two things about her. First, she likes hydrangeas. Second, she is golddigger at heart, or at least has strong leanings in that direction, as evidenced by the end credit scene.

Regarding Kim and Ron's kiss at the end - we were robbed! Still, the cutaway from the kiss, which involved lip-to-lip contact for the first time since "So the Drama", serves to heighten anticipation for later episodes. So I can live with it.
DISNEY