Kim Possible

Vir-Tu-Ron

Aired Daily 1:30 AM Sep 12, 2003 on Disney Channel

• Greetings, programs.

5.7
    Everlot is a popular role-playing video game with the young people of Middleton. Unfortunately, there's a sore loser casting a dark cloud over the virtual environment. He's known as the Wraithmaster, and he imprisons a number of players within the game. Among them are the skilled Zita and the not-very-good Ron, who'd hoped to score some points with his new lady friend.

There's a super-cool final shot in this episode. Unfortunately, you have to slog through a somewhat boring middle and climax in the distractingly blocky world of Everlot. Also, like a number of this season's one-time villains, this one is more of an annoyance than a threat, no matter what kind of technology he has control of.

However, Adam Berry's music is quite good, particularly toward the end and there are some amusing moments when Wade and Kim enter the game. The cinematic feel in some scenes is also enjoyable.

I don't play video games. Maybe that's the reason I was unimpressed...
  • Ron is sucked into the cyber game world of Everlot as he attempts to impress Zita. The whole gang duels Malcolm the Wraithmaster LotR-style, with a little help from a not-so-naked Tunnel Lord.

The world of Everlot is under the iron grip of a figure known only as the Wraith master. To impress Zita, Ron plays and excels with the expert advice ( cheating ) of Wade. Unfortunately he also crosses paths with the Wraith master who just happens to be competing for her affection as well. Ron’s only hope is for the return of the enigmatic Tunnel Lord, the only one strong enough to fight the Wraith master head on. My favorite part of this episode is when we see Ron and Zita stuck in everlot and then another part which is Wade and Kim trying to save each player of everlot and including Ron and Zita from the Wraith master.
  • Even Kim Possible has an episode on a multiplayer online game!

7.8
    Vir-Tu-Ron was quite an exciting episode which continued from Grudge Match in which Ron is infatuated with Zita. He gets her to think he is good at a onluine game.

I liked the episode very much and I was glad that such an episode was written because I have been waiting for an episode like this for months! Anyway, Wade although even if he didn't appear in person, he met Ron, Zita and Kim. Monique was a very minor character in this episode. I think Malcolm was an alright omly-episode villianer as I do not think he is ready to appear in future episodes.

The only thing that I was really dkisappointed with the episode is the fact that the virtual world was very sharp-edgy. Other than that, this episode did quite well for itself.