Kindred: The Embraced Forums

FOX (ended 1996)

Bringing Back Kindred: The Embraced

kelly3546

[1]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 15

If Kindred:The Embraced was brought back to Television, who would u chose for the main cast?

For me, I would choose David Borenanaz for the role of Julian, he would be the only one, I think that could replace Mark Frankel.  It would be better if the rest of the orginal cast could come back but if they choose not too, I would choose Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Caitlin as for the remaining cast I am still working on that. 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dustjessie2

[2]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 10
    kelly3546 wrote:

If Kindred:The Embraced was brought back to Television, who would u chose for the main cast?

For me, I would choose David Borenanaz for the role of Julian, he would be the only one, I think that could replace Mark Frankel.  It would be better if the rest of the orginal cast could come back but if they choose not too, I would choose Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Caitlin as for the remaining cast I am still working on that. 

Well hopefully your choice of cast will never be realised. 

kelly3546

[3]Nov 12, 2006

Well, maybe my choice for 2 of the lead roles may not be realized, that doesn't matter, The show may never get back on the air. I picked David Borenanaz and Sarah Michelle Gellar because of their on-screen chemistry.

I think David Borenanaz would do an excellent job, replacing Mark Frankel and as for Sarah Michelle Geller, she is not Kelly Rutherford but she could make that role her own.

If Kindred: The Embraced was to be picked up again, it wouldn't really matter to me, which actor/actress played the characters as long as the show continued to have great storylines, etc.

I would just like the show be given a second chance and I for one would not be the only one to say this.....

citystar1

[4]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 4

Unfortunately as much as i love david boreanaz i dont think he or anyone else can play the role of julian luna. Mark Frankel was one of a kind and could never be replaced, so if  K:TE was to return it would have to be set in the present day from the veiw point of julain no longer being alive.  

Perhaps it could start with Cash telling the story and explaining whats happened over the past years up till now/present day. And only channon roe could play cash, replace everyone else if you have to but keep cash!

kelly3546

[5]Nov 23, 2006

Mark Frankel was indeed one of a kind, and yes, I would have to agree that it would be hard to see David Borenaz in the role of Julian Luna, but if the show was to start from the very beginning with David in the role, I think the show would take off.  He would be able to pull of the role without a hitch.  When this show orginally aired it was never given a chance to prove itself and because the show was a Spelling show, it attracted the wrong audience. Given the sucess of Buffy and Angel, I know that if this show was to be picked up again, it would indeed be a sucess, with the right actors for the characters.

I don't think that the show would take off if the character of Julian was not in it, and being told as a story would not, in my opinion, cut it. Not that any network would bring back the show, but it's worth discussing anyway. One can only hope that someday, that a producer will say "Hey, Let's Bring Back Kindred: The Embraced"!  Maybe if we are lucky Josh Whedon will be that person.

koberfan

[6]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 28

1.Julian-Gavin Rossdale(sp?)

2.Daedalus-Jeff Kober again-he would still be able to do this role as well a second time,he was a perfect fit the first time.

3.Frank-Chris Meloni,if SVU ever fails.

4.Sascha-Mischa Barton

5.Cass-Jensen Ackles,if Supernatural fails.

6.Caitlyn-Mariska Hargitay,if again SVU fails.

Jshaw71

[7]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 2

I was thinking of how kindred would change if it came back, or countinued, here are my thoughts

the fact that the man who played juilan in real life is dead, in real life, can't be stepped around with someone else. playing the same role. maybe in the storyline somehow he is killed, (possibly a clan war, he may snap and decide to start one, or go rouge and go after eddie, it may seem out of character for Julian, but he was ready to go after Billy ray was killed,but, archon kept him in place by quelling the beast, after he dies i was wondering if lillie would step up to be a prince or princess (theres a first for everything) I dunno if she would, if not, then maybe deadilus would stepup, a nos prince, hmm... tell me what you guys think

citystar1

[8]Aug 14, 2007
    • level: 4

Okay, so i still thouroughly believe that only mark frankel could play julian luna and so his character would have to altogether go and a whole new prince of the city would have to be created. I have had time to think about the cast if a new "kindred: the embraced" was started.

So here it is-

skeet ulrich as frank

Melissa Sagemiller as Alexandra

Jessica Biel as Lillie Langtree

Karl Urban- the new Prince of the city

Marton Csokas as Cameron

Jensen Ackles as Cash

Mischa Barton as Sasha

cheers all

C*

Edited on 08/14/2007 4:54am

Carycomic

[9]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 13

As Julian Luna, Prince of San Francisco? Dylan McDermott

As Archon Raines (Julian's predecessor)? Udo Kier

As Prince Cyrus of Los Angeles? Nigel Bennett

As Detective Frank Kohanek? Richard Grieco

Edited on 08/24/2007 2:45pm

Mystic369

[10]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 5

If Kindred: The Embraced is ever realized back on television it should be moved out of San Francisco. Since the show is based on the World Of Darkness game, Vampire: The Masquerade, there are plenty of cities that can be the setting for it. It would have to be a city that would have Gothic sensibilities like Boston or New Orleans where you can show the buildings and old cemeteries along with the steel and glass of the modern world. I liked how the atmosphere of the show was established and that should not change.

The reason you would change the city, is so that you can introduce new characters and if the actors from the first series were available, you could seed them in whenever you wanted. This way you would have continuity with the previous show and have subplots interweaving throughout and allow various writers, directors and actors to easily create a world that we all would like to watch. For actors and actresses I would like to see, I would rather have little known or unknown actors and actresses as the regulars on the show. I believe that this would give the show a vitality that it could lack with known quantities that people would have a preconceived notion on how it would play out. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see Eliza Dushku, or David Boreanaz or Nathan Fillion or Jewel Staithe on a show like Kindred: The Embraced but I doubt that anyone that's currently tied to a series would be able to make a commitment for the show to be in it for the long haul.

I think it would be cool to see a star-studded cast for a relaunching of Kindred: The Embraced and I know that people will always have a different view of what should be on television. Until they actually put it to task and have it made for the public (or the paying public for the cable markets). It would be great to think how cool it would be.