King of Cars

A&E (ended 2007)

ocean58

King of Cars Fan Reviews (8)

7.2
  • Reality TV stinks

3.2
    I'm glad this show got a short run. It was about the stupidest show to date. What? Did A&E think their viewers were subprime IQ challenged idiots or did they just need a filler show because they couldn't think of anything else to put on? King of Cars was so short lived I can't believe I watched two whole shows before deciding A&E had lost their brain power! A&E stands for Arts and Entertainment and this show had neither. It was a blessing when someone with some functioning brain cells yanked this stupid show off the air. A&E, you're viewers are live, air breathing people, not idiots. Don't try that again!
  • Free Sales Training

This show is fun to watch and you can learn a lot about the profession of sales from watching it.

The people on the show are generally likable.

But, mostly I watch it to learn more about the art of sales. If you are interested in getting into sales, or if you are already in it, this is the show for you.
  • The show takes place in the world of car sales.

At Towbin Dodge in Las Vegas, one of the nation’s most successful car dealerships, we meet Josh Towbin, a.k.a. Chop. He is a 30-year-old father of two boys, Abraham and Rocco, and an entertainer who wears lots of bling and looks like a pimp. He owns the used car dealership, and he and his sales team work hard to get people to buy his cars. Chop produces and stars in a weekly infomercial called The Chopper Show where 80% of his sales come from. He performs skits with his salesmen who dress in crazy costumes on the show. They will do just about anything to sell cars, like hitting a gong whenever they make a sale or enticing a customer with the promise to dunk their salesman in a dunk tank. To stay #1, he must sell 500-700 cars a month. He has a large staff, and he pushes them to sell at least 40 cars on a single Saturday, which he gives them a cash bonus for selling specific or multiple cars. There are a few regulars on the show. Will Tooros, a.k.a. Chilly Willy, is an Armenian-born General Sales Manager who is Chop’s right hand man and in charge of the entire sales operation. Prem Singh, a.k.a. Blue Genie, is one of the salesmen at the dealership, and he plays “The Blue Genie” on “The Chopper Show.” Mark Deeter, a.k.a. Bob the Builder, is the floor manager at the dealership. Mark also stars as “Betty the Builder” on Chop’s show.
  • Don\'t we have enough reality shows?!

5.1
    I tell you I hav been watching TV for about 20+ years and I cannot figure out the world\'s obession with reality shows. For one thing most of the big network shows are faked. Living where I do I\'ve talked to a few people who have revealed some dirt on The Simple Life, but I digress. The main problem I have with reality tv is that tv was created as an entertainment forum and to me nothing says entertainment like fiction. I do believe that people don\'t come home from a long day of work in the real world and want to watch more reality. If that was the case I would never leave work. I have enough drama conflict and intrigue to rival Dynasty and Melrose Place. Now I\'ve seen quite a few reality shows that have piqued my curiosity and tonight I tried King of Cars. In the traditon of Dog the Bounty Hunter Inked etc comes the story of Josh \"Chop\" Towbin owner of Towbin Dodge \"the most famous dealership in the nation\" and the creator and star of the widely popular infomercial program \"The Chopper Show\". The King of Cars focuses on the hectic day to day realities of running an auto dealership(just what every car salesman wants to watch after a long day of work I\'m sure)and a behind the scenes look at \"The Chopper Show\". I watched tonight\'s episode called Keeping Up With the Joneses and it reminded me of when I bought my Toyota: It was cold I was without a car and the sales manager made my wife mad and storm off the dearleship. Yeah just the memory I wanted to dredge up. Well the Joneses got their car but other than picking up haggling points I cannot think of a single reason I would want to watch this again. Give me an intergalactic adventure like Star Trek or a good character-driven action drama like NCIS something that is entertaining enough to hold my interest longer than five minutes yet helps me to forget the pressures of my day. I know the last thing anyone from Towbin Dodge want to watch is this show. They just left work after an intense day why relive it on TV when there is so much more that can actually take a person\'s mind off their day. On a positive note this show does feature a lot of the characters from \"The Chopper Show\" and as I stated earlier will give the viewer a glimpse into how this three-ring circus is made and what Chop and his motely crew do when the camera stops rolling. As I close I want to add that before coming to this site I visited Kingofcars.com and watched an episode of \"The Chopper Show\" and it was...unique. If nothing else it was an entertaining infommercial and unlike most of the garden-variety \"Set It and Forget It\" infomercials ou there this one is apparentaly produced every week and aired on Saturdays. Also unlike other infommericals this show is actually watched and has spawned a cult following in Las Vegas. Hey maybe that could be my excuse.
  • Go behind the scenes at a Vegas car dealership.

Josh Towbin styles himself the King of Cars. It's a bit over the top, and so is everything at his car lot. Not for him the modest demonstration of a few features on the automobile. Every customer has to get more than what they're looking for.

And it takes a lot to get them there. Towbin goads his salesman to reach higher goals with crazy challenges such as wearing goofy costumes or being subject to the dunk tank.

I never thought I would like this type of show, but I'm hooked. It's really about what makes people tick. It'll be a while before I get a new car, but when I do, I hope it's half as much fun as a day with the Towbin team.
  • I'm alittle confused about why I like this show...

7.2
    This show isn't really that interesting.

I guess because its from the producers of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" thats its more of a reality show.

Theres really nothing interesting about this show, it just shows you how car salesmen act when they walk away from you.

And why would a "white" rapper own a "Dodge" car dealership?

The whole thing just doesn't make any sense.

Yet I watch it...
  • This is the 2nd best show on AE, Wow what a great idea .....

This is a good show, wow what a chance to see behind the scenes at a dealership and chop is a great motivator and mover of people and cars.
    The show is interesting to the point that you can\'t wait to see the next deal or the next thig that comes out of Chop\'s mouth. i find myself rooting for them to make goal and sell cars and not lose any sales.
    This guy has motivated me and I am not even on the same coast.
    I love this show and hope it stays on the air for a long time to come, although i do think it could be an hour instead of a half hour...
  • One of the best reality shows on TV (past and present).

I have never really been a big fan of reality TV, but A&E is slowly changing my opinion of this genre. First they have the amazingly great "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and now they have the "King of Cars".

I wasn't expecting much when I first saw heard about this show, but man was I surprised when I watched my first episode. Who would have thought that a show about a car dealership would be entertaining? Well obviously the very smart people at A&E, but I don't think anybody else would have. Chop and his employees are hilarious. This is easily becoming one of my favorite shows on TV.