King of the Hill

Behind Closed Doors

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Mar 16, 2008 on FOX

• Christmas in March!

This season didn't really have a Christmas episode at Christmas time, so I guess this is it. As usual the Christmas episode is one of the best of the whole season. Not only was it a great plot, but it was very funny. I thought it was also super sweet. The ending was a nice touching Christmassy thing. I thought the B Plot was one of the best ones. The plot itself was stupid, but the jokes were very good. It was good to have a real laugh during the episode, as a lot of later KOTHs were entertaining, but not hilarious. This show still delivered, just not as much. One of the best of the season for sure.
  • Peggy gets accused of being a bad mother, but ends up smothering Bobby and Hank when trying to be a "good" one.

Any episode with Stuart Dooley makes me smile, so this was a particularly good one in my eyes. After Stuart runs away - then mysteriously reappears in the middle of Stephen Davies' seminar - the whole town becomes obsessed with child safety, particularly Peggy, who is humiliated by Stephen Davies when her forces her to call Bobby to ensure he is safe at home. When Bobby doesn't pick up, he says she doesn't know where Bobby is (when in fact he is at home, sitting outside with Hank and unable to hear the phone) while the accusing eyes of Tom Landry parents look on.

This is an enjoyable episode for Peggy haters too - she is thoroughly humiliated by Davies, then rejected by her family when she becomes overbearing. However, most viewers will feel sympathetic for Peggy, especially since she is doing everything she can for her family, even thought it is incredibly annoying.

The sad thing is this probably happens to a lot of mothers, een though the reality is no one can completely control their family. In my opinion, this was a very relatable episode, adding to its ccredibility. Although many people think Peggy-centric episodes are subpar, but this episode proves the assumption wrong.
MNT