King of the Hill

Bills are Made to be Broken

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Oct 24, 1999 on FOX

• Asterisk!!!!!!

This is a really funny episode, and much better than the previous one in my opinion. It had a great plot and great characters. Even though it is an episode about Bill, it is very much a Hank episode, as he is the one who drives the plot and humour of the episode. There were a lot of hilarious moments and lines. I really liked when Bobby was trying to do the pogo stick. And when Dale thought everyone was clapping because they were glad Ricky was injured was just too funny. It's not the best episode, but it's one that is good for a few really big laughs.
  • The weakest season 4 episode, but still a gem

Season 4 has always been my favorite season, due to it being consistently funny, interesting and touching. In fact, some season 4 episodes are so good to me, I sometimes tear up when thinking about them.

This episode is quite possibly the weakest of the glorious fourth season, but it is still solid gold like all of them. I don't know what it is about this episode, specifically. I think it might have to do with me never being a sports fan, so the premise isn't particularly interesting.

However, I'd take it over any episode from the seasons after season 4.
  • This was great fun.

I thought this episode was good. It wasn't hilarious or that funny in terms of how it normally is, it was just an entertaining episode. The thing that kept me interested was the story of how Bill needed to get his record back. I thought they did a nice job of writing Bill in. I did have to admit that it was very unrealistic, but it was interesting to see a 40 something overweight man earn his title back. Normally, I have to say that it wouldn't have worked in terms of the regular King of the Hill stories, but this one worked as the writers pulled it off. Thank you.