King of the Hill

Bill's House

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Nov 06, 2005 on FOX

• After Bill nurses the Hills through a bout of the flu, he misses feeling needed by them, and decides to become a volunteer at an alcoholics halfway house. But then he starts bringing more and more residents home with him. A fair but average tale...

7.1
    I found this to be a quite enjoyable if rather average episode.

Hank, Peggy and Bobby suffering from flu at the beginning of the story is almost Simpsons-esque in that after the opening act it has very little to do with the rest of the story, other than leading to Bill working at the halfway house.

With Bill bringing more and more residents home with him, Hank finds himself roped into taking care of them. This leads to a couple of enjoyable scenes as his lack of being able to show much emotion gets in the way, although I did feel that maybe more could have been made of this.

In a b-plot, while she is ill, Peggy vows to learn to ride a bike. Although most other continuity errors can be explained away (and I can get over it even if they can't), I found this to be quite a bad continuity gripe, as Peggy has been shown to ride a bike in several past episodes.
    Anyway, it makes for a fair b-story, but doesn't really go anywhere (rather like Peggy hehe)!

[spoiler] It does seem rather convenient that there is a vacant house opposite Draper (the head of the halfway house), but it did wrap the story up quite nicely. [End of spoiler]

This isn't a bad episode, but generally an average one, and I find doesn't have as much re-watchable value as some other episodes.