King of the Hill

Boxing Luanne

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 02, 2003 on FOX

7.9
  • Respect For Luanne

Luanne is dumb, we all know that, but one thing that Luanne often brings to the table is her desire to be loved for her heart, not her looks. She struggles being a beautiful girl in a shallow world. Unlike Peggy who thinks she is better than everyone, Luanne knows she is just like anyone else, but also knows its not right to treat women as objects. This isn't the first time in the series where they have tried to show Luanne as more then a typical dumb blonde, and its part of why I really love her character. She is more then just the "dumb" character that most comedy shows have. She is well rounded. This episode not only does a great job dealing with the issue, but has a great plot and is really funny too. I always forget how good this episode is until I see it. Great episode, every KOTH fan should watch.
  • great

buck uses luann's good looks to make money by having her be a boxer. she believes she is really a good boxer and goes as far to challenge Freida Foreman, a profesional woman boxer. will she go through with the fight after realizing all previous fights were fixed?

a pretty good episode and one of their better ones from the seventh season, i think so. it's not one of their best ever but it was pretty funny and it did have a somewhat good, original plot. so because of all this my overall grade is somewhere in the "B" range
  • This episode made me look at women differently than most guys, even though before watching this episode, I already respected them from the beginning.

This was a good episode. Luanne, like most women in her area, has less respect from the opposite gender. Tired of being looked at as a piece of meat, she decides to box after knocking a woman bigger than her. Strickland, Hank's boss, decides to push her as a boxer, with Luanne not knowing that the fights are mostly fixed just so she can look good. Later on, she goes against Freeda Foreman, daughter of the legendary George Foreman. When Hank realizes that most of the fights are fixed, he goes to George Foreman and convinces the fight to be off. That is until Hank calls George Foreman's grills "novelty". Luanne fights Freeda anyway. She may not have won, but still put up a good fight. She ends up getting respected by some of the younger guys who looked at her as just a bimbo.

Anyway, a good episode I thought. The plot was great. And there were funny moments too. Like the Hank and George scene.
  • A very good episode.

This episode is the exact reason why i watch this series. I saw it for the first time today, and it was a great episode. I have seen many episodes of King of the Hill, and i have to say if this was the first episode i had ever seen of King of the Hill, i would by the end of the episode, find out what each character was like.

In this episode Luanne has been tricked by Hanks boss, to beleive that she is a professional boxer, when really all they want her for is to make money because of her looks and body. Not knowing this, Luanne challenges the boxing womens champion of Texas.

Even though she didn't win the fight, she still put up a good fight, and got some respect from the younger men of Arlen.