King of the Hill

Boxing Luanne

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 02, 2003 on FOX

7.9
  • This episode made me look at women differently than most guys, even though before watching this episode, I already respected them from the beginning.

This was a good episode. Luanne, like most women in her area, has less respect from the opposite gender. Tired of being looked at as a piece of meat, she decides to box after knocking a woman bigger than her. Strickland, Hank's boss, decides to push her as a boxer, with Luanne not knowing that the fights are mostly fixed just so she can look good. Later on, she goes against Freeda Foreman, daughter of the legendary George Foreman. When Hank realizes that most of the fights are fixed, he goes to George Foreman and convinces the fight to be off. That is until Hank calls George Foreman's grills "novelty". Luanne fights Freeda anyway. She may not have won, but still put up a good fight. She ends up getting respected by some of the younger guys who looked at her as just a bimbo.

Anyway, a good episode I thought. The plot was great. And there were funny moments too. Like the Hank and George scene.