King of the Hill

Edu-macating Lucky

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM May 14, 2006 on FOX

• Perhaps one of the best episodes that's ever aired in the series, and far and away the best this season. KOTH already stands out as the smartest cartoon on TV, but episodes like this show it as one of the funniest too.

I can't really put a finger on why I love King of the Hill, but I have since I watched the Pilot so many years ago. Edu-macating Lucky stands out as a reminder why the show has lived on so long.

First, you get the first major character "change" in years, with Luanne's little announcement. Second, you get to see further development in Lucky, who's easily become one of the funnier semi-regulars on the cast. Instead of flourishing on the one-liner jokes that have become the norm, the jokes hinge on the characters and what they stood for.

"I called the jewelry channel last night, and the put me on the air; I ended up crying. I bought a ring for Peggy... ssshhhsh." - Bill

And that wasn't the funniest part of the show, that was just a small sidejoke. Easily one of the funniest episodes of the last few seasons, ranking up there with "It ain't over until the Fat Neighbor Sings" and "Church Hopping" in my book.
MNT