King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

13th Season!

  • Avatar of Megaman200798

    Megaman200798

    [41]May 22, 2008
    • member since: 02/19/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 7,067
    lanmanna wrote:
    I don't want it to end! Malcolm in the Middle and Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, my other favorite shows have ended. At least let me be happy having one with new episodes still!


    Its a nice, solid show
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [42]May 23, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,168
    skull555 wrote:
    How many seasons of King of the Hill will there be? I like the show, it just isn't my favorite.

    Nothing has been confirmed beyond 2008-09.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hoeech

    Hoeech

    [43]Jun 29, 2008
    • member since: 03/27/04
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 928
    HelloStuart wrote:
    brwnhairdwnder wrote:

    I agree, Connie and Bobby should be best friends forever, but not together.

    I would LOVE if the final season finale was like a take on "The Wonder Year's" season finale, but with that AMAZING King of Hill comedy-sense. I would love to see Peggy and Hank age, and see Dale STILL obsessed with his government secrets, but since he's old, he'll be even more senile, making it hillarious!!!

    I think that if the finale is AMAZING, it might justify any "watered down" episodes that might come along. You all know the saying: "The end justifying the means."

    Be careful what you wish for. Nine times out of ten, the series finale of a TV show is pretty disappointing. Look at "Roseanne" and "Seinfeld."
    Don't paint with too wide a brush. For every "Roseanne" and "Seinfeld" junker finale, there's a M*A*S*H, Cheers and a Mary Tyler Moore "classic TV moment" finale.
    Edited on 06/28/2008 11:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RAYcluse

    RAYcluse

    [44]Jun 29, 2008
    • member since: 06/16/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 261
    If "The Simpsons" can still be on to this day and "Family Guy" can be brought back to life, "King of the Hill" deserves to be on still. This show is a relief to all that other zany stuff Fox has. As for continuity errors, people have short memories.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [45]Jun 30, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,168
    Hoeech wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    brwnhairdwnder wrote:

    I agree, Connie and Bobby should be best friends forever, but not together.

    I would LOVE if the final season finale was like a take on "The Wonder Year's" season finale, but with that AMAZING King of Hill comedy-sense. I would love to see Peggy and Hank age, and see Dale STILL obsessed with his government secrets, but since he's old, he'll be even more senile, making it hillarious!!!

    I think that if the finale is AMAZING, it might justify any "watered down" episodes that might come along. You all know the saying: "The end justifying the means."

    Be careful what you wish for. Nine times out of ten, the series finale of a TV show is pretty disappointing. Look at "Roseanne" and "Seinfeld."
    Don't paint with too wide a brush. For every "Roseanne" and "Seinfeld" junker finale, there's a M*A*S*H, Cheers and a Mary Tyler Moore "classic TV moment" finale.

    Good point about MTM and Cheers, but I wouldn't clump the overlong and overwrought M*A*S*H finale as one of the best.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thacrowbar

    thacrowbar

    [46]Jun 30, 2008
    • member since: 01/04/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 489
    Hmmm....I can kind of see both perspectives on this one. I don't want to see the show run into the ground anymore than anyone else does, but I still think the show has been fairly solid up to this point. I would agree that the shows absolute best days are behind it, but the show still seldom leaves me feeling unsatisfied. I think the show probably has enough life left in it for one more season but that's also probably what I would have said last year. And if they keep this up year after year, eventually they will overstay their welcome.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hoeech

    Hoeech

    [47]Jul 6, 2008
    • member since: 03/27/04
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 928
    thacrowbar wrote:
    Hmmm....I can kind of see both perspectives on this one. I don't want to see the show run into the ground anymore than anyone else does, but I still think the show has been fairly solid up to this point. I would agree that the shows absolute best days are behind it, but the show still seldom leaves me feeling unsatisfied. I think the show probably has enough life left in it for one more season but that's also probably what I would have said last year. And if they keep this up year after year, eventually they will overstay their welcome.


    It's rare these days that a show will bow out while it's still doing well. "Family Ties" did it as did "Seinfeld". Most shows keep going waaaay past their welcome (i.e. L.A. Law; Night Court; Survivor; etc.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [48]Jul 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,168

    Hoeech wrote:
    thacrowbar wrote:
    Hmmm....I can kind of see both perspectives on this one. I don't want to see the show run into the ground anymore than anyone else does, but I still think the show has been fairly solid up to this point. I would agree that the shows absolute best days are behind it, but the show still seldom leaves me feeling unsatisfied. I think the show probably has enough life left in it for one more season but that's also probably what I would have said last year. And if they keep this up year after year, eventually they will overstay their welcome.

    It's rare these days that a show will bow out while it's still doing well. "Family Ties" did it as did "Seinfeld". Most shows keep going waaaay past their welcome (i.e. L.A. Law; Night Court; Survivor; etc.)

    On the other hand, there have been a few shows that nearly exhausted themselves but still came to a satisfying ending (Cheers, Frasier, both of Bob Newhart's shows).

    Edited on 07/08/2008 7:42am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rezsurfer

    Rezsurfer

    [49]Jul 13, 2008
    • member since: 05/29/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 6
    I love King of the hill. To you all in here screaming NO to bringing it back and sreaming NO to a 300th episode quit watching it.. U dont want it stop watching it. you come in here complaining saying it is boring and stupid but you watch it... Thats the point people still watch. Sundays are fox's biggest nights. KOTH is part of that. so why complain peole act like this is real. its to entertain. if you aint entertained then change it to something else. my goodness acting like a kid who cant watch sesame street calm down.....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mp34mp

    mp34mp

    [50]Jul 13, 2008
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 4,173
    Rezsurfer wrote:
    I love King of the hill. To you all in here screaming NO to bringing it back and sreaming NO to a 300th episode quit watching it.. U dont want it stop watching it. you come in here complaining saying it is boring and stupid but you watch it... Thats the point people still watch. Sundays are fox's biggest nights. KOTH is part of that. so why complain peole act like this is real. its to entertain. if you aint entertained then change it to something else. my goodness acting like a kid who cant watch sesame street calm down.....


    What's wrong with you?? You like seeing thing beatened down to the point that they're worthless to watch? Have you ever heard of something called "quality control" ? F*** Fox and their big night. Let them find something else to fill in the schedule. They've already ruined the Simpsons. I don't want that to happen to King of the Hill. It'll make for bad / non-existant viewing for reruns. Fox doesn't care about quality, all they care about is money and ratings.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pee_ter_griffen

    pee_ter_griffen

    [51]Jul 21, 2008
    • member since: 08/04/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 29

    The show is still good, not as good as it was during the greg daniels years but still good. Plus since the simpsons lost its heart, And the plot/Ability to be funny, KOTH still offers a good laugh and a nice character exchange. Plus to my knowledge the only continually error is with Luannes dad being in prison. He was actually on the rig hiding from luannes mother after she attacked him. Peggy said so in the episode where she comes back.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PaulieRomanov

    PaulieRomanov

    [52]Jul 22, 2008
    • member since: 03/17/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 12

    KOTH hasn't been ran into the ground yet,but it's close.Mainly because of Lucky.Lucky is all-out funny when he has sub-plots about him(like in Season 9),but when he's part of the central cast,it gets annoying.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rezsurfer

    Rezsurfer

    [53]Jul 23, 2008
    • member since: 05/29/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 6
    so whats your plans if they get rid of KOTH and Simpsons??? Put on a caveman show?? Put on another go nowhere show?? Think people are still watching this show over the past how many years and they have tried new shows all the time but this set keeps making the ratings stay up. So why complain... Get in the bizness and make a better comedy then and we can make fun of your stupid comedy that aint no better then KOTH
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mp34mp

    mp34mp

    [54]Jul 24, 2008
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 4,173
    Rezsurfer wrote:
    so whats your plans if they get rid of KOTH and Simpsons???


    Not my problem. It's Fox's. And I don't know if you've noticed, but the quality of both shows has gone down, down, down. Are you telling me you'd rather watch a crummy Simpsons or KOTH than something else? So just... just keep things around because a bunch of suits care more about numbers than actual product... hmmm. Nope. Still not seeing it. It's not my job as a viewer to care about ratings. I couldn't care less if Fox suddenly had 1 hour of programming to fill in. They could run Family Guy & American Dad repeats in place and that'd be fine by me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of skull555

    skull555

    [55]Jul 26, 2008
    • member since: 05/01/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,187
    I think that The Simpsons and King of the Hill are very good shows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [56]Jul 26, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,168
    skull555 wrote:
    I think that The Simpsons and King of the Hill are very good shows.

    Yes, but ten years ago they were excellent shows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Losterrific

    Losterrific

    [57]Jul 26, 2008
    • member since: 05/02/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 434

    The Simpsons overstayed their welcome ten years ago, they are dead to me now, they are no longer the simpsons; just impersonators.

    KOTH on the other hand is still good. There have been a few disappointing episodes i nthe past couple of seasons, but then again they have been on for 13 years? For the most part i still get laughs, more than i do out of the simpsons, and therefore KOTh has beaten The Simpsons in quality, after season 10.

    It doesn't matter to me when KOTh exits as long as it happens before it gets stale, and as long as they have a nice finale.

    As for the people who say to stop watching. Listen Up!

    For the past seasons we devoted every sunday night to this series (and to the simpsons) we awaited the 7 o'clock (now the 8:30) mark to watch a quality show, and if the quality starts to go down we have the right to complain. We invested our time and love in to the show so that is the right of every viewer. If you don't like the complaints then don't read them.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mp34mp

    mp34mp

    [58]Jul 27, 2008
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 4,173
    They got a really weird KOTH schedule in Chicago, at least for Sunday nights, it was on at 6:30pm before the Simpsons, before that it was on for a half hour before and after the Simpsons, then they made it an hour long 6pm-7pm, and now they've taken the newer episodes off completely for "Til Death" repeats. Things haven't been the same & have been chaotic since Fox took "In Living Color" off the air.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [59]Jul 27, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,168
    Losterrific wrote:

    The Simpsons overstayed their welcome ten years ago, they are dead to me now, they are no longer the simpsons; just impersonators.

    KOTH on the other hand is still good. There have been a few disappointing episodes i nthe past couple of seasons, but then again they have been on for 13 years? For the most part i still get laughs, more than i do out of the simpsons, and therefore KOTh has beaten The Simpsons in quality, after season 10.

    It doesn't matter to me when KOTh exits as long as it happens before it gets stale, and as long as they have a nice finale.

    As for the people who say to stop watching. Listen Up!

    For the past seasons we devoted every sunday night to this series (and to the simpsons) we awaited the 7 o'clock (now the 8:30) mark to watch a quality show, and if the quality starts to go down we have the right to complain. We invested our time and love in to the show so that is the right of every viewer. If you don't like the complaints then don't read them.


    We didn't say stop watching. We're saying stop, period. KOTH doesn't have to be on longer than it has to be. It's Fox's fault that they can't develop new comedies.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [60]Jul 27, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,168
    mp34mp wrote:
    They got a really weird KOTH schedule in Chicago, at least for Sunday nights, it was on at 6:30pm before the Simpsons, before that it was on for a half hour before and after the Simpsons, then they made it an hour long 6pm-7pm, and now they've taken the newer episodes off completely for "Til Death" repeats. Things haven't been the same & have been chaotic since Fox took "In Living Color" off the air.

    Uh... ILC was cancelled 2 1/2 years before KOTH started, and I don't think repeats of ILC aired in syndication.

    "Til Death?" Seriously?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.