King of the Hill Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

13th Season!

mp34mp

[61]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 16
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    They got a really weird KOTH schedule in Chicago, at least for Sunday nights, it was on at 6:30pm before the Simpsons, before that it was on for a half hour before and after the Simpsons, then they made it an hour long 6pm-7pm, and now they've taken the newer episodes off completely for "Til Death" repeats. Things haven't been the same & have been chaotic since Fox took "In Living Color" off the air.

Uh... ILC was cancelled 2 1/2 years before KOTH started, and I don't think repeats of ILC aired in syndication.

"Til Death?" Seriously?

I was kidding about the In Living Color reference, Stu, hence it's in my latest blog entry. Yeah, "Til Death" sucks. Two angry, annoying wives of two generations. It's not pleasant.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[62]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 63
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    They got a really weird KOTH schedule in Chicago, at least for Sunday nights, it was on at 6:30pm before the Simpsons, before that it was on for a half hour before and after the Simpsons, then they made it an hour long 6pm-7pm, and now they've taken the newer episodes off completely for "Til Death" repeats. Things haven't been the same & have been chaotic since Fox took "In Living Color" off the air.

Uh... ILC was cancelled 2 1/2 years before KOTH started, and I don't think repeats of ILC aired in syndication.

"Til Death?" Seriously?

I was kidding about the In Living Color reference, Stu, hence it's in my latest blog entry. Yeah, "Til Death" sucks. Two angry, annoying wives of two generations. It's not pleasant.

Good thing the show's being retooled, eh? I think they fired the younger couple and promoted JB Smoove to regular.

skull555

[63]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 18
    I really cannot wait until Season 13! It is really going to be Awesome!

HelloStuart

[64]Aug 11, 2008
    skull555 wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic, and I'm sick of explaining why.

Zackmartin

[65]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    HelloStuart wrote:
    skull555 wrote:
    Sit Down,Shut up is taken over King Of the Hill's time-slot in Mid-Season

mp34mp

[66]Aug 20, 2008
    Zackmartin wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    skull555 wrote:
    Sit Down,Shut up is taken over King Of the Hill's time-slot in Mid-Season

That better not be another Tony Kornheiser storyline sitcom starring Jason Alexander.

HelloStuart

[67]Aug 20, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    Zackmartin wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    skull555 wrote:
    Sit Down, Shut up is taken over King Of the Hill's time-slot in Mid-Season.

That better not be another Tony Kornheiser storyline sitcom starring Jason Alexander.

No, it's a cartoon about a high school faculty lounge. It features the voices of Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Henry Winkler, Will Forte, and Cheri Oteri.

Zackmartin

[68]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Zackmartin wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    skull555 wrote:
    No, it's a cartoon about a high school faculty lounge. It features the voices of Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Henry Winkler, Will Forte, and Cheri Oteri.
    i am going to watch it because i love watching New Shows.I am looking forward to watching Dollhouse.

mp34mp

[69]Aug 21, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Zackmartin wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    skull555 wrote:

Jesus christ, that sounds just like that awful "Teachers" show on NBC that lasted 6 episodes.

HelloStuart

[70]Aug 23, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Zackmartin wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    skull555 wrote:

Jesus christ, that sounds just like that awful "Teachers" show on NBC that lasted 6 episodes.

With the exception of "Welcome Back Kotter," "Our Miss Brooks," and to some extent "Boston Public" shows about teachers don't tend to last long. I'll judge SDSU when I see it.

watever393

[71]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 10

You guys sound like whiny old people who keep ranting about how things were better in "their day"!

So maybe KoTH and The Simpsons arent quite as good as they were 10 years ago, what show really is!?

Their still really good shows, because apparently, people like you are a minority!

And if you think their so bad why dont you try to keep a CARTOON consistently good for 10 + years!

HelloStuart

[72]Aug 29, 2008
    watever393 wrote:

You guys sound like whiny old people who keep ranting about how things were better in "their day"!

So maybe KoTH and The Simpsons arent quite as good as they were 10 years ago, what show really is!?

Their still really good shows, because apparently, people like you are a minority!

And if you think their so bad why dont you try to keep a CARTOON consistently good for 10 + years!

I don't think I would ever want to do the same thing for ten-plus years.

I can assure you that we disgruntled KOTH fans are not in the minority; the show may still be running, but it's not bringing in the same audience numbers that it had it's first two seasons. Part of the reason KOTH is still running is because all of a sudden Fox can't produce a hit sitcom for their dear lives. It's essentially a placeholder until something better comes along.

watever393

[73]Aug 30, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    watever393 wrote:

I don't think I would ever want to do the same thing for ten-plus years. I can assure you that we disgruntled KOTH fans are not in the minority; the show may still be running, but it's not bringing in the same audience numbers that it had it's first two seasons. Part of the reason KOTH is still running is because all of a sudden Fox can't produce a hit sitcom for their dear lives. It's essentially a placeholder until something better comes along.

It doesnt have the same number of fans cuz that was almost a generation ago.

And compared to the CURRENT fanbase, you are a minority!

And its not that Fox cant PRODUCE a hit sitcom its just that they DONT NEED TO PICK UP one!

With American Idol and Family Guy and everything else, they can wait awhile!

mp34mp

[74]Aug 30, 2008
    watever393 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    watever393 wrote:

I don't think I would ever want to do the same thing for ten-plus years. I can assure you that we disgruntled KOTH fans are not in the minority; the show may still be running, but it's not bringing in the same audience numbers that it had it's first two seasons. Part of the reason KOTH is still running is because all of a sudden Fox can't produce a hit sitcom for their dear lives. It's essentially a placeholder until something better comes along.

It doesnt have the same number of fans cuz that was almost a generation ago.

And compared to the CURRENT fanbase, you are a minority!

And its not that Fox cant PRODUCE a hit sitcom its just that they DONT NEED TO PICK UP one!

With American Idol and Family Guy and everything else, they can wait awhile!

That is a complete load of rhetoric. We ARE the current fan base. Things have been going downhill since season 10, which is something we've all noticed on here in the past few years and have been discussing. The show is clearly running out of gas. For example, the majority of posts on Lucky have been negative. And who in the hell wants another episode dedicated to Peggy's ever-evolving career or another nauseating plot on Enrique?

mp34mp

[75]Aug 30, 2008
    watever393 wrote:
    And its not that Fox cant PRODUCE a hit sitcom its just that they DONT NEED TO PICK UP one! With American Idol and Family Guy and everything else, they can wait awhile!

Something is seriously wrong with a network if they're repeating shows during the week in mulitple primetime (Til Death, the now cancelled Back to You, Hell's Kitchen) and rely on lousy shows like American Idol to eat up multiple primetime hours, and can't even fill a 3-hour Sunday lineup without repeating Til Death, King of the Hill, Family Guy and American Dad using numerous seasons. Every season there's hundreds of pilots shot, and yet Fox can't find a decent new batch of shows? That's very sad that they can't replace a declining show because they have nothing.

HelloStuart

[76]Aug 30, 2008

mp34mp wrote:
    watever393 wrote:
    And its not that Fox cant PRODUCE a hit sitcom its just that they DONT NEED TO PICK UP one! With American Idol and Family Guy and everything else, they can wait awhile!

Something is seriously wrong with a network if they're repeating shows during the week in mulitple primetime (Til Death, the now cancelled Back to You, Hell's Kitchen) and rely on lousy shows like American Idol to eat up multiple primetime hours, and can't even fill a 3-hour Sunday lineup without repeating Til Death, King of the Hill, Family Guy and American Dad using numerous seasons. Every season there's hundreds of pilots shot, and yet Fox can't find a decent new batch of shows? That's very sad that they can't replace a declining show because they have nothing.

Mark/mp34mp hit it right on the head. Fox constantly uses repeats as filler; no other broadcast network does that, nor would they want to. It reeks of desperation.

As for American Idol- it's not everybody's cup of tea, but if people watch and it makes a profit, I'm not complaining.

Edited on 08/30/2008 8:32am

watever393

[77]Aug 30, 2008

mp34mp wrote:
    watever393 wrote:

I personnaly hate AI, but I know for a fact that most of the country does.

There may not be to many good shows on the network right now, but its not like primetime is all they have. Fox News rakes in a lot of there rating so...

Also how many quality sitcoms are there right now? Fox has been around for awhile and every thing has to go through a rough patch.

watever393

[78]Aug 30, 2008

mp34mp wrote:
    We ARE the current fan base.

No, you arent.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU are a minority in the current fanbase.

coolchris44

[79]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 22

that's great news to here.

hopefully we will get to see luanne's baby this season.

HelloStuart

[80]Sep 6, 2008
    watever393 wrote:

mp34mp wrote:
    We ARE the current fan base.

No, you arent.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU are a minority in the current fanbase.

Every group has dissenters. KOTH fans are a minority in their own right; it's not like we have fan conventions like "The Simpsons" or a website where every episode is available for download like "South Park"...